HHN 22 Speculation

JWFearman dropped this line in a post back on page 11:

"Didn't anyone ever tell you that the mouth is the front gate of all misfortune?"

This is a quote from Andrew Davidson's novel "The Gargoyle". I think Troiandan's just nailed the waterspouts clue.

(In that same post, he also dropped the line "Tango Bango", from the low budget horror flick Chupacabra Terror, but that might be a false lead now given the construction mix-ups.)

• Like 1

If the gargoyle speculation is pointing in the right direction, I think of France and then I get a tad excited for a Catacombs: Black Death Rising sequel. That's probably a major stretch and a tad bit of wishful thinking though. :P Hunchback of Notre Dame does seem more feasible.

Edited by blacklagoontaylor

Hunchback of Notre Dame maybe? if i recall correctly, the castle the movies/novel takes place in features gargoyles, right? It could be a subtle clue to that or im way off.

I hate to be "that guy", but Notre Dame is a church. A beatuiful one at that. Was just there in April.

If we're getting a Hunchback house I'll seriously be excited.

• Like 1

I hate to be "that guy", but Notre Dame is a church. A beatuiful one at that. Was just there in April.

If we're getting a Hunchback house I'll seriously be excited.

Ive teen told. I feel stupid now lol. I believe someone posted a pic in 21 spec last year if a member in A&D in France in front of a Cathedral. Possibly early research for this house?

• Like 1

If you are hinting at a possible Silent Hill house, this makes me very happy.

I would probably cry of happiness if this came true. It does indeed fit into the 'pyramids' clue from Dr.Jimmy. Pyramid Head is the most recognizable icon from the game series. I've always thought Silent Hill would make a killer house, all the creatures in the Silent Hill world are terrifying and weird. I do remember seeing somewhere Murdy saying that Silent Hill didn't test well with guests on surveys, but the average person probably has no idea what Silent Hill is about besides the movie. This could potentially be the best year ever in my mind if we got The Walking Dead and Silent Hill.

Edited by Perse

So I have finally caught up on this thread! Whew!!! You people are monsters! :freddy::hanibal::mmyers:

Anyway, a thought I had while reading all the speculation (and it was quickly mentioned by someone else earlier and ignored) is what if this is a TV-themed year? Here's why I've been lead to that conclusion:

• The Walking Dead - this seems to be a foregone conclusion and it would obviously fit into TV.
  • True Blood - was on the survey and also has been speculated
  • Universal is in the midst of remaking The Munsters ("Mockingbird Lane") - could be this year's comedy house while providing some corporate synergy ala last year's The Thing.
  • The clues we got from one of the SS houses: the vortex and "wrong side of the bed" immediately made me think of Poltergeist (when the brother is attacked by the clown and pulled under the bed). Plus, it's 30 years old this year. And how does Carol Anne communicate with the poltergeists? Through the TV.
  • The popularity of HR Bloodengutz last year did not go unnoticed by A&D. He was TV host.
  • The word "WATCH" scrawled across the teaser image. Self explanatory.

I could be totally off base here and it doesn't explain some of the other speculation (Hunchback, 19th Century, Silent Hill) but I do think there might be something there.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

Ahhh, the yearly Silent Hill speculation. Last year, there were some nurse clues around Nightengales and we went on for PAGES about how it was Surely a Silent Hill house. At one point, coupled with some room names from Saws N Steam, there was a whole videogame themed event speculated because of the perceived Bioshock tie in.

Then again, we DID get a Big Daddy-ish apperance at the end of that house...so maybe that was throwing a bone to all those speculating/drooling over the idea...so maybe a Silent Hill house isn't out of the realm of possibility,

Better be a ton of hot nurses if that's the case :)

Ahhh, the yearly Silent Hill speculation. Last year, there were some nurse clues around Nightengales and we went on for PAGES about how it was Surely a Silent Hill house. At one point, coupled with some room names from Saws N Steam, there was a whole videogame themed event speculated because of the perceived Bioshock tie in.

Then again, we DID get a Big Daddy-ish apperance at the end of that house...so maybe that was throwing a bone to all those speculating/drooling over the idea...so maybe a Silent Hill house isn't out of the realm of possibility,

Better be a ton of hot nurses if that's the case :)

saws and steam was (indirectly) based on bioshock, any video game player got that feeling of rapture when u walked up to the beginning facade, also heard interstellor terror was loosely based on dead space which i would have loved to experience.... i also firmly believe zombiegeddon was loosely based on left 4 dead. in some ways and parts.

ok so i have a nice lil bit of information that ALL OF YOU will enjoy... im surprised nobody already did it... DID NONE OF YOU KNOW SILENT HILL : REVELATION 3D IS COMING OUT OCTOBER 26TH THIS YEAR? PERFECT TIMING FOR HHN TO PROMOTE? yes i wet myself when i saw this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Hill:_Revelation_3D and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938330/ if nobody believes me.

saws and steam was (indirectly) based on bioshock, any video game player got that feeling of rapture when u walked up to the beginning facade, also heard interstellor terror was loosely based on dead space which i would have loved to experience.... i also firmly believe zombiegeddon was loosely based on left 4 dead. in some ways and parts.

Ummmm, the Saws N Steam world had ZERO water, that's why they had to extract it from humans. Not at all like Bioshock that takes place underwater. No splicers. No little sisters. One sorta-kinda Big Daddy...which was just a period diving suit. If you saw it as based on Bioshock, that's fine...but it was based on Steampunk and the concept of everything running on steam and running out of water.

Interstellar Terror was based as much on Dead Space as it was Alien, Aliens, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc....it was a generic space house. It was on a space ship with monsters. Again, it and the video game had a simiar theme, but that would be like saying that Stephen King's The Stand novel was plagarizing La Peste simply because it involved a post plague world. They might have similar themes, but couldn't be more different.

Zobmiegeddon was based on every single zombie movie/game ever made. I've played both Left 4 Dead games and if they were based on them, they'd have to have a Boomer somewhere. They'd have to be fighting off the zombies with golf clubs. They'd have to have flashlights. Nowhere in L4D was it even implied that we were catching and domesticating zombies who broke out and took over a complex. Left 4 Dead basically takes place RIGHT after the outbreak when nobody knew what was going on and their sole goal in every level was to get to an extraction zone and get to safety.

Not trying to argue, just saying when people say houses were based off something they clearly weren't, it bugs me. It would be like saying the Dracula house was based off Castlevania because it had a vampire.

• Like 2

I posted this several weeks back to the status update. I also had a movie thread about it in the movie section but after the failure of the site a lot of it got lost in the sauce. Whether the movie has anything to do with halloween horror nights... IDK.

And many houses get many ideas from lots of different sources... it's inspiration... it has to come from somewhere.

But they were not direct representations of the games. There a lot of elements pulled from a lot of different sources. That. Is how creativity works

I posted this several weeks back to the status update. I also had a movie thread about it in the movie section but after the failure of the site a lot of it got lost in the sauce. Weather the movie has anything to do with halloween horror nights... IDK.

shows how much i pay attention... this kind of excites me... i hope and pray this comes true... has HHN ever done anythng to do with Silent Hill?

Interstellar Terror was based on Event Horizon. Dead Space came out after that house was made. I don't remember any monsters in that house. There is a huge debate over whether Bioshock was any influence in Saws n Steam which I see both sides but no matter how many times I went through it (6 times) it always reminded me of Bioshock. I'm really hoping for a Silent Hill house I guess we just have to wait and see. I am confused on one thing, from the spec so far I thought there was hints at a Mayan/Aztec haunt and American Werewolf in London haunt. It sounds like they both aren't going to happen now with the new developments. If they get a new SS to move to, why would they can both, if they were even going to be done in the first place?

With all these rumors, It does seem like this years event has a lot to do with what we see, mainly on TV.

The Walking Dead

Silent Hill

and in a way: Alice Cooper

Don't know how the Pen and Teller house rumor can work.......

But again, having to do with T.V. .... I wonder if they can use H.R.Bloodenguts..... Oh, how my imagination is running wild with ideas...

Edited by Grits0808

Regarding the gargoyles/waterspouts rumor- what if it's not hunchback but a house based around gargoyles? The weeping angels were executed pretty well last year, maybe a house filled with mannequins and scareactors dressed as gargoyles? Just a thought...although I'd love to see a hunchback house too.

• Like 1

With all these rumors, It does seem like this years event has a lot to do with what we see, mainly on TV.

The Walking Dead

Silent Hill

and in a way: Alice Cooper

Don't know how the Pen and Teller house rumor can work.......

But again, having to do with T.V. .... I wonder if they can use H.R.Bloodenguts..... Oh, how my imagination is running wild with ideas...

I have to agree with everyone on this. Even though I am not a huge fan of it, having the big "Watch" on the video on the HHN site, has me believing that this year will be very TV/Movie based. The hints point towards these as well, and with the success of movie houses both here, with the Wolfman, Saw, The Thing etc. and at Hollywood (with even more), maybe this is what Universal wants.

The only thing that confuses me, was this "new era of darkness" idea. Maybe it is just new "remakes?" Ideas that have not been at Orlando but are being remade?

Edited by Sohrin