Generally speaking, as long as the following rules are met you should never find yourself subject to disciplinary action:
- Ensure a friendly atmosphere for our visitors and forum members.
- Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
- "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
- "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
- Remember your audience; both present and future.
The following is not an exhaustive list of the rules and guidelines that must be followed when participating on Horror Night Nightmares. The administration and moderation team reserve the right to terminate any and all accounts or remove any content at any stage without prior notice. The rules outlined below are only the minimum expectations of members, and not every issue can be predicted and addressed here, so conduct could still be considered out of line even if it isn't covered here specifically. The instructions of the moderation team must be followed at all times.
No harassment, discrimination or abuse of any kind.
- This includes insults, fanboy, or troll accusations
- No pornography or sexually explicit material
- ‘LMGTFY’ links
- Post count/reputation farming
- 'Ask Me Anything’ threads
- Tagging things as 'repost' or 'reported'
- This includes flame wars such as Halloween Horror Nights vs Howl-O-Scream, Universal vs Disney
- No blatant Websites (without permission)
- No referral links
- Website/YouTube links ARE allowed in user profiles and status updates
- Text only, up to size 14
- Graphics only, 460 x 130
- No Advertising/External Links (without permission)
- In the interests of personal safety, we do not permit the posting of personal information other than your own. This includes real names, email addresses, etc.
- We highly discourage the posting of and will actively remove any personal information of persons under the age of 16
Moderation & Bans
- Do not openly discuss the moderation of any content or user. If you have an issue, please contact a staff member.
- Do not backseat moderate – if there’s an issue, please use the report function.
- Please be aware staff cannot see private messages unless they are reported.
- If you have an issue with a moderator at any time, please contact an Administrator via PM
Horror Night Nightmares is not affiliated with Comcast, NBC Universal, Universal Studios, ABC, Walt Disney Company, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Merlin Entertainment or any subsidiary company. Users of the discussion forum that are affiliated with any of these companies should be aware that the consequences of posting confidential and/or private information will be determined by their employer.