Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

12 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Few people seem to be hinting at HHN announcements this week. Will be interesting trying to follow this on social media etc. without seeing spoilers for Avengers lol

If something gets announced, we should find out before posts start hitting for Avengers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Legacy said:

That's all it was. In the first clue, I changed "Detective" to Cop because Detective is the word that matters. In the second clue, I made an even more obvious change to try and bring focus to the fact that I changed something. So, Detective.

A Detective is important to Zero.

And yes, shocked is a termed that, in this instance, means subverting what is expected with immense emotion. Surprise.

Are those two connected?

• Like 1

Zero and Surprise are both codenames. 

I think the last bit is telling us that if not Chucky, Surprise is something we aren't expecting.

Or something like that.

I think his earlier AHS connection to that name was mostly a joke.

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRobcat said:

Zero and Surprise are both codenames. 

I think the last bit is telling us that if not Chucky, Surprise is something we aren't expecting.

Or something like that.

I don’t think it’s Chucky, or, has that one been seriously hinted at? 

What I’m curious about is whether Zero & Surprise are codenames for originals.

Edited by DraculaTeeth
Grammar
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

I don’t think it’s Chucky, or, has one that been seriously hinted at? 

What I’m curious about is whether Zero & Surprise are codenames for originals.

Chucky was what Legacy was reacting to with his surprise comment. Surprise is one of two IPs. All others but fireball might be originals. Zero is one we have been trying to decipher.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Chucky was what Legacy was reacting to with his surprise comment. Surprise is one of two IPs. All others but fireball might be originals. Zero is one we have been trying to decipher.

That’s what I get for not paying attention lol I’m blaming a rough weekend.

Last week though I replied to @Legacy about Chucky and it wasn’t addressed so I figured I must’ve been wrong about it. However it was in regards to @mystiquephreeq‘s post, and I did only mention specifically Child’s Play. If I’m reading things right (which I’m probably not) this sounds like it might be some Bride of Chucky/Seed of Chucky/Third Cousin of Chucky/Chucky’s Grandson’s Hamster stuff? Or is the dad stuff just in regards to Zero? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Or is the dad stuff just in regards to Zero?

We got that far and are now at the point that we know a detective is related to zero in some way. The R&M gifs pointed us to "Detective". There is a well known HHN Detective that I mentioned previously, but I am still not sure if that is the guy this points to. 

And again, I don't actually think Chucky is coming, but something as not-talked about as Chucky that will take us off guard. Unless ol' Lion McDonald was actually confirming it. He's tricksy though. heh heh

Maybe the surprise is Titans of Terror. I might be the only one who would be super happy with that. 

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheRobcat said:

Nope. I really think the codename for AHS is Surprise. I don't KNOW, but it's an educated guess.

And I don't expect Child's Play/Chucky at the event this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

We got that far and are now at the point that we know a detective is related to zero in some way. The R&M gifs pointed us to "Detective". There is a well known HHN Detective that I mentioned previously, but I am still not sure if that is the guy this points to. 

And again, I don't actually think Chucky is coming, but something as not-talked about as Chucky that will take us off guard. Unless ol' Lion McDonald was actually confirming it. He's tricksy though. heh heh

Maybe the surprise is Titans of Terror. I might be the only one who would be super happy with that. 

ol' Lion McDonald made me LOL

also I would also be super happy with that, like SUPER happy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Hmmm well I have no idea whether Zero is strictly for an original or IP but if we’re talking IP’s, and one’s that haven’t been brought up (yet...at least to my knowledge, apologies if someone has mentioned it already) there is Sinister. There’s a cop in that one that helps play detective for Ethan Hawke’s character (in both movies) I know it was used last year, but so was AHS and that seems to be all but officially confirmed at this point. It’s not something I personally want to see happen, but I don’t think it’d surprise me if it did. 

1 minute ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Hmmm well I have no idea whether Zero is strictly for an original or IP but if we’re talking IP’s, and one’s that haven’t been brought up (yet...at least to my knowledge, apologies if someone has mentioned it already) there is Sinister. There’s a cop in that one that helps play detective for Ethan Hawke’s character (in both movies) I know it was used last year, but so was AHS and that seems to be all but officially confirmed at this point. It’s not something I personally want to see happen, but I don’t think it’d surprise me if it did. 

I'm pretty sure Legacy has said Zero is almost definitely original.

• Like 3

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not - but in addition to a new Halloween movie this year WITH the great Jamie Lee, it's also the 40th anniversary of Halloween.  I would shocked, SHOCKED if Halloween isn't a given this year.

Also, it's the 10th anniversary of Legendary Truth.. all this talk of a detective makes me think of Boris as well... and then I start my wishing and hoping for an LT connection this year.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not - but in addition to a new Halloween movie this year WITH the great Jamie Lee, it's also the 40th anniversary of Halloween.  I would shocked, SHOCKED if Halloween isn't a given this year.

Also, it's the 10th anniversary of Legendary Truth.. all this talk of a detective makes me think of Boris as well... and then I start my wishing and hoping for an LT connection this year.

Can we have both of these happen, please?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

I'm pretty sure Legacy has said Zero is almost definitely original.

Good, sounds like detective zeroes in on suspect(s) and a hunt/be hunted house?? Original houses are very difficult to guess, it could be absolutely anything. But if it’s Legendary Truth I only started attending during 26 so I’ll definitely have to read up on it!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Few people seem to be hinting at HHN announcements this week. Will be interesting trying to follow this on social media etc. without seeing spoilers for Avengers lol

I think it would be a poor move to do an announcement this week or next for all the buzz of an announcement will be drowned by anything Avengers. I would think two weeks out would be an ok time to even think about announcing again. I know it is different genres but Avengers is such a mammoth that anything entertainment released same time frame is doomed to be crushed by the titan. 

• Like 2

I'm a bit confused, as there are so many codenames/clues flying about.  

Is Ifrit's riddle connected to the detective from the past dozen posts?

Regarding Ifrit's clue:

Welcome now to the hallowed past

Been awhile since we saw this last

Just one of many in that year

Both times seen, it was linked to fear

Line 1: Referring not only to anything from the past, but a specific house (Hallowed Past from 2010).

Line 2: 20 years and 8 years for my guess, to be specific, but still a long time in the past.

Line 3: Just one of many (houses) in that year (2010)

Line 4:  "Linked to fear" possible meanings:

• 1998: S.S. Frightanic Fear in First Class
  • 2000: Fearhouse
  • 2002: Islands of Fear
  • 2002: Fear Factor
  • 2003: Funhouse of Fear
  • 2008: Reflections of Fear
  • 2010: Fear as an icon
  • 2015: RUN: Blood Sweat and Fears

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess (HOPE) this is referring to an original that everyone has been screaming for:

An S.S. Frightanic House!!!

As for the "Both times seen, it was linked to Fear", we have:

• S.S. Frightanic: FEAR in First Class house in 1998
  • S.S. Frightanic room from 2010, which had FEAR as the icon

In 1998, there were technically two Frightanic houses but they were part of a dual-run house, so one could arguably still refer to Frightanic as being "Both" times seen - once (technically twice?) in 1998 and once in 2010.

I feel super confident on this one.  That clue was written for this.  And because it would be so cool to see them do this with a big budget.

If I'm right this would be my #1 thing to look forward to for 2018.

Technically Treaks & Foons could be equally as correct given this clue, as "Fear" could apply to it as well.  However, I've never seen Ifrit give a scarezone clue this early, and I cannot imagine ANY excitement by anyone for a Treaks & Foons house.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess (HOPE) this is referring to an original that everyone has been screaming for:

An S.S. Frightanic House!!!

This would make my whole summer lol another house I'd give anything to have been able to see the first time around!!!

Not sure about whether or not the rest of the clues tie in in any way but first thing that comes to mind when I hear detective is unsolved murders Ripper, Dahlia, etc... memory eludes me on what I've read about past events so if detective is tied to something we've already seen in some way I'm not sure if this would rule that kinda house out but either one would be a cool theme to try! Victorian era white chapel with the Ripper could be an awesome original if done right! Of coarse that's probably more wishful thinking since that's a dream original for me to see them do:lol: plus I'm pretty sure I'm mixing the clues:wacko::lol:

Edited by ToxicodendronHEDERA92
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ToxicodendronHEDERA92 said:

This would make my whole summer lol another house I'd give anything to have been able to see the first time around!!!

I started going in 2004 so I missed Ship of Screams in 2003 and obviously Frightanic.  Even though Dark Waters was probably better than any past nautical based house, I would have still loved to have gone through these.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

I would shocked, SHOCKED if Halloween isn't a given this year.

Hey now

2 hours ago, ToxicodendronHEDERA92 said:

Not sure about whether or not the rest of the clues tie in in any way but first thing that comes to mind when I hear detective is unsolved murders Ripper, Dahlia, etc... memory eludes me on what I've read about past events so if detective is tied to something we've already seen in some way I'm not sure if this would rule that kinda house out but either one would be a cool theme to try! Victorian era white chapel with the Ripper could be an awesome original if done right! 

I agree, that would be very cool to see but what your described is essentially Body Collectors: Collections of thr past minus the Collectors

http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/Body_Collectors:_Collections_of_the_Past

• Haha 2