Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

2 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

Got some Intel today and it's going to be a highly nostalgic year. As of right now, the 80's theme does not seem to thread through the originals, although their story lines could be bent in that direction. Some will be very disappointed in the choices for originals, as they are not homeruns. HOWEVER, I think this will make the IP's very much darlings of the event. There will also be much excitement over the amount of houses and decent excitement over the IP/Original ratio.

Would you consider DE2 a "homerun?"

When I think of disappointing choices for originals, 23 comes to mind (I didn't go that year, I'm just saying the originals sounded crappy). So the originals are just going to be thrown together (Havoc, Afterlife/Lunatic's Playground)? I was starting to get my hopes up for four kick@$$ originals.

I have been quite happy with the two announcements thus far, of course.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

When I think of disappointing choices for originals, 23 comes to mind. So the originals are just going to be thrown together (Havoc, Afterlife/Lunatic's Playground)? I was starting to get my hopes up for four kick@$$ originals.

To accuse any originals of just being “thrown together” is unfair to A&D, especially when one of the houses you name was a sequel, that was a new attempt at something they’d never tried before. They put effort into what they do. Whether it “works” is impossible to determine until a cast is performing.

That said, what I’m hearing about the originals is interesting. There’s some effects/set-pieces that may work well or may be duds. They seem to be trying different things at least. That’s not bad. And it’s not any rumor-monger’s place to JUDGE something that isn’t even built yet.

There may be a all-time great in this lineup. They may all be Spawnings. That determination can’t be made until September.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Legacy said:

To accuse any originals of just being “thrown together” is unfair to A&D, especially when one of the houses you name won House of the Year. They put effort into what they do. Whether it “works” is impossible to determine until a cast is performing.

That said, what I’m hearing about the originals is interesting. There’s some effects/set-pieces that may work well or may be duds. They seem to be trying different things at least. That’s not bad. And it’s not any rumor-monger’s place to JUDGE something that isn’t even built yet.

There may be a all-time great in this lineup. They may all be Spawnings. That determination can’t be made until September.

My apologies. (I sure didn't think last year's originals were thrown together--despite whatever problems I might have had with a couple of them.)

Like I said, the first two announcements sound very good. And I can always appreciate them trying new things.

2 minutes ago, Legacy said:

That said, what I’m hearing about the originals is interesting. There’s some effects/set-pieces that may work well or may be duds. They seem to be trying different things at least.

Oh Legacy, stop. You’re making me all excited. :D

2 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

My deepest apologies, I love what A&D is able to do. Like I said, the first two announcements sound very good. And I can always appreciate them trying new things.

Honestly you weren’t saying anything offensive to A&D, maybe @Legacy quoted the wrong post? Maybe he meant to quote @Ringwraith? You didn’t even say anything bad about the future houses other than what Ring said, sooo....

4 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Oh Legacy, stop. You’re making me all excited. :D

Honestly you weren’t saying anything offensive to A&D, maybe @Legacy quoted the wrong post? Maybe he meant to quote @Ringwraith? You didn’t even say anything bad about the future houses other than what Ring said, sooo....

No, he meant my post. "Thrown together" was a poor choice of words on my part.

I'm guessing the next announcement will be around May 17 (three weeks after DE2 announced).

• Like 1

whatever you do, don’t look into its eyes! (Ha!)

Here, Morty, this’ll make your urine drinkable (Waterworld!)

How many of these are just horrible mistakes I’ve made? (Happy Death Day!)

You simply have to choose (Saw! Ghostbusters!)

after ten moons, time to stop naming and start numbering, you know? (Aliens!)

is that a demon slug in your stomach, or are you just happy to.. (Any Alien Movie!)

Well, I guess it’s nice to know the whole family sucks! (Psycho! The Hills Have Eyes! Vampires! Texas Chainsaw Massacre! Aliens! Scream! Voorhees!)

You’ve seen too many movies, Morty. (Me Too!)

Reality is poison! (Poison is a code name!)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

Could this be Morty’s Mind Blower? latest?cb=20161021175924

I'm not a huge R&M fan, but the Scary Terry sequence was sidesplitting.

"He keeps saying we can run but we can't hide, I say we try hiding."

"But that's the opposite of--"

"Yeah, well, since when are we taking this guy's advice on anything?!"

:lol:

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I'm not a huge R&M fan, but the Scary Terry sequence was sidesplitting.

"He keeps saying we can run but we can't hide, I say we try hiding."

"But that's the opposite of--"

"Yeah, well, since when are we taking this guy's advice on anything?!"

:lol:

From someone who is a rick and morty fan, and also watched this episode earlier to solve Legacy’s riddle, Scary Terry isn’t in that episode. And Legacy said “The next announcement is

IN Morty’s mind blowers”

Emphasis on in, clearly. He said it’s quite literal and is a quote so it’s in the actual episode somewhere if Legacy is to be believed

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

From someone who is a rick and morty fan, and also watched this episode earlier to solve Legacy’s riddle, Scary Terry isn’t in that episode. And Legacy said “The next announcement is

IN Morty’s mind blowers”

Emphasis on in, clearly. He said it’s quite literal and is a quote so it’s in the actual episode somewhere if Legacy is to be believed

Oh I knew that. The fact that picture of Freddy was posted made me think of that.

11 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

When I think of disappointing choices for originals, 23 comes to mind (I didn't go that year, I'm just saying the originals sounded crappy). So the originals are just going to be thrown together (Havoc, Afterlife/Lunatic's Playground)? I was starting to get my hopes up for four kick@$$ originals.

I have been quite happy with the two announcements thus far, of course.

Uh oh. I screwed this one up big time, but went back and edited. I meant the IP's(other than ST) aren't necessarily homeruns, but they could be the darlings of the event since they are not necessarily big money makers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Having only watched that Rick & Morty episode I’m probably wrong but I’m just gonna guess (if it’s not an original) it’s TrT, since that’s also an anthology just like that episode was (although it’s referred to as a “freeform anthology”). Whatever it is though I’m hoping it’s somewhat soon-like  sometime in May. 

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

Uh oh. I screwed this one up big time, but went back and edited. I meant the IP's(other than ST) aren't necessarily homeruns, but they could be the darlings of the event since they are not necessarily big money makers.

I’m wondering what this could mean-cause I’d consider Freddy & Mikey big money makers.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Legacy said:

You sound certain they're coming.

Well the only thing in regards to HHN I’m certain of is that I’m certain of nothing lol

What I mean though is if the potential darlings of the event aren’t big money maker IP’s then it does sound like to me that the big IP’s that they’ve banked on in the past (like Freddy & Halloween) may be in jeopardy. Unless those two aren’t considered big money makers for HHN? I’m acting under the impression the big franchises are. 

Or were they never even on the table to begin with??

Edited by DraculaTeeth
  • Like 2

whatever you do, don’t look into its eyes!

Reality is poison!

are the only two I have with an actual name in them. It and Poison. I know it can't be IT, so if not poison, I'm missing stuff. Going to re-read the script much later tonight.

EDIT- and this is under the assumption it is still an IP we're looking for and assuming the next announcement will be a house announcement. 

Uuuuuh we're gonna have a countdown, Morty, a c-crazy contest in which the winner is no one! 

Thth-that s-sounds pretty pointless, Rick!

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Did HHNUnofficial just unintentionally mention a house in the HHN28 lineup? Maybe more than one?

I don't know. You tell me. heh heh

Seriously though, would love to see Fright Night, Dog Soldiers, Howling, Nightmare 3 and Hellraiser. The rest could be fun too. 

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic