HHN XX Speculation II

:lol: I thouhgt of Zep, too.

Which, now you mention it, makes me think of Alastair Crowley, which then led me to this thought: Don't secret societies often use both lantern and mythological symbolism? They are also big on Greek and Latin and have been accused of harboring dark secrets...

Mae

Like the Illuminati?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the Illuminati?

New to the boards and I just wanted to say that all this talk of the sorority house mixed with the Cthulu theories has me thinking of Miskatonic University. For those who do not know this was a central setting in the world of H.P. Lovecraft where there were multiple attempts to summon forth Cthulu, a copy of the Necronomicon was kept, and also had as a student a certain Herbert West aka The Re-Animator. Just a thought.

A little Irish folklore'

An Irish myth tells of a drunk named Stingy Jack, who one day invited the Devil to have a drink. He convinced the Devil to change into a sixpence in order

to pay for the drink, but instead of paying for the drink he pocketed the sixpence beside a silver cross which prevented the Devil from changing back. Jack made a deal with the Devil before letting him free. For one year the Devil could not harass Jack.

Next Halloween the Devil met Jack again, and he tricked the Devil into

climbing an apple tree for an apple but then cut the sign of a cross into the trunk of the tree preventing the devil from coming down. Jack forced the devil to swear he would never come after Jack's soul. The devil reluctantly agreed. And so Jack was left alone. Jack died within the year and was turned back from the Gates of Heaven because of his stinginess and drunkenness. He went to the Gates of Hell and the Devil told him to go away, as Jack had made him promise not to claim his soul. Jack didn't want to leave because it was dark and he couldn't find his way. The Devil tossed Jack a glowing coal and Jack put it inside a turnip, and ever since with this Jack-O'-Lantern, Jack has been roaming the faces of this earth.

Could this be the perpetual Lantern? And the reference to Jack's return? Yes this is the story of a Jack O Lantern, but a lantern none the less. Food for thought I feel.

Straight from HHNRumors.com a new role update "UPDATE: Nightmare Man #3 - Jaws" this along with the 2 other roles we already know "Valedictorian- Jaws" and "Bed Clothes - Jaws". With these three roles for this one house I'm starting to think NOES. Also the way they are named makes me think these are possibly code names.

Edited by ChildOfHorror

Somebody posted something a while back about a cyclops being cast? I haven't seen that anywhere else, can anybody confirm this and is this for the Shrek Alley scarezone or the soundstage house?

I can confirm that it has been posted on the internet. Don't forget that many of the roles that have been announced are not confirmed as of yet. The Cyclops role posted did not list a location.

As far as the roles that I feel confident in being legit, well here they are:

"Con-artists" in the Mel's sz.

"Sirens" in the Shrek Alley sz.

Chainsaws in the NY sz.

Chainsaws in the Hollywood sz.

"Patients" in the Sprung Tent #2 maze.

Most of the others seem legit as well, but at this point, who knows?

Somebody posted something a while back about a cyclops being cast? I haven't seen that anywhere else, can anybody confirm this and is this for the Shrek Alley scarezone or the soundstage house?

Well someone was cast as a siren and yes there was a cyclops. I'm guessing this is our Greek themed area that transcends with the Greek house.

Something i really liked about 18 that i feel is happening this year, the SZ's are being tied in with the houses. Though it may only happen for some, i suppose even if any at all. I like the idea of seeing the similar settings in the streets.

Straight from HHNRumors.com a new role update "UPDATE: Nightmare Man #3 - Jaws" this along with the 2 other roles we already know "Valedictorian- Jaws" and "Bed Clothes - Jaws". With these three roles for this one house I'm starting to think NOES. Also the way they are named makes me think these are possibly code names.

Could also be an..All Nite Die In sort of house. Even though that would really suck at the JAWS location.

Cause I hear Valedictorian and I think of like high school/college horror movie...Carrie, The Faculty, Scream,ect,ect.

As soon as I saw nightmare man #3 I thought of noes. It does appear that at least some of that house will be noes considering the 3 roles we know and the burnt wood.

As soon as I saw nightmare man #3 I thought of noes. It does appear that at least some of that house will be noes considering the 3 roles we know and the burnt wood.

UO would have to pay a lot of money to regain the rights to use NOES again, but I doubt it because they are not doing any movie houses. It seems like all houses this year are all going to be original and not going to be using re-hashed ideas.

Nightmare man is too vague to pull the NoES card... Nightmare man could be anything from the boogyman, freddy, or the generic masked Killer.

Well... there is Nightmare. He hasn't been used since 2002.

You know I started thinking an All-Nite Die In thing as well, but Nightmare Man is sort of vague for us to be jumping to conclusions (even though, in actuality, all the clues sort of tie into NOES, but as someone pointed out before, it would take quite the pretty penny for NLC to lend out Mr. Kruger for the festivities this year.)

And oh shit!! I completely forgot all about Scream 4's release next year. Will that be done by Universal?

And I know we discussed no movie based houses this year, but perhaps we might see a few of these characters pop up in that Hollywood SZ we talked about earlier. I mean, if we see characters like Chucky and Mary Shaw, what's stopping Freddy and Scream(who made his appearence in All Nite Die-In 2 back in '06 I believe) from popping up as well? Just a thought...and maybe a little wishful thinking :P

And oh shit!! I completely forgot all about Scream 4's release next year. Will that be done by Universal?

And I know we discussed no movie based houses this year, but perhaps we might see a few of these characters pop up in that Hollywood SZ we talked about earlier. I mean, if we see characters like Chucky and Mary Shaw, what's stopping Freddy and Scream(who made his appearence in All Nite Die-In 2 back in '06 I believe) from popping up as well? Just a thought...and maybe a little wishful thinking :P

I believe scream 4 is miramax films so for them to do a scream house they would prob have to get the rights but i think it would be pretty cool for a future hhn house