Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

24 minutes ago, zombieman said:

I was not a fan of Dead Exposure at all.  I feel like I completely missed what everyone else get out of it.  Same thing with Catacombs.

However, IF Detective was in fact related to Irfit's clue (a Q of mine no one answered), then Dead Exposure does certainly fit the bill.

I would still take SS Frightanic any day of the week, though.

Which would you prefer seeing: Frightanic or Dead Exposure?

I do not recall Knott's using that scare at all.  At least it was not timed properly any time we went through.  It's a terrific idea but doesn't lend itself to a conga line.

Oh, I would be on board for Frightanic because I've read so much about it, but I never experienced it.  Living in Chicago, I never knew HHN even existed until 2004 when my son happened to catch The Art of the Scare on tv and was screaming for me to come in the room to see it.  We started attending the first chance we got in 2005.  I haven't missed  a year since, but obv, I missed a lot.  One of my biggest complaints still is that Universal doesn't do more to advertise this wider across the country.  I always thought they could include the commercial (or a specialized teaser) during the trailers for any of their movies. That would be a start.  I've never seen an HHN commercial aired in Chicago.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Oh, I would be on board for Frightanic because I've read so much about it, but I never experienced it.  Living in Chicago, I never knew HHN even existed until 2004 when my son happened to catch The Art of the Scare on tv and was screaming for me to come in the room to see it.  We started attending the first chance we got in 2005.  I haven't missed  a year since, but obv, I missed a lot.  One of my biggest complaints still is that Universal doesn't do more to advertise this wider across the country.  I always thought they could include the commercial (or a specialized teaser) during the trailers for any of their movies. That would be a start.  I've never seen an HHN commercial aired in Chicago.

After COMCAST bought Uni I started seeing commercials down here. Maybe one commercial viewing every other year since 2012. So not many.

FYI - I'm a couple hour south of Hunnylvr

12 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I've never seen an HHN commercial aired in Chicago.

Not necessarily Chicago I'm out in New England so I'm not sure about there but either spike tv or the sci fi Chanel had the host of their Halloween movie events film in HHN, it was the first week of the event and they actually mentioned where they were and interviewed guests for the tv spots.  We were watching her film for a while over in the simpsons area.  We thought she was a local news reporter or something then when we got home I saw her on tv and freaked out :lol: they really should advertise more tho I went to universal every year during the summer and in all the years I've been going it took me looking for something new to do for a vacation plan for me to find out about it!

Edited by ToxicodendronHEDERA92
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Having read the maze synopsis this sounds incredibly similar to my basic idea for an original. No idea how’d they make it work, but you’re in groups of 4-6 in a pitch black maze, given a Polaroid camera with a flash. You have to use the flash of the camera to navigate the maze, and things constantly move but you only catch glimpses from the flash photography. Can only take a pic every 3-5 seconds and use that to orientate yourself. So kinda like the weeping angels in doctor who, but you control the timing of the flashes. Like I said no idea practically how’d that work, but would be pretty interesting. 

If they wanted to give the crowds cameras, but control how often the camera flash works, you just give them old film cameras with external flashes. I don't think they want to give the crowds potential weapons, though. 

DE was timed to a camera flash. An old camera flash. Besides a general low hum in the house, you had this:

Then you'd have something like these two combined when the "flash" went off:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

If they wanted to give the crowds cameras, but control how often the camera flash works, you just give them old film cameras with external flashes. I don't think they want to give the crowds potential weapons, though. 

DE was timed to a camera flash. An old camera flash. Besides a general low hum in the house, you had this:

That’s exactly what I had in mind. Seeing things at a brief glance coming towards you, yet having to wait for the camera to reload to figure out where you need to go to get out safely. Would be quite tense!

but yes, point taken on cameras as weapons. I’m not usually one for thinking up new (ish) ideas for originals but this has been on my mind for a while now, even before I knew it had pretty much been done before!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Yeah, DE was a really cool concept, but for whatever reason it just didn't work on me.

Re Uni commercials - I've seen a few Wizarding World ones on tv here, but that's if I'm watching some cable channel.  I have still never seen an HHN related spot in this area.  They are missing a huge opportunity, I think, by not advertising the event more outside of Florida.

• Like 2

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:17 PM, Jediwhit82 said:

Most millennials had the chance to see it since that actualy describes anyone all the way back to the 80s. But people like me from the currently not decided on name generation afterwords would love to see the caretaker.

and sorry if Norse mythology got people excited, it was just a random idea.

Sorry if this is too off topic, but the generation after the Millennials is called Generation Z and I too am in it. The more you know. Carry on.

Edited by Ozian16
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ozian16 said:

Sorry if this is too off topic, but the generation after the Millennials is called Generation Z and I too am in it. The more you know. Carry on.

I much prefer the name Gen Y than Millennial, the latter term has been used so goddamn much that it’s basically meaningless. Seriously, I cringe every time someone uses that stupid term. /rant

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

That’s exactly what I had in mind. Seeing things at a brief glance coming towards you, yet having to wait for the camera to reload to figure out where you need to go to get out safely. Would be quite tense!

but yes, point taken on cameras as weapons. I’m not usually one for thinking up new (ish) ideas for originals but this has been on my mind for a while now, even before I knew it had pretty much been done before!

It was quite intense. I sacrificed my sister to the zombies and ran out of the house in the finale. (She's never let me forget it it either). I'm not an easy scare, but the house hit on all points for me. 

I wish they could go back to the days of props handed to the crowds. Unfortunately, certain occurrences at the event have shown that the crowds can't be trusted. 

9 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Yeah, DE was a really cool concept, but for whatever reason it just didn't work on me.

I've been there. Everyone is different when it comes to houses that trigger their true fears. DE did that for me. Other houses that everyone raved about were blasé for me. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I wish they could go back to the days of props handed to the crowds. Unfortunately, certain occurrences at the event have shown that the crowds can't be trusted.

Do you know of any other currently operating haunts that do guest-handled props as well as DE? I would be interested in visiting one.

5 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Do you know of any other currently operating haunts that do guest-handled props as well as DE? I would be interested in visiting one.

DE didn't handout props. Terror Mines and PUTS 06' did, though. DE just had the sound effects for the camera. I was battling a migraine yesterday. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. DE's effectiveness was all it's elements put together. The sound effects being the ones I remember the best. 

I'm not sure of other haunts. Another member who can travel more may be able to answer that question. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

It was quite intense. I sacrificed my sister to the zombies and ran out of the house in the finale. (She's never let me forget it it either). I'm not an easy scare, but the house hit on all points for me. 

I've been there. Everyone is different when it comes to houses that trigger their true fears. DE did that for me. Other houses that everyone raved about were blasé for me. 

See, a plane house like I mentioned above would target mine, though I’m not sure whether they would touch that with a ten-foot pole.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

1 minute ago, fvcking cvnt said:

I think they could do it with good taste, just no mention of the plane crashing into buildings for sure.

Yeah. Considering Supernatural in its first season did a haunted flight episode (this was just four years after 9/11 mind you), I would think it would be acceptable. Of course, they’ve tackled angels vs demons and no one complained...can’t say the same for HHN.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ToxicodendronHEDERA92 said:

Have we actually heard anything to indicate an upcoming announcement tho or are we assuming based on it being Thursday?  just wondering if I missed something

@Legacy on another board (inside universal forums) said there's going to be an announcement this week that's freak out worthy.

Allegedly that announcement should be today and it should be for the original, Zero

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Midnight Detective said:

@Legacy on another board (inside universal forums) said there's going to be an announcement this week that's freak out worthy.

Allegedly that announcement should be today and it should be for the original, Zero

I've also heard that there is an imminent announce coming. Although, it will probably be tomorrow, not today.

As for freaking out. I've heard conflicting information on that point. But, either way, at least it's an announcement.

• Like 3

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic