Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

26 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

So what’s the consensus on whether there will be an announcement today? Yay or nay? 

I'm rarely given specific dates, but I was given a date for the next one. It wasn't today.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MGregorio594 said:

Would they really announce another house already, though? They only announced Dead Exposure last week, feel like it's kind of soon for something else. 

Since they're already breaking norms with last week's announcement (an original, by itself, this early in the season), nothing is off the table.

I'd like to present the following for argument's sake:

Let's assume that we will have (at minimum) 9 houses, 2 shows, and 5 zones. Sixteen total "items" they could potentially announce. We've already heard of two (Stranger Things, and Dead Exposure). That would leave us with 14 more items to announce.

If they announce one item separately, weekly, they could continue that through August 2nd without a gap. 

While 8/2 is a little early to have a "full reveal", it's not that far off. If you factor in a week where they skip (maybe not the week of July 4th for instance), and an item or two that we might not be aware of yet; that would put us right around the mid-August mark that we're used to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Since they're already breaking norms with last week's announcement (an original, by itself, this early in the season), nothing is off the table.

I'd like to present the following for argument's sake:

Let's assume that we will have (at minimum) 9 houses, 2 shows, and 5 zones. Sixteen total "items" they could potentially announce. We've already heard of two (Stranger Things, and Dead Exposure). That would leave us with 14 more items to announce.

If they announce one item separately, weekly, they could continue that through August 2nd without a gap. 

While 8/2 is a little early to have a "full reveal", it's not that far off. If you factor in a week where they skip (maybe not the week of July 4th for instance), and an item or two that we might not be aware of yet; that would put us right around the mid-August mark that we're used to.

Or, what I think is more likely (and I don't know, just spit-balling), we have at list 7 more houses to go. If they announce two houses a month (May/June/July), that allows an announcement roughly every two weeks, with the ninth house falling in August. That leaves the full reveal of zones, shows, whatever to be the second August reveal.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Or, what I think is more likely (and I don't know, just spit-balling), we have at list 7 more houses to go. If they announce two houses a month (May/June/July), that allows an announcement roughly every two weeks, with the ninth house falling in August. That leaves the full reveal of zones, shows, whatever to be the second August reveal.

Or that. I like my idea better. Let's do that one.

• Like 2

Not sure about today, but Hollywood is a little behind and I think the next announcement was supposed to be a shared property, so if it was today it's likely for Hollywood to play catch up. I'd guess next week, though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Any of you insiders know anything about ROF passes for this year? I'd like to get this shit booked man...

Not an insider but the blog post for dead exposure mentioned at the end that the buy one get one deal on single night tix expires June 6 so maybe we'll see them show up when they squeeze what they can from that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Multi day tickets typically get released mid-June. So, probably a week or two after the BOGO offer expires.

Pretty sure ROF is usually release by now. We have always booked in April. Thats why it scares me.... oh well. Im going anyway!!!!

17 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Pretty sure ROF is usually release by now. We have always booked in April. Thats why it scares me.... oh well. Im going anyway!!!!

Doing a quick search on the forums, it looks like all non-single day tickets were released June 7th last year. 

7 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Doing a quick search on the forums, it looks like all non-single day tickets were released June 7th last year. 

Damn youre right. This is what you guys get from me since my wife does all the booking... dumb questions!!! LOLOLOL

We dropped $639.98 on two ROF passes with fast pass.  Damn.....

No word today on any dig,

So I'll clue you in on a big,

They've tested out in a zone,

And even given it a home,

The sequel game is not quite over,

It's just begun with Dead Exposure

Edited by Ringwraith
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

No word today on any digs,

So I'll clue you in on one of the bigs,

They've tested it out in a zone,

And even given it a home,

The sequel game is not quite over,

It's just begun with Dead Exposure

Well. At least your poetry is better than Ifrit's. 

My interpretation: A zone that was also a house a la "Dead Water" last year. But, probably not ANOTHER voodoo/bayou house.

Edit: If it's the one I've heard rumblings about, maybe "giving it a house" is a bit of a misdirection? 

Edited by StupidStupidDan
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

My interpretation: A zone that was also a house a la "Dead Water" last year. But, probably not ANOTHER voodoo/bayou house.

Edit: If it's the one I've heard rumblings about, maybe "giving it a house" is a bit of a misdirection? 

No misdirection here. Although, there may be more than one answer. But that is why we are in the speculation thread!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Timings off on the second line. 

The Ifrit keeps his meter and cadence solid. 

Should I reproduce my poem regarding poetry that I used to explain the importance of our mutual friend's couplets in 2011?

And...

It had a home

Just not its own. 

• Like 2

Speaking with such eloquence

Bears us little consequence

When proving information

While using obfuscation,

This work requires certainty

Or it causes hurt that we [slant rhyme!]

Answer for at later dates

When wrong info incriminates.

While some is right; most is wrong

Forcing those to play along,

Who do not have what I have seen.

I am no longer in between.

Don't expect what you expect

And don't dare hedge any bets.

*mic drop*

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Legacy said:

When proving information

While using obfuscation,

*mic drop*

Third stanza, line three

don't instead of do not would keep meter and cadence. 

For when it comes to metered voice

It's not about the rhyming choice

Instead the words will have to meet

A fixed set o' syllabic feet

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Timings off on the second line. 

The Ifrit keeps his meter and cadence solid. 

Should I reproduce my poem regarding poetry that I used to explain the importance of our mutual friend's couplets in 2011?

And...

It had a home

Just not its own. 

30 minutes ago, Legacy said:

When proving information

While using obfuscation,

*mic drop*

I just wanted to rhyme stuffs and I only had five minutes at my compooter.

• Like 2