HHN 22 Speculation

If Shrek, Jimmy Neutron and E.T. were open in 2006 and 2007 and The Simpsons has been for every subsequent year than Despicable Me will be open in 2012.

I'm pretty sure they haven't opened Shrek, Neutron or ET since then because they draw nobody in. Simpsons appeals to an older audience WAY MORE than Despicable does.

I have a few thoughts about some of the possible houses this year. For the Penn and Teller house I was thinking what if it wasn't a Penn and Teller house per say but a original house with an original story developed by them with their signature touches. My prediction on the photograph house I was thinking that this is the icon house and the Icon was a parparazzi.

• Like 1

Despicable Me will be open for the event. It's the new ride for the year and is a merchandise seller.

If they have a scarezone between Despicable Me and Shrek I don't think they will have DM open. There would be way too much traffic in that area. Plus with the SS queue's starting there. It would be Mayhem!! No pun intended

Could they fit a sixth sz in kid zone near an entrance to the tent house or would that not work due to it being a kid friendly area?

We've seen a SZ in the fork between Central Park, Animal Actors and KZ and it was a clusterfuck. They probably couldn't get it any closer to KZ due to the entrances to the queues of those houses.

Could they fit a sixth sz in kid zone near an entrance to the tent house or would that not work due to it being a kid friendly area?

They have had scarezones in front of the Animal Actors stadium in the past so it would be possible.

My thoughts on themes for the houses:

Silent hill - A walkthrough based on the upcoming movie. You would have to have the classic Silent Hill sign, ash covered town, The lakeside carnival, the hospital, and possibly the mall. the air raid horn is a must and a trasition effect from the fog world to the other world would be awesome. The nurses, and pyramid Head, and Robbie the Rabbit are a must. Missonary, Valltiel, Insane Cancer... are other possibilites. (hard to say I don't know what's in the movie). The split worm and the closers would be sick!

if there's a Silent Hill house I will joy puke my face off. You have no idea.

• Like 2

We've seen a SZ in the fork between Central Park, Animal Actors and KZ and it was a clusterfuck. They probably couldn't get it any closer to KZ due to the entrances to the queues of those houses.

they put acid assult by the thing entrance last year an i thought it worked but thats just what i think.

Edited by HHN_FREAK0524

I personally do not believe Despicable Me will be open. Universal tends to keep attractions open that appeal to that crowd. I just don't feel like it would get a big draw in the HHN crowd. I'm sure all of us would love to ride it, but I wouldn't exactly classify us with the general public.

I'm probably wrong, as it is a new attraction. But that's just my 2 cents.

If they have a scarezone between Despicable Me and Shrek I don't think they will have DM open. There would be way too much traffic in that area. Plus with the SS queue's starting there. It would be Mayhem!! No pun intended

While I really want them to open Despicable me and I have some hopes, I have to agree with these comments, I can see them Not opening it if they put a scarezone or something, or just because it doesn't go well with HHN

If Shrek, Jimmy Neutron and E.T. were open in 2006 and 2007 and The Simpsons has been for every subsequent year than Despicable Me will be open in 2012.

those rides were open in 2007 for real? I had zero idea, I would have gone in the rides if I knew, I never saw any people or lines by ET or Shrek, what the hell? cant believe this.

So I am fairly new to Halloween Horror nights as I have only attended the past two years, and this year is the first year i've been following the forum. Normally, I'd just read everyone else's comments as to not make a fool of myself for not having any idea of what I'm talking about, but I saw this trailer today and in my head Dr. Jimmy's "photograph" clue kept repeating in my head. Thought I'd share it with everyone to add to the speculation.

[media=]

Given the fact that Universal Studios Home Entertainment is the video distributor for Summit Entertainment, I feel as if it could be a possibility for the "photograph" house.

• Like 1

The parade goes through there. Really don't think a scarezone will be there.

I forgot, unless they do a roaming zone... <_<

So I am fairly new to Halloween Horror nights as I have only attended the past two years, and this year is the first year i've been following the forum. Normally, I'd just read everyone else's comments as to not make a fool of myself for not having any idea of what I'm talking about, but I saw this trailer today and in my head Dr. Jimmy's "photograph" clue kept repeating in my head. Thought I'd share it with everyone to add to the speculation.

[media=]

Given the fact that Universal Studios Home Entertainment is the video distributor for Summit Entertainment, I feel as if it could be a possibility for the "photograph" house.

LOL, they might as well just forget about the New Age of Darkness and Bring the Usher back as the Icon :lol: :lol:

that movie does look really cool, and creepy, looks good, a house based on that would be pretty scary,

Haven't heard of that movie before, thanks for sharing. It does look super creepy :-)

In regards to the Dead Exposure type house, I would love to see a concept based on the old Fatal Frame games. The tricky part would be capturing the element of the game that made it scary though (the only way to fend off the ghosts was to view them through your camera and snap a picture).

Maybe they could do something with the scareactors only appearing when a strobe goes off in a detailed, yet pretty darkened maze. Seeing a room of scareactors for a second during a flash and then not being able to see them again until the next flash could really amp up the paranoia and anxiety needed to pull of a concept like that (similar to the effect they used in Dead Exposure but with more actors).

This is also something that made Terror Mines so cool (I was lucky enough to have a helmet almost every time through). Seeing the ghost (or creature in that case) briefly and then being in the dark, knowing it is still in there with you and hearing it move around you, really did a number on my nerves and brought a tension I have yet to experience again at Horror Nights (other than the incline on Rockit).

If the rumor holds true, I am looking forward to seeing what they do with the concept.

• Like 1

Just because Universal distributes a certain film does not necessarily mean that they own the current rights to use it as a theme park attraction, even at a temporary seasonal event. For example let us look a film such as An American Werewolf in London. Distributed by Universal the actual rights originally belonged to the production companies PolyGram Filmed Entertainment and Lycanthrope Films. PolyGram was bought out by Universal in the late 1990s and no longer exists, but Lycanthrope was a company set up by John Landis just for this one picture. After PolyGram's demise the rights all reverted to Landis. Complicating the matter is the fact that Landis sold the remake rights a couple of years ago to the Weinstein's Dimension company. Thus it would seem that the film would be readily available for HHN adaptation, but actually there would be a negotiation necessary before such a house could be presented at the event.

Whether or not that has anything to do with certain plans having been changed is of course purely speculative. But the point is that films distributed and released under the Universal banner often still require some need for rights for HHN use to be paid for.

• Like 1

If Universal does a tenth of what they did in the Silent Hill house in Brea, Ca a few years ago, then it should be incredible. I never saw the movie or played the game before going to the Brea house, so I had no idea what to expect. I left there dragging my jaw behind me, and immediately rented the movie.

They were very true to the fllm, and each of the odd creatures from it was in the movie. The only thing they excluded was the climax - which would have required a massive room. At one point you entered a small closed room and the Giant Knife shot out of the wall and waved in all directions about a foot from your face. They built a huge robotic arm that made it look like someone was shoving the knife into the room from the other side of the wall, and blindly trying to stab at people. This thing was about 12 feet long. Amazing.

So why am I going into such detail? Well, the Brea house also did Saw a couple of years earlier and the designer of both met with Universal back then and many of the Saw props and sets you saw in Orlando came directly from the Brea house. So perhaps some of the Silent Hill sets were shipped over.... Unfortunately, I know for a fact that the robotic arm for the Great Knife was sold to the Queen Mary, and is now used there to float a demon out over a swimming pool.

Whether or not that has anything to do with certain plans having been changed is of course purely speculative. But the point is that films distributed and released under the Universal banner often still require some need for rights for HHN use to be paid for.

Interesting law school hypothetical there, Dr. Jimmy. Out of curiosity, if you found yourself in that situation, would you scramble to obtain the rights to a movie and/or video game quickly, rather than just creating a new theme? Or would you have just been sitting on those rights all along as a contingency plan or something?

If HoS gets the rights to use Stephen King's books as houses before Universal does, I'll be veryyyy upset.

Considering I heard rumors earlier this year (from WoD employees) that BG was contemplating dropping the event due to lack of revenue, not sure where they'd get the money. Then again, maybe this is a "go big or go home" play--but I just find that hard to believe.

If Universal does a tenth of what they did in the Silent Hill house in Brea, Ca a few years ago, then it should be incredible. I never saw the movie or played the game before going to the Brea house, so I had no idea what to expect. I left there dragging my jaw behind me, and immediately rented the movie.

They were very true to the fllm, and each of the odd creatures from it was in the movie. The only thing they excluded was the climax - which would have required a massive room. At one point you entered a small closed room and the Giant Knife shot out of the wall and waved in all directions about a foot from your face. They built a huge robotic arm that made it look like someone was shoving the knife into the room from the other side of the wall, and blindly trying to stab at people. This thing was about 12 feet long. Amazing.

So why am I going into such detail? Well, the Brea house also did Saw a couple of years earlier and the designer of both met with Universal back then and many of the Saw props and sets you saw in Orlando came directly from the Brea house. So perhaps some of the Silent Hill sets were shipped over.... Unfortunately, I know for a fact that the robotic arm for the Great Knife was sold to the Queen Mary, and is now used there to float a demon out over a swimming pool.

there are pictures of the Silent Hill house online, where I dont know, I remember seeing them, they had mannequins dressed as the nurses, I did not know saw props came from there that is a great trivia info, that's pretty cool, and, if they do Silent hill I will be really happy, very excited,

Interesting law school hypothetical there, Dr. Jimmy. Out of curiosity, if you found yourself in that situation, would you scramble to obtain the rights to a movie and/or video game quickly, rather than just creating a new theme? Or would you have just been sitting on those rights all along as a contingency plan or something?

Considering I heard rumors earlier this year (from WoD employees) that BG was contemplating dropping the event due to lack of revenue, not sure where they'd get the money. Then again, maybe this is a "go big or go home" play--but I just find that hard to believe.

BG to Drop HOS? Nooo!!!!! :o can you imagine what the crowds would be if HHN would be the only one? it would suck! well, I think, they are both the only big Halloween events here, I don't know if it would be a big deal, and Uni would probably be happy being the only one (until someone else opens another event I dont know) I didn't know HOS didnt bring money, I always thought a lot of people went,

I don't think they would get the rights to those movies, I Don't see how, would they just make knock off versions?

1st post here. Greetings all. I just had to add something that I noticed in the trailer of the movie Sinister which was posted and commented on earlier. Anyone else notice that the symbol representing the creature in the movie is basically two 2's facing one another?