Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

What sticks out to me is that this is the first zombie house they've done in years that isn't The Walking Dead. It feels like just yesterday when they had every Orlando scarezone be Walking Dead-themed. My, how the mighty have fallen.

And for some reason, the idea of a "Paris overrun by zombies" house reminds me of Killing Floor 2.

Edited by KevinR1990
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, KevinR1990 said:

What sticks out to me is that this is the first zombie house they've done in years that isn't The Walking Dead. It feels like just yesterday when they had every Orlando scarezone be Walking Dead-themed. My, how the mighty have fallen.

And for some reason, the idea of a "Paris overrun by zombies" house reminds me of Killing Floor 2.

As I mentioned in a diff thread I feel like this is an apology from A&D for TWD.  And to me it feels like yesterday, yes.  AND the day before yesterday. AND the day before that. AND...

The first movie-ish tie in that came to mind for me was "As Above, So Below".  Which no one saw.  But would at least involve the catacombs of Paris.  And it would involve helmet lights.  But I think the house would cost more than the movie grossed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is anyone worried they're going to dumb the house down to where you're no longer "blind?" I just feel like the GP will complain about not being able to see or that the lines will get so backed up because for some reason people like to go through a house slower when it's scarier.

Other than that, I'm super pumped to see A&D's version of Paris, considering they ROCKED the bayou last year.

Side note: I'm pretty sure we're going to get to walk through the Metro de Paris, based on the signage in the teaser. And the fact that it's the best "hiding spot" to get away from the outbreak.

Edited by Ringwraith
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, zombieman said:

As I mentioned in a diff thread I feel like this is an apology from A&D for TWD.  And to me it feels like yesterday, yes.  AND the day before yesterday. AND the day before that. AND...

The first movie-ish tie in that came to mind for me was "As Above, So Below".  Which no one saw.  But would at least involve the catacombs of Paris.  And it would involve helmet lights.  But I think the house would cost more than the movie grossed...

i honestly thought of 28 weeks later, specifically the very ending of it, but good catch on as above so below. i never finished it but in my defense i get nauseous watching found footage films so i had to turn it off

21 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Is anyone worried they're going to dumb the house down to where you're no longer "blind?" I just feel like the GP will complain about not being able to see or that the lines will get so backed up because for some reason people like to go through a house slower when it's scarier.

Other than that, I'm super pumped to see A&D's version of Paris, considering they ROCKED the bayou last year.

Well, the biggest problem (for me) with DE was that darkness + objects painted with white fluorescent paint = zero detail.  So one the on hand they are promising the beauty of Paris and yet utter darkness.  And since there has to be flashes of light, what's the point of adding detail when no one will have a chance to see it.  This is the conundrum...  I mean, they could have just as easily set this in Carey, OH. They chose Paris for a reason, and saying we are in Paris with no detailed sets is pointless.  We also aren't sure if we are going to be in the streets of Paris, overrun with zombies or in the catacombs, or both.  They COULD do a cop out like they did in DE and have the first room be a highly detailed non-darkness entrance into the catacombs and the exit be a highly detailed non-darkness scene outdoors.  I'm painting that as a negative, but a whole lotta people loved that.

And I for one am totally convinced of the overarching 80's theme to the event, because there is no reason to arbitrarily set this house in 1983.

7 minutes ago, terracruentus said:

i honestly thought of 28 weeks later, specifically the very ending of it, but good catch on as above so below. i never finished it but in my defense i get nauseous watching found footage films so i had to turn it off

Spoiler alert.  Almost everyone dies except for one person.  Super great twist, as we've NEVER seen that in a horror movie before. :mellow:

34 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

???

HR Bloodengutz Presents: Universal's Classic Monster Mayhem!

Of course, if they already have TrT, which is probable and one I'd really love to see, and with ST being more family targeted, I don't think they'd want to do too many non-scary houses.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Oh hell yeah!  Maybe not the Universal Monsters though.  But it would be cool to see HRB hosting the best of the HHN original comedic houses of the past:

• Leave it to Cleaver
  • Zombiegeddon
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Creatures
  • Giggles and Gore
  • Arguably Nuked Las Vegas

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Oh hell yeah!  Maybe not the Universal Monsters though.  But it would be cool to see HRB hosting the best of the HHN original comedic houses of the past:

• Leave it to Cleaver
  • Zombiegeddon
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Creatures
  • Giggles and Gore
  • Arguably Nuked Las Vegas

I've posted my idea before, but basically:

After being sent to Hellgate Prison for the horrific murder of his producer, everyone's favorite horror host has led an inmate uprising, taking the guards hostage as he broadcasts a classic monster special!

He would torture the guards in ways relating to classic monsters: bleed to death for Dracula, electric chair for Frankenstein, mummification for...well...The Mummy, etc.

I could get behind your idea, too.

Of course, I think TOO many light-hearted houses and zones can be...well...too many. We have ST and likely TrT, maybe a Vamp '55 sequel.

• Like 2

I agree three light hearted is too many. Dead Exposure will not have that problem though. I think it’s going to be a fantastic house, in terms of movies 28 days later was what I thought of, especially the shot of the monkey. i hope we get that nice distorted alarm sound from the trailer at the entrance of the house.

• Like 3

I got the DE news in Universal today and it sounds amazing. I’m not sure if it’ll be something I can do (my eyes don’t adjust to darkness well at all) but if not I’ll look forward to reading about it in everyone’s reviews! I’m so glad it’s set in the 80’s too-if this ends up being an 80’s theme I think it’s really gonna be incredible! 

34 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

I think rag-tag could be Nightmare on Elm Street 3. That is my favorite Nightmare film, so I hope it is true! 

I actually thought for a minute Dynamite could have been ANoES simply cause dynamite=explosion=fire=Freddy but I’m sure I’m wrong.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

So, does this rule Romero house out? I don't see them doing two zombie houses. 

Then clearly you didn't attend the event in 2013.... :unsure: We had zombies in EVERY house in some way shape or form except for HAVOC 2.0.... and lets not forget the entire scarezone line-up was strictly TWD... 

But 2 zombie houses... oh its possible. 2013 had TWD and Resident Evil.. 

• Like 3

Kinda obligated to bring this over...

Let me try to share some information to feed speculation without giving away the goat.

- I've heard about a new house location this year.

- Including Dead Exposure, I've heard details on five potential originals. One is extremely likely (95%). One is very likely (85%). I have no reason to doubt the other two yet.

- I can see one of the potential originals MAYBE actually being an IP.

- I'm confident (90%) on two unannounced IPs.

- I'm 75% confident on one other IP.

- There are 2 IPs I'm 50/50 on.

- Everything else, including some expected favorites, I'd chalk as longshots.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Let me try to share some information to feed speculation without giving away the goat.

- Including Dead Exposure, I've heard details on five potential originals. One is extremely likely (95%). One is very likely (85%). I have no reason to doubt the other two yet.

Hmmmmm, curiouser and curiouser. 

Edit: I'm trying to math that, btw. It's not working in my favor right now. I'm up to like 12 houses. I shouldn't try to spec and riddle solve after working. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Legacy said:

The return of Dr Cut n'Paste (from me on IU)

Man, it really sounds like a 10th house is possible and going from 2 originals to 5 possible originals is crazy in a good way.
The two 90% IPs must be AHS and TrT
75% I'm going with a NoES, hopefully 3
50% Halloween
50%I have no idea. I'll just say Lost Boys because I like it better than Poltergeist.

Romero scare zone?

As for originals, I haven't a clue and can't wait to discover more.

Your use of "goat" makes me think of The Witch

Also, feed, goat... snacks... I really want a Jurassic World maze.

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Then clearly you didn't attend the event in 2013.... :unsure: We had zombies in EVERY house in some way shape or form except for HAVOC 2.0.... and lets not forget the entire scarezone line-up was strictly TWD... 

But 2 zombie houses... oh its possible. 2013 had TWD and Resident Evil.. 

Too be fair universal will always try to find a way to cram zombies into a house or scare zone 

Edited by sammers8888
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, terracruentus said:

i never finished it but in my defense i get nauseous watching found footage films so i had to turn it off

youre not alone! I have a long list of movies that made me throw up!

15 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10534296

Im with you on this 100000000000000%.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Legacy said:

I, too, read this and thought - so, more than 9 houses??  I mean, to have 5 originals (already doing the Snoopy happy dance with that thought), you'd think they'd have to balance it with 5 IP houses.  Not that I'm saying that HAVE to.. I don't really care.  i'd take 7 originals and 2 IPs.  

One of the two unannounced IPs HAS to be Halloween.  No one will convince me this is not happening.. not with a 40th anniversary of a classic movie with a new one set to hit in October.  No way.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, CoopF22 said:

Hey, does Ringwraith liking your post mean you're onto something?? Or does it mean he just likes your thought? Sorry, still new here. 

Depends.

Also, side note. The MIB tent is reportedly gone and they're making way for a more solid structure. House location or not, I'm all for sturdier buildings. I've also heard tent house construction has begun.

Edited by Ringwraith
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Also, side note. The MIB tent is reportedly gone and they're making way for a more solid structure. House location or not, I'm all for sturdier buildings. I've also heard tent house construction has begun.

Extra confirmation of this: I peeked when we were getting into line at MiB yesterday and nothing was there. However I don’t know the logistics of the tents, and whether or not they go up and down every year for the event. 

• Like 2