HHN 22 Speculation

2)they'll put the house in 23(possibly along with another for our 8th house?).

Five houses up front with only three and Bill & Ted in the back would make for a cluster--over half of the event would be centered near the front entrance, essentially along a single street. They'll need something to distribute the crowd throughout the park more.

OK, I'm taking early credit right now for getting the Dr Pepper Clue/ American Werewolf in London correct.....LOL

So here is my current best guess list on houses.

Walking Dead

American Werewolf in London

Hunchback of Notre Dame

Phantom of the Opera

The Shining

Possibly an Alice Cooper House

Not sure how Penn and Teller fit in but if they are the last house.....dual run could be cool. Penns version vs Tellers version

I feel pretty good about half of this list so far.

I feel pretty good about half of this list too....

When did The Shining suddenly become such a sure thing? Not only is that a Warner Bros movie, but it's also a Stephen King book, which makes it twice as unlikely despite it featuring a very short scene involving twins.

This year is really becoming unpredictable.

There is a link on google that said Universal is remaking and or making a sequel or something along those lines im not looking at it currently but it seems as that will be house this year

Since when did this year become basically non-original concepts? WD is the only thing that's all but confirmed, Alice Cooper has a possibility, I doubt P&T have anything to do with HHN at all. As for the others, nothing's been mentioned about them once.

im curious as to why the dates for sept-dec are still not up for UO in their website. they usually have times up like 4 or 5 months in advanced, dont they?

Edited by foREVer56

There is a link on google that said Universal is remaking and or making a sequel or something along those lines im not looking at it currently but it seems as that will be house this year

Universal is not remaking The Shining or making a sequel. The Shining's already been remade and nothing, no matter what, could or will ever live up to Kubrick's masterpiece. A sequel is just... ridiculous. And I'm pretty sure Warner Bros still has the rights.

However, a poll for HHN did mention The Shining, which does add some credit. I still highly doubt it, considering it's a Warner Bros movie and it's Stephen King, who has explicitly said he doesn't want his books made into houses. Maybe we'll see The Shining, but not The Shining, but it looks like The Shining? I highly doubt it, though.

Tango bango get some!

Sorry folks, I'm completely out of it being in Wyoming right now so I'm not keeping abreast on all things HHN as well as I would like.

However, the Shining isn't happening. Don't believe everything you hear.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that the mouth is the front gate of all misfortune?

I really don't believe the parade WILL happen this year but one can be hopeful.

I'm not too thrilled about all the IP talk myself. I am hearing more and more about IPs but I'll stay open to what HHN has to offer this year. I hope it is not a bad moon rising, so to speak, for the event.

Anyways, It's a big flash of all these things and whatever you take out of that statement's one statement.

I'm tired... going to go lay down now. But I'll be back full time Friday.

Since when did this year become basically non-original concepts? WD is the only thing that's all but confirmed, Alice Cooper has a possibility, I doubt P&T have anything to do with HHN at all. As for the others, nothing's been mentioned about them once.

im curious as to why the dates for sept-dec are still not up for UO in their website. they usually have times up like 4 or 5 months in advanced, dont they?

No , not sept or oct hours are posted as the rest of the months. Don't know why they do this , but I remember

alot of complaints last year about this, with people planning flights and such.

No , not sept or oct hours are posted as the rest of the months. Don't know why they do this , but I remember

ah ok. i dont understand why they wouldnt to allow people to plan their vacations. Hell, Disney's got them out for the rest of the year already.

can someone please explain this? i already have my vacation planned and everything is there something i need to worry about?

So, if Walking Dead and American Werewolf in London are looking pretty likely, does that mean we are looking at a "100 Years of Horror" theme after all? Lon Chaney's Phantom would pretty much take us back to the beginning, if they decide to do that. That would be 20', 80's and 2010's (if my memory serves without imdb-ing it). If Alice Cooper house goes in, not sure how that would tie in - 70's maybe? I'm thinking that I'm over-thinking...

• Like 1

So, if Walking Dead and American Werewolf in London are looking pretty likely, does that mean we are looking at a "100 Years of Horror" theme after all? Lon Chaney's Phantom would pretty much take us back to the beginning, if they decide to do that. That would be 20', 80's and 2010's (if my memory serves without imdb-ing it). If Alice Cooper house goes in, not sure how that would tie in - 70's maybe? I'm thinking that I'm over-thinking...

No I'm starting to think you are smack on with that idea. I think the one house will be dedicated to the classic monsters though rather than them having their own houses. I said this on here months ago. Creature pit room (Creature From The Black Lagoon) and Spike room (Dracula) already being two room names revealed. I guess even Bats Belfry room could be tied to Dracula but that was a different house. An American Werewolf In London was once (maybe still is) a major part of the horror and make up show at Universal as was the Fly telepods from the movie of the same name. Makes you wonder if we're going to see those movies featured as houses seeing as they have been important parts of that show in the past. It would make sense wouldn't it? I really should look up online a list of all the horror movies Universal has made. It might just spark some recognition in other things we've heard so far.

• Like 1

Universal is not remaking The Shining or making a sequel. The Shining's already been remade and nothing, no matter what, could or will ever live up to Kubrick's masterpiece. A sequel is just... ridiculous. And I'm pretty sure Warner Bros still has the rights.

However, a poll for HHN did mention The Shining, which does add some credit. I still highly doubt it, considering it's a Warner Bros movie and it's Stephen King, who has explicitly said he doesn't want his books made into houses. Maybe we'll see The Shining, but not The Shining, but it looks like The Shining? I highly doubt it, though.

Steven King has been working on a sequel to The Shining for quite some time, and apparently it's finally due to hit bookshelves in January of 2013. It's called Doctor Sleep. For those who have read anything by King before, particularly the source material in this case, you can see how different this book's tone and construct is going to be from its predecessor. Frankly, I don't see this book doing tremendously well with the general public, and I definitely don't see it translating into anything related to HHN.

The Shining has been brought up numerous times on these boards over the past few years, usually in the Wishful Thinking threads, and the sentiment stated above is pretty accurate: The Shining has great potential, but King is never going to give his blessing to an entity like Universal to turn it into an attraction. As a side note, King greatly disliked Kubrick's film, and if you've seen the 1997 TV mini-series then you know King's greater involvement on that project didn't even make it comparable, let alone better, than Kubrick's adaptation.

The only way I could see Steven King ever being affiliated with HHN would be through some unfortunate contractual loophole with a movie studio, and even that I don't think is entirely realistic.

An American Werewolf In London was once (maybe still is) a major part of the horror and make up show at Universal as was the Fly telepods from the movie of the same name.

oo oo - Vincent (Price) = The Fly? Maybe both versions? Split house, one for each version? Getting us at least back up to 7 houses again?

Gimme a straw, any straw, I'll grasp at it! ;)

• Like 1

Steven King has been working on a sequel to The Shining for quite some time, and apparently it's finally due to hit bookshelves in January of 2013. It's called Doctor Sleep. For those who have read anything by King before, particularly the source material in this case, you can see how different this book's tone and construct is going to be from its predecessor. Frankly, I don't see this book doing tremendously well with the general public, and I definitely don't see it translating into anything related to HHN.

The Shining has been brought up numerous times on these boards over the past few years, usually in the Wishful Thinking threads, and the sentiment stated above is pretty accurate: The Shining has great potential, but King is never going to give his blessing to an entity like Universal to turn it into an attraction. As a side note, King greatly disliked Kubrick's film, and if you've seen the 1997 TV mini-series then you know King's greater involvement on that project didn't even make it comparable, let alone better, than Kubrick's adaptation.

The only way I could see Steven King ever being affiliated with HHN would be through some unfortunate contractual loophole with a movie studio, and even that I don't think is entirely realistic.

but why doesnt he want a house based on his works? is there a reason he is against it?

[

Edited by black mask

but why doesnt he want a house based on his works? is there a reason he is against it?

[

As a self-appointed amateur Stephen King aficionado I can tell you that a King house will probably never happen solely because King is very protective of his works. He already has a hard time working with film makers adapting his books into film, in the past he has been burned by directors 'interpreting' his writing in a way that King does not like or even adding things that were not in his book. It's been known for a long time that King hated The Shining. He has recently become more open to the idea though, but he is extremely involved in the screen play and production. You have to understand that this is the man's life work, he doesn't want to just hand it over to some mega corporation to do with it what they please.

A King house would be amazing if done properly, I can think of a dozen ideas off the top of my head. Although if they never get the blessing from King they could just do an inspired house...

• Like 3

Ok following on from Teach's post on the construction thread about the possibility of SS44 being demolished to make way for a temporary house for HHN, it gave me an idea. With the construction upheaval over at Jaws are they really going to want another such site where SS44 stood at the same time with the queues HHN is going to bring? I think it makes more sense that a temporary house is built there as its a great spot and would solve the mystery of the missing house. I was thinking has this ever been done before and I think it has quite a few years ago. Then I thought about all the speculation about the theme being 100 years of Universal horror and a thought occurred to me. If they erected the right temporary house there it would insane.....or do I mean PSYCHO?