HHN XX Speculation II

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said before (about the willow huts) I think they would be awesome in a Norse type lore sz...

Also I noticed some spec on bedclothes... This could be literally a bedclothes scareactor... But I'm leaning towards a generic character in bedclothes... same with "Willow Huts" sure they COULD be the hut... I guess... But it is more likely they are just a generic character the goes boo from the hut.

Oh and sticking with the whole myth idea I would love to see meg mucklebones and Blix

"Willow Huts"...ummm I could be mistaken but weren't there little hut stations set up where the jack-o-lanterns have been for the past years. I believe they were back in 2006 in the harvest of souls scarezone. The creatures from The Village or something like that popped out of them.

mmmm, lol I don't know :)

the problem is that there are no movie related houses, because there are horror movies with this type of environment, Maybe the professors turn against the students lol

LOL, still cant believe most of you are swallowing shadowlurkers drivel..... even after casting has proven much of it false.

What did shadowlurker say, if u dont mind me asking.

He said there would be no Movie based houses, Movie based would be like F13th, TCM, Doomsday Ect.... But not to say there will not be movie RELATED houses, like Demon Cantina in 05... Just sayin!

No movie based houses huh? Hm. Idk if I buy that. There's always a chance there coiuld be ONE. After all, they've been known to pop up even in completely original years lol

While you are not wrong saying they tend to pop them in there. We have solid sources saying there will be non this year. As CD said, this does not mean houses may not reference movies, just that we will not have any houses specifically movie based. And I think that's a great way to celebrate the 20th anniversary year. Throwing in movie houses takes away from the creativity somewhat, while having original themes helps prove why HHN has been so successful.

Saying that, we absolutely love movie houses. They scare us, so what better then to live them. But as I said, when it comes to creating such a house. The are only recreating what's already there.

Agreed. In general, I enjoy the orignial houses more than I have enjoyed the movie houses, although they are VERY fun as well. I hadn't been aware they'd announced there would deffinitely be no houses based on movies this year, but if so, that's cool with me. And as for a house that may reference a movie, I guess all we can do now is wait and see :]

He said there would be no Movie based houses, Movie based would be like F13th, TCM, Doomsday Ect.... But not to say there will not be movie RELATED houses, like Demon Cantina in 05... Just sayin!

Yes. It's a movie theme park, for Pete's sake. Even if a certain movie isn't specifically referenced, you can be sure there will be a ton of ideas ripped...off...from the Silver etc. Demon Cantina was, for all intents and purposes, "From Dusk Till Dawn: The Maze" but it still managed to be pretty good. Everyone loves the Body Collectors, and have apparently collectively agreed to forget that they were stolen lock, stock, and leashed gimp from an episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". Darkness himself is a character from a Ridley Scott movie. A house based around B-movies, "Creatures" was...um, not so good, really. Bad example, forget I said anything about it.

My point is, even if it isn't movie based, it's movie based. And that isn't always a bad thing.

Even though some clues, rooms, and positions indicate the possibility of a house being based off of The Crazies in the Second Sprung Tent...

Yes. It's a movie theme park, for Pete's sake. Even if a certain movie isn't specifically referenced, you can be sure there will be a ton of ideas ripped...off...from the Silver etc. Demon Cantina was, for all intents and purposes, "From Dusk Till Dawn: The Maze" but it still managed to be pretty good. Everyone loves the Body Collectors, and have apparently collectively agreed to forget that they were stolen lock, stock, and leashed gimp from an episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". Darkness himself is a character from a Ridley Scott movie. A house based around B-movies, "Creatures" was...um, not so good, really. Bad example, forget I said anything about it.

My point is, even if it isn't movie based, it's movie based. And that isn't always a bad thing.

Love that you point out the reference to Buffy. I always thought the Body Collectors looked exactly like the guys from the Buffy ep (one of the best/most creepy episodes of the series!), but never had a chance to have it confirmed because I missed both HHNs that happened to feature them! Ugh!

I think you're right though - it's normal to expect houses with some basis from pop culture. We just shouldn't be expecting a blatant tribute like we've had in previous years. And that sounds just fine to me!

Wait, wait... they had creatures similar to those from the Village that year and I missed it? Probably a good thing - I was really freaked out and actually screamed in the movie theater when I saw that movie the first time. The SAs would have had a blast with me.

From what I've seen of various images and video, they were sort of like the "creatures" from The Village but not so much, although I think even most of the background music was from the movie's soundtrack. I think that some of the Harvest of the Soul characters came back for American Gothic in 2008, if I remember correctly. Someone could possibly verify that, the Pumpkinheads/souls and the deer skull looking creatures in tattered robes? But let's see... willow huts, yeah, a place where a SA can be stationed to spring out at those that wander too close. They used that sort of thing in 2005 in the Cemetery Mines scarezone didn't they?

As for the whole Sprung Tent 2 thing, it could be a house inspired by The Crazies. If they are using the cheaper, no-license approach that could be a possibility. I was doing a little reading up on it, and it could be that. While not outright saying "HEY LOOK EVERYBODY, WE'RE DOING A 'THE CRAZIES' HOUSE!!!" they can tweak the maze to flow properly and still remind people of the movie, while not being blatant about it. As the others have mentioned, Universal has gone that route before and still managed a something decent. Besides, it can follow up to the general theme of Deadtropolis, Containment, etc.. the fear of military caused viral or scientific disaster and incidents.

If that lantern is revealing the shadows of our fears through the ages, then couldn't it shed light on things we collectively fear? Synthetic viral outbreak is a modern fear, although diseases that had claimed human lives has also been a trend through history. Combine the two, and perhaps "the Crazies"-like scenario can find its place.

Neither supporting, nor opposing the idea, just stating my opinion.

Hm... as for the other things we have a slight idea for but not including Hollywood Blvd., how can other things possibly work out for this whole overall fear theme..

Well for starters, the Greek scarezone can target our basic childhood fears of monsters and tackle what people had feared or believed about various themes and had attempted to explain through mythology. They feared what they didn't understand at that point in history, which were personified as the monsters we know so fondly. Sirens were originally believed to be creatures with female voices and figures, and yet the perception of them were modeled most likely off of native birds of those regions that would sound similar to what they thought it was. Cyclopes were modeled off of a deformity. Scylla and Charybdis were natural geographical features.

If Sprung Tent 1 is an Egyptian Tomb, while not totally a Mummy-inspired house, it could include not only mummies but possibly figures from myth itself. Set? Anupu/Anubis? Chaos and Death, right there. And given the nature of the event, Anubis would not just be there to weigh the heart... or if he was, would he have beheld the weight of our hearts, and saw it weighed more than the feather of Ma'at, deeming us only fit to behold the demon Ammit and become her next meal? Even if it is in a museum, it can still involve it.

The possible frat house... well given the scenario of a brutal murder taking place in it, well, it's probably inspired by Sorority Row which has been previously mentioned. Another modern fear some might have, venturing out on your own in college and what horrible things could happen, a killer could be on the loose on your campus... haven't we heard this sort of urban legend before?

But again, these are just things that are swirling through my head at 3 in the morning... so they can be taken any way.

Since naming this thread "The Lantern" seems to be causing confusion as to why it was named that, I have simply just put a "II" (2, or v2.0) however you want to look at it.

Naming it the Lantern did not mean we could only talk about the Lantern, or that the Lantern was going to be some kind of "ICON" for the event. It isn't and it won't be. The Lantern may be symbolic to the event however.

Some random stuff was removed. Keep on speculating.

I'm not going try and rant to prove a point anymore so please dont think that with this reply...

I was told by Shadow and a few others that this wont have movie base characters, but I took it the wrong way. A&D doesnt want to pay to use a character ie SAW, NLC, or any other popular Horror characters that are not Universal own. So I'm sorry I went off on people....

They can have houses inspired by horror movies.. All there doing is twisting the story to make it there own idea.. Big difference between that and a house based on horror movie.

Now that I said that...

I do agree the lantern is the key to the whole event, just like BM music box was, so lets all watch it grow brighter and reveled what is lurking in the darkness at HHN 20.

Edited by Dr. Raymond Holmes

I was just about to point that out, Bruinsfan.

We have been talking about mythology for quite some time now, along with all the past HHN character spec. :] This has been going on for a month or so now, as a matter of fact lol

On the topic of Hollywood Blvd, I don't think having a SZ that could double as a photo op would be a bad idea. I'm sure we cou;d get a few scares, especially since the line up that was mentioned was FAR from being un-scarey lol I can think of quite a few people on that list I'd like to take a pictrue with lol

On the topic of Hollywood Blvd, I don't think having a SZ that could double as a photo op would be a bad idea. I'm sure we cou;d get a few scares, especially since the line up that was mentioned was FAR from being un-scarey lol I can think of quite a few people on that list I'd like to take a pictrue with lol

well, I don't dislike the idea of a photo op scarezone, scarezones are fun, but they never seem scary to me, well the Chainsaws or zombies year they are scary, but most of the time scarezones are more fun than scary, to get scared I go to the houses, some people do get scared by the scarezones, and that's really fun to watch too, but if they make One scarezone out of six for photos, I don't see that as a bad thing

lmao watch...come August we find out the theme is something like the "Director's twisted film festival." rofl xD with all unoriginal houses and that damned festival of the damned parade LMAOOOO xD

This doesn't have me laughing a single bit. I get what your saying, but oh lord what a sad day it would be.

I was thinking about the Lantern and how it flickers. We say it will lead us, and show us these shadows and what not. Im wondering if the flicker will grow brighter and brighter as the site is updating as it lays. Eventually getting bright enough, to where its no longer even flickering and exposing all there is for us to see form deep in the shadows.

Since the Tales of Terror teaser site the object featured on the page does play a part in the event but is not the main focus. Hence the word "teaser". I don't think the lantern is going to be this all mighty object of the event. I know this is what most have already stated but the design of the lantern not only looks very "earthy" but the sides look like roots/branches. To me this teaser proves we will have a tree this year being the center of the event.

This doesn't have me laughing a single bit. I get what your saying, but oh lord what a sad day it would be.

I was thinking about the Lantern and how it flickers. We say it will lead us, and show us these shadows and what not. Im wondering if the flicker will grow brighter and brighter as the site is updating as it lays. Eventually getting bright enough, to where its no longer even flickering and exposing all there is for us to see form deep in the shadows.

I think you`r onto something.I mean its sitting on some table or stone something. And I swear when I went to check it this morning it would stay lit up longer than when it would stay lit for a few seconds.

"Willow Huts"...ummm I could be mistaken but weren't there little hut stations set up where the jack-o-lanterns have been for the past years. I believe they were back in 2006 in the harvest of souls scarezone. The creatures from The Village or something like that popped out of them.

My video of Harvest

I don't remember huts. there were the tall tree/scarecrow/Jeepers Creepers guys...

There were the little goblin gus running around with what sounded like a duck call...

The hooded skull looking guys...

And then the dapper dressed pumpkin guys.

Again, there is really info out there... I don't know who the good Doc is talking about... But so far I have heard pretty much the same from all my sources. No straight movie houses and mythology will be involved.

Edited by JWFearman

I think you`r onto something.I mean its sitting on some table or stone something. And I swear when I went to check it this morning it would stay lit up longer than when it would stay lit for a few seconds.

I would have said that it's in some wooded graveyard some where (and it could be) because of the crickets you can hear and the stone thing it's standing on (It would also explain the roots.) But you also hear the damned dripping water. What kind of place has dripping water and crickets...?

If that lantern is revealing the shadows of our fears through the ages, then couldn't it shed light on things we collectively fear? Synthetic viral outbreak is a modern fear, although diseases that had claimed human lives has also been a trend through history. Combine the two, and perhaps "the Crazies"-like scenario can find its place.

I think that was all a cool idea but i feel like they wont do the viral outbreak thing because of last years swine flu outbreak, they try to stay away from things that remind people of the real world issues. But i love your idea and i would be happy if they did it

My video of Harvest

I don't remember huts. there were the tall tree/scarecrow/Jeepers Creepers guys...

There were the little goblin gus running around with what sounded like a duck call...

The hooded skull looking guys...

And then the dapper dressed pumpkin guys.

Again, there is really info out there... I don't know who the good Doc is talking about... But so far I have heard pretty much the same from all my sources. No straight movie houses and mythology will be involved.

Here is the video I got of Harvest of Souls.