Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

Im doing this just to get some kind of idea what to expect because shit has really been changing in the last couple weeks. Imagine that you have a friend that is remotely new to HHN and they ask you based on the clues and codenames we got, what will make the cut? Create a lineup that includes Originals as well now that we are possibly getting hints for those. Thanks if you choose to participate. I just kinda want a lineup to work off of for a project im working on.

4 hours ago, zombieman said:

Technically Treaks & Foons could be equally as correct given this clue, as "Fear" could apply to it as well.  However, I've never seen Ifrit give a scarezone clue this early, and I cannot imagine ANY excitement by anyone for a Treaks & Foons house.

I would be excited *shrugs* looks like it was a fun zone.

• Like 2

Ok so here's a guess Zero = Dead Exposure. Either a sequel or requel.

The detective referred to by @mystiquephreeq and hinted at in @Legacy's clue IS Boris Shuster

Charlie McPherson was the victim/main character in Dead Exposure. 

"His death didn't go unnoticed as Private Investigator Boris Shuster began to investigate the photographer's disappearance." 

(http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/Boris_Shuster)

This was the only house in the Hallow'd Past linked to the Detective.

Perhaps Zero ties into Dead Exposure by being linked to Photo Negatives?

It also links to the Ifirit's clue -

Welcome now to the hallowed past

- Dead Exposure was in this house
Been awhile since we saw this last

- No explanation needed
Just one of many in that year

- There were multiple Reflections of Fear houses in the Hallow'd Past
Both times seen, it was linked to fear

- Bloody Mary used fear to cure her patients

- Fear was the Icon for the 20th Anniversary

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Midnight Detective said:

agree, that would be very cool to see but what your described is essentially Body Collectors: Collections of thr past minus the Collectors

Go figure another one I barely missed lol would still be cool to see them go a more From Hell route than Body Collectors tho body collectors seem to have such a wide unique history and imagery of their own there's tons they could do different likewise tho another body collectors house would always sound good to me too no matter when and where they place the storyline the Recollections house they did was one of my favorites!!...not that any of this seems to be likely for this year lol oh well a girl can hope for next time :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToxicodendronHEDERA92 said:

Go figure another one I barely missed lol would still be cool to see them go a more From Hell route than Body Collectors tho body collectors seem to have such a wide unique history and imagery of their own there's tons they could do different likewise tho another body collectors house would always sound good to me too no matter when and where they place the storyline the Recollections house they did was one of my favorites!!...not that any of this seems to be likely for this year lol oh well a girl can hope for next time :lol:

I would love if hell route made a comeback!

9 hours ago, Rikku said:

I think it would be a poor move to do an announcement this week or next for all the buzz of an announcement will be drowned by anything Avengers. I would think two weeks out would be an ok time to even think about announcing again. I know it is different genres but Avengers is such a mammoth that anything entertainment released same time frame is doomed to be crushed by the titan. 

It wouldn’t be the first time Universal (Comcast) have tried to upstage Disney (through Marvel). Remember volcano bay being rushed through to open the same day as pandora?

The only way I’d imagine Universal would want an announcement this week is if it’s a big announcement. Few people in the know seem to be suggesting this may be the case, which begs the question. What exactly is coming?

My guess would be either the rumoured Halloween mashup house with preview, maybe Alien, or IT. I’m still hoping for IT, but more likely to be Halloween. 

24 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

It wouldn’t be the first time Universal (Comcast) have tried to upstage Disney (through Marvel). Remember volcano bay being rushed through to open the same day as pandora?

The only way I’d imagine Universal would want an announcement this week is if it’s a big announcement. Few people in the know seem to be suggesting this may be the case, which begs the question. What exactly is coming?

My guess would be either the rumoured Halloween mashup house with preview, maybe Alien, or IT. I’m still hoping for IT, but more likely to be Halloween. 

Alien- no

IT- maybe but 2019. WB/NL will do a promotional tie-in. 

Halloween- likely

Universal making another announcement will be great soon! 

Also leaked maps may be coming soon in the next few months. So I’m exicted to see the leaked lineup. 

1 hour ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Just watched Scream for the first time, would make such a great fucking house. I'm happy it didn't come in 25, because there's still the chance of it coming in future years.

I would love it too! Who will own Dimension’s catalog after the Weinstein company going bankrupt? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

I feel like that's a different beast altogether tho could be wrong but it had been a running gag for a few years (even in the Bill and Ted shows)about how long it took Disney to complete pandora I'm sure the idea of starting later on construction finishing around the same time and competing successfully with Disney must have seemed really appealing to the higher ups...even if that proved...debatably successful:lol: on the other hand house announcements are much smaller on scale than a full theme park opening or even a movie that people know is coming opening in theatres, they are usually one and done too in that once they're announced that's about all there is to say until we've seen them come September and they usually don't come back year after year...USUALLY...(*cough cough*) I'm looking at you walking dead...(*cough cough*) and now you purge(*cough cough*)...but in all seriousness regardless of whether or not you prefer Marvel or DC or any others you can't argue the last handful of Marvel movies have blown up newsfeeds and headlines with success even their least successful dominate the media right after their release unless universal doesn't feel like they're competing with a movie release...more poor planing if you ask me...they really might not try anything till at least a week or two after when the steams been let out a little especially if it's a really big property they spent a lot of time and money acquiring.  Wouldn't be bad timing for the rest of the tickets like multinight ones to show up tho if you ask me, if those are up and available before the big announcements I feel like they'd have a better idea of what IPs genuinely bring in money, I feel like too many people know there are multinight tix and wait for those even first time visitors!!  No parks do only single night tix anymore unless they're small scale attractions!  Sorry btw just realized how long a post that was:blink::lol:

Edited by ToxicodendronHEDERA92
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, ToxicodendronHEDERA92 said:

I feel like that's a different beast altogether

Oh completely agree the two aren’t directly comparable. I’m just saying that won’t stop Universal making the announcement. The hype around avengers will likely go on for a while, so in my mind it makes sense to get ahead of it if they can. Otherwise there will be a big drought of info for HHN between house announcements, and we all know how those big gaps went down last year...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fvcking cvnt said:

That’s the million dollar question...

The creditors of the company. The assets will go to the creditors to satisfy the debts as much as possible. 

So guessing mainly banks? I don’t know enough of the financials of this entity to comment more conclusively. As to where they end up after that who knows. 

13 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

Ok so here's a guess Zero = Dead Exposure. Either a sequel or requel.

The detective referred to by @mystiquephreeq and hinted at in @Legacy's clue IS Boris Shuster

Charlie McPherson was the victim/main character in Dead Exposure. 

"His death didn't go unnoticed as Private Investigator Boris Shuster began to investigate the photographer's disappearance." 

(http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/Boris_Shuster)

This was the only house in the Hallow'd Past linked to the Detective.

Perhaps Zero ties into Dead Exposure by being linked to Photo Negatives?

It also links to the Ifirit's clue -

Welcome now to the hallowed past

- Dead Exposure was in this house
Been awhile since we saw this last

- No explanation needed
Just one of many in that year

- There were multiple Reflections of Fear houses in the Hallow'd Past
Both times seen, it was linked to fear

- Bloody Mary used fear to cure her patients

- Fear was the Icon for the 20th Anniversary

How has no one commented on this BRILLIANT post??!!  At least I was on the correct track (if this pans out) by stating that "Detective" automatically got me thinking about Boris.  Reading this, I had to suppress an actual squeal of delight!  I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a Dead Exposure return!!!  OMG!  Maybe it could still include LT?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

How has no one commented on this BRILLIANT post??!!  At least I was on the correct track (if this pans out) by stating that "Detective" automatically got me thinking about Boris.  Reading this, I had to suppress an actual squeal of delight!  I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a Dead Exposure return!!!  OMG!  Maybe it could still include LT?

Honestly, I wasn't as big a fan of Dead Exposure as most were (I thought ST3, Hallow, IT, BC2, and Creatures were all better--to be fair I thought all five of those were awesome) but I would still take it. 

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

31 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Having read the maze synopsis this sounds incredibly similar to my basic idea for an original. No idea how’d they make it work, but you’re in groups of 4-6 in a pitch black maze, given a Polaroid camera with a flash. You have to use the flash of the camera to navigate the maze, and things constantly move but you only catch glimpses from the flash photography. Can only take a pic every 3-5 seconds and use that to orientate yourself. So kinda like the weeping angels in doctor who, but you control the timing of the flashes. Like I said no idea practically how’d that work, but would be pretty interesting. 

• Like 2

My idea for a similar maze would be somewhat of a Dead Exposure-Interstellar Terror crossover:

A plane has just landed, but it is mysteriously completely empty--passengers missing, crew missing, the seating areas a complete mess, and no luggage--with the exception of a camera found in one of the seats. Look through the camera to discover what happened...

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Like I said no idea practically how’d that work, but would be pretty interesting. 

Time the lights remotely that way the actors can time and orient themselves as well don't actually give control to the crowd just make them think they have it!  By timing it remotely you can also make sure the guests don't get too far off track smacking into things or the actors. Plus maybe it's just me but if the one light you were supposed to have in a pitch black house was malfunctioning I'd think the house would be way creepier!!

Edited by ToxicodendronHEDERA92
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, ToxicodendronHEDERA92 said:

Time the lights remotely that way the actors can time and orient themselves as well don't actually give control to the crowd just make them think they have it!  By timing it remotely you can also make sure the guests don't get too far off track smacking into things or the actors. Plus maybe it's just me but if the one light you were supposed to have in a pitch black house was malfunctioning I'd think the house would be way creepier!!

Knott's did that last year.

https://www.knotts.com/play/scary-farm/attractions/trick-or-treat-lights-out

Edited by StupidStupidDan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Never been to Knotts that looks like it would have been really cool if done correctly tho!! Gotta wonder how well it would work with the numbers HHN deals with on a nightly basis tho I feel like there'd be a lot of GENUINELY broken flashlights by the end of the night:lol:I think that's why they always gave us paper glasses for the 3D houses cheap and no broken plastic or glass lying around if they get dropped

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

I was not a fan of Dead Exposure at all.  I feel like I completely missed what everyone else get out of it.  Same thing with Catacombs.

However, IF Detective was in fact related to Irfit's clue (a Q of mine no one answered), then Dead Exposure does certainly fit the bill.

I would still take SS Frightanic any day of the week, though.

Which would you prefer seeing: Frightanic or Dead Exposure?

34 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I do not recall Knott's using that scare at all.  At least it was not timed properly any time we went through.  It's a terrific idea but doesn't lend itself to a conga line.

• Like 1