HHN 22 Speculation

saws and steam was (indirectly) based on bioshock, any video game player got that feeling of rapture when u walked up to the beginning facade, also heard interstellor terror was loosely based on dead space which i would have loved to experience.... i also firmly believe zombiegeddon was loosely based on left 4 dead. in some ways and parts.

wrong, interstellar terror was based on Event Horizon the movie, at least that was the closest, zombiegeddon I really doubt it was based on left 4 dead,

ok so i have a nice lil bit of information that ALL OF YOU will enjoy... im surprised nobody already did it... DID NONE OF YOU KNOW SILENT HILL : REVELATION 3D IS COMING OUT OCTOBER 26TH THIS YEAR? PERFECT TIMING FOR HHN TO PROMOTE? yes i wet myself when i saw this... http://en.wikipedia....:_Revelation_3D and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938330/ if nobody believes me.

I wonder does the movie have any relation to Universal? would they need to promote it? that movie is a Sony movie no?

I wonder if the music used in Grown evil was a clue for this too

I was starting to get my hopes up for a Silent Hill house, but it looks like Silent Hill: Revelation has no dirrect affiliation with NBC Universal, at least that I could find.

Posted this a few weeks ago, back on page 2.

Even though Silent Hill: Revelation has no direct affiliation to NBC Universal, they can always buy the rights to use the movie. ;)

Even though Silent Hill: Revelation has no direct affiliation to NBC Universal, they can always buy the rights to use the movie. ;)

Didn't they have to do that when they used Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface for 2007. And again in 2009 for SAW and Chucky..?
  • Like 1

Didn't they have to do that when they used Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface for 2007. And again in 2009 for SAW and Chucky..?

Yes.

Right... neither is P&T, TWD, or Alice Cooper.

Nor was Saw, Freddy, Jason, TCM, The Crypt Keeper, and many others. Deals are worked all the time and to varying degrees.

On top of that, it wouldn't have to be the movie... could just be the general rights to the game.

• Like 3

Right... neither is P&T, TWD, or Alice Cooper.

Nor was Saw, Freddy, Jason, TCM, The Crypt Keeper, and many others. Deals are worked all the time and to varying degrees.

On top of that, it wouldn't have to be the movie... could just be the general rights to the game.

True.

So then a Silent Hill house is not totally out of the question then... :)

It is quite the possibility, as I would love to see it happen.

While I get that they could go out and get the rights, Silent Hill doesn't have the pull with the GP that properties like Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, and others have, so I'd be wary of expecting something like that.

Would love to see it though.

• Like 2

But again, having to do with T.V. .... I wonder if they can use H.R.Bloodengutz..... Oh, how my imagination is running wild with ideas...

tumblr_lus83wzzkv1qikumy.gif

If this were to happen, they could do anything they want with the rest of the event for all I care.

I'd be surprised if Universal was building a house to promote someone else's product.

While I get that they could go out and get the rights, Silent Hill doesn't have the pull with the GP that properties like Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, and others have, so I'd be wary of expecting something like that.

Would love to see it though.

not only that, but Freddy Leatherface and Jason were not promoting any movies, they were done as stand alone houses, Jason and freddy didn't even follow any movie plot in the house, like Wolfman Dead Silence or The Thing did, Which were promoting movies, Chucky didn't even have to do with any movie at all

that's why I would think is weird, but, I guess like the Walking dead they could promote Silent hill the movie for them? I would love to see Silent Hill, I would love to see what they did, since they got the snow so right in Winter's night, the Silent Hill house could be just like that house but looking like Silent Hill, Add some fog and Pyramid head and it would be so awesome,

I still think it wont happen though,

not only that, but Freddy Leatherface and Jason were not promoting any movies, they were done as stand alone houses, Jason and freddy didn't even follow any movie plot in the house, like Wolfman Dead Silence or The Thing did, Which were promoting movies, Chucky didn't even have to do with any movie at all

that's why I would think is weird, but, I guess like the Walking dead they could promote Silent hill the movie for them? I would love to see Silent Hill, I would love to see what they did, since they got the snow so right in Winter's night, the Silent Hill house could be just like that house but looking like Silent Hill, Add some fog and Pyramid head and it would be so awesome,

I still think it wont happen though,

Interesting isn't it. You mentioning PYRAMID head from the Silent House movie and DR. Jimmy mentioning Pyramids in his Seven Cryptic Statements 2.0 video. Hmmmm... ;)

Just an FYI on Silent Hill:

Silent Hill: Revelations 3D is being distributed in the US by Open Road Films. Open Road titles are distributed in the home entertainment market by Universal Studios Home Entertainment.

Universal Studios Home Entertainment is the home video division of Universal Pictures.USHE is owned by NBCUniversal, the entertainment division of Comcast and General Electric.Lionsgate is distributing the film internationallyThe distribution of selected recent non-in-house films for pay-per-view and on-demand are under the supervision of NBC.

Universal Television Distribution under Universal Pictures (Universal formally held home video and television rights to many of the early Lionsgate films), while all others (particularly the in-house films) are distributed for both cable and broadcast television through Lionsgate's syndicated division.

This means UNI technically does has right to it.

Note: I have been lax about updating the first post in the thread (with being on vacation and no ready access to a computer) I have now updated it to reflect new information we know and are currently speculating upon.

For some reason, I believe this years HHN will be based on the 100 year anniversary of universal manly because it seems very possible to pull off. Seeing how they pulled off 2009's event, I wouldn't be surprised if they did another horror movie themed year. Plus it may be possible they could do a hole "remake the classics" type of event. Remade versions of Frankenstein, Dracula, Phantom, Hunchback, and maybe even something like the Mole People or This island Earth. The only thing I do wonder is could they do tie inns to the remade versions on the Mummy and Wolfman. However whats throws me off is the so cold TWD house. How could that tie in to 100 years of universal? Also, I may be off or wrong here, what if we saw the Usher return. I don't recall A&D saying they would trash there old icons. Plus it could maybe fit in quite well. Also checking the clue words for where the Hercules and Xena house was, did anyone ever think the word "creature pit" could be referring to the Army of Darkness scene with the witch?

For some reason, I believe this years HHN will be based on the 100 year anniversary of universal manly because it seems very possible to pull off. Seeing how they pulled off 2009's event, I wouldn't be surprised if they did another horror movie themed year. Plus it may be possible they could do a hole "remake the classics" type of event. Remade versions of Frankenstein, Dracula, Phantom, Hunchback, and maybe even something like the Mole People or This island Earth. The only thing I do wonder is could they do tie inns to the remade versions on the Mummy and Wolfman. However whats throws me off is the so cold TWD house. How could that tie in to 100 years of universal? Also, I may be off or wrong here, what if we saw the Usher return. I don't recall A&D saying they would trash there old icons. Plus it could maybe fit in quite well. Also checking the clue words for where the Hercules and Xena house was, did anyone ever think the word "creature pit" could be referring to the Army of Darkness scene with the witch?

In a word; "No."

2 IPs.

2 Agreements

3 Public concepts/ideas

• Like 2

I wonder if we even have an icon this year

You can still have a very successful year of HHN even without an Icon, take 2004 and throughout the '90s for example. In my mind, an Icon helps the theming for the event and it adds more. With that said, if we didn't have an icon I wouldn't be disappointed because the event would still be great nevertheless.

You can still have a very successful year of HHN even without an Icon, take 2004 and throughout the '90s for example. In my mind, an Icon helps the theming for the event and it adds more. With that said, if we didn't have an icon I wouldn't be disappointed because the event would still be great nevertheless.

yea im not saying we need one. just curious

Edited by foREVer56

They didn't say they would trash the old icons, but they did say they wouldn't use them again.

(Any time soon.) They never said never, just that they were giving them a break