Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

Did anyone see that Universal picked up the film rights to Stephen King's Tommyknockers? 

With King being so against the usage of his properties at events like HHN, and the rumors circling about his reaction/feedback to The Shining last year or IT this year, it may not only be smart play from the film side with the resurgence of King in theatres, but also an interesting way to force King into a working relationship with Universal. If they can create a stellar film it opens the door for a larger relationship with him over the next 3-5 years.

Edit:  I just saw TheRobCat's post from the previous page - keeping this here as no one reacted to it.

Edited by homelessjogger
  • Like 1

So been sitting back and catching up on all the discussions after being away with work, and wow. A lot to take in!

The Zero codename with Rick and Morty clue on IU has me intrigued. Assuming this is not an original (big if), I could see this being something like 28 days later. It’s a zombie film started by a virus from an infected chimp (patient zero), that turns people crazy and very violent. In order to stay safe you need to keep as far away from the infected as possible. The whole film is about running away from people infected with the rage virus, who could be described as savages given how they tear people and animals apart. 

That film deserves HHN treatment (if not done already) and I can imagine it being very intense. Lots of running, being chased, zombies diving at you through windows, etc. For me that would be pretty epic. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Sometimes, your clues make my head hurt. I don't watch Rick and Morty. 

I, also, can't play along. 

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over the typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization--his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny--they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots--of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imaging one of these addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools...how I pity them. :lol:

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only--and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin' personal kid B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over the typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization--his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny--they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots--of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imaging one of these addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools...how I pity them. :lol:

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only--and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin' personal kid B)

I don't watch Rick and Morty because I have a 6 and 12 year old. When the tv is on, it very rarely is on something I'd like to watch. 

Also, his clue in this one is very simple. That's why his clues hurt my head. I tend to look past the simplistic. Apparently, you look past it as well. 

Do I have to reiterate that I'm female?

I, of course, feel no need to defend my IQ. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I don't watch Rick and Morty because I have a 6 and 12 year old. When the tv is on, it very rarely is on something I'd like to watch. 

Also, his clue in this one is very simple. That's why his clues hurt my head. I tend to look past the simplistic. Apparently, you look past it as well. 

He’s not actually meaning what he said, it’s making fun of a part of the Rick and Morty fan base that treats non-viewers like that. It’s a shame he didn’t make it more clear, though. Dang teenagers with their may-mays.

1 hour ago, TheRobcat said:

I want Dynamite or Coach to be a Westworld maze. 

I want Dynamite to be The Thing and Coach to be Poltergeist, but that probably isn’t gonna happen either :P

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

He’s not actually meaning what he said, it’s making fun of a part of the Rick and Morty fan base that treats non-viewers like that. It’s a shame he didn’t make it more clear, though. Dang teenagers with their may-mays.

The clue is still simple. Don't look too deeply into it. 

Remember to work with the assumption that false info is out there and most rumors leak out after a very long game of telephone. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Yeah, it's just a copy pasta. I'm really not much of an R&M fan myself--I mean, sometimes I'll watch it, but yeah.

So I keep seeing the word "legs" in all these.

I think Dynamite is the Thing.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

Slightly off topic I'd like to ask you guys for some information about this event and the season pass. when it says that there are discounts available for pass holders on select nights can you tell me what those nights typically are? are they the off nights like the Thursdays's or the Mondays or the Sundays or are there certain dates, and can someone give me an idea about what it was last year and the discount that was applied for pass holders? I'm considering buying a pass this year because I'll be in LA next week and I'm definitely going to HHN in October so I wondered if it was worth the purchase.

Caveman original house!!  baby legs: early man walked funny, savages clip: self explanatory and someone mentioned on the other forum, zero meaning year zero, the beginning of man. I keep picturing the villain from scooby doo, a house based on cavemen unfreezing and going on a murder spree 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ChildOfHorror said:

Caveman original house!!  baby legs: early man walked funny, savages clip: self explanatory and someone mentioned on the other forum, zero meaning year zero, the beginning of man. I keep picturing the villain from scooby doo, a house based on cavemen unfreezing and going on a murder spree 

not saying I think this is what the clues are, but this sounds like it would be a GREAT original, a new classic.

Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 1

Or, hear me out

Baby Legs is nothing without his legs.

Daddy legs points us to the fact that legs is the hint.

Now everyone knows that Legacy's clues are clues you have to read though, but did anyone stop to read his name?

Legacy. Leg-acy - the answer has been in front of us this whole time.

Legacy without his legs is simply ACY. But what is ACY?

Our next clue lies here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACY

• Haha 1