HHN 22 Speculation

With the Hospital Hallway, Rooftop, RV, and now a barn-ish structure... I'm thinking that the disaster queue will probably be a best of TWD house leading up to the prison.

I mean I've only seen the pilot and know that the "Don't Open Dead Inside" door/hallway is a must.

I thought that too when I first saw the pilot a few weeks ago. I just started watching the show after hearing about it being a possible theme to a house or scarezone. It would be awesome if they used it.

Edited by Takoyaki

whoever said the icon will be death, i totally agree... and TWD is for sure...

That was me, my friend who works with Universal wont confirm or deny any of my direct questioning attempts, but he keeps making crazy comments, making me think that the event icon will be Death, or something very close to that. I told him that we knew TWD would be a house, and he just said sarcastically, "oh the brains....the brains."

Hey there, it's good to be back!

Getting excited already with all the speculation.

Anyway, here's a print screen of the phrase on the website:

Phrase.jpg

I zoomed in and draw some guidelines in photoshopt to see which letters are raised or larger than the others, and here's the result:

Phrase-GuideLine.jpg

So the "T" in "IT'S" slightly raised, the "E" and "R" in "NEVER", the two "O"s in "TOO", the first "O" in "SOON" and the first "T" in "START" are also raised and maybe the last "I" in "PANICKING".

So we have TEROOOTI ? TEROOOT?

I do't know, maybe it means something or maybe not, what do you think?

About the background image speculation, I don't think there's something hidding in there more than the obvious (horizon, sky, light shine, blood splatter), but I think it definitely has the same feel and look as TWD promo pictures and posters.

Here's a comparison:

bkg-hhn2012.jpg

the_walking_dead_wallpaper2.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the outcome of all this!

The zombified little girl from season 2 would be creepy as hell. :mama: + :zombie2:

I agree! I've been thinking about this for awhile..but why would they put a TWD in the Disaster Que? Knowing A&D they could do it...But I always thought since this TWD was rumored it would fit better in a SS. That's just my opinion tho

I agree! I've been thinking about this for awhile..but why would they put a TWD in the Disaster Que? Knowing A&D they could do it...But I always thought since this TWD was rumored it would fit better in a SS. That's just my opinion tho

maybe they will modify it to be more accommodating to a bigger house??? idk i think thats what they might do like make an extension

It would be great for a SS, but I think almost any house would be better for a SS and thats only bc the amount of detail, facade, and complete immersion you can achieve is for some reason better in a SS. I would not fret about TWD being in Disaster though, TCM was a great Disaster house in my opinion, when compared to other non comedy houses held in that area. I could see TWD fitting really well in that location. When A&D have the whole list of houses, they have to make the hard decision....which houses go where. I do think that personally I would love to see TWD given full justice by being in a soundstage, but that just make me more excited as to see which houses were given that honor this year. They should be good.

ps (lol) As long as TWD house is given the realism and gritty feel to it that the show has, it should be a memorable house.

Edited by Mr.Grim

Penn & Teller are performing at Foxwoods in Connecticut on October, 26th... So that is that

Good eye JW!! I would have liked to see them do a magic show...But I think I feel good about them not being there this year. With the crazy speculation about a P&T house and I even heard of a possible P&T themed event (Codswallop in my opinion) Im just thankful for the peace of mind.

It would be great for a SS, but I think almost any house would be better for a SS and thats only bc the amount of detail, facade, and complete immersion you can achieve is for some reason better in a SS. I would not fret about TWD being in Disaster though, TCM was a great Disaster house in my opinion, when compared to other non comedy houses held in that area. I could see TWD fitting really well in that location. When A&D have the whole list of houses, they have to make the hard decision....which houses go where. I do think that personally I would love to see TWD given full justice by being in a soundstage, but that just make me more excited as to see which houses were given that honor this year. They should be good.

ps (lol) As long as TWD house is given the realism and gritty feel to it that the show has, it should be a memorable house.

You are right Mr. Grim! The TCM house was made really good. I'm not saying having the TWD in the Disaster Que is bad. A&D could defiantly pull it off I think. Should be one hell of a house.

If they're using Disaster for TWD house this year I wonder where the dark comedy house is going to be since that's mainly been where Uni has put them. I wonder if we are going to even have one at all this year... :unsure:

This is my all-time biggest fear. That the first year I get to go will be the year WITHOUT a comedy house (of which both of my favourite houses are). ;n;

If they're using Disaster for TWD house this year I wonder where the dark comedy house is going to be since that's mainly been where Uni has put them. I wonder if we are going to even have one at all this year... :unsure:

They might just move the comedy house to another location.

Penn & Teller are performing at Foxwoods in Connecticut on October, 26th... So that is that

To be honest I never really expected Penn and Teller to turn up every night to perform at HHN. It would cost universal way too much money. That's not to say they won't be involved via a pre recorded video in a show this year. Kinda like a video host like Charlton Heston used to be in the pre show at Earthquake if anyone remembers that. That would be cheaper for Universal as its a one off payment but their presence would be there every night. That being said their involvement wouldn't be my first choice and i was surprised when the rumour first circulated. They are not my cup of tea and not really known for horror. I just don't think we can 100% rule out their taking part in some way quite yet but I could be wrong.

LOL... NO! They aren't going to be there. :P

I thought it was a rediculous idea from the word go.

I know magicians have had a long standing tradition in shows at Universal but I agree, P&T are too big an act to be there full time. (although did you see the prices for those tickets... kind of low)

I wouldn't mind an original idea of a twisted magician as an icon... I just think that celebrities are a slippery slope to becoming the Hollywood event and, really, are just a cheap trick to get people to the event. I think it is far more interesting to have original ideas... But I also know A&D don't have complete control over those decisions either.

So going off the end of the world theme and assuming there are only 7 houses here are some ideas I've had

Zombies-Walking Dead has this covered.As I said I can see both a house and scarezone out of this.I feel uni will use walking dead in a lot of the promotion of the event.I wouldn't be suprised honestly if this year is like HHN19 in that the Usher had a great backstory but wasn't used in the promotion to the masses and instead the commercials/ads played up the involvement of Saw/Wolfman/Chucky.

100 years of Horror-Again I can see both a scarezone and house out of this. The house would have rooms centered around the universal monsters,psycho,etc. The scarezone can have a few familar faces from different films.For example while I can't see a house being made, I wouldn't be surprised if the queen from Snow White made an appearance in a scarezone themed like this.It would definitely fit.

Judgement day-A house based on the biblical end would be pretty cool.Imagine Uni reimagining the four horsemen or entering a room where Angels and demons are battling it out?That would really be awesome.I think an idea like this would really suite a soundstage.

Mayan temple-A storyline background that we are part of an investagative team exploring a Mayan ruin to find clues about 2012 would be cool. A room centered around a virgin sacriface or a mayan ripping someone's heart ala caretaker would provide great chills.

Alien invasion-Aliens have invaded Earth and we are hopelessly outgunned.Now we must run for our lives before they turn us into one of their horrible experiments!

Lovecraft/Cthulhu-Monsters beyond our comprehension have risen on Earth.This could an event stealer.Again a SS would really do it justice.

Icon house-Whoever the Icon might be, I think we should go back to giving them a house. If it were Death, a house with each room representing different ways to die would be stellar

Nuclear aftermath-This would make a great Scarezone and they could recycle props and make up from previous years

Mad Max/Road Warriors-A scarezone that would be a post apocolyptic city would be fun.

Judgement day-A house based on the biblical end would be pretty cool.Imagine Uni reimagining the four horsemen or entering a room where Angels and demons are battling it out?That would really be awesome.I think an idea like this would really suite a soundstage.

This one I don't see happening anytime soon. They tend to stay very PC when it comes to religion.