Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

The Night of the Living Dead rumor was that they were recoloring Walking Dead zombie effects and prosthetics black and white to fit in with the visual style of the 70s film.

I've only heard Aliens from a good source on here when Legacy was naming off films that were on Universal's "wishlist" IPs

both would be considered "classic" but only the NotLD rumors would be out of left field.

My money's on Night of the Living Dead

Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

Look out for that. Whatever's out in left field can creep up on you.

37 minutes ago, Legacy said:

*taps foot and grunts*

Hmmm ok before I put out my crazy guesses (and they are crazy, and are waaay out of left field) I have to ask...should I be reading between the lines of these responses? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Why that?

Ok well I just checked the Inside Universal forum and now have no basis for confimation but I'll get back to you once I develop a cohesive reason.

15 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Hmmm ok before I put out my crazy guesses (and they are crazy, and are waaay out of left field) I have to ask...should I be reading between the lines of these responses? 

In my opinion, take everything he says as having potential to be a clue. He frequently drops hints that just blow over people's heads but they're there

Unrelated but these are my guesses on unannounced houses:
Trick R Treat
Halloween
The Lost Boys
Alien

Edited by Midnight Detective
Update
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Midnight Detective said:

In my opinion, take everything he says as having potential to be a clue. He frequently drops hints that just blow over people's heads but they're there

Well I’m gonna prefaced this by saying I can only speak to things I’ve heard of. Not necessarily wishlist stuff, just what I can think of off the top of my head.

The biggest one I could think of that I don’t believe has been mentioned before (please correct me if I’m wrong) is Night Of The Creeps. Made in ‘86 (if we’re still talking 80’s) haven’t seen it but heard of it.  A synopsis from IMDB: Alien brain parasites, entering humans through the mouth, turn their host into a killing zombie. Some teenagers start to fight against. 

The next one is Vincent Price. He’s been gone 25 years now, and he’s got one hell of a filmography to sift through.

The other is one I’m certain has been discussed (Scream-they filed for bankruptcy and he-who-shall-not-be-named is out, so whoever’s left with the rights might be flexible with it) and the final one is something that I’d file into a “never happening” category because I don’t think it’s physically possible to make into a house but it’s something that creeps up on you (It Follows).

The only thing I know for certain is that the longer I’m here the faster I’m turning into Charlie Kelly.

HTK9lVp.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Badge said:

I really wish they would hurry up with the multi-nights passes! I can't see them ever doing away with them completely because it would drop attendance significantly! Plus, for people from out of town like myself, the multi-night ticket is the reason I go! Past three years now I've stayed onsite for 16-18 nights and attended three full weekends. Have had Aventura booked since Sept of last year for 17 nights this year. If for some stupid reason they don't offer the Rush of Fear, I will drop that down to just a long weekend and probably only attend 1 night. You would think they would want to start collecting money now from people that want to attend and for people that are on the fence about going, having a multi-night ticket might convince them to make a trip over for a long weekend. 

agreed, i am 100% planning on buying every shirt if i can go with frequent fear

• Like 1

Wait so question: is the 80's theme a "confirmed" rumor or did the whole forum just take an idea and run with it really far? 

While I agree an 80's theme would be awesome, I don't remember really seeing anything about it other than "STRANGER THINGS WHAT IF EVERYTHING WAS 80'S" and everyone else going "YEAH 80'S". 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Wait so question: is the 80's theme a "confirmed" rumor or did the whole forum just take an idea and run with it really far? 

While I agree an 80's theme would be awesome, I don't remember really seeing anything about it other than "STRANGER THINGS WHAT IF EVERYTHING WAS 80'S" and everyone else going "YEAH 80'S". 

Not even a rumor. Just looking at the rumored lineup and wishful speculation.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

I'm the guy who would love to see a Pee Wee's Big Adventure maze, so I'm not sure what I'd consider crazy. heh heh

And when they finally pulled the driver's body from the twisted, burning wreck.....that house could be terrifying

2 hours ago, DraculaTeeth said:

the final one is something that I’d file into a “never happening” category because I don’t think it’s physically possible to make into a house but it’s something that creeps up on you (It Follows).

It Follows is my #1 "why the hell do people like this movie" movie right next to The Strangers and Friday the 13th. I feel a house would be boring if done wrong, but with the right cast could be decent.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Not even a rumor. Just looking at the rumored lineup and wishful speculation.

Eh, I think there was some valid spec based on wording in a blog post

This year, the past will haunt you with brand-new mazes based on iconic horror films, terrifying hit TV-shows and haunting original stories.

As for speculation vs wishful speculation vs rumors...

All we have anymore is deductive reasoning on which properties best fit the formula. There's not much else to speculate on without hint givers such as yourself or riddle givers such as the Ifrit. 

Take IT for example: A highly successful horror film based on the works of a master of horror. The Shining happened last year. Simple deductive reasoning would suggest that IT has a strong possibility, unless you are aware of various intricacies. King's dislike of haunted house and King being loopholed out of last year's Shining house. IT makes sense as a potential if one does not know certain details. IT has all the hallmarks of being a feature property out of context. 

This isn't 2008 or 2009 where there is a website we can deduce information from. How long did we debate a detective vs. a doctor in 08? The office gave support for both. The edition of a Freud quote gave the doctor more validity. Then there was the debate of male vs. female. That one went on for quite sometime. The only evidence to support a female over a male was items bequeathed in a will. 

Speculation is no more than wishful thinking or a simple plug n' play now. There's been a ragtag assortment of riddle givers (Emeric in 2010, our mutual friend in 2011, the Ifrit in 2012, 2013, 2017, and this year, the good Dr. Jimmy who has left the game, Cassilda Carcossa) and there are the hint droppers, who you have to be familiar with to know when to read more into a comment. 

There's zero fun and imagination in spec anymore. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CoopF22 said:

Well, I hope I didn't piss anyone off. I just really figured IT would be at HHN based off of the fact that it was so successful last year. This is my first year in these forums, my apologies. 

Nope, no one should be pissed off. New people to the forums aren't going to know about the long discussions we had about The Shining last year. 

As I said, IT is a perfect example of a property that by all means should fit the recent HHN formula. Uni has an ongoing relationship with WB. IT is the highest grossing horror movie. WB did a house last year. Uni did The Shining last year. No one can fault anyone for not knowing about last year's drama and rants. 

I was the ranter. Which is why I'm so angry with myself for getting caught up in the hype. Uni most likely burnt a bridge last year. I should have kept reminding myself of that. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, CoopF22 said:

This is my first year in these forums, my apologies.

Mine too actually writing on boards. I poked my head in a little last year and followed the Ifrit, but I guess we picked an odd time to get on board with this level of fandom. heh heh

Still excited for the event though, obviously.

Might be the last time in a while before I get to go again, so my rabid fandom is barely contained this year. And so many tantalizing things have been dangled, Stranger and otherwise. 

At least I love ST

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Eh, I think there was some valid spec based on wording in a blog post

This year, the past will haunt you with brand-new mazes based on iconic horror films, terrifying hit TV-shows and haunting original stories.

As for speculation vs wishful speculation vs rumors...

The idea of an “80s year” predates the first update... but *shrug*

I miss Emeric.

EDIT - I saw what you were doing in this post, BTW.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CoopF22 said:

Well, I hope I didn't piss anyone off. I just really figured IT would be at HHN based off of the fact that it was so successful last year. This is my first year in these forums, my apologies. 

Trust me, as someone completely out of the "in the know" circle and as a first timer doing hhn spec, there's no need to apologize. Shit's complicated ^_^

• Like 1

@Legacy

Haven't had the time to do the reading I've wanted to do so I thought I'd go ahead and answer based of my original assumption for why it might be Alien.

The list @TheRobcat made included Tremors, Creepshow, Children of the Corn, Amityville, Pet Semetary, Best of Hellraiser, Aliens, Dawn of the Dead. The tapped foot and grunt leads me to believe something he said is on the right track but not close.

IMO Tremors is out - making a house off of a creature that burrows would be way out there and in my opinion might be hard to suit for HHN.

Creepshow is titled STEPHEN KING's Creepshow - immediately out

Amityville is an on the nose guess so it can't warrant a on the right track, but not right answer. Same for Pet Secretary.

I think, if I'm even on the right track this leads us with a view possibilities:

Dawn of the Dead = a George A. Romero Mash-up house

Best of Hellraiser = just Hellraiser

Aliens = just Alien. 

I figure with the rumors of a original space-station house, perhaps it's actually just an Alien house. There's precedent with AvP and if I recall correctly, the reason we got AvP and not Alien before was a rights issue - Disney featured the Alien at Hollywood Studios. BUT the attraction featuring Alien (The Great American Movie Ride) is now closed as of last August. If the rights opened up, the IP holder knows Universal will do it justice (as seen by how they tackled American Werewolf in London, the Exorcist, the Shining and of course AvP) and A&D wants to do it I'd say this would be the year.

Of course this is all null and void if whatever's out in left field happens to be a corn field... with children in it. 

Also if misinformation is true I think one of the properties we got SNOWED on was the Thing. If not for the obvious hint but for a more practical reason. If there is a misinformation campaign Universal would have to do disinformation with PROPERTIES THEY OWN. There's no way the would damage potential business relations in such a practice.

For the record my number #1 property I'd say is on lock would be The Lost Boys. It out of nowhere and not owned by Universal. Plus vampires have been a huge hit with Vamp '55 and the Hive but maybe this is all just hopeful thinking.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

For the record my number #1 property I'd say is on lock would be The Lost Boys. It out of nowhere and not owned by Universal. Plus vampires have been a huge hit with Vamp '55 and the Hive but maybe this is all just hopeful thinking.

The Lost Boys was added to Netflix JUST when the rumor started to go around, I feel maybe someone at A&D noticed it was added and decided to use it as misinformation. Not sure if codewords can be multiple words, but if so Lost Boys could be a codename for a Vamp 80s house as well.

Also they could do tremors with puppets and people with guns, it has enough pull to be at the event imo.

Also Also, Legacy just confirmed on IU that “snowed in” is just part of his vocabulary and wasn’t a reference to the thing.

Edited by fvcking cvnt