HHN 22 Speculation

I went to the silent hill house, it was amazing. They sent you through in your own small group and it was terrifying. My favorite part was probably the room with all the nurses. Silent Hill is mostly notable for its creepy atmosphere and monsters so its the best games to turn into a house.

I personally have only seen the first movie, but there is so much they could do with a house and a potential scarezone.

the movie was really good at capturing the look of the games, they changed the story and messed it up a little, but the look is almost exactly the same, same thing with the nurses and Pyramid head, I am really curious, since the movie is coming out, if they will base the house on that, what rooms will we get,

I have a question, I know is not happening, and I have no idea about the space, but, They couldn't have put a tent for the 8th house? have 3 tents?

also another question, could the put a scarezone where SS 44 was?

I just wonder why we couldn't have 8 houses with 3 tents, not enough space?

Ok, just putting my little opinion out there. First off, these alleged houses could kick some serious ass. How are you supposed to know if its to suck or not based on the names? Last year we had conquistadors, man-eating nurses, and a cemetery. All were said to be lame and 1 out of those 3 won House of the Year along with another high rates of injury due to scaring the shizz out of people. All in all, dont put a house down unless you have lived it. Second off, to add to this Silent Hill hooplah, they did use the eerie music last year for the Grown Evil scarezone. Just super saiyan.

A combo Silent Hill Dead Exposure type House would Be Awesome. Where You're blinded by photography/strobe effect and then when you can see again you are surrounded by those weird black goo spitting creatures or the nurses or you have this hallway of insects coming at you and the Giant ax wielding guy is after you with lots of Machinery sounds..My 2 Cents.

A combo Silent Hill Dead Exposure type House would Be Awesome. Where You're blinded by photography/strobe effect and then when you can see again you are surrounded by those weird black goo spitting creatures or the nurses or you have this hallway of insects coming at you and the Giant ax wielding guy is after you with lots of Machinery sounds..My 2 Cents.

That would be cool. I remember the first Dead Exposure house, it was a really good house. And adding Silent Hill to it. I would really like to see what they would come up with linking these 2 houses.

I posted this in the Hollywood section, but since most Orlando readers don't browse it, I thought I'd post it here:

Those of you who know me know I don't spread rumors, and really dislike people who claim to be "in the know" who claim to know everything about the event.

Not to sound like one of those people, but I just spoke to someone who works at Universal Hollywood. Lower management, but in corporate nonetheless. This was at a party setting. Halloween came up and I was fascinated at this person's background, coming from the major theme park haunts.

Among the nuggets I heard - Universal (now owned by Comcast) would be doing more "IP sharing" between Orlando and Hollywood, in order to save money. This means that we should expect to see more parallel mazes between the two parks (like they did last year with The Thing, and more to the point, like they did with the Big Three). The "IP" referred to is the licensing agreements with studios. This means that they will get a better deal if they license a film franchise across both parks instead of just one. While both parks would still have independent design teams, it means that Orlando should expect to see more movie-based houses, along with their original ones. This is a bummer for people like me to go to both parks every year to see something new (and escape the movie houses in Hollywood).

Now, since The Walking Dead seems all but a certainty for HHN Orlando, I am going to put 2 and 2 together and suggest that we should expect to see TWD in Hollywood as well.

The Orlando HHN boards are also strongly predicting that Orlando will present an Alice Cooper house this year, which gives further credence the notion that they are sharing IP.

I was also told that even now, they are trying to finalize contracts for identical properties in both parks. This was a week ago, and supposedly it was imminent then.

In Hollywood last year, even when some houses were well underway, the rug was pulled out on some major enhancements they had for the Terror Tram. And this year, the big surprise was to be TWO additional houses (in a soundstage no less), but that, too, was scrubbed about a week ago because the SS was signed at the last minute for shooting 1313 Mockingbird Ln.

So when we are now reading rumors of last-minute changes at HHN Orlando, it makes you wonder if this is what is really going on behind the scenes.

I posted this in the Hollywood section, but since most Orlando readers don't browse it, I thought I'd post it here:

Those of you who know me know I don't spread rumors, and really dislike people who claim to be "in the know" who claim to know everything about the event.

Not to sound like one of those people, but I just spoke to someone who works at Universal Hollywood. Lower management, but in corporate nonetheless. This was at a party setting. Halloween came up and I was fascinated at this person's background, coming from the major theme park haunts.

Among the nuggets I heard - Universal (now owned by Comcast) would be doing more "IP sharing" between Orlando and Hollywood, in order to save money. This means that we should expect to see more parallel mazes between the two parks (like they did last year with The Thing, and more to the point, like they did with the Big Three). The "IP" referred to is the licensing agreements with studios. This means that they will get a better deal if they license a film franchise across both parks instead of just one. While both parks would still have independent design teams, it means that Orlando should expect to see more movie-based houses, along with their original ones. This is a bummer for people like me to go to both parks every year to see something new (and escape the movie houses in Hollywood).

Now, since The Walking Dead seems all but a certainty for HHN Orlando, I am going to put 2 and 2 together and suggest that we should expect to see TWD in Hollywood as well.

The Orlando HHN boards are also strongly predicting that Orlando will present an Alice Cooper house this year, which gives further credence the notion that they are sharing IP.

I was also told that even now, they are trying to finalize contracts for identical properties in both parks. This was a week ago, and supposedly it was imminent then.

In Hollywood last year, even when some houses were well underway, the rug was pulled out on some major enhancements they had for the Terror Tram. And this year, the big surprise was to be TWO additional houses (in a soundstage no less), but that, too, was scrubbed about a week ago because the SS was signed at the last minute for shooting 1313 Mockingbird Ln.

So when we are now reading rumors of last-minute changes at HHN Orlando, it makes you wonder if this is what is really going on behind the scenes.

Sadly everything you say makes perfect sense but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. I'm not liking the decisions Comcast have been making for Universal Orlando for HHN or the park itself lately. I'm just hoping they don't end up ruining a park and event I love so much in order to make way for their new vision. I, like you managed to to talk to a long time employee of Universal out of the park in a more relaxed atmosphere (I was seated next to them at a dinner show actually). We got chatting and they told me a lot of things that they wouldn't have done if he'd been at his work environment. I guess a social environment loosens lips lol. Anyway they were saying that they didn't like the way Comcast were running the park. People were making decisions upstairs without even doing proper research in to whether it was the right thing to do. One such example they gave was the closing down of several rides and attractions they were considering and they didn't make any effort to ask any of the people running or working those attractions for feedback at all. I see he was correct in what they told me with the closing of Jaws and that won't be the only attraction to say bye bye in the near future I'm afraid to say. This was bound to have a knock on effect for HHN and the rumour going around about Hollywood having more impact on the Orlando event now appears to be true. I'm keeping an open mind but this isn't looking good. I'm actually starting to wonder if Comcast know exactly what they bought and if they are aware of the standards they have to keep up. Especially after the SS44 planning disaster.

Possible HHN changes aside, I don't know how youcan't be excited at what Comcast is doing with the park as a whole. They're spending money at Universal Orlando like it's never been spent before. As a theme park fan it's more than exciting.

• Like 1

I can compare 07 to 08 and I feel that I do not like what may be happening to HHN. While Nightmare on Elm Street Dreamwalkers is one of my favorite houses, the originals that year were better to me. I can't conpletely fault Comcast using IPs I just don't want to have lets say a Friday the 13thback house every year. If they can keep rotating properties I could probably be happy.

Change is inevitable, I agree that it will be a bit sad to see HHN drift away from its grassroots, but the quality of the event will not suffer in the long run. The overall feel and expectation of number of houses, and types of houses, and all of our traditional HHN things will get facelifts and nosejobs as time goes on. What we love about HHN will always be there, original ideas and approaches, great sets and costumes, the scarezones, the vibe of how HHN and its attendees celebrate all things horror, creative, and the season. IP's being more present is not going to be terrible, after all, some of these IP's started off as people with great creative ideas, why shouldnt they be celebrated or experienced. Rest assured, that HHN Orlando will NEVER completely ditch original ideas, and the event that we have all come to love will always remain and always retain some of what made it special in the first place, no matter who is calling the shots.

• Like 3

Possible HHN changes aside, I don't know how youcan't be excited at what Comcast is doing with the park as a whole. They're spending money at Universal Orlando like it's never been spent before. As a theme park fan it's more than exciting.

The important thing isn't what they spend it's how they spend it. Universal is not your average theme park it has a different feel and identity. We all know a park needs to change and grow to stay relevant but there is a good way to do this and a bad way. Too early to tell which way they are going to go but throwing money at things isn't always a solution if the decisions made are bad ones. In reference to HHN if they make Orlando ( which is regarded by most to be the superior event) more like Hollywood there are going to be a lot of angry and disappointed people out there, me amongst them. If it ain't broke don't fix it people.

The important thing isn't what they spend it's how they spend it. Universal is not your average theme park it has a different feel and identity. We all know a park needs to change and grow to stay relevant but there is a good way to do this and a bad way. Too early to tell which way they are going to go but throwing money at things isn't always a solution if the decisions made are bad ones.

No offense, and I apologize for this thread drift, but I've yet to see a bad decision from them.

Change is inevitable, I agree that it will be a bit sad to see HHN drift away from its grassroots, but the quality of the event will not suffer in the long run. The overall feel and expectation of number of houses, and types of houses, and all of our traditional HHN things will get facelifts and nosejobs as time goes on. What we love about HHN will always be there, original ideas and approaches, great sets and costumes, the scarezones, the vibe of how HHN and its attendees celebrate all things horror, creative, and the season. IP's being more present is not going to be terrible, after all, some of these IP's started off as people with great creative ideas, why shouldnt they be celebrated or experienced. Rest assured, that HHN Orlando will NEVER completely ditch original ideas, and the event that we have all come to love will always remain and always retain some of what made it special in the first place, no matter who is calling the shots.

Exactly. Comcast knows how much of a money maker HHN is. They aren't going to neuter the event.

Comcast knows how much of a money maker HHN is. They aren't going to neuter the event.

If they can get more profits by lowering the quality and the fans keep coming... yes, they will.

HHN use to be only thing that kept Universal somewhat profitable. It's not anymore. Harry Potter and the actual theme parks are doing fine of their own. They don't need to invest as much in HHN because it's icing on the cake.

• Like 2

If they can get more profits by lowering the quality and the fans keep coming... yes, they will.

HHN use to be only thing that kept Universal somewhat profitable. It's not anymore. Harry Potter and the actual theme parks are doing fine of their own. They don't need to invest as much in HHN because it's icing on the cake.

It's still a money maker in a huge dead-time for the parks. I'm not worried about it.

• Like 1

It's still a money maker in a huge dead-time for the parks. I'm not worried about it.

Comcast is known for spending the least amount of money to make the most amount of money. When it comes to HHN they will absolutely downgrade the houses and the event itself if they feel it can help their profit margin. This coming from someone who worked for the company for several years and has been a customer of theirs for 15 years. They are all about making more money. Event quality doesn't matter to them, people coming in the gates do. If people still come for a dumbed down event then they will continue to dumb it down. For someone to think that they won't do the same thing with HHN as they do in the rest of their holdings is just absurd.

• Like 1

Comcast is known for spending the least amount of money to make the most amount of money. When it comes to HHN they will absolutely downgrade the houses and the event itself if they feel it can help their profit margin. This coming from someone who worked for the company for several years and has been a customer of theirs for 15 years. They are all about making more money. Event quality doesn't matter to them, people coming in the gates do. If people still come for a dumbed down event then they will continue to dumb it down. For someone to think that they won't do the same thing with HHN as they do in the rest of their holdings is just absurd.

I've seen many things ruined when new people come on board and it stinks to know that one of my favorite events is in the hand Of a new entity an on top of it one that hasn't done it before, it's easy to say this maybe the most disappointing year lets just hope it's not to disappointing, I mean I so far like the ideas behind the houses besides p&t which everyone is subject to their own opinions but if that's the most disappointing year I'm not to upset, who knows maybe it will be one of the better years and Comcast won't f something up for once...but I doubt it, I'll be there this year but if it is a crap event I'll en up at hos next year plain and simple I they screw it up let em know thy screwed it up

• Like 1