Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

Jeez, I just re-read the Universal tweet:

"Get Ready for a PLAGUE of DARKNESS".

Ifrit made us latch onto the word Darkness for Dead Exposure.  What about the word PLAGUE?  Could you imagine if this was a mashup somehow of Dead Exposure and Catacombs???

You don't even need to involve Bloody Mary.  That would be a mashup of two intensely popular houses (neither of which I really enjoyed, but still)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ToxicodendronHEDERA92 said:

It seems to me that the trademark issues have to do with the specific look and make up used, and the exact back story tied in with her comics.  The urban legend of Bloody Mary can't be trademarked and since they've changed the looks of other icons to update them over the years I would think that giving her a clear backstory tied only to the urban legend with details that clearly separate her from the comic character and updating her look would mean she could show up any year they want...I don't know if they are interested in burning that bridge in case they wanna work with her in the future, or incase they use her make up products in any way at hhn.  I would think having her show up enough years later that she may not even notice and avoiding using the phrase "she's back" in anyway to draw attention would all be easy ways to prove they aren't ripping her off just going a different route... idk maybe there's other details that I'm missing but this seems to be a case with some huge loopholes if universal is interested, sensitivity seems to be the bigger issue and how they handle it than the rights!! 

Oh and can can I just say I'm loving the fact that they're telling us when the announcements are coming this year even if it's only the day before!!!

She trademarked the words Bloody Mary.

"Standard Character Marks. The Standard Character Mark (also known as a word mark) is used to register words, letters, numbers or any combination thereof. However it does not lay claim to any particular font style, size, color or design element."

Dr. Mary Agana was created by Mike Aiello. 

• Like 2

Hey, maybe Universal will try to mash up IP with an original:

Fear the Walking Dead Exposure!

I'll go duck behind this dumpster to avoid being hit...

3 minutes ago, ToxicodendronHEDERA92 said:

I wouldn't think she could do that since it's a Name not just a combination of words but that would be the missing puzzle piece I guess

She managed to get licensing money with it, so it worked for her...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, zombieman said:

I don't see that happening.

I wouldn't think they'd bring them back soo soon either but they were there for reflections of fear and that year mentions them having to do with the plague 

Collections of the past"With their history shrouded in mystery, the Body Collectors, have been "collecting" an untold number of souls for centuries. Using mass-murders and plagues to cover up their ghoulish activities, "the Collectors" are constantly searching for the next specimen to add to their macabre museum...There is no plague, there is no Jack the "Ripper", only the Collectors, Collecting...Collecting..." 

This also made it into hallowed past

Edited by ToxicodendronHEDERA92

58 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Ifrit made us latch onto the word Darkness for Dead Exposure.  What about the word PLAGUE?  Could you imagine if this was a mashup somehow of Dead Exposure and Catacombs???

You don't even need to involve Bloody Mary.  That would be a mashup of two intensely popular houses (neither of which I really enjoyed, but still)

Given that I loved The Hallow, Tomb of the Ancients and Scarecrow, I'm thinking Catacombs would've been right up my alley.

Maybe the plague doctors and patients breaking out to our world is covered by a photographer?

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

Dear Ifrit,

I appreciate your the effort you put into your riddles, but I feel your confirmations hinder discussion. Your method of hinting when you directly confirm what you're hinting at ends all fan speculation at that tweet, whereas when @Legacy,@mystiquephreeq@Ringwraith, or Brian on IU hint, people speculate on it for weeks. Instead of giving a clear answer as to what rumors they've heard, they instead leave their hints up to further speculation, never showing their full hand. I don't mean to sound unappreciative, your tweets are super fun to dig into and contain some great riddles, I just wanted to make this suggestion: Make us work harder :P

Happy speculating! (and hinting!) :freddy:

Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 5

With an original seemingly being announced so early, what do people think this could mean for IPs? Is it that the IP lineup is considered “weak” after Stranger Things, and therefore reliance is being put on the strength of the originals to sell the event? Or the impact of the originals last year (which were brilliant) is giving them a better platform to be marketed as a key draw for the general public?

Personally I think we’ve got to the tipping point with IPs. There isn’t that much out there worth doing that hasn’t been done before. And as someone who loved the originals last year this really excites me. As great as it is to experience IPs I feel like they can be limiting in how creatove the team can be. Whereas with originals the sky’s the limit. They can do what they want. Stranger Things aside, I’m more excited about what they will do with originals than what IPs they can get. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, zombieman said:

Lastly, they took you through the water vortex.  There was no real reason why you were going through it or why it was there, but it was cool.  I'm wondering if it was always turned on, because I cannot imagine those pumps can run continuous for an 8 hour stint.  But I definitely remember the vortex being on every time I went through.  They did have to pulse the line though so no one was left standing in the vortex.  That caused terrible backups of the line as you can imagine, as the vortex was at the end of the house.

^well this is the most inaccurate description of all time.. The water vortex was the FIRST thing you entered, NOT the exit of the house. The obvious way to know and remember this would be because the house used PF's queue... which was permanent/built in.. There was even props & hangy shit within the vortex tunnel (see pic below)

One of my friends was a scareactor in this house, so I know it very well and have seen "lights on" pics. And yes, the vortex ran all night every night for the event. Just like normal park operations, it'd get turned off at the end of the night. They got a cast pic one night standing in the tunnel when it was shut off, all the water came down on them.

The house used the same exit as normal PF operations. And it did actually have a little back-n-forth action due to the wider hallways. The "hibernating dwellers" (yes that was their names) had mineshaft-like wooden booholes to pop out from within that wide exit hallway (this was my friend's area).

hhn38.jpg

• Love 1

11 hours ago, ToxicodendronHEDERA92 said:

Oh and can can I just say I'm loving the fact that they're telling us when the announcements are coming this year even if it's only the day before!!!

Super helpful. It lets me schedule meetings at work to avoid when the announcements will probably be.

• Like 2

For the original house announcement today, I’m wondering if anyone is thinking the same thing as me: Could this original house announcement be linked to an Icon reveal or maybe it’s an IP house, but with A&D’s spin? By spin I mean that they take the IP, and give it an original overlay. I think Icon because why would they announce an original house so early in the year? Or maybe it could be linked to an IP, like in 2007 with The Thing house and in 2014 with Alien Vs. Predator? I don’t really know, but what do you guys think?

Edited by DM1996

7 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

What time are we looking st for the announcement ?

Most of the official announcements get posted about noon ish well at least the last couple years now I'm bettin that's a safe bet for today too 11:30-12:30 or so.   I think if they were waiting till midnight they'd let us know they usually do at least

Edited by ToxicodendronHEDERA92

12 hours ago, zombieman said:

C'est un exemple de grande spéculation. 

L'Ifrit n'est pas aussi omnipotent qu'il veut que nous pensions. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ToxicodendronHEDERA92 said:

Could the French you're using be a reference to the catacombs under Paris...but if he's no as omnipotent as he'd like us to think could he have been given false information?!? Is he giving US false information is he a mole for universal :lol::lol:

Catacombes? Oui. Paris? Non

6 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Image result for home alone les incompetent

J'ai pris le latin à l'école et non le français. Pardonner les traductions de base. 

• Like 1