HHN 22 Speculation

it almost sounds like a&d had no say

You're starting to get it.

A&D doesn't have a lot of say. They are a small part of Entertainment, which is a part of Operations. Nightingales weren't created strictly because A&D wanted it; Marketing said they wanted a, "Female Body Collectors," to franchise.

A&D doesn't run HHN. They design it. Huge difference.

• Like 1

Only a couple are still in the proposal stage. There's a reason five clues didn't change.

Again that's presuming that the information that the clues are based upon is correct. If it's not it all falls apart. At this point with construction underway I'd be surprised if any of the houses are still in the proposal stage other than the one that was supposed to be in SS44. These houses take months of designing, planning, C.A.D models, costuming, mask making not to mention approval by those in charge. Much of that is done or at least started long before they begin construction. The initial ideas for houses are discussed and debated as far back as last October. I'm pretty sure A&D know, and have known for ages what the houses will be. As to anyone else....not so sure.

Ugh...no no no no no.

I don't want my first year to be the year without an Icon OR a comedy house. >_<

And I definitely don't want it to be a year entirely made of crappy product tie-in houses.

Eff eff eff eff eff eff eff

EDIT: Sorry about hollow ranting here. :T

Edited by Pirka
  • Like 1

Again that's presuming that the information that the clues are based upon is correct. If it's not it all falls apart. At this point with construction underway I'd be surprised if any of the houses are still in the proposal stage other than the one that was supposed to be in SS44. These houses take months of designing, planning, C.A.D models, costuming, mask making not to mention approval by those in charge. Much of that is done or at least started long before they begin construction. The initial ideas for houses are discussed and debated as far back as last October. I'm pretty sure A&D know, and have known for ages what the houses will be. As to anyone else....not so sure.

Simple concepts are simple. Layouts likely won't change.

Predesigned properties are Predesigned. Hard work is done.

surprised if any of the houses are still in the proposal stage other than the one that was supposed to be in SS44.

There was suposedly complications with another but details are unknown. However, your're right. If the information the Doc, I, and other are receving is a mislead.... then it does fall apart. I guess we will see what happens.

I don't want my first year to be the year without an Icon OR a comedy house. >_<

It's way too early to know if there is an icon and/or a comedy house.

If that's this years line up of houses (and I don't think it is) then I'd be very disappointed. You look at those as a whole and it's doesn't get your pulse rating. It's not saying Jimmys clues or hints are accurate at this point although I'm sure at least one is correct. I think Jimmy was wise not come out and declare them set as this years houses at this point in case his "sources" are wrong. Looking at that list it just seems disjointed and all over the place. My gut feeling is it just don't look right. I could be wrong but until I have more firm information I'm going to treat this as unsubstantiated speculation.

ill tell right now im only happy with 2,3, and 6.. the other ones i hope they scrap

I completely agree, and if there's a penn and teller house I'll personally be very disappointed none of those houses sound horrifying lol it sounds like a big crappy publicity stunt to see how many celebrities we can get involved, I'd like to see Alice cooper an twd but p&t is just lame. If all of these assumptions are correct I'd be very surprised and unhappy but I still feel like we're missing part of the puzzle here there's no way usf is going to leave us with such crap house concepts, it almost sounds like a&d had no say like they were just like who's famous? Well p&t are big and but they aren't to big to where we have I pay an arm and a leg and Alice cooper went well in Cali. Ok what scares people? Ghosts! Boo! Done there's hhn 22. I don't think we're getting that there's something we are missing

I respect everyone's opinions but I say I have to disagree with these feelings about thinking this year will suck, If this ends up being the line up I think it would be a really good line up, I don't think is going to be that bad, really the only house I would think is dumb and not like is Penn & Teller (which might be the comedy house anyway, the only one in the list that sounds like it will be comedy house of the year, so is not even that big of a deal)

Walking Dead, we already knew and most people are happy about it,

silent hill fans have been wanting this house for ages now, a lot of us wanted this to happen, the game is super creppy, it has HHN material written all over it, this would be a really great house, just thinking of the costumes and the sets alone makes it sound like it would be amazing, I think it would really cool, if it does happen it would be my most anticipated house for me,

5,6,7 we have no idea what they are, they could be really good houses, plus they are original ideas, I thought that's what everyone wanted it, original ideas, Dead Exposure was the one house that made me scream, I always get scared but never screamed, Dead exposure freaked me out, I think only 2 houses could be disappointing, 1 and 4, the rest could be great, I don't see why those clues have to mean disappointing and bad houses, I don't see it yet, I think is a great line up actually, I am even Exited about clue 1 actually,

I kinda hope we do get some of these houses, i do not care for Penn & Teller

is funny because Scarezone 7 seems like it was a clue to the house number, while the music in Grown evil was another clue for the house this year lol

Edited by black mask
  • Like 1

If this line-up is indeed the final list of what houses we'll be seeing this year, I honestly don't know how I feel about it. I'm really not a fan of an Alice Cooper or P&T house. I guess it ultimately comes down to the execution. And I doubt that Photograph will have anything to do with Dead Exposure, as we already have a zombie house. Unless they're doing two, which seems very silly.

I'll wait to see how these houses all take shape, and a couple sound like they have some potential. I will wait until we know more to make a judgement, as these could end up being pretty good. But for now, this honestly has lowered my expectations and excitement for the event a bit, especially with what could have been done. There's a feeling of a lot of missed opportunity this year.

• Like 1

Apparently the Alice Cooper house was great in USH, so I'm excited for that.

And I'm a huge fan of Penn and Teller. They always put out quality stuff so I'm excited there.

The others sound like they could be winners as well. Silent Hill games have a terrific setting and are exceptionally creepy. Last year was my first year so I didn't get to experience Dead Exposure, but from reading about it it sounded terrifying and a great concept. Gargoyles offers a good place for some "Which one is the scareactor and which is fake?" scares. Walking Dead, while I dislike the show, is a great comic.

For one thing, can we all PLEASE remember this is SPECULATION!!! Just because they have sources and apparently extremely credible sources does not change the fact that these "Sources" probably dont make the decisions, I would be surprised honestly if someone that has anything to do with HHN is just sitting around telling us fanboys the house names/concepts! Just thinking about that makes me feel dumb, someone isnt going to risk their job to tell a select group of fans the event. Maybe just maybe someone gave us a bone with the Walking Dead, but we could have/did figure that one out on our own. Now Im not saying the clues are wrong maybe I am completely wrong and someone in A&D is telling the Dr. and JW all about the houses but Im just saying until Universal has OFFICIALLY confirmed these lets not freak out, whether you think these are bad or good lets all just rememeber there could be worse and there could be better. I think we have all seen better and worse ideas at HHN ourselves so lets all just calm down!

Also my brother just got finished watching a video on horrornightscollectors website from a Q&A with A&D in November of last year and near the end he said that one of them said they already had six houses completed and were working the other TWO houses to be done by Christmas, I am just wondering if they were confirming 8? or not? what do you all think?

Edited by MMMU
  • Like 1

Just to clarify it isn't a sqeuel to DE... no zombies.

I could see the P&T house just being a twisted magic house with Penn and Teller doing the foreword... maybe popping up to get face time. If done right, I don't think it would be bad. Kind of a comedy gore house.

I actually had an idea for a twisted magician icon a couple years ago... so I think it could definitely work.

But Chris came up with a good representation of what the layout might look like... even if the parade is stil run.

EhKIU.jpg

But Chris came up with a good representation of what the layout might look like... even if the parade is stil run.

Based on that map, you think there could only be 5 SZ's this year? Or would there maybe be a 6th SZ that roams? I'm also curious what the third show (S2) listed on that map would be...

Lagoon show, B&T, and yeah a show like death drums. It actually was pretty popular.. even though I didn't care for it.

5 scare zones can really only be logically placed ATM... and Shrek alley is kind of iffy. But many are thinking roaming scare zones.

But he also didn't label the 6th as he was undecided where to put it. It was between world expo and kidzone.

To compensate for the parade... NY & Hollywood could have fog and roaming scareactors to make up for the dead space.

Those who are wondering about when houses are designed. Yes Aiello confirmed at the tweet-up during HHN 21 that there were several house ideas already suggested for 22. They ususally have something like 10 to 14 house concepts by the end of the year and then begin pairing them down to 8.

Other factors come into play. Without revealing any more truly sensitive information here, let us just say that the 8 houses they had planned are all not necessarily the same as the 7 houses we will now expect to see. One house was, I believe, lost when they could no longer use one of the traditional sound stages. Then they found themselves having to change many after the approval process early this year.

Finally for reasons involving the loss of sound stage 44 and other matters two more houses had to be changed.

Obviously, when a change occurs a new house has to then be designed. They are likely designing the two newest houses even as i type this.

• Like 1

Lagoon show, B&T, and yeah a show like death drums. It actually was pretty popular.. even though I didn't care for it.

5 scare zones can really only be logically placed ATM... and Shrek alley is kind of iffy. But many are thinking roaming scare zones.

But he also didn't label the 6th as he was undecided where to put it. It was between world expo and kidzone.

To compensate for the parade... NY & Hollywood could have fog and roaming scareactors to make up for the dead space.

I didn't care for Death Drums either. But you're right it was popular.

I hope that they don't do only roaming scarezones.

Without revealing any more truly sensitive information here, let us just say that the 8 houses they had planned are all not necessarily the same as the 7 houses we will now expect to see. One house was, I believe, lost when they could no longer use one of the traditional sound stages. Then they found themselves having to change many after the approval process early this year.

Finally for reasons involving the loss of sound stage 44 and other matters two more houses had to be changed.

It's too bad things happened this way. As someone mentioned a couple weeks ago, I saw the video from last year's tweet up where one of the presenters on stage said that this year would be his favorite year. Now I can't help but wonder what was being planned at that point versus what we have now.

what does that mean?

Most likely, someone in management said no.

I saw the video from last year's tweet up where one of the presenters on stage said that this year would be his favorite year. Now I can't help but wonder what was being planned at that point versus what we have now.

He says that every year. He also says it before anything has been proposed or approved. Last year's tweet-up was likely before they had even had a meeting about this year.

And we'll go with management saying, "No." That's the cleanest possible explanation,

Keep in mind these are just very basic descriptions. they don't encompass the scope of the houses and how it will translate at the event. Such is the nature of leaked info. It isn't a complete picture. Yeah 1 and 4 don't thrill me but I don't know the details. 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 have a lot of potential. Being as the last three are not based on IPS even more so.

How did creatures, IT, DE, Doomsday, ST, The Hallow, and ROF connect out of context? They didnt.

Like wise if you described the In between as "Demons and a ouija board" it doens't really do it justice.

That is why I don't like too much info released early. IT's partial and incomplete. I posted it because its going around now and I want to keep everyone informed... There are stil more details that are secret and many that are largely unknown. Not to mention some ideas can and will change. Just take it for what it is... sketchy details... and keep an open mind.

indeed. It happens often. Specifics and scope are very rare.