HHN 22 Speculation

Those who are wondering about when houses are designed. Yes Aiello confirmed at the tweet-up during HHN 21 that there were several house ideas already suggested for 22. They ususally have something like 10 to 14 house concepts by the end of the year and then begin pairing them down to 8.

Other factors come into play. Without revealing any more truly sensitive information here, let us just say that the 8 houses they had planned are all not necessarily the same as the 7 houses we will now expect to see. One house was, I believe, lost when they could no longer use one of the traditional sound stages. Then they found themselves having to change many after the approval process early this year.

Finally for reasons involving the loss of sound stage 44 and other matters two more houses had to be changed.

Obviously, when a change occurs a new house has to then be designed. They are likely designing the two newest houses even as i type this.

Well if all that is true it doesn't bode well for this years event. The majority of the houses thrown together at the last minute. Speculation that due to the parade scarezones will be simplified or worse roaming. Great where do I sign up lol? Somebody post some good news for pity sake

• Like 1

actually I agree last minute houses sounds like trouble to me, I mean, yeah they will do a good job but they might not be as good as houses planned in advance who knows,

the thing that is worrying me the most, the thing that is making me feel negative is the scarezones, sounds like we are going to get poor scarezones, I wish it wasn't that way,

Color me optimistic, but I'm thinking it was, oh, '98, '99, around there, when they started having "just" fog and actors in the general NY area in front of Kong. I realize it was new to me at the time, but I thoroughly enjoyed it there. With respect, our actors do an awesome job with whatever they are handed, and if a "fog/actor" only area can work there in the late nineties, I have faith it would be even better now. Roll out a couple of moveable, non-descript props for them to hide behind (there has to be quite a bit collecting dust backstage) and turn them loose in the fog, maybe a touch of special lighting from existing installations, and some appropriate soundtracks, and I think we would have a fun area. Dress some up as tourists, some as photographers, maybe some dead guy cops and security - I'd have fun.

Ideal? Heck, no, not even close. But I think the performers could end up surprising many of us with what they can come up with.

• Like 1

Color me optimistic, but I'm thinking it was, oh, '98, '99, around there, when they started having "just" fog and actors in the general NY area in front of Kong. I realize it was new to me at the time, but I thoroughly enjoyed it there. With respect, our actors do an awesome job with whatever they are handed, and if a "fog/actor" only area can work there in the late nineties, I have faith it would be even better now. Roll out a couple of moveable, non-descript props for them to hide behind (there has to be quite a bit collecting dust backstage) and turn them loose in the fog, maybe a touch of special lighting from existing installations, and some appropriate soundtracks, and I think we would have a fun area. Dress some up as tourists, some as photographers, maybe some dead guy cops and security - I'd have fun.

Ideal? Heck, no, not even close. But I think the performers could end up surprising many of us with what they can come up with.

well they always do that with the Chainsaw guys, they put them in a street with no props to scare people, and while that works for a quick fix when they need to occupy dead space, I would hate it if is an actual zone, like in 2009, that was not one of my favorite zones, the actors were great, but, yeah i didn't really like it, and that one even had the movie set props,

I really like the zones and when the zones are disappointing that makes me sad,

whatever they are building in Jaws and in the other building better be worth it... better me amazing.. -_-

New York... silent hill monsters... ash covered cars...

Instant silent hill sz.... just add fog

Okay, Silent Hill newb question. I've been aware of Silent Hill for awhile, but only tried to play the first one and couldn't get anywhere (I love gaming, I also stink at gaming). Haven't seen the film. For self education, what do you think would be most helpful - film or games?

Personally Ive always found the games extremely difficult, although I do enjoy the scenery/story I always prefered watching my buddy play it instead of playing it myself, I would recomend youtubing famous scenes and see if that gets you in the mood

Just shedding a little light on a couple things... :D

With some members saying about last minute houses won't be as good or anything and some other members saying that A&D doesn't run HHN they only design it. Listen between 1:05 through 1:10 and between 6:55 and 7:31 on the video. Hopefully this clears up a things... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5BHbCk6_Jc&feature=player_detailpage

• Like 1

Okay, Silent Hill newb question. I've been aware of Silent Hill for awhile, but only tried to play the first one and couldn't get anywhere (I love gaming, I also stink at gaming). Haven't seen the film. For self education, what do you think would be most helpful - film or games?

Personally Ive always found the games extremely difficult, although I do enjoy the scenery/story I always prefered watching my buddy play it instead of playing it myself, I would recomend youtubing famous scenes and see if that gets you in the mood

I think watching the movie first is good, the movie is short and they got the look right, I wouldnt be surprised if some rooms of the house would look like the movie,

Some people have posted the entire game on youtube, I know Resident evil 2 and 3 are there complete, I do this as well, I dont play a lot of games but i go and look at videos of people playing,

• Like 1

Sh3 game... the new movie and the first mivie. (out in October based on SH3). The meanings are very deep the games. If you look up the silent hill wiki it explains a lot of the symbology as well as pics of all of the monsters/characters.

• Like 1

Another interesting tidbit I just found while being bored, HHN Singapore had two houses last year in the descriptions of each I noticed two coincidental things in them... the first house called Pestilence was set in the 19th century and the second house called Vengence of the Matriarch was set in a haunted mansion! just found that funny...

Just shedding a little light on a couple things... :D

With some members saying about last minute houses won't be as good or anything and some other members saying that A&D doesn't run HHN they only design it. Listen between 1:05 through 1:10 and between 6:55 and 7:31 on the video. Hopefully this clears up a things... :)

Heh, I'm in that.

It's also ten years old. Don't take how they did things then to be how they do things now.

I respect everyone's opinions but I say I have to disagree with these feelings about thinking this year will suck, If this ends up being the line up I think it would be a really good line up, I don't think is going to be that bad, really the only house I would think is dumb and not like is Penn & Teller (which might be the comedy house anyway, the only one in the list that sounds like it will be comedy house of the year, so is not even that big of a deal)

Walking Dead, we already knew and most people are happy about it,

silent hill fans have been wanting this house for ages now, a lot of us wanted this to happen, the game is super creppy, it has HHN material written all over it, this would be a really great house, just thinking of the costumes and the sets alone makes it sound like it would be amazing, I think it would really cool, if it does happen it would be my most anticipated house for me,

5,6,7 we have no idea what they are, they could be really good houses, plus they are original ideas, I thought that's what everyone wanted it, original ideas, Dead Exposure was the one house that made me scream, I always get scared but never screamed, Dead exposure freaked me out, I think only 2 houses could be disappointing, 1 and 4, the rest could be great, I don't see why those clues have to mean disappointing and bad houses, I don't see it yet, I think is a great line up actually, I am even Exited about clue 1 actually,

I kinda hope we do get some of these houses, i do not care for Penn & Teller

is funny because Scarezone 7 seems like it was a clue to the house number, while the music in Grown evil was another clue for the house this year lol

I see where you're coming from and not that I think this year will suck, I just feel like some of the clues dr jimmy gave us are just to mess with us. Sure we have 7 houses 7 clues but I still think this maniacal mastermind is doing what he does best and that is turning our brains upside down and screwing with us cause well it's funny lol I don't think all his clues have to do with houses. And for the record the only one I'm against is p&t lol I love the Victorian style house and the facade of a 19th century gargoyle cathedral type house makes me want it and Alice is a mad man, that would be great... I just think p&t are lame

Lol 19th century victorian house not gargoyles Lol gargoyles are much older

Heh, I'm in that.

It's also ten years old. Don't take how they did things then to be how they do things now.

I know it's 10 yrs old I was simply just trying to clarify a couple things. Sometimes people like to hear things directly from the horses mouth ... :)

New York... silent hill monsters... ash covered cars...

Instant silent hill sz.... just add fog

As a matter of fact when I waltzed through Acid Assault last year, all I could think of was how awesome a Silent Hill scarezone could be done. Projections, a nice haze, creepy monsters, ash covered everything, and my radio getting louder every time Im close to a monster lol. I dont care what this year brings, Im going and Im gonna have fun no matter what. Its rare when HHN lets you down. Im a vial half full kinda guy. :D

• Like 2

I know it's 10 yrs old I was simply just trying to clarify a couple things. Sometimes people like to hear things directly from the horses mouth ... :)

And the horses have changed. The process has changed. The event, and the company, are much bigger than they were back then. There's more involved, and more invested, in it. That was my point. I've seen massive changes just at the Scareactor level between when that was filmed and the way it's managed now. Do not take a ten-year-old travel documentary as gospel.

• Like 1

I just think p&t are lame

As a magician and a fan of P&T I can repect your view but disagree. I always say if your not a fan of Penn & Teller you just havn't seen enough of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIUgB2jpos&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNQhtTfrdS8

They are great magicians and very smart fun and clever folks if they are associated I promise you it will be great.

I recall one birthday Penn had teller kidnapped and blindfolded and when they pulled the blindfold of there were complete stangers tying him up and putting him in a grave dug in the middle of the nevada desert. If thats what they do to their friends I promise you they would do some terrible things to people they have never met but I don't think there will be a P&T house.

People might not be fans of Penn and Teller just due to their political preferences... though that's getting beside the point.

People worried about Alice Cooper need to question whether they wouldn't be adverse to The Shining showing up. The man is rather important, just like Stephen King, when it comes to overall horror influence in mainstream culture. He's responsible for rock taking on horror imagery across the entire genre, and Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, and many others would not be the same without him. I personally am extremely excited for his house, and my opinion of how this event's going to turn out has improved dramatically.

While the management may still be a total shitshow, the announcement of a Silent Hill house (which I honestly could not believe the first time I saw it), and the promise of some original houses, especially the DE-esque house, has me extremely excited. :3

Edited by Circ

Penn and Teller are awesome. Seriously. The guys are smart and hilarious.

Watch a few episodes of "Bullshit" and tell me different.

Well sure. But "smart" and "hilarious" aren't exactly what I'd be looking for in house material. I guess the problem I'm having is that I can't really see how this translates into a house. I feel like it'd be an awesome show, to be sure, but house? Hmmm.

• Like 1

If these rumors are true, I'd be happy.This will be my second HHN and I love the Walking Dead.Also Alice Cooper is a rock icon and I'm sure he wouldn't put his name on anything craptacular.He is an excellent showman and I'm sure if what they say about the Hollywood attraction is true then we are in for a treat. Of the original house I'm most interested in the Gargolye house. That has tons of potential.Also Sinlent Hill would no doubt be creepy.

As a magician and a fan of P&T I can repect your view but disagree. I always say if your not a fan of Penn & Teller you just havn't seen enough of them.

They are great magicians and very smart fun and clever folks if they are associated I promise you it will be great.

I recall one birthday Penn had teller kidnapped and blindfolded and when they pulled the blindfold of there were complete stangers tying him up and putting him in a grave dug in the middle of the nevada desert. If thats what they do to their friends I promise you they would do some terrible things to people they have never met but I don't think there will be a P&T house.

Lol I'll take your word for it, it's just hard for me to see them in a house.

Warning: rage ahead, need to get it off my chest. Feel free to skip the post entirely. u////u

I'm still in a state of "none of this is what I wanted" right now, but I'm trying to keep up hope...

As I said before, as long as there's at LEAST one good, thought out, original storyline for a house or scare zone I will be happy to experience it. But as it seems right now, I haven't seen TWD, I hate Alice Cooper, and don't even get me started on Penn and Teller (if they replace the Icon somehow for this year, I will never forgive those responsible). Silent Hill is cool, but, again, not original. I guess the Gargoyle thing could be ok, but, with my luck, it's the one they couldn't do.

Unfortunately, as of now, it honestly looks like this year will be a terrible first year for me, especially if the event has no bloody Icon.

If the rumors are true and I have no reason not to believe they are true then I'm both disappointed and excited.

I'm excited for The Walking Dead. As far as I'm concerned it's the best show on TV and I'm all for it.

I'm all for Alice Cooper. He is an icon in metal and he's always been influenced by horror and horror has been influenced by him so I think that house will be cool.

Silent Hill, Meh I don't know. I'll give it a chance but I haven't really played the games. From what I know it has the potential to be a cool house. It's something we've speculated about for years and obviously they've listened. In that aspect I'm happy. I feel they are giving us something a lot of you have wanted for a long time and I'm all for giving the fans what they want.

Gargoyles could be a great house. It's an original idea and I'm all for original. I'm sure the scares will be good in that house. You'll never know what is a prop and what is a scareactor so I really think this house could be good.

Victorian mansion, I'm torn, it could be great but when I think of a Victorian mansion I think 2 story house, we all know they can't do a 2 story house. I think the facade for this will be amazing. As for the rest I just don't know what to think. It's another original idea so I'm looking forward to it.

Dead Exposure I hated the original house and honestly don't care to see it back. It does nothing for me.

That brings me to Penn and Teller. They have nothing to do with horror. Obviously this is the comedy house. It could go either way but I'm leaning towards absolutely hating this idea. They are funny and I love the Bullsh!t show. I just don't see what they bring to a horror themed event/haunted house. Could be good but absolutely does nothing to make me look forward to the event any more.

As a whole I like the ideas except for the 2 I mentioned. What will make the event for me is the scarezones. I read on another site that we may only have one official zone and I really REALLY hope this isn't the case. I hope that info is false. They can easily move props in each night and have 6 zones. If they only have one it will absolutely ruin the overall feel of the event for me. I love the atmosphere and without it, it's just the studios at night with some haunted houses mixed in.