Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

2 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

When I think Mythos my mind automatically goes to the restaurant and I feel like that’s gotta be wrong.

I noticed you forgot the number 2, or maybe I just missed it cause my head’s spinning lol 

Initial impressions are generally correct. 

Yes, 2 was left out on purpose. 

3 is ragtag 

4 is zero. 

That should assist with figuring out how I numbered them. 

14 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

second icon and only icon who is a father is the caretaker

Is he truly the second icon? He is indeed a father. 

• Like 3

Hi! New here to the forum and to this speculation business. I’ve been a lurker for a couple weeks now.

43 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Is he truly the second icon? 

Reading this brought Eddie to mind... He was the intended 2nd icon but was replaced by Jack due to 9/11 so never made his official icon debut.  It would also make sense with the potential 80s theme that’s been mentioned. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

With all the IPs up in the air, or at least here on the speculation board, my thoughts (for all that is worth) I would be extremely surprised if Halloween didn't make an appearance this year. Halloween has been extremely successful in Orlando and preview houses sure haven't stopped Orlando before, Dracula Untold, Insidious The Last Key, Jigsaw to name a few, regardless of how successful they have been to us/you ... if it is released in October I think it is fair game. Only movies like Krampus which were released well past HHN and were a "surprise" success would lead to a following year HHN....obviously anything is possible but I would think, especially with Universal and Blumhouse heading up the new Halloween, they wouldn't pass up using HHN to market the new movie to get people excited and get people to see it.

Edited by Rikku
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

@mystiquephreeq I’m assuming the second clue is somewhere in the paragraphs above Ragtag?

^The like is for this. 

There have been two patronymic changes in the history of the event. 

I've given the timeframe when this change occurred. Where, as well, if one wishes to be technical. 

PS - I'm going to suggest everyone look up aphasia/dysphasia so you guys can forgive me any actual errors I miss. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

^The like is for this. 

There have been two patronymic changes in the history of the event. 

I've given the timeframe when this change occurred. Where, as well, if one wishes to be technical. 

PS - I'm going to suggest everyone look up aphasia/dysphasia so you guys can forgive me any actual errors I miss. 

As I only started attending during 26, my knowledge on the history of HHN is slim-although I’m getting quite the history lesson now lol-and I think I’m still stumped!

The first name change was in ‘92 when it changed from Fright Nights to HHN. The first time HHN switched parks was for 12 in 2002 to IOA, where Mythos is located, and the icon (though not the original one) was the Caretaker, Cindy’s father. But you also mention 2008 where Bloody Mary comes into play, she’s technically (according to the Wikia page) the second icon. Then 2009, where The Usher was the icon. No clue if you’re referring to any of those but I do think this one should be solved by somebody who’s got a better knowledge of HHN’s history than I do lol

• Like 1

Bloody Mary was by no means the second Icon.

If we count traditional HHN Icons, we have (in order):

2000: Jack (Jack Schmidt)

2001: Jack (was to have been Eddie Schmidt)

2002: Caretaker (Albert Caine)

2003: Director (Paolo Ravinski or Paulo Ravinski)

2004: None

2005: Storyteller (Elsa Strict), and arguably Terra Queen 

2006: Jack/Caretaker/Director/Storyteller

2007: Ringmaster Jack

2008: Bloody Mary (Mary Agana)

2009: Usher (Julian Browning)

2010: Fear, and resurrection of all previous icons other than Bloody Mary

2011: Lady Luck  (Fortuna Luck)

2012-2014: No icon

2015: Jack

2016: Chance (Chance)

2017: No icon

I have no idea what patronymic change we have seen in this event, unless possibly in the name of some house.

Patronymic meaning a name derived from a father or ancestor.

I don't see how Cindy or Eddie (Edward) is a name derived form an HHN entity.

There seems to be a good deal of focus on 2008.  Mythos is mentioned, which was smack dab in Terra Cruenta, as well as specific mention of the detective (Boris Schuster) and the doctor (Dr. Mary Agana / Bloody Mary).  There was discussion if the icon was the detective or the doctor.  Turned out to technically be neither exactly.  The discovery of the the jewelry box along with tape recordings from Boris was the final piece to the puzzle. God, I miss those days....  There WAS Charlie McPherson - whose name IS patronymic (meaning son of the parson)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

As I only started attending during 26, my knowledge on the history of HHN is slim-although I’m getting quite the history lesson now lol-and I think I’m still stumped!

The first name change was in ‘92 when it changed from Fright Nights to HHN. The first time HHN switched parks was for 12 in 2002 to IOA, where Mythos is located, and the icon (though not the original one) was the Caretaker, Cindy’s father. But you also mention 2008 where Bloody Mary comes into play, she’s technically (according to the Wikia page) the second icon. Then 2009, where The Usher was the icon. No clue if you’re referring to any of those but I do think this one should be solved by somebody who’s got a better knowledge of HHN’s history than I do lol

http://www.horrornightnightmares.com/hallowd-past-hhn-icons/

IMG_0650.PNG

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Sharing a last name...

6 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

And here is where I pop in and maybe say something done because my attention is divided- Jack and Eddie share a surname. 

like brothers do?

@mystiquephreeq Like certain amphibian surnamed brothers do??

• Like 1

Maybe this is crazy, but in 2001, the year Jack replaced Eddie, there was a shift and MCA Planning and Development became Universal Creative. I think they created Mythos earlier maybe? The mythos part is the thing I'm not fully getting. Or any of it probably. If this is true, the word would be Office.

49 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Read the icon backstories in the link I provided. 

You'll see the changes. 

Where is Mythos located? That's the big hint to the year. 

Lost Continent = Lost Boys?

Are we still debating codenames, or the actual houses?

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

19 hours ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Ok Nelson is, by definition, a patronymic. Son of Nell. Does Stephen King’s son have anything to do with this? I’m grasping at straws here. 

Also, Nell is short for Eleanor, Eleanor is the name of a character in The Haunting. Could Haunt be something to look out for? Again, grasping at straws cause this one’s stumping me lol

Hmmmmm.... Nelson... Nell.... Nell Carter....

Gimme A Break! house CONFIRMED!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Read the icon backstories in the link I provided. 

You'll see the changes. 

Where is Mythos located? That's the big hint to the year. 

Read through what I could but the only real big changes that has to do with men (patronymic) that stuck out to me is Paul Bearer to Albert Caine, then Eddie back to Jack. I think this one’s just too complicated for me to solve lol

Haven't been 100% in this spec train of thought, but HHN was originally Fright Nights and changed to Halloween Horror Nights, the surname remaining the same being "Nights." My current guess that a codename is "Night" or "Nights." I'm also pretty sure "nights" is in that huge @mystiquephreeq post after codename 1 and before codename 3. 

On the topic of eyegore, I would say to be an icon a character has to

1. have their own scarezone or house(excludes eyegore)

2. be present in marketing

3. be a named character(excludes bone)

4. be original

to me this means that eddie counts, cindy does not, and terra queen is iffy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

4. be original

does an Icon seriously have to be named?

2 hours ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Read through what I could but the only real big changes that has to do with men (patronymic) that stuck out to me is Paul Bearer to Albert Caine, then Eddie back to Jack. I think this one’s just too complicated for me to solve lol

You found the name change. I'm going to guess you aren't old enough to recognize the name or you're not from the central Florida area. 

Dr. Caine's original name paid homage to someone. 

11 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

4. be original

The only requirements an icon must meet are A&Ds requirements. A&D includes unused icons as icons. 

By the way, which of the above does Cindy not meet?

• Like 4

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic