Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

Clue Set 1 – Babylegs (Announced Dead Exposure: Patient Zero)

Part 1

q36gFUxzTwP3g-kcTBbU85FfoaA=.gif 

Part 2

E-iboRmcdE_CmKZMaK3OLFWY7U0=.gif 

Solution – In Part 1, the word “Detective” is replaced by the word “Cop.” A Detective is similar to a Private Investigator. Boris Schuster, the protagonists of Dead Exposure in 2008 was a PI. In Part 2, “Daddy Legs” replaces “Regular Legs” to key on a replaced word.

Clue Set 2 – Mind Blowers

wPNxfU_TWkVEtOhez8ka_gwO7GU=.gif 

Clue Set 3 – Dammit Jerry

Part 1

pZUsQfuhnqxF7JO7l010rSOldas=.gif 

Part 2

A1YZKl_tTWPNlxcFIbhFD_pxlq0=.gif 

Part 3

mSjhEL39unrtvjFFhjTD2bf3Yw8=.gif 

Clue 4 “Saving Rick” –

43-0myzkor8MU6r9QG0fIDh-oZ4=.gif 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Would prefer it not be The Strangers. They appeared in Silver Screams and in ANDI: DF. We have two "suburban home invasion" properties already (Cult and Halloween).

The Strangers were my favorite characters in that zone. They had so much personality.

5 hours ago, WannabeIcon said:

The way I read these poems, makes me really feel like TrT because it was a well received  zone last year!

I understand it has technically not been a house,  but was not the Hallow an Ode to it?

So therefore why we have @mystiquephreeq lines, of "had a home, but not its own"?? 

Seems to fit the bill big time!! And I think @Ringwraith with his "big" rhyme means it about an IP property for sure!

But just my 2 cents for what its worth, which is all of 2 cents cause I have no inside info...lol :playdead:

Is it an IP? Or is "big" used in the context of it being a big deal for us fans? Or is it used in the context of its location?

Edited by Ringwraith
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Is it an IP? Or is "big" used in the context of it being a big deal for us fans? Or is it used in the context of its location?

The way I read it, that was the vibe I got...but its your clue and you have given me more questions? 

So what do I know?? LMAO :lol:

• Like 1

God damnit , @Ringwraith, your likes have no meaning!  :lol:You like things on both sides of a discussion, so I'm not sure what to rule out or go more in-depth. Maybe what you DON'T like is what is right? In that case...things might be VERY strange this year...

53 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

The Strangers were my favorite characters in that zone. They had so much personality.

;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fvcking cvnt said:

God damnit , @Ringwraith, your likes have no meaning!  :lol:You like things on both sides of a discussion, so I'm not sure what to rule out or go more in-depth. Maybe what you DON'T like is what is right? In that case...things might be VERY strange this year...

;)

I do like pieces of discussions. When someone has a point, or they've gotten close to figuring something out, I do like it. You just don't know which portion of it I'm referring to. 

That's the fun of it all!

• Like 3

On 4/17/2018 at 5:43 PM, Midnight Detective said:

criticalanalysis got banned :/

Wh-wha-whaaaaat?? What the heck happened?! He always added great stuff to the discussion on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Merlin said:

Wh-wha-whaaaaat?? What the heck happened?! He always added great stuff to the discussion on here.

Allow me to fill the gap, then.....

Ahem!  Ahem!

HHN 28 is going suck!  I have already decided this based on what little we know.

It may go down as the worst year ever.

It's like Universal isn't even trying anymore.

Stranger Things is a terrible IP, and will make an even worse house.

Dead Exposure is just going to be The Walking Dead with ultraviolet lights.

Trick R Treat was a meh movie, as was seen in the meh scarezone. 

The Thing has been played to death so don't bring it back.

The scarezones are going to completely suck.

And if you don't agree with me, then you suck, too.

<<< The preceding statement does not necessarily reflect the opinions of zombieman, or the management of Horror Night Nightmares.  It has been provided as a satirical representation of what criticalanalysis may have opined, had he not gotten his stupid ass banned. >>>

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Ahem!  Ahem!

HHN 28 is going suck!  I have already decided this based on what little we know.

<<< The preceding statement does not necessarily reflect the opinions of zombieman, or the management of Horror Night Nightmares.  It has been provided as a satirical representation of what criticalanalysis may have opined, had he not gotten his stupid ass banned. >>>

As hilarious and an accurate depiction of most his posts as this was, this was his HHN 27 review; credit where credit is due:

Very short review as I just got back from our two day trip (longer review to come):

• Blumhouse was my favorite house (completely unexpected. It felt unnerving, intense, scary. The Purge was, thankfully, super short), Hive and Ash v Evil Dead my next two
  • Dead Water was gorgeous, but overrated
  • The Shining I had mixed feelings on
  • Scarecrow wasn't that scary, love what they did outside the tent though
  • AHS was great (felt like an actual house, not just a photo-op house)
  • Saw was the weakest house (the GATs got me twice!)
  • The Fallen's characters were fantastic, though I think the house felt too "samey" overall

Scare zones:

• Trick r Treat - breathtaking, beautiful, perfect. Great, great, great zone.
  • Invasion - cool idea, feels like it's missing something
  • The Purge - better than expected, but I'm tired of it being everywhere
  • Altars of Horror - cmon...
  • Festival of the Deadliest - I was happy to see it felt more "adult" and sort of a throw back to the older events, but wasn't that good

Best scare: B&T's explosion at the end

Drink changes were welcome, but we need the nurses. It's not HHN without them.

Intensity in the houses were THROUGH THE ROOF. THANK YOU.

Scare zones dragged down a good overall job in houses, so a 7/10 year. Wish there was an overarching theme and front gate decorations.

But I'm pleased :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zombieman said:

Ahem!  Ahem!

Wow it's like he's actually here

19 hours ago, zombieman said:

Ahem!  Ahem!

I feel like you are missing a section where you compare it to local haunts from 7 states away that only run for 4 nights.

• Haha 3

I don't think it was his criticism of the event that got him banned, annoying as many of us found it.  I think it was his criticism of attendees and forum members.  Remember last year's "Why do you all have such terrible ideas that will hurt the event?  No really, I honestly want to know, I'm not just being a needlessly provocative ass"?  Not to mention his passionate plea to raise ticket prices to keep the riffraff out of the event.  Yeah, good times.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, peculia said:

I don't think it was his criticism of the event that got him banned, annoying as many of us found it.  I think it was his criticism of attendees and forum members.  Remember last year's "Why do you all have such terrible ideas that will hurt the event?  No really, I honestly want to know, I'm not just being a needlessly provocative ass"?  Not to mention his passionate plea to raise ticket prices to keep the riffraff out of the event.  Yeah, good times.

I remember there being some personal attacks involving some bullying that went a little far and quite frankly out of the ordinary for him. Even if he wasn't serious, I remember feelings getting hurt.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, peculia said:

Not to mention his passionate plea to raise ticket prices to keep the riffraff out of the event.

And you know if they did raise ticket prices, this would have been his response:
"How DARE they jack up ticket prices for this sub-standard fare? Universal used to care about quality and now they only care about the bottom line!"

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Haha 2

I do miss criticalanalysis, tho. I haven’t been around often enough to see some of these personal attacks and such, but i do think he got a bad rep just for how bluntly he stated his oft-negative opinions. 

R.I.P. criticalanalysis, 2014-2018

• Like 2

Legacy's clue #4 is for an IP and is theoretically not too hard to figure out. It was also alluded that it may be something we haven't been talking about. 

Maybe Re-Animator? Some kinda Frankenstein? (Some Kinda Frankenstein shoulda been an 80's movie, damnit)

If I could alter reality and make it what I want, I'd go with Friday The 13th Part 6, but I'm just that kinda guy. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Legacy's clue #4 is for an IP and is theoretically not too hard to figure out. It was also alluded that it may be something we haven't been talking about. 

Maybe Re-Animator? Some kinda Frankenstein? (Some Kinda Frankenstein shoulda been an 80's movie, damnit)

If I could alter reality and make it what I want, I'd go with Friday The 13th Part 6, but I'm just that kinda guy. 

Weve talked about it. We just haven't really talked about it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Weve talked about it. We just haven't really talked about it. 

So we are getting the monster squad since its 80's themed??? J/K  :lol::lol::lol:

Could we get a permanent UCM maze in T2, that would be something...would go perfectly with Horror and Makeup right down the block!

i'm fishing over here...bored at work, need more talking to keep me busy!!

• Like 2