HHN 22 Speculation

IDK. I've never been really keen on apocalyptic houses.

This whole Mayan calendar thing is ridiculous... as the Mayan calendar already ended (they didn't account for leap year) AND they found an older calendar that goes on a very long time. I just don't see the point.

I don't know why but I really enjoy the art-deco.... 20's icon type feel. Something about it that feels... good (for lack of a better term).

the old grainy music, the creepy art styles and the beautiful (yet deteriorated) architecture... A sense of fallen grandeur.

But Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown.

Also.. food for thought.

Even if a Walking Dead house is planned... doesn't mean it will see the light of day... at least exactly the same.

Things happen last moment.

For example, Hollywood posted this a few days ago:

@HorrorNights: The maze code named "Amok" just went "Nicasio" on me (Twitter HHN fans will get it). Scratch that one. Time to work my horror connections...

Hollywood will undoubtedly have TWD if we do. So a change in plans could, theoretically at least, coubd be a loss of AMC's backing.

But that is spec.

Also, remember the Fangoria backing got yanked in '09.. and fear was hastily put together after they scrapped the idea of Cindy yet again.

If it were to happen, I would imagine they would simply modify the house so its similar... but the same. For example a RV that isn't identical to the one in the show.

We all know they are sticklers for details.... The wrong year and model of RV is problematic to me and others. Granted someone could have just gone on Ebay and got whatever most economical/closest for the price. But the point is the event isn't finalized until it roles out to the media.

• Like 3

and all the hype and the idiots who belive the world will end this year is the excitement of the apocalypse... I know everything about the leap yrs and everything, it wont happen, but with all the earthquakes, tornadoes, chaos at schools with shooting and all, it makes u think the world may end... and personally i cant think of a better year to utalize that fear... considering its "supposed" to happen december 21st this yr, that will build p the fear and the excitement, i hope they do it cuz that would be cool in my eyes and alot of other people

About the comedy house locations...they've been at lots of locations including the sprung tents and sound stages. I personally feel disasters que has been used because it can't really hold a very elaborate house, let me rephrase that...out of the sound stages and tents its the least likely one to pull off an elaborate haunt. With TWD, that location is great for it. TWD has that feel to it where everything is ran down anyway so disaster is a perfect location. I think a soundstage wouldn't do the mood of the thematic element of TWD. See how well jasons house did in the jaws que with the water setting and cabin feel of the overall area...

I couldnt see them pulling the walking dead this late in the game if that is the actual in the plans, It would do as much for AMC as it would for HHN.

Anybody think we'll see an apearance of Merle's severed hand, or the horse being eaten next to the tank, either way it will be my first HHN zombie house and based on one of my favorite tv shows... I am beyond stoked right now. the only thing that could ruin a TWD house for me would be if they didnt include the "DONT OPEN, DEAD INSIDE" door from the first episode. who am I kidding this will be the best house ever!

Edited by Dreamstalker
Combined two posts. Current and 1 moved from Construction Thread

I couldnt see them pulling the walking dead this late in the game if that is the actual in the plans, It would do as much for AMC as it would for HHN.

Anybody think we'll see an apearance of Merle's severed hand, or the horse being eaten next to the tank, either way it will be my first HHN zombie house and based on one of my favorite tv shows... I am beyond stoked right now. the only thing that could ruin a TWD house for me would be if they didnt include the "DONT OPEN, DEAD INSIDE" door from the first episode. who am I kidding this will be the best house ever!

We don't have anything other than a source less, hearsay rumor and a van (a logically unrelated van, mind you) to suggest a possible WD house. Nothing has been officially announced, they can take away anything and add anything they want at this point in the year.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be excited, but there's nothing worse than getting your hopes up for something that might not even exist.

I think we are probably due for a sequel house. (this is a guess) I would like to see Catacombs and the plague doctors again.

I noticed something the other day houses with a ":" in them usually are either sequel houses... or the name is generic and could be used elsewhere.

eg: "Catacombs: Black death Rising", "The Thing: Assimilation", "Psychoscarepy: Home for the Holidays" The colon delineates y instance of X.

Catacombs could easily be used without the plague doctors in a different setting or with the plague doctors in a different chapter of the story (perhaps a prequel to the original house.) So either works. I'm under the assumption (which could be wrong) that all houses prior to 2010 are a closed book. So I'm guessing a house from 2010 would be a good come back house at this point.

Hades is a generic name... I don't see it coming back.

PS we were told was closed.

The Orfanage is in regards to Cindy... On the fence if she will ever get a full on event as the icon... but I like the permise of the house.

LT: Very possibly different location

Havoc: could easily be done differently... maybe further mutations explaining... well more of the story.

and Catacombs which I already explained.

• Like 1

Ok, so I never post on these boards, I am always a lurker, but I saw this today while looking at the mobile site and I haven't seen this anywhere else yet. I might be oblivious and I apologize if this has been broken already.

k3osas.png.

OK, the Meta Data for the website is showing it's at IOA which obviously ruled out with construction at Uner already happening. But possibly confirming we are getting the parade back for sure??

I think someone is messing around with that. Universal wouldn't start construction of a house to throw everyone off. Also on TWD house maybe Universal didn't get the rights to do a house based on the TV show but instead on the comic itself. Then they would be able to do TWD house but it couldn't be exactly like the show. It could explain the difference in the RVs. I'm sure it would be easier to make a deal with Robert Kirkman than AMC.

with Walking Dead being converted into so many different forms of media I think RK is just taking every option that presents itself, also if (I guess we are still technically saying "if" lol) there is a HH at HHN and AMC dont take it as an opportunity to get more publicity for their show that would be stupid, I just couldnt see that happening.

i have a stong feeling , that "watch" on the website has nothing to do with watch with you eyes, but watch the time, as in a wrist watch... im a strong believer its something to do with time.

Yeah I've already mentioned that. There are a few things on the site that could be connected with time or time running out. Like the countdown to the end of the world maybe? There's the word watch, the larger letters in the word too which could be two zeros instead of o' indicating the countdown has run out and the whole phrase "It's never too soon to start panicking" could be in reference to the end of the world and not the Halloween event itself. It could indicate that the theme is apocalypse with each house examining a different end of the world scenario. The Walking Dead would also fit this idea as Dr Jenner in season one of the show himself said "This is our extinction event".

and all the hype and the idiots who belive the world will end this year is the excitement of the apocalypse... I know everything about the leap yrs and everything, it wont happen, but with all the earthquakes, tornadoes, chaos at schools with shooting and all, it makes u think the world may end... and personally i cant think of a better year to utalize that fear... considering its "supposed" to happen december 21st this yr, that will build p the fear and the excitement, i hope they do it cuz that would be cool in my eyes and alot of other people

don't forget the recent "zombie" attacks we have been having, some people are saying that is linked to the end of the world :lol:

About the comedy house locations...they've been at lots of locations including the sprung tents and sound stages. I personally feel disasters que has been used because it can't really hold a very elaborate house, let me rephrase that...out of the sound stages and tents its the least likely one to pull off an elaborate haunt. With TWD, that location is great for it. TWD has that feel to it where everything is ran down anyway so disaster is a perfect location. I think a soundstage wouldn't do the mood of the thematic element of TWD. See how well jasons house did in the jaws que with the water setting and cabin feel of the overall area...

very true, plus the Leatherface house there was just amazing, one of the best houses for me, it was great

Ok, so I never post on these boards, I am always a lurker, but I saw this today while looking at the mobile site and I haven't seen this anywhere else yet. I might be oblivious and I apologize if this has been broken already.

k3osas.png.

OK, the Meta Data for the website is showing it's at IOA which obviously ruled out with construction at Uner already happening. But possibly confirming we are getting the parade back for sure??

It is interesting...

Explore the Islands of Adventure that include 7 new haunted houses, the Festival of the Dead Parade, and Scare Zones.

7 houses hasn't happen since 2006 but with this years permits only being 7 that would make since. Then you have it saying at IOA which we know is not true. Then it says festival of the dead parade which never happened at IOA. So it's perplexing to say the least.

I'd say its old data but that set of criteria never happened. Perhaps a scrapped idea? I heard, rather strongly, at the beginning of the year it was indeed two parks. Then suddenly it wasn't. At the same time that says IOA with no mention of Studios. It mentions the FOTD parade at IOA wich is impossible... so perhaps it meant two parks... very interesting and very perplexing but it's hard to take any of it seriously when we know IOA is out.

Edit: Looks like its pulling the SERPS from DMOZ.org... There site has SQL error which is why its pulling it from DMOZ. But why it's there.. IDK

Ah ok so that makes sense then. Its defaulting to what DOMZ has because of a SQL error and DMOZ hasn't updated since 2004. Case closed :)

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 145 Table '.\seotools8\user' is marked as crashed and should be repairedYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by a.url, a.keywords, a.domain' at line 4

It's the description from the 2004 site. Why it's appearing in Google results is beyond me, but the same thing happened in 2010:

http://blog.orlandom...ruction-Preview

That was a really good job of spec, assess and address... thank you...

Ah ok so that makes sense then. Its defaulting to what DOMZ has because of a SQL error and DMOZ hasn't updated since 2004. Case closed :)

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 145 Table '.\seotools8\user' is marked as crashed and should be repairedYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by a.url, a.keywords, a.domain' at line 4

And this... Really good teamwork...

Mike posted this on Tumblr. That is obviously a mold of his head. Does it have anything to do HHN? No idea (probably just him goofing) but it looks neat. :)

Wish I had a mold of my head sitting around :P

tumblr_m5er3bcvl51qbeaago1_500.jpg

• Like 1

k3osas.png.

Normally I wouldn't care about this because people usually talk out their ass. HOWEVER, the fact that it's for the official Universal page does add some credibility to it. And who knows, with the Superstar Parade now in daily operation they might just decide to bring it back.

Normally I wouldn't care about this because people usually talk out their ass. HOWEVER, the fact that it's for the official Universal page does add some credibility to it. And who knows, with the Superstar Parade now in daily operation they might just decide to bring it back.

Already answered this a page back. The long and the short of it is that it is old data from '04.