Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

20 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

So could this be Clue 5? I actually watched the episode and it all sorta sounds like someone creating their own world to escape reality? And then there were the theories of Beth being a clone, maybe it’s someone making clones that snap (it’s funny that Blade Runner was actually mentioned in that episode). Or maybe something to do with missing kids that end up in a twisted type of theme park that ends up all being imaginary?? 

What makes you think clue 5 is a theme park?

18 minutes ago, Legacy said:

What makes you think clue 5 is a theme park?

Froopy Land just kinda looks like one to me.

I realized they were talking about Clue 3, so I was gonna edit to apologize and then I also started thinking pink is a lighter shade of red which is the color of blood which is in the name Bloody Mary where they had a Scary Tales house which I’ve been thinking about...maybe Froopy Land is Oz.

Edit: @mystiquephreeq was talking about something that was in a house, but not it’s own (The Wizard of Oz was in Scary Tales) and a SZ (The Path of the Wicked, Scary Tales: Screampunk) so maybe it’s a version of The Wizard of Oz??

Edited by DraculaTeeth
  • Like 5

I really hope clue 3 is for a theme park gone wrong sort of house and I kind of hope it is more Itchy and Scratchy than Westworld. A bit more cartoonish. 

I was thinking clue 5 might be something like Saws N Steam, what with the automated blade, Rick's robot arm and the words in the third part, but those words may not matter, so I'm likely incorrect. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

“The original idea for the icon this year would have been ‘The Evil Queen’, the concept would have heavily geared the event towards mocking their mousy neighbour. There was even discussions of a house called ‘Unmagic Kingdoms’ where various familiar attractions had gone awry”

and there you have it!

That sounds frickin amazing!! I'd so be down for it!

2 hours ago, Legacy said:

“Jill” (who became Chance), the Master, Terra Queen (technically), Fate.

In 2010 they did a whole presentation on them.

Yes forgot Jack and Jill was the original thought, which morphed and later became Jack and Chance...who is "the master" is that something that later became puppet master in Singapore? 

Terra Queen in my head counts enough as an icon, but i see your technicality. Fate later became lady luck, so it was used sort of...I was just trying to look at unused things we know.

All are great though, I love going through the history!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DraculaTeeth said:

I realized they were talking about Clue 3, so I was gonna edit to apologize and then I also started thinking pink is a lighter shade of red which is the color of blood which is in the name Bloody Mary where they had a Scary Tales house which I’ve been thinking about...maybe Froopy Land is Oz.

Edit: @mystiquephreeq was talking about something that was in a house, but not it’s own (The Wizard of Oz was in Scary Tales) and a SZ (The Path of the Wicked, Scary Tales: Screampunk) so maybe it’s a version of The Wizard of Oz??

A version of OZ would be great!!

I think an HHN Maze would follow a darker tone like Emerald City, which was a show on NBC...unfortuantely it was cancelled (i liked it) so doubt a connection to it would even matter.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WannabeIcon said:

A version of OZ would be great!!

I think an HHN Maze would follow a darker tone like Emerald City, which was a show on NBC...unfortuantely it was cancelled (i liked it) so doubt a connection to it would even matter.  

I agree it’ll definitely be sinister, clearly I’m going down with this Blade Runner ship and guessing maybe the wizard is some kind of evil toymaker and the tin man, cowardly lion, scarecrow, et al were his creations that go ape when Dorothy gets there? Or maybe they’re Dorothy’s creations? I don’t know, but if it’s the correct answer then I’m excited to see where they take it! 

Also, I haven’t seen it since I was a child but I remember slightly that Return to Oz (I know it’s Disney) was a weird, creepy 80’s version of it I wonder if they’d style it similarly?? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Wasn't Mike Aiello's hint for Poison "splatter"? That doesn't make me stop thinking about saws N' Steam. And there are few poisons more insidious than effective propaganda. 

It was a scene name.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Wasn't Mike Aiello's hint for Poison "splatter"? That doesn't make me stop thinking about saws N' Steam. And there are few poisons more insidious than effective propaganda. 

The poppies that knock everyone out in Oz are poisonous, too.

And now, my beauties, something with poison in it, I think. With poison in it, but attractive to the eye, and soothing to the smell. Poppies...poppies. Poppies will put them to sleep.” 

• Like 2

Over on IU, with the hint-y help of Legacy, I have deciphered the 10th (!) code name- METEOR 

Coach

Dynamite

Feature

Fireball- ST

Meteor- NOT the secret house

Poison- 5th clue original

Ragtag

Snacks

Surprise NOT the secret house

Zero- Dead Exposure

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, DraculaTeeth said:

"Ultra Violent Comics: Emerald City"

• Like 3

14 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Over on IU, with the hint-y help of Legacy, I have deciphered the 10th (!) code name- METEOR 

Coach

Dynamite

Feature

Fireball- ST

Meteor- NOT the secret house

Poison- 5th clue original

Ragtag

Snacks

Surprise NOT the secret house

Zero- Dead Exposure

Countdown to Extinction? REMIXXXXX

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I'm guessing no announcement today?  That's disappointing as hell.. I was counting down the days

I think there will be, just in the next 30 mins or so (the same time as for dead exposure a few weeks ago). Otherwise that’s another afternoon wasted refreshing my phone browser haha

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I think there will be, just in the next 30 mins or so (the same time as for dead exposure a few weeks ago). Otherwise that’s another afternoon wasted refreshing my phone browser haha

What? Me? Yah, I'm working. See...I'm just hitting my F5 button over and over again. What do you mean that's not work?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, StupidStupidDan said:

What? Me? Yah, I'm working. See...I'm just hitting my F5 button over and over again. What do you mean that's not work?

I’m working from home today (got a cold) so not so bad haha. I’m any case I’m pretty good at multitasking :D

• Like 1