Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

7 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Separate codenames. 

Your Poltergeist connection was my aha! moment. So, you have the actor. 

There's a word in the second clue that will lead you to a timeframe regarding the change. 

Well, looking at the second clue (if this is the second clue, if not then I’m super lost now lol)

For=four=four months ago in the beginning of December something changed for this year??

• Like 1

Ok Nelson is, by definition, a patronymic. Son of Nell. Does Stephen King’s son have anything to do with this? I’m grasping at straws here. 

Also, Nell is short for Eleanor, Eleanor is the name of a character in The Haunting. Could Haunt be something to look out for? Again, grasping at straws cause this one’s stumping me lol

11 minutes ago, CoopF22 said:

Who knows? The insiders may purposely be being fed false information. Yes that is my wishful side speaking. 

It’s very possible. Over on the Hollywood side last year a lot of people were fed misinformation regarding the replacement for The Conjuring. People on both coasts could be fed up with leaks and are deciding to have fun and mess with the leakers and the speculators 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

HA! Do you just have a stack of old Dynamite magazines sitting around the house that you can pull from?

Looking at a lot of the old covers online, I kinda wish I did. heh heh

I just remembered there was a Dynamite magazine and assumed the Coreys had to be on the cover at least once and ran to the internet to confirm.

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Although it is painfully obvious Coach could be a codename for Poltergeist I’m also wondering if Coach could be connected to The Thing. Kurt Russell played a coach twice in the past decades. 

If Coach is Poltergeist, it could also have been codenamed Incredible--albeit at the risk of angering Disney. ;)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

You know...I may have just had a eureka moment that our newly discovered code name might be linked to the Halloween house.

Follow my thoughts here:

-Danny McBride is a writer/producer on the new Halloween movie

-He's well known for the HBO series Eastbound and Down

-In that series, he plays a washed up baseball star that takes a job as a high school Phys Ed teacher (aka a "Coach") 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

halloween-2018-poster-michael-myers.jpg

anybody seen this? 

Realllllllllllllllllllllllllly Really hope this movie is good. I don't know what direction they're taking it in, just going to enjoy the ride, but I really hope it's not a clusterfuck. Then again, anything is better than Resurrection and the Zombie movies. 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2018 at 1:13 PM, mystiquephreeq said:

We all seem to be in for a surprise

On 4/17/2018 at 10:32 PM, mystiquephreeq said:

Eh, I think there was some valid spec based on wording in a blog post

This year, the past will haunt you with brand-new mazes based on iconic horror films, terrifying hit TV-shows and haunting original stories.

As for speculation vs wishful speculation vs rumors...

All we have anymore is deductive reasoning on which properties best fit the formula. There's not much else to speculate on without hint givers such as yourself or riddle givers such as the Ifrit. 

Take IT for example: A highly successful horror film based on the works of a master of horror. The Shining happened last year. Simple deductive reasoning would suggest that IT has a strong possibility, unless you are aware of various intricacies. King's dislike of haunted house and King being loopholed out of last year's Shining house. IT makes sense as a potential if one does not know certain details. IT has all the hallmarks of being a feature property out of context. 

This isn't 2008 or 2009 where there is a website we can deduce information from. How long did we debate a detective vs. a doctor in 08? The office gave support for both. The edition of a Freud quote gave the doctor more validity. Then there was the debate of male vs. female. That one went on for quite sometime. The only evidence to support a female over a male was items bequeathed in a will. 

Speculation is no more than wishful thinking or a simple plug n' play now. There's been a ragtag assortment of riddle givers (Emeric in 2010, our mutual friend in 2011, the Ifrit in 2012, 2013, 2017, and this year, the good Dr. Jimmy who has left the game, Cassilda Carcossa) and there are the hint droppers, who you have to be familiar with to know when to read more into a comment. 

There's zero fun and imagination in spec anymore. 

3 & 4. There's one more in here. 

On 4/18/2018 at 11:19 AM, mystiquephreeq said:

Aye, as I see yours. I've had really good coaches over the years. 

Clue for the missing one: HHNO has a long mythos. Look for a patronymic change. 

Hint: There is a word in the first sentence that gives you the timeframe for the change. 

• Like 2

I feel like there must have been some kinda big info shift and things are still very up-in-the-air. If a maze changes theme do the codenames change as well? And is this just a weird patch of info or are mazes still actually being switched out? Not that anyone may really know for sure. I agree with those who say this is fun though and also thank those who have been helpers on this wacky journey. 

• Like 1

Valid? That’d be an odd one for sure.

The word mythos connects to HHN 20, 20 weeks ago it was November 30 and 20 days ago it was March 30. I’m pretty sure something I mentioned for the first time in this thread (I went back & checked a couple days ago) was I believe the 29th or 30th. I still feel like I’m not getting this one though. It’s the patronymic thing! @mystiquephreeq you’re stumping me big time on this one lol

Another edit cause I don’t wanna spam with replies but patronymic seems to have to do with fathers. I googled father & horror and basically everything attached and Romero is mentioned (considered The Godfather of the Dead, Father of the Zombie Films), AHS is mentioned (for something far more disturbing), Poe is mentioned (The Lost Boys) and, of course, Stephen King (IT).  Still not sure I’m getting this though.

AND AGAIN lol does this have anything whatsoever to do with The Caretaker?? 

Edited by DraculaTeeth
I can’t spell & I’m trying to do this before the game starts
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Valid? That’d be an odd one for sure.

The word mythos connects to HHN 20, 20 weeks ago it was November 30 and 20 days ago it was March 30. I’m pretty sure something I mentioned for the first time in this thread (I went back & checked a couple days ago) was I believe the 29th or 30th. I still feel like I’m not getting this one though. It’s the patronymic thing! @mystiquephreeq you’re stumping me big time on this one lol

Another edit cause I don’t wanna spam with replies but patronymic seems to have to do with fathers. I googled father & horror and basically everything attached and Romero is mentioned (considered The Godfather of the Dead, Father of the Zombie Films), AHS is mentioned (for something far more disturbing), Poe is mentioned (The Lost Boys) and, of course, Stephen King (IT).  Still not sure I’m getting this though.

Mythos is the word that gives you the timeframe. 

I'm having too much fun with this. 

You should, also, consider how I numbered the codenames. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Mythos is the word that gives you the timeframe. 

I'm having too much fun with this. 

You should, also, consider how I numbered the codenames. 

When I think Mythos my mind automatically goes to the restaurant and I feel like that’s gotta be wrong.

I noticed you forgot the number 2, or maybe I just missed it cause my head’s spinning lol 

EDIT: I’ve left out the one thing that has popped up in almost every search in regards to this clue-Lovecraft. Lovecraft has a character (I believe, I’m not familiar with Lovecraft tbh) Cthulhu which is connected to Poltergeist-but not the movie, a card game. Lovecraft is also part of a book called Halloween and he’s mentioned in articles regarding Stranger Things, IT and The Thing. Also a forum debate on whether Lovecraft created the zombie, instead of Romero.

Edited by DraculaTeeth