Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

Some guy called Robert Bliss posted this on IU. He sounds like a really smart, handsome kinda guy.

This is what I have on my much abused scratch pad for things that may happen:
ST (duh)
AHS
Halloween best of-maybe 1 and 2 with preview for new one at the end
Romero's House Of The Dead
Trick r Treat
Poltergeist
The Lost Boys

As far as I can tell, none of these have been ruled out and a few have been more than slightly hinted

I like it

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Some guy called Robert Bliss posted this on IU. He sounds like a really smart, handsome kinda guy.

This is what I have on my much abused scratch pad for things that may happen, 
ST (duh)
AHS
Halloween best of-maybe 1 and 2 with preview for new one at the end
Romero's House Of The Dead
Trick r Treat
Poltergeist
The Lost Boys

As far as I can tell, none of these have been ruled out and a few have been more than slightly hinted

I like it

OK this is gonna sound insane, but hear me out. 

One of the rumored codenames is Zero, right?

The thing that comes to mind when I hear Zero is Jack's dog from Nightmare Before Christmas.

At the end of Poltergeist, there is a huge ghostly creature that kind of looks like a suped up version of that dog.

It sounds insane, but I think Zero might be Poltergeist.

I rest my case.

https://www.google.com/search?q=zero+nightmare+before+christmas&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS727US727&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt1e_52MbaAhVMxYMKHaUvBBQQ_AUICigB&biw=1276&bih=680

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS727US727&biw=1276&bih=680&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=aLvYWqDtBKrIjwTf8L-wCQ&q=end+of+poltergeist+ghost&oq=end+of+poltergeist+ghost&gs_l=psy-ab.3...2417.5088.0.5634.6.6.0.0.0.0.250.614.5j0j1.6.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.cXIhEXC039I

Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fvcking cvnt said:

how was Poltergeist hinted at?

It was one of the things DracTeeth mentioned that no one else was talking about and it seems like it would be the one thing that would draw a crowd other than Aliens and people have been so quiet on the Alien/Aliens front I'm skeptical of it showing up. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Halloween best of/preview house is way more exciting to me than just the new one. I am guessing it will be 1, 2 and preview. I think I read the new one ignores everything past the first two

yeah, it's gonna be great. I changed my Poltergeist post a bit BTW

It seems that @Ringwraithwas referencing the halloween best-of AND poltergeist in his posts. @mystiquephreeqwas referencing it with the incredible actor connection, and ring made the connection when he said one of @TheRobcat's IPs he listed was rumored, Poltergeist is on that list.

Did we just figure out two houses?

BTW, for those trying to figure out ragtag's house and the Halloween best-ofs codename, 

rag·tag
ˈraɡˌtaɡ/
adjective

1. 1.
    untidy, disorganized, or incongruously varied in character.
Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 1

That list I wrote above leaves out several I wanted the most. I have come to terms with no IT, but I am still holding out a sliver of hope for The Thing, Alien/ Aliens, and NoES

They haven't been officially denied by anyone as far as I know, just kinda not mentioned or downplayed. 

Edited by TheRobcat

25 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

It seems that @Ringwraithwas referencing the halloween best-of AND poltergeist in his posts. @mystiquephreeqwas referencing it with the incredible actor connection, and ring made the connection when he said one of @TheRobcat's IPs he listed was rumored, Poltergeist is on that list.

BTW, for those trying to figure out ragtag's house and the Halloween best-ofs codename, 

rag·tag
ˈraɡˌtaɡ/
adjective

1. 1.

Honestly, that could fit into so many different franchises (especially IT and Stranger Things). It's pretty typical for a "ragtag" group of kids to come up against a evil greater than any of them individually. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

That list I wrote above leaves out several I wanted the most. I have come to terms with no IT, but I am still holding out a sliver of hope for The Thing, Alien/ Aliens, and NoES

They haven't been officially denied by anyone as far as I know, just kinda not mentioned or downplayed. 

I can't think of anything other than Thing for Dynamite

Alien still has that space station rumor connection, and Legacy said it was on A&D's wishlist a while back

Haven't heard anything about NoES outside of the initial rumored lineup, but It's not one of the four "definitely not happening" IPs that Legacy was talking about on IU

1 minute ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Honestly, that could fit into so many different franchises (especially IT and Stranger Things). It's pretty typical for a "ragtag" group of kids to come up against a evil greater than any of them individually. 

I know, but ragtag is most often used to describe a set of characters, so it would be a great switch up to use it to hint at a best of house instead of its clichéd use.

Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 1

@mystiquephreeq I haven’t forgotten what you said yesterday about there being one more codename left. You did say it was in post, but not which one, so I’m going off of the one Ragtag was in.

Hallmarks - a gold stamp &/or standard of purity, could this possibly be the one they picked for ST? Or maybe it was originally for IT? Both I’d consider platinum IP’s to get. Also, Romero was a hallmark to the genre. As is Michael Myers and a potential Halloween best of.

Loopholed - Was AHS something they were possibly loopholed into doing another year? Or maybe Halloween-kind of in a “at Blumhouse we’ll let you use the new one, but only one scene at the end” way? 

House - you said “King’s dislike of haunted house”, not houses plural, and if it is one the codenames House (IMO) fits perfectly to Poltergeist.

Might be way off again, but those seemed to fit with what I could think of!

Also...it looks like if there is one codename left, that’ll make it seven. Unless any of those are possibly for originals-it looks like we may possibly be down to two originals. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

rag·tag
ˈraɡˌtaɡ/
adjective

1. 1.

I just learned I may have some conflicting information so one or both of the houses I was eluding to might be off the table. I'll most likely know  for sure before the next announcement.

• Like 2

New to this whole speculation thing.. I'm just confused as to how one post will say:

"Yea, there's no way *insert IP* will make an appearance at HHN." 

Then the next post is:

"Well nothing is set in stone, things can change up to the last minute." 

I mean if that's the case, besides houses that are announced, what's the point of the speculation if things can change last minute? Are there certain IP's that are more likely than others? Are there situations that can legally prevent certain IP's from showing up? What I'm trying to get at is, why are there certain IP's that are being completely thrown out while at the same time saying everything can change at the last minute? 

Yes I am alluding to IT, btw. 

Edited by CoopF22

Remember:

My clue was for a codename.  While trying to come up with the clue, I had an aha! moment regarding the codename. That aha! moment is completely speculation on my part. This codename would seem to fit in with the way A&D select names, if my speculation is correct. 

@DraculaTeeth found the actor for the clue, but not the codename yet. 

Finally, there's one more codename in my big post. It's toward the top and won't really stand out. 

Clue for that codename: HHNO has a long mythos. Look for a change in a patronymic

30 minutes ago, CoopF22 said:

New to this whole speculation thing.. I'm just confused as to how one post will say:

Then the next post is:

I mean if that's the case, besides houses that are announced, what's the point of the speculation if things can change last minute? Are there certain IP's that are more likely than others? Are there situations that can legally prevent certain IP's from showing up? What I'm trying to get at is, why are there certain IP's that are being completely thrown out while at the same time saying everything can change at the last minute? 

King is the answer regarding why IT may never show. Uni loopholed him out of any say in The Shining last year. Ever notice his name was not included at all in the event? He wouldn't let them use his name. He couldn't stop them from using Kubrick's Shining (he despises that movie), but he could make sure that they didn't link him to it. 

The Shining was leaked by a travel site last year. From what I heard, the delay in announcing The Shining was due to King stepping in after the leak. Not sure if he completely tried to stop the house from happening or what, but I heard Uni burnt the bridge with King. He was not happy with them.  

As for why do we speculate:

The joy of deduction. The simple act of riddle solving, putting together a puzzle, and linking the parts of a mystery. The ability to create and imagine. 

It takes a certain mindset. You'll probably find that many who speculate enjoy delving into fandoms, analyzing all available information, reading mystery novels, and doing all types of puzzles. 

There's, also, a fair share of writers in the mix. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, CoopF22 said:

Then the next post is:

It's for this reason that they take a long time to officially announce things. Personally I find it fun.

Edited by Ringwraith
I can't grammar
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Remember:

My clue was for a codename.  While trying to come up with the clue, I had an aha! moment regarding the codename. That aha! moment is completely speculation on my part. This codename would seem to fit in with the way A&D select names, if my speculation is correct. 

@DraculaTeeth found the actor for the clue, but not the codename yet. 

Finally, there's one more codename in my big post. It's toward the top and won't really stand out. 

Clue for that codename: HHNO has a long mythos. Look for a change in a patronymic

I’m going alllll over the place with this one but based off of what you said...would a change in the patronymic be when it was originally titled Fright Nights?? 

The two actors I referenced were Vincent Price & Craig T. Nelson, Craig T. Nelson is the father in Poltergeist. The character of Peter Vincent in Fright Night is based off of Vincent Price.

However, those are IP’s, not a codename which is what we’re looking for...unless Fright &/or Night(s) is a codename...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

I’m going alllll over the place with this one but based off of what you said...would a change in the patronymic be when it was originally titled Fright Nights?? 

The two actors I referenced were Vincent Price & Craig T. Nelson, Craig T. Nelson is the father in Poltergeist. The character of Peter Vincent in Fright Night is based off of Vincent Price.

However, those are IP’s, not a codename which is what we’re looking for...unless Fright &/or Night(s) is a codename...

Separate codenames. 

Your Poltergeist connection was my aha! moment. So, you have the actor. 

There's a word in the second clue that will lead you to a timeframe regarding the change. 

• Like 2