HHN 21 Discussion

Was the original house that bad?? i mean i see everyones not that excited to see a remake

I remember it being a cheaper effort but I really enjoyed the house. 2007 was a very good year.

As for the prequel/remake/reboot or whatever they wanna call it, I'd just as soon skip that in the theatres. Audiences should be demanding fresh material, not re-hashes of re-hashes (no disrespect to the Carpenter remake).

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this belongs here..but does anyone know if there having those tours before the event?

Yes it has been confirmed that the Unmasking the horror tour will be back. Currently no dates or prices are avaliable.

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoy reading all of your posts, but I'm still new here, so I hope it's ok if I throw in my two cents. I like the debate over whether a "theme" or "icon" is necessary. Coming from a person who does NOT live in Florida, and only has one weekend to enjoy this event, I LIKE the theme/icon idea. I agree with the post that stated a theme promotes creativity. It not only promotes creativity with A&D, but it promotes creativity in our own imaginations. THAT is the paydirt here. Stephen King has said that most often the fear you conjure in your own mind is always worse than something you actually see or are given great detail about. That's why his books always work better than so many of the crap movies they've made from his books.

In my opinion, Universal's A&D people are masterminds with this. The whole month-long tease, the games, the building clues, etc - these plant the seeds. Then, when they launch the official reveal, all hell breaks loose in our minds. It's why sites like this one exist! I live in Chicago, but I"m a walking billboard for Universal. I post about it on my FB page. I send Tweets about it. I convince friends to join me year after year (and keep in mind, we pay for airfare and other travel expenses on top of our tickets). This is the time of year I most look forward to because HHN never lets me down. It's great fun, and I hope they continue on for years.

"We see you’ve been begging to learn all about HHN 21. So we’ve decided to reveal ALL of the horrifying details a day earlier – Aug. 31. Only one week left…tick tock…remember, you asked for it…"

Good, I'm excited to see everything we're going to experience this year. We know what the houses will be for the most part but the SZ's are what I'm looking forward to finding out more about. It's only a day early but at least it's not a day later.

I dont like the idea of icon scarezones... Obviously Fear Revealed wasn't really scary... It was more of a photo op. And if Lady Luck has a scarezone.. Then she might end up being terrible like FEAR and be a photo op. Please let Lady Luck be tied into the cemetery house... :/

I honestly want to see an area just for pictures that is separate from the scarezones. They could rotate people from each SZ or house over there to take pictures. Maybe 15 minutes of pictures per actor each night. Then they could say no pictures with scareactors in the SZ's. I'm not saying I don't like people taking pictures in the SZ's but to me if you want a picture take it while the actor is doing his/her job which is scaring people.

I don't mean to sound negative or anything but,

who gets scared in scarezones? of course there are some people that get really scared (girls, kids) but besides getting startled here and there, I never saw how scarezones can truly scare people, there are hundreds of guests all over the park, is loud as hell, is bright, I mean, the actors do an awesome job always, but I love that we can take pics in the scarezones, if they didn't let us take pics that would totally ruin my night,

not only my own pics, but, some of you guys take the most amazing pictures, I don't know I might be the only person that thinks this way but, when I hear that a scarezone is a photo op, i don't know, I think is cool we can take pics, I mean, I've only been scared in a scarezone twice in 5 years, because I Was looking the other way and the actor totally surprised me, but, I love scarezones but I don't get the anger of being able to take pics and not being scary, when scarezones can't be that scary anyway,

plus, We cannot take pics inside the houses, which are scary as hell, so, i think is a good balance, I mean I could see how it is annoying to have the actors having to pose for pictures non stop, sometimes that can be bad, like the Icons scarezone last year, but, I think Esqueleto muerte had a great balance of Actor performance and photo op, even with people taking pics the actors still had time to scare,

( I know the word scare-zone implies a zone where you get scared lol,)

Edited by black mask

Are you kidding me? I mean, I don't get more then startles usually in scarezones, but I've gotten some good scares in the zones. It depends on how the zones is laid out. Some zones have better hiding spots and such that create great scares.

I don't get scared in scarezones if that's what you 4 are implying but I do enjoy watching people get scared. If you haven't seen anyone get scared in a scarezone then maybe you need to hang out in them a bit more. They are called scarezones for a reason guys. They aren't atmosphere zones. They are scarezones. I'm sorry if I don't like watching an endless line of people getting their pictures taken. No actually I'm not sorry, I pay plenty and to ask that a SZ isn't just a photo op isn't a big deal. I love how you jump to conclusions about me getting scared. If I do get scared a few times then GOOD that's what I pay for. The actors are hired to try to scare people. Hence why we call them scareactors. I don't care if they scare groups of 13 year old girls or sneak up behind 40 year old drunk guys it's what I like to see in the zones. Not actors standing around taking pictures with guests. If I'm wrong for wanting to see the scareactors try to scare people then maybe I'm wasting my time here and going to HHN.

I don't get scared in scarezones if that's what you 4 are implying but I do enjoy watching people get scared. If you haven't seen anyone get scared in a scarezone then maybe you need to hang out in them a bit more. They are called scarezones for a reason guys. They aren't atmosphere zones. They are scarezones. I'm sorry if I don't like watching an endless line of people getting their pictures taken. No actually I'm not sorry, I pay plenty and to ask that a SZ isn't just a photo op isn't a big deal. I love how you jump to conclusions about me getting scared. If I do get scared a few times then GOOD that's what I pay for. The actors are hired to try to scare people. Hence why we call them scareactors. I don't care if they scare groups of 13 year old girls or sneak up behind 40 year old drunk guys it's what I like to see in the zones. Not actors standing around taking pictures with guests. If I'm wrong for wanting to see the scareactors try to scare people then maybe I'm wasting my time here and going to HHN.

There is no right or wrong way to run the scarezones because everyone has their own opinions. You can never please everyone all of the time but your opinion is as valid as everyone elses. I'm sure I'm right in saying that you're not wasting your time here Aaron and that many people will agree with your point of view. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree.

There is no right or wrong way to run the scarezones because everyone has their own opinions. You can never please everyone all of the time but your opinion is as valid as everyone elses. I'm sure I'm right in saying that you're not wasting your time here Aaron and that many people will agree with your point of view. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree.

Very well said. No way to please everyone all the time.

I get scared at the scarezones. not cuz it scares the crap out of me.. but because

1.) i have a HUGE fear of chainsaws .-.

&

2.) Im so excited to be in the event that almost anything will scare me. lol. Im a nervous wreck XD

But yea. i Enjoy the scarezones by watching how the Scare-actors act, and how the layout is designed. Other than that, Scare-zones are my favorite part of HHN.

12, 13, 14 & 18 are the only years I've had scarezone scares. Path of the Wicked was my most recent street scare. It involved a Munchkin and The Lion... use your imagination :).

I'm hoping with the populated streets this year we all get at least one.

Edited by Karras

Uhm I don't think any of us get more than startled at the event....just saying. Scarezones are great. It's the best entertainment at the event.

Unless you're a scaredy cat like me, then I say yes. I get extremely terrified at the event, especially in the zones.

The Coven got me pretty good last year, especially with the ePrompt sfx.

Also, I got tag teamed by what felt like the entire cast in Horrorwood Die-In at HHN 19, which was actually one of my best scares of the night.

Can't wait to see what the zones have in store for us this year.

While I don't usually get scared in the streets, they are always the most fun part of the event for me. Especially scarezones like Fear Revealed and Horrorwood, where the focus isn't just on being scary, it's about having fun at the same time.

scarezones make the event for me. Plain and simple. If the SZ's aren't doing well, I don't have much as a fun time. When every house is sitting at a 60+ minute wait, I know I can get some really good scares out in the streets.

Exactly. When you go several nights and get tired of waiting in lines, scarezones are the place to be! That is why I am happy that it looks like they are going to be spending more on elaborate scarezones this year.

I just had to comment on this topic, since I feel very strongly about it and wanted to post before this whole conversation gets deleted because it's not "speculation".

I usually have tons of fun in the streets. I don't get scared nearly as often as I used to, but on that note, the same usually goes for houses too. Last year I had several good scares in the streets. To add to that, I think I not only have tons of my fun in the streets...I have MOST of my fun in the streets...it's a lot easier to play around with scareactors, or just sit back and watch the show. Houses are great, and I love them too, but they are two different animals.

I usually have tons of fun in the streets. I don't get scared nearly as often as I used to, but on that note, the same usually goes for houses too. Last year I had several good scares in the streets. To add to that, I think I not only have tons of my fun in the streets...I have MOST of my fun in the streets...it's a lot easier to play around with scareactors, or just sit back and watch the show. Houses are great, and I love them too, but they are two different animals.

All of this talk about scareing gave me pause. When a Scareactor does "get" you let them know that is what you came for. "You really got me" or "That was good" is truly appreciated. We do try to our best to get even the most jaded. Some guests get annoyed when you scare them. Why did they come to this event? I return you to your regularly scheuled forum.

I find myself so enamored with all of the props and costumes that I am too busy smiling and showing how happy I am. Even when a scareactor does approach me my first instinct is usually to compliment them on how amazing they look. Suffice it to say HHN puts me in my happy place. Is this normal? I hope not!