Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

3 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

I fixed it a little...?

You did!

Way back in 2011, we had "our mutual friend" sending couplets as hints. There ended up being a big discussion regarding poetry and poems and whether or not the use of poetry was a hint toward a Poe house. 

While it was mostly likely the most common (and simplest) form of riddle being used, I couldn't help it and critiqued the rhymes and  rhymes of other users. 

I created a poem to explain the importance of meter and cadence in poetry. 

This was just an "in" for me to discuss poetry again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

No word today on any dig,

So I'll clue you in on a big,

They've tested out in a zone,

And even given it a home,

The sequel game is not quite over,

It's just begun with Dead Exposure

8 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

It had a home

Just not its own. 

OOH, I'm thinking something from an All Nite Die-in, Silver Screams, HoB, or even the AvP compilation house, that hasn't had a solo house at orlando yet.

Scream

The Ring

Hellraiser

The Silence of the Lambs

Phantom of the Opera

My Bloody Valentine

The Thing (original)

Army of Darkness

Shaun of the Dead

The Strangers

Alien

Predator

Sinister

Alright let's thin these down to movies with sequels I could see them doing before the original

Army of Darkness (Evil Dead 2 is a classic)

The Strangers (Prey at Night was recently released)

Alien (Aliens is a classic)

Aaaaaand lets now narrow it down to movies that have been in zones

The Strangers (All-Nite Die-in: Take 2)

Not 100% familiar with all of these properties, and not the biggest HHN historian so go ahead and correct me if any of these are wrong.

Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

how would that not be in its own home.

Idk just thinking out loud, shrek was still running (not during the event)  like it shared the venue. “Just not its own”, could also mean shared 

Edited by ChildOfHorror
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

OOH, I'm thinking something from an All Nite Die-in, Silver Screams, HoB, or even the AvP compilation house, that hasn't had a solo house at orlando yet.

Scream

The Ring

Hellraiser

The Silence of the Lambs

Phantom of the Opera

My Bloody Valentine

The Thing (original)

Army of Darkness

Shaun of the Dead

The Strangers

Alien

Predator

Sinister

Alright let's thin these down to movies with sequels I could see them doing before the original

Army of Darkness (Evil Dead 2 is a classic)

The Strangers (Prey at Night was recently released)

Alien (Aliens is a classic)

Aaaaaand lets now narrow it down to movies that have been in zones

The Strangers (All-Nite Die-in: Take 2)

Not 100% familiar with all of these properties, and not the biggest HHN historian so go ahead and correct me if any of these are wrong.

Were any of these in a scarezone? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChildOfHorror said:

Idk just thinking out loud, shrek was still running (not during the event)  like it shared the venue. “Just not its own”, could also mean shared 

ummm... the only HHN-only structures are the tents, and I even think they use those for storage? So that logic would include the majority of houses, lol.

21 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

I really hope the clues provided don't lead to Treaks and Foons. Maybe I'm crazy, but that doesn't appeal to me. If I'm wrong about the concept, please someone talk me into Treaks and Foons. 

The only thing I see not working with TnF is that @Ringwraith says:

"They've tested out in a zone"

emphasis on a zone. One. TnF has had at least two, if you count multiple years of the same zone and/or it being included in 2007 as part of the Midway of the Bizarre. Everything else seems to fit, though.

Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 2

So home.... could refer to as something with an icon. Like with The Director who’s had a house with All-Nite-Die-In back in ‘03 and ‘06. Had a scare zone in 2015. 

Or maybe horror comes home in 2018, perhaps? Like maybe like Sweet 16’s event.

or this could something out of the ordinary we would least expect. 

33 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Would prefer it not be The Strangers. They appeared in Silver Screams and in ANDI: DF. We have two "suburban home invasion" properties already (Cult and Halloween).

The Strangers won’t come to hhn. The sequel was pretty much forgotten about, and it was just a shiny IP to use in an house and scarezone. But they still had the costumes.

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Would prefer it not be The Strangers. They appeared in Silver Screams and in ANDI: DF. We have two "suburban home invasion" properties already (Cult and Halloween).

Yeah, Strangers is like....ehhhh....just saying it matches up with the poetry.

Also, don't be so sure about what we do and don't have, anything can happen :freddy:

• Like 1

The way I read these poems, makes me really feel like TrT because it was a well received  zone last year!

I understand it has technically not been a house,  but was not the Hallow an Ode to it?

So therefore why we have @mystiquephreeq lines, of "had a home, but not its own"?? 

Seems to fit the bill big time!! And I think @Ringwraith with his "big" rhyme means it about an IP property for sure!

But just my 2 cents for what its worth, which is all of 2 cents cause I have no inside info...lol :playdead:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WannabeIcon said:

The way I read these poems, makes me really feel like TrT because it was a well received  zone last year!

I understand it has technically not been a house,  but was not the Hallow an Ode to it?

So therefore why we have @mystiquephreeq lines, of "had a home, but not its own"?? 

Seems to fit the bill big time!! And I think @Ringwraith with his "big" rhyme means it about an IP property for sure!

But just my 2 cents for what its worth, which is all of 2 cents cause I have no inside info...lol :playdead:

Not sure about the Hallow but how would a TrT house be a sequel? @Ringwraith talked about this being a sequel of some sorts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WannabeIcon said:

The Hallow was loosely based on Ray Bradbury's The Halloween Tree. 

The Skoolhouse in 08 was the homage to TrT. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

The Hallow was loosely based on Ray Bradbury's The Halloween Tree. 

The Skoolhouse in 08 was the homage to TrT. 

Thanks for the history correction!!

I only started going to HHN with 22 as my entry (missed so much greatness :() , I had lurked for a while...being a die-hard horror fan and all, but it wasn't feasible to go to Uni so often as it is now since I work for an airline.

So happy to be over 5 years running now, and 2 many more!!!

• Like 3