HHN XX Speculation II

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this is off topic, but I wdidn't want to post this in Construction since technically this is spec.

I was watching one of the videos on the web site and there was a small clip of a computer walk through of a house. I'm not sure what year it was and I'm not sure what house it was for, but it included a part that had you walking out through a garage, much like the one we have seen in the disater cue pics. Could we see a repeat of this particular house or is it just a coincidense.

Sorry if this is off topic, but I wdidn't want to post this in Construction since technically this is spec.

I was watching one of the videos on the web site and there was a small clip of a computer walk through of a house. I'm not sure what year it was and I'm not sure what house it was for, but it included a part that had you walking out through a garage, much like the one we have seen in the disater cue pics. Could we see a repeat of this particular house or is it just a coincidense.

I remember that video... it debut as the teaser for 2008. I don't know what house it was for (probably Creatures?) but there was wild speculation then about the house. I don't know how long in advance they do the house sketchups, but I'm assuming it was for 2008 because another part of the video showed a section of scary tales.

I remember that video... it debut as the teaser for 2008. I don't know what house it was for (probably Creatures?) but there was wild speculation then about the house. I don't know how long in advance they do the house sketchups, but I'm assuming it was for 2008 because another part of the video showed a section of scary tales.

I didn't get to go in '08, so do you think it might be a return of Creatures? or is it just a generic house that we'll be going through type of thing. I know it's hard to tell because we know almost nothing about the event. Hence the speculation. Ijust thought that I'd throw this out there.

I didn't get to go in '08, so do you think it might be a return of Creatures? or is it just a generic house that we'll be going through type of thing. I know it's hard to tell because we know almost nothing about the event. Hence the speculation. Ijust thought that I'd throw this out there.

I don't think it has anything to do with this year honestly. Everything in there is a recap of past years. not too much alluding to this years event.

So I have a theory about this yr and of course take this with a grain of salt...

So in 2008 we were introduce to Bloody Mary but also LT and Cary, Ohio.. At the time we didnt know what was so special about Cary, Ohio.. All we knew it was home to BM, BM abandon office, and LT home office. Well then in 2009 we learn more about Cary, Ohio from JMR. He said it was there Castle Rock but he really didnt go into much details beyond that.. So moving towards the event we saw that Pump Station #19, UPT, and Meetz Meats where all in Cary, Ohio.

Now lets fastfoward to HHN 20...

What if this yr we explore more of Cary, Ohio and we get to the root of the horror. We can do that thru LT of course.

It's really funny that you wrote this as I was going to write something very similar. I wrote the following in this thread on May 5:

"As I said on the other site's forum before it went down, I can really see the Skoolhouse being very central to this year's event. It was a key part of the storyline in 2008 and all of Dr. Agana's patients were connected to it through family ties. I think our icons are tied to this very important location as well although I'm not entirely sure how. I think the Skoolhouse will return as it has been one of the most revered scarezones of all time (well at least since my first HHN in 2002) and I really did miss seeing it in its full glory last year. I love the "tree" theories that have been rooted into the many ideas of what this year's event has in store for us. I can easily see a large tree across from Mel's (hopefully accompanied by the Skoolhouse) that plays a major role in the overall story of HHN past. Carey, Ohio will most definitely return since its true inception into the main storyline in 2008 and the many references that A&D has made towards the mystical town in Nowhere, USA."

In addition to this post, it makes perfect sense for us to visit the root of all evil that arose from Carey, Ohio since it has been such a focus of the event over the past few years (maybe even since the early days of HHN). Besides the places already mentioned by Charles, we might be visiting and/or re-visiting places in Carey. Also, remember that Elm Street is in Springwood, Ohio and the Crazies was based in a small town in Iowa (close enough, right?). Besides, the Disaster queue house seems to be a model of a suburban house/town as others have mentioned. We might be literally taken through Carey, Ohio at this year's event.

Based on some reliable information posted on here, we have heard that it is not going to be as much of a reunion year as we originally thought. But, I still like the idea I posted a few weeks ago about Albert Caine looking for a soul for Cindy. Maybe he has returned to Ohio (from Georgia, right?) to look for a proper soul for his daughter. dante asked a question that I never answered. Based on the Shadows from the Past scarezone, Albert and Cindy were roaming the ground, while Jack and Julian were searching the crowd from above. It is possible that, while not being a rehash year, such icons will help Albert Caine search Carey for the perfect soul for Cindy's resurrection. An example . . . the Storyteller could search through her books on Greek Mythology, the Director could search Elm Street (while not mentioning Freddy by name, of course), Julian could search his theater and the rest of the town, etc. And who knows, a carnival may be in town (as in Midway of the Bizarre in Amity) and we know who would search that area. I'm just trying to put some ideas together with what I really would like to see and that is just called speculation, right?

-- Voorhees

So, I thought I would start my first post off with a discovery/thought. I believe I may have figured out what one of the houses will be for this years Halloween Horror Nights XX. The Thing house.

With The Thing (movie) being released in early 2011, I have no doubt that this house, first seen at HHN XVII: Carnival of Carnage in 2007, will reappear this year. It will most likely be called The Thing: Resurrected – or something along those lines (as seen with previous repeat houses such as Scream House: Resurrected seen at HHN Sweet 16). The Thing house was also brought up in previous event clippings seen on the new teaser website for HHN XX, so I really believe that this could be one of the featured houses this year! I know there has been some rumors that there won't be any movie houses this year, but I really think even if it doesn't show up as a house, I'm sure we'll see it incorporated

Do you think this could be a possibility or not likely?

First off, you are offering your opinions but presenting them as facts. Do you really have "no doubt" and are "sure" that The Thing "will reappear this year"? You proclaim to even know what the house will be called. You even titled your blog "Breaking: The Thing House To Be At Halloween Horror Nights XX". I would be careful with the way you present your opinions.

To answer your question, yes I do think the Thing will return to HHN. Do I think it will return at this year's event? I think it's HIGHLY unlikely.

It's really funny that you wrote this as I was going to write something very similar. I wrote the following in this thread on May 5:

"As I said on the other site's forum before it went down, I can really see the Skoolhouse being very central to this year's event. It was a key part of the storyline in 2008 and all of Dr. Agana's patients were connected to it through family ties. I think our icons are tied to this very important location as well although I'm not entirely sure how. I think the Skoolhouse will return as it has been one of the most revered scarezones of all time (well at least since my first HHN in 2002) and I really did miss seeing it in its full glory last year. I love the "tree" theories that have been rooted into the many ideas of what this year's event has in store for us. I can easily see a large tree across from Mel's (hopefully accompanied by the Skoolhouse) that plays a major role in the overall story of HHN past. Carey, Ohio will most definitely return since its true inception into the main storyline in 2008 and the many references that A&D has made towards the mystical town in Nowhere, USA."

In addition to this post, it makes perfect sense for us to visit the root of all evil that arose from Carey, Ohio since it has been such a focus of the event over the past few years (maybe even since the early days of HHN). Besides the places already mentioned by Charles, we might be visiting and/or re-visiting places in Carey. Also, remember that Elm Street is in Springwood, Ohio and the Crazies was based in a small town in Iowa (close enough, right?). Besides, the Disaster queue house seems to be a model of a suburban house/town as others have mentioned. We might be literally taken through Carey, Ohio at this year's event.

Based on some reliable information posted on here, we have heard that it is not going to be as much of a reunion year as we originally thought. But, I still like the idea I posted a few weeks ago about Albert Caine looking for a soul for Cindy. Maybe he has returned to Ohio (from Georgia, right?) to look for a proper soul for his daughter. dante asked a question that I never answered. Based on the Shadows from the Past scarezone, Albert and Cindy were roaming the ground, while Jack and Julian were searching the crowd from above. It is possible that, while not being a rehash year, such icons will help Albert Caine search Carey for the perfect soul for Cindy's resurrection. An example . . . the Storyteller could search through her books on Greek Mythology, the Director could search Elm Street (while not mentioning Freddy by name, of course), Julian could search his theater and the rest of the town, etc. And who knows, a carnival may be in town (as in Midway of the Bizarre in Amity) and we know who would search that area. I'm just trying to put some ideas together with what I really would like to see and that is just called speculation, right?

-- Voorhees

Maybe your right and this yr the whole event takes place in Cary, Ohio instead one or two houses.

I guess we have to wait and see..

I have heard from a reliable soruce that Gorgons have been spotted in Ohio from time to time...

Seriously though...

The Thing will not be back this year. Whether or not Ohio is incorporated would be negligible... The GP has no concept of this... it would be left to the LT.

But I don't see how a siren, cyclops, army of Hades, or Medusa have anything to do with Ohio...

Edited by JWFearman

So, does that mean that Carey is on a Hellmouth? The last Buffy episode had Giles mentioning that there was one in Cleveland...

Mae

Interesting concept!... I hadn't heard of that before... I have so many cool ideas floating around to draw based off all the ideas in here. Once I'm done with my series I will jump on them.

Edited by JWFearman

I have heard from a reliable soruce that Gorgons have been spotted in Ohio from time to time...

Seriously though...

The Thing will not be back this year. Whether or not Ohio is incorporated would be negligible... The GP has no concept of this... it would be left to the LT.

But I don't see how a siren, cyclops, army of Hades, or Medusa have anything to do with Ohio...

Two options:

1) We may be taking a trip through a story.

Or, more likely . . .

2) If Carey is the root of all evil, then it may be possible that it is the doorway to hell itself. Maybe there is no tie to the Storyteller, maybe Nightmare will lead us through this area/house. After all, he was there in the Shadows from the Past scarezone.

-- Voorhees

2) If Carey is the root of all evil, then it may be possible that it is the doorway to hell itself. Maybe there is no tie to the Storyteller, maybe Nightmare will lead us through this area/house. After all, he was there in the Shadows from the Past scarezone.

Sorry man, I think you're mistaken. Nightmare was not in the special Shadows scarezone. Really like the idea of Cary, OH being on a hellmouth though. But I doubt they'll go down that road.

Edited by ZombieDUG

I'm reeeally liking the idea of the event taking place in Carey, Ohio. Personally, I think they've been building up to it over the past couple of years (which I'm pretty sure someone mentioned a few posts back lol)

Voorhees, I'm REEEALLY digging what you've puttin' down. Idk if they'll do the whole "Caretaker looking for a soul for Sindy" thing, but I got a strooong feeling Sindy will be here this year. After all, why go through the trouble of introducing her last year in the "Shadows of the Past" SZ if they were never going to mention her ever again? Just a thought on my part...

But seriously though, the idea of the whole event taking place in Carey Ohio is a concept that really excites me. I'd really like to see what else those sneaky basterds have lurking around their so-called innocent town :P hehe Maybe we'll even see a new icon come out of there. Maybe not this year, but in the years to come :] I wouldn't doubt it hah

Sorry man, I think you're mistaken. Nightmare was not in the special Shadows scarezone. Really like the idea of Carey, OH being on a hellmouth though. But I doubt they'll go down that road.

Oh yeah right. My mistake - he was on the place holder site before the most recent update. As JWFearman said, there are so many ideas that are being thrown out there that I think we all get a little confused somtimes. I knew I saw him recently, but was mistaken as to where.

-- Voorhees

I know alot of my posts go alittle unnoticed which is ok. But my moms universal representative just had a meeting with her boss and she told my mom that there will be a very big announcement on august 26th :) thats kinda far away but just remember you heard it here first :)

I know alot of my posts go alittle unnoticed which is ok. But my moms universal representative just had a meeting with her boss and she told my mom that there will be a very big announcement on august 26th :) thats kinda far away but just remember you heard it here first :)

Thanks Alex!

The Thursday before Labor Day weekend? That's usually when we get the full update very late at night/early in the morning.

I know this may be a little off topic. But could there be a possibility of us having a completely Black and White haunted house, actors and environment all painted? I mean, it seems classic, and would really fit as a marker for the early years of HHN.

This is just an idea that popped into my head after seeing grey planks on the construction thread. So my apologies for randomness.

Edited by Sohrin

Just want to throw something out here...... The Shadows scarezone was not only presented to be a preview of HHN XX, but also used to gauge fan response and get some ideas from the diehard HHN followers. I know some people on here were interviewed for this purpose.

I'll say it again, think outside the box. Try not to base all of your speculation on Shadows of the Past.

I know this may be a little off topic. But could there be a possibility of us having a completely Black and White haunted house, actors and environment all painted? I mean, it seems classic, and would really fit as a marker for the early years of HHN.

This is just an idea that popped into my head after seeing grey planks on the construction thread. So my apologies for randomness.

A Black and White House/Scarezone has been a frequent topic on this board and previous boards for years. It may even be the most requested haunt.

I know JW loves this idea. IIRC, he even created concept art based on a B&W scarezone idea that he had.

I know JW loves this idea. IIRC, he even created concept art based on a B&W scarezone idea that he had.

yep last year...

screamzone.png

I don't know how well it fits not being a movie year.. but still would love to see it.

Edited by JWFearman