HHN 22 Speculation

You can still have a very successful year of HHN even without an Icon, take 2004 and throughout the '90s for example. In my mind, an Icon helps the theming for the event and it adds more. With that said, if we didn't have an icon I wouldn't be disappointed because the event would still be great nevertheless.

But could we say that that the years with icons have brought more people to the event? im not sayin a icon less year wouldn't be interesting but after so many consecutive years of icons i suppose itd be hard to break away from having a central person that embodies the ideal of the year

• Like 1

They didn't say they would trash the old icons, but they did say they wouldn't use them again.

They also said no more movie houses, and then The Thing showed up the very next year. So at this point, it's probably a safe bet to never say never. Not saying they will use the Usher again (although I'd be cool with it, as I missed XIX), but it's clear there are some differences in vision between A&D and the higher ups.

Sorry I didn't elaborate (doing this on a phone is a chore sometimes). It is true that they didn't say they would ever use them again, but (if I remember correctly) something was said to the effect of not using them again in the near future in 2010. I'm not saying they won't ever be used again, I just don't think they'll use any of them again this soon.

There was a popular theory about another reunion in 2015.

I dont see the Usher coming back not only for the "new age of darkness" but for the fact that theres only 2 movie houses compared to 2009's 6. Marketing eants icons because the events easier to promote when they give a face to it. 2004 was plenty successful. A few classic houses came out of that year. Icons aren't neccessary, but they can lend a face to the event and, for us, give an immersive backstory thats fun to along with(sometimes at least).

I was holding back on telling everyone all the codes... I figured you might want to figure them out on your own. But seeing as it is being discussed on multiple sites... I don't want everyone to be in the dark. So here are all the cards on the table at this point.

Here are the answers to the 7 cryptic clues. I spoiler tagged them if you don't want to know (like anyone is NOT going to press those buttons :P )

1 - Vincent is a very interesting name -

Alice Cooper

2 - Pyramids -

Silent Hill

3 - Winnebago -

The Walking Dead

4 - Sometimes when im joking, I'm being quite serious -

Penn & Teller

5 - Waterspouts -

A gargoyle based house

6 - 19th Century -

A classic victorian haunted house

7 - Photograph -

A dead Exposure based house... not a sequel... but could easily be "Classic"

Also: A dual run house is highly unlikely at this point (yes that would be 7 straight houses).

No word on an icon. (At this point I'm thinking a T.V. actor or actress if at all... But that is purely spec.)

• Like 6

They also said no more movie houses, and then The Thing showed up the very next year. So at this point, it's probably a safe bet to never say never. Not saying they will use the Usher again (although I'd be cool with it, as I missed XIX), but it's clear there are some differences in vision between A&D and the higher ups.

This is an excellent point. There is no such thing as "never" or "won't" and anything could happen. How many people have sworn that the number of houses would "absolutly never" decrease? Well, welcome to "never".

• Like 1

JWFearman, what does the photograph one really mean? You can message me or whatever to avoid spoiling, Im just super confused from this answer... I dont know what it means...

Well people take what is said as Gospel. They say "8 and 6 are the magic numbers"... So we will never have less than 8 and 6.

"A new age of darkness" means never going to have anything from years past.

Actually I don't think I ever heard officially heard that there would be no movie houses. I did hear unoffically they were going in the direction of more original content.... which they dis. But I guess that translated to "no movie houses" and that really makes no sense if you think about it. Sure I like the orignal content houses better in general. But movies are what Universal is about. The whole park is movies and the tag line is "ride the movies"... I expect at least some movies. I just don't want all of them to be movies.

I liked the Thing last year... the IPS from '09 and as much as I gripe about HHN 07... Several of my top 20 houses come from that year... three of which were movies.

I guess people should realize that it is a buisness... and that A&D are not fully in charge. They are the artists... but not the ultimate decision makers.

Decisions are made all the time where they have to reinvent what is being done. For example AWIL and also the SS 44 debalce from this year... But Cindy, Eddie, Jack, Fear.... all were either the result of (or scrapped because of) changes to their plans.

Jeramy I really wish you hadn't revealed all this so early on, there were reasons for being cryptic. Especially for things that may still be in a proposal stage.

But I of all people should know... you can't put a cat back in a bag.

I didn't... it is all over other boards at this point and many here had figured it out. I hear you though and it bothers me that all of that was revealed. I just believe once its out... its out... might as well level the playing field.

I didn't... it is all over other boards at this point and many here had figured it out. I hear you though and it bothers me that all of that was revealed. I just believe once its out... its out... might as well level the playing field.

Just looked over there and saw what you mean. I just hope that my sources don't dry up now.

Just looked over there and saw what you mean. I just hope that my sources don't dry up now.

Well mine as well... : /

Already lost one huge one this year... due to someone else.

But.. clues are clues and a riddle is meant to be solved I guess.

Based on #1 and #4, it seems less likely to me we will get a traditional icon.

I don't think you pay "guest stars" of that magnitude without featuring them prominently in the advertising, which almost defeats the point of an icon.

Also, it's a shame there will be no dual run house--P&T seem like an obvious choice for that.

I was holding back on telling everyone all the codes... I figured you might want to figure them out on your own. But seeing as it is being discussed on multiple sites... I don't want everyone to be in the dark. So here are all the cards on the table at this point.

Here are the answers to the 7 cryptic clues. I spoiler tagged them if you don't want to know (like anyone is NOT going to press those buttons :P )

1 - Vincent is a very interesting name -

Alice Cooper

2 - Pyramids -

Silent Hill

3 - Winnebago -

The Walking Dead

4 - Sometimes when im joking, I'm being quite serious -

Penn & Teller

5 - Waterspouts -

A gargoyle based house

6 - 19th Century -

A classic victorian haunted house

7 - Photograph -

A dead Exposure based house... not a sequel... but could easily be "Classic"

Also: A dual run house is highly unlikely at this point (yes that would be 7 straight houses).

No word on an icon. (At this point I'm thinking a T.V. actor or actress if at all... But that is purely spec.)

If that's this years line up of houses (and I don't think it is) then I'd be very disappointed. You look at those as a whole and it's doesn't get your pulse rating. It's not saying Jimmys clues or hints are accurate at this point although I'm sure at least one is correct. I think Jimmy was wise not come out and declare them set as this years houses at this point in case his "sources" are wrong. Looking at that list it just seems disjointed and all over the place. My gut feeling is it just don't look right. I could be wrong but until I have more firm information I'm going to treat this as unsubstantiated speculation.

• Like 1

If that's this years line up of houses (and I don't think it is) then I'd be very disappointed. You look at those as a whole and it's doesn't get your pulse rating. It's not saying Jimmys clues or hints are accurate at this point although I'm sure at least one is correct. I think Jimmy was wise not come out and declare them set as this years houses at this point in case his "sources" are wrong. Looking at that list it just seems disjointed and all over the place. My gut feeling is it just don't look right. I could be wrong but until I have more firm information I'm going to treat this as unsubstantiated speculation.

Only a couple are still in the proposal stage. There's a reason five clues didn't change.

Based on #1 and #4, it seems less likely to me we will get a traditional icon.

I don't think you pay "guest stars" of that magnitude without featuring them prominently in the advertising, which almost defeats the point of an icon.

Also, it's a shame there will be no dual run house--P&T seem like an obvious choice for that.

I would'nt be so sure about that. When Jason, Freddy, and Leatherface was featured in 2007 there was still an icon but were still featured in advertisment. Same as Chucky, Jigsaw, and The Wolfman.

I completely agree, and if there's a penn and teller house I'll personally be very disappointed none of those houses sound horrifying lol it sounds like a big crappy publicity stunt to see how many celebrities we can get involved, I'd like to see Alice cooper an twd but p&t is just lame. If all of these assumptions are correct I'd be very surprised and unhappy but I still feel like we're missing part of the puzzle here there's no way usf is going to leave us with such crap house concepts, it almost sounds like a&d had no say like they were just like who's famous? Well p&t are big and but they aren't to big to where we have I pay an arm and a leg and Alice cooper went well in Cali. Ok what scares people? Ghosts! Boo! Done there's hhn 22. I don't think we're getting that there's something we are missing

• Like 3

Keep in mind these are just very basic descriptions. they don't encompass the scope of the houses and how it will translate at the event. Such is the nature of leaked info. It isn't a complete picture. Yeah 1 and 4 don't thrill me but I don't know the details. 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 have a lot of potential. Being as the last three are not based on IPS even more so.

How did creatures, IT, DE, Doomsday, ST, The Hallow, and ROF connect out of context? They didnt.

Like wise if you described the In between as "Demons and a ouija board" it doens't really do it justice.

That is why I don't like too much info released early. IT's partial and incomplete. I posted it because its going around now and I want to keep everyone informed... There are stil more details that are secret and many that are largely unknown. Not to mention some ideas can and will change. Just take it for what it is... sketchy details... and keep an open mind.

• Like 4