Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

3 hours ago, Legacy said:

One of those four may still be coming, based on what I was told.

Indeed. One and only one.

3 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Thanks to the very awesome Legacy, I have figured out 4 codenames and the 4 houses he was told are not on the way this year.

Suprise

Snacks

Dynamite

Poison

and No NoES, Conjuring, It, or Halloween

This is mostly based on him liking some of my posts. 

There is a pattern Universal likes to follow and it should reveal which of those four is a go.

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Critical's last post on IU was a positive review of HHN 27, FWIW.

That was his last post still listed on the site. Moderators have taken care of others.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

There is a pattern Universal likes to follow and it should reveal which of those four is a go.

That was his last post still listed on the site. Moderators have taken care of others.

hmmm, I'm gonna be looking for patterns in past years, brb

I'm interested, what got Critical banned?

Based off the four codenames given and if they do point to one of the four houses still being a go I looked at it this way (probably completely wrong)

IT

Poison: the poisoning of the town of Derry.

Snacks: Eats kids as snacks

Surprise: Surprises the kids in the form of their deepest fears

Dynamite: ??? (I really couldn't come up with anything for this one)

Again, just blowing smoke as I am probably way off and it seems too easy, but tried my best.... CARRY ON

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Bloody hell... I know there is something in there... another code name or something more? Zero?

There's a total of three in that post and you have one. You already figured out one from another post (surprise). One more post has one as well. Although, it had to be altered slightly for contextual reasons. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

Based off the four codenames given and if they do point to one of the four houses still being a go I looked at it this way (probably completely wrong)

IT

Again, just blowing smoke as I am probably way off and it seems too easy, but tried my best.... CARRY ON

200w.webp

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoopF22 said:
32 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

IT

200w.webp

Image result for oh well gif

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Eh, I think there was some valid spec based on wording in a blog post

This year, the past will haunt you with brand-new mazes based on iconic horror films, terrifying hit TV-shows and haunting original stories.

As for speculation vs wishful speculation vs rumors...

All we have anymore is deductive reasoning on which properties best fit the formula. There's not much else to speculate on without hint givers such as yourself or riddle givers such as the Ifrit. 

Take IT for example: A highly successful horror film based on the works of a master of horror. The Shining happened last year. Simple deductive reasoning would suggest that IT has a strong possibility, unless you are aware of various intricacies. King's dislike of haunted house and King being loopholed out of last year's Shining house. IT makes sense as a potential if one does not know certain details. IT has all the hallmarks of being a feature property out of context. 

This isn't 2008 or 2009 where there is a website we can deduce information from. How long did we debate a detective vs. a doctor in 08? The office gave support for both. The edition of a Freud quote gave the doctor more validity. Then there was the debate of male vs. female. That one went on for quite sometime. The only evidence to support a female over a male was items bequeathed in a will. 

Speculation is no more than wishful thinking or a simple plug n' play now. There's been a ragtag assortment of riddle givers (Emeric in 2010, our mutual friend in 2011, the Ifrit in 2012, 2013, 2017, and this year, the good Dr. Jimmy who has left the game, Cassilda Carcossa) and there are the hint droppers, who you have to be familiar with to know when to read more into a comment. 

There's zero fun and imagination in spec anymore. 

I could be way off (as usual) but ragtag & imagination are sticking out to me cause I can definitely link them to two IP’s. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

I could be way off (as usual) but ragtag & imagination are sticking out to me cause I can definitely link them to two IP’s. 

You have one. One left in that post. 

I'll let you figured it out between your two guesses. 

One more post that has a codename. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

You have one. One left in that post. 

I'll let you figured it out between your two guesses. 

One more post that has a codename. 

Well what I can put together out of both of those words are...

Ragtag - The Lost Boys (I knooow, I know) but everyone in that movie is bit of a mixed bag. However I can also link it to AHS because the group led by Kai, IMO, fall into a ragtag category of people. 

Imagination - ANoES, because nightmares can be linked to your imagination. 

As for the the last one...I’ve got a few ideas but I’m not so sure.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 10:32 PM, mystiquephreeq said:

As for speculation vs wishful speculation vs rumors...

All we have anymore is deductive reasoning on which properties best fit the formula. There's not much else to speculate on without hint givers such as yourself or riddle givers such as the Ifrit. 

Take IT for example: A highly successful horror film based on the works of a master of horror. The Shining happened last year. Simple deductive reasoning would suggest that IT has a strong possibility, unless you are aware of various intricacies. King's dislike of haunted house and King being loopholed out of last year's Shining house. IT makes sense as a potential if one does not know certain details. IT has all the hallmarks of being a feature property out of context. 

This isn't 2008 or 2009 where there is a website we can deduce information from. How long did we debate a detective vs. a doctor in 08? The office gave support for both. The edition of a Freud quote gave the doctor more validity. Then there was the debate of male vs. female. That one went on for quite sometime. The only evidence to support a female over a male was items bequeathed in a will. 

Speculation is no more than wishful thinking or a simple plug n' play now. There's been a ragtag assortment of riddle givers (Emeric in 2010, our mutual friend in 2011, the Ifrit in 2012, 2013, 2017, and this year, the good Dr. Jimmy who has left the game, Cassilda Carcossa) and there are the hint droppers, who you have to be familiar with to know when to read more into a comment. 

There's zero fun and imagination in spec anymore.

You use wishful twice - Robert Englund was is the Wishmaster. He just so also happens to be in A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: Dream Master

Plug n' Play - You forgot the power glove

Ragtag is in Missouri. Not quite Springwood but the same state.   Nevermind

ALTHOUGH, You use VS A LOT. There's some potential that if I'm right I'm just scratching the surface here. 

Edited by Midnight Detective
Late Night Posting caused me to forget where Elm Street Is located

11 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

The Lost Boys was added to Netflix JUST when the rumor started to go around, I feel maybe someone at A&D noticed it was added and decided to use it as misinformation. Not sure if codewords can be multiple words, but if so Lost Boys could be a codename for a Vamp 80s house as well.

This is quite interesting. What if Netflix knows the other IP's coming to the event. It's not totally out of the realm of possibility that Universal would tell them who they would be sharing the spotlight with. Heck, for all we know this Universal/Netflix partnership could be bigger than we originally thought. With Disney soon to launch their own streaming service and pull ALL Disney content off Netflix, it makes since for Netflix to want to partner with another big media giant. I already have this feeling that as we exit Stranger Things, we will get handed a "flyer" for Netflix with a free trial code on it. What if they include all the IP's (minus the new Halloween of course but we could get the old ones) on the Netflix platform before the event starts and send out a free month to everybody that buys a ticket on line to the event so they can watch the movies and shows that will be a house or zone.

Edited by Badge
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Badge said:

This is quite interesting. What if Netflix knows the other IP's coming to the event. It's not totally out of the realm of possibility that Universal would tell them who they would be sharing the spotlight with. Heck, for all we know this Universal/Netflix partnership could be bigger than we originally thought. With Disney soon to launch their own streaming service and pull ALL Disney content off Netflix, it makes since for Netflix to want to partner with another big media giant. I already have this feeling that as we exit Stranger Things, we will get handed a "flyer" for Netflix with a free trial code on it. What if they include all the IP's (minus the new Halloween of course but we could get the old ones) on the Netflix platform before the event starts and send out a free month to everybody that buys a ticket on line to the event so they can watch the movies and shows that will be a house or zone.

Interesting. This would be an amazing gimmick! 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 9:32 PM, mystiquephreeq said:

That is not the correct way to spell "addition."

currently looking for things 2008 and 2009 had in common, and still haven't checked for "patterns" yet.

I'm also gonna agree with @Midnight Detective,  "VS." has to have some significace. Obviously FvJ and AvP comes to mind. Both Alien and NoES were rumored at some point this year. Hm.

I'd like to thank the users like @Legacy@mystiquephreeq , and @Ringwraith for making this years spec fun when Universal decided they didn't have to put any effort into it anymore.

Ifrit's nice too.

Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1