Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

Army of Darkness has been mentioned a few times and has a scene very similar to the clue 4 gif. If Stranger Things cost as much as I assume it did, this would be a great way to make a cool house and save on some of the costuming budget. I know they've done back-to-back tv series years, but I'm not sure if they'd do two Ash years in a row. I do know how much I would have preferred an Army of Darkness house in an exit survey last year. I doubt it's right, but it would make me happy. But I love the genre, so a lot of things would make me happy. 

10 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Army of Darkness has been mentioned a few times and has a scene very similar to the clue 4 gif. If Stranger Things cost as much as I assume it did, this would be a great way to make a cool house and save on some of the costuming budget. I know they've done back-to-back tv series years, but I'm not sure if they'd do two Ash years in a row. I do know how much I would have preferred an Army of Darkness house in an exit survey last year. I doubt it's right, but it would make me happy. But I love the genre, so a lot of things would make me happy. 

This would 10000000% make up for the cocktease The Thing was. I love me some Evil Dead.

but this time let's get Ashs that look the age they're supposed to, ok? Last year they looked ED2 age when he was supposed to be more than twice that age, kinda took me out of it.

also an S-Mart final scene is NECESSARY

25 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

Could we get a permanent UCM maze in T2, that would be something...would go perfectly with Horror and Makeup right down the block!

I would enjoy some kind of permanent maze in theory, but I feel it might pale in comparison to the yearly fresh houses we get at HHN. not 100% sure on how I feel about it yet.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

I would enjoy some kind of permanent maze in theory, but I feel it might pale in comparison to the yearly fresh houses we get at HHN. not 100% sure on how I feel about it yet.

I hear the way WD in Hollywood works is it gets pumped full of actors during HHN times, and during the rest of the season it runs on more of a skeleton crew?

I'm sure someone has more knowledge on this than me, as I haven't been to UNI HOLLYWOOD???

29 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

I hear the way WD in Hollywood works is it gets pumped full of actors during HHN times, and during the rest of the season it runs on more of a skeleton crew?

I'm sure someone has more knowledge on this than me, as I haven't been to UNI HOLLYWOOD???

This is what Universal claims, but I ultimately have never seen a difference in actor numbers.

Since a fix has finally occurred:

The permit issue i spoke of before was:

A duplicate set of permits appeared for the 5 permits we have. Each had a new permit number, and I've been watching them daily to determine if they were true duplicates made in errror or if the error was a location error. 

They were duplicates. They have been closed. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Since a fixed as finally occurred:

The permit issue i spoke of before was:

A duplicate set of permits appeared for the 5 permits we have. Each had a new permit number, and I've been watching them daily to determine if they were true duplicates made in errror or if the error was a location error. 

They were duplicates. They have been closed. 

This year, man..

we looking at an announcement Thursday?

Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 1

I really don't want to keep thinking Evil Dead/Army of Darkness stuff for clue 4, but the dog's name in the remake was Grandpa. Didn't get saved though. 

I'd enjoy it too much to keep hoping for it to be true. I should file it away with Lost Boys, Fright Night, Aliens and The Thing. 

One interesting thing on Mike Aiello's Twitter is his posting of a Freddy gif in response to Fangoria magazine tweeting "You are the man, Michael!" Probably nothing, but interesting. The new editor of Fangoria was saying they are planning on getting into the film-making game as well, so who knows...

Also, a more recent tweet is about his son's love of Stephen King and he shared it with King as well. Hmm. Seems like you'd want to avoid that if there was bad blood. 

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

I really don't want to keep thinking Evil Dead/Army of Darkness stuff for clue 4, but the dog's name in the remake was Grandpa. Didn't get saved though. 

I'd enjoy it too much to keep hoping for it to be true. I should file it away with Lost Boys, Fright Night, Aliens and The Thing.

Solid connection, you've made, but I assume it's just a coincidence. A clue for AoD wouldn't relate to ED2013 (unless @Legacy knows nothing about Evil Dead as a franchise), and it's not like they'd do ED2013 this year, they did it IN 2013!

Also that last line makes me so sad yet so excited for that "super secret" house.

• Like 1

It seems like Universal learned a lot from last year. First they totally fooled peopled with fake house concepts so nobody is 100% sure what we are really getting. Now we seem to be getting announcements every few weeks. I can't remember a time when a non-icon, original concept house ever had its own announcement with an announcement video and logo. Normally all originals are bundled together a month or so before opening night and we just get a logo and brief description of the house.  The people on the creative teams seem very excited about this year. Overall it just seems like this year they are going all out to make up for the disappointment that was last year. I think the budget was much smaller last year with the new Christmas stuff they were doing and this year they got all their money back and hopefully more!

Also, I have to wonder if we will be getting another new show this year. The new fountain show and viewing area will be finished before HHN starts. I wonder if we will be getting a horror themed water show that will run throughout the night? Even if we don't get a full blown show, it would be cool if they randomly played an iconic horror song with the fountains going off. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Badge said:

Also, I have to wonder if we will be getting another new show this year. The new fountain show and viewing area will be finished before HHN starts. I wonder if we will be getting a horror themed water show that will run throughout the night? Even if we don't get a full blown show, it would be cool if they randomly played an iconic horror song with the fountains going off.

This would be an epic return! http://www.hhnyearbook.com/2014/07/hhn-16-sweet-16-directors-cut-movie-balls/

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Badge said:

The people on the creative teams seem very excited about this year. Overall it just seems like this year they are going all out to make up for the disappointment that was last year. I think the budget was much smaller last year with the new Christmas stuff they were doing and this year they got all their money back and hopefully more!

At least the budget cuts really only seemed to affect marketing and maybe the zones, houses last year were great.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 8:41 AM, WannabeIcon said:

Walking through TWD in my mind, Hollywood has about 11-12 active scareactors during the year.  During HHN they add about 5 more.  The house is designed such that just about any actor can move between two scare spots, so it can seem like there are more actors than there actually is. I could be off by a couple but I've been through that thing dozens of times.  What is annoying about TWD in Hollywood is that they open about 90 minutes after the park opens and closes up to two hours before the park closes.  It's a people eater though, and rarely has more than a 15 min wait even on peak days.  Typical wait is 5 min on any given day.

11 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

At least the budget cuts really only seemed to affect marketing and maybe the zones, houses last year were great.

The simple act of announcing an original this early gets me hyped.  It's the polar opposite of how I felt with last year's marketing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Getting back to the topic of Thursday's announcement, if it is TrT, I wonder if it'll have a subtitle? I was thinking "Rules of SAM-hain."

I was going to reply that I didn't think TrT needed a subtitle, but given how important the rules of Halloween are to understanding the movie, it may very well need one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

You and I really do think alike.  I was just talking about this over the weekend and wishing they would bring it back.  Swear to god.  LOL  Anyway, yes please.  Anything we can watch while we take a break and have a pink donut is good by me.

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Getting back to the topic of Thursday's announcement, if it is TrT, I wonder if it'll have a subtitle? I was thinking "Rules of SAM-hain."

I know we're all expecting it to just be a house based off of the original movie; but, I think there's a good chance it could be a "Sam presents" type of house with some other scenes included.