Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

1 hour ago, TheRobcat said:

We knew about IT, too bad about Lost Boys and what the hell does The Thing bit mean? 

I WANT it to be The Thing getting a megahouse, but wouldn't that be for ST if there even is one this year?

there's a problem with a thing megahouse, there's 5 things in the whole film. what are gonna be the other scenes?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

You missed StrTh. That was clue 2. 

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

The clues, with Ifrit's comments (and mine in parentheses)

clue one - IT - We must forget

clue two - Stranger Things (already announced)

clue three -  Trick r Treat - Not mentioned in Ifrit's tweet (presumed next announcement)

clue four - The Lost Boys - Will have to go away

clue five - The Thing - Growing and changing

Thanks all. Was on my lunch break and it’s been one of those days. Roll on Friday!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

there's a problem with a thing megahouse, there's 5 things in the whole film. what are gonna be the other scenes?

The prequel.

Also thinking maybe it was going to be in a tent and was moved to a SS, or maybe it was half an SS and now will be an entire one? They could do some cool, big effects and also use things (heh) they already have. 

Edited by TheRobcat

4 minutes ago, zombieman said:

I need a mega event, please.  Both parks.  16 houses, 10 scarezones, 2 icons, 4 shows. 

Is that too much to ask?

Triple the Icons and throw in Stephen King signing autographs and I don't see why not. 

And just wait until the new park opens. Terror Tram through Florida traffic!

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

could see ST being a mega-house:
-Mirkwood (Will's bike)

-Hawkins Lab (portal to Upside Down/opening scene elevator scientist)

-Hawkins Lab (El being experimented on)

-Byers house: Jonathan's room (Should I Stay or Should I Go)

-Byers house: living room (Christmas lights R-U-N)

-Herrington pool Upside Down

-Mirkwood (Nancy dragged through tree)

-Castle Byers Upside Down

-Corpse filled Upside Down

-Byers house: Demogorgon vs. Nancy and Jonathan ("flame" effects)

-Hawkins Middle hallway (Demogorgon "bursts" wall via strobes and boo door, similar to Mummy)

-Hawkins Middle classroom finale

-Maybe Byers house bathroom as a post-finale scene (changing to Upside Down)?

(If this belongs in the ST thread, move it there. I was just demonstrating that it could fit the mold of larger than normal house.)

idk... sounds like a normal SS house to me.

3 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

idk... sounds like a normal SS house to me.

Maybe, but having skipped both AHS houses, I've heard that megahouses traditionally have ~15 scenes. Normal houses have 10 scenes (minus DW). Assuming Mirkwood counts as the facade (and therefore "scene 0"), that means 12 scenes--though it could be easily knocked down to 11 without that final bathroom scene.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

Now that I’m thinking a bit more clearly, the ifrit tweet about The Thing “growing and changing” is reminding me of something someone said a while ago (can’t remember who it was and can’t find the post sorry!).

There was a comment along the lines of one of the originals could potentially be considered an IP. What if the growing and changing is linking into this, so we’d get an original take on The Thing?

In my mind this could be really easy to make work. Simply take the basic premise of the films (alien parasite, no idea who is infected, lots of monsters etc.), but place it in a different setting. Most people would know the film, but doing this would make the scares much less expected and predictable. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, zombieman said:

Legacy,

What's your thoughts on Ifrit's tweet?

Does this mesh with your knowledge?

Depends. I've been talking about IT's diminishing likelihood for weeks. Lost Boys was a decent idea that always felt like a longshot. And yeah, I had heard the Thing wasn't happening a few weeks ago. (In fact, it was one of the three).

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

Depends. I've been talking about IT's diminishing likelihood for weeks. Lost Boys was a decent idea that always felt like a longshot. And yeah, I had heard the Thing wasn't happening a few weeks ago. (In fact, it was one of the three).

There is still this "secret house" that everyone is hush hush about. Could be It...could also NOT be It.

• Like 3

If the Icon thing wasn't a joke, I hope they are going fully with a character or concept and we don't end up with Bone's less interesting little brother Skin who just kinda looks like some regular guy and his back story is: the bus brought him there. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

If the Icon thing wasn't a joke, I hope they are going fully with a character or concept and we don't end up with Bone's less interesting little brother Skin who just kinda looks like some regular guy and his back story is: the bus brought him there. 

Any pics of Blood?

Edited by fvcking cvnt

Skin was the one no one talked about because he wasn't evil. He just wanted to be a dentist. 

Seriously though, the only reason I even know Bone's name is by reading off-site news pages/podcasts. They can do better. I've seen it! 

At first I thought the dancers  in his scare zone were saying "I dance for bones" and I was like "you can't have any, they hold my organs in place".

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 1