HHN XX Speculation II

Dr. Jimmy I always looks forward to ur point of view :D lol

I'm really liking the whole frat party idea. And with the things you mentioned, caniibalism, ritualism, etc, this could turn into the wildest toga party ever seen rofl I mean, it can be done. I think it's a pretty nifty idea and plus, Im pretty sure Universal hasnt done anything like it before :P Wow....a demented version of animal house....I love it!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what bonovox was saying about the myths and what not. I've been thinking that as well, similar to how 18 was bringing to life fairy tales. We now will be bringing to life all the things we know to well, thy we cant prove to be real. From the mythology characters, area 51, Bigfoot, the boogyman. Those all just being a general basis, not meaning they will all be apart of the event. Though as was said, all things we fear, and fear because we never see...just hear about and sometimes feel.

Omg a boogeyman house would be awesome! how come he hasnt been an icon yet? I think for myths or fairy tales he wouldve been a perfect candidate? Idk maybe we will see him one year? who knows. anyways the writing on the lantern and the way it looks makes me think of the Hallow? is that just me?

i saw that and thought tentacles which made me think cthulu? lol also would the charracters page be our characters for this year. and also the enviroments theyve never been called that before? but thats our houses and sz for this year. just my thoughts yay or nay?

i posted this on the very first page. How do we know that this isnt the site how do we know that it will change? I mean they have the characters pages and environments? If they were for previous years why wouldnt they just realease it with the rest of the site instead of making us wait?. I think this may be the final site. Im probly wrong but hey who knows?

Well, now in addition to Queen of Hearts, Chucky, Mary Shaw, Pumpkinhead, Dead Cheerleader, Chainsaws and Stiltwalkers we have learned that a character not seen since 2007 but often the subject of controversial rumors will return in the scarezone on Hollywood Blvd.

So lovely Chance gets to come back at last.

Every time anyone broaches this they get told something like "why would Universal A&D base the whole event on a rumor that's been around for three years?"

But what if it's not the whole event but just a single scarezone? This scarezone may be the final farewell to many characters we have loved in the past, why not give them a fond farewell with a "happy ending"? (get your minds out of the gutters, kids!)

What if this scarezone turns out to be called something like... Horrorwood Honeymoon???

There's no such thing as over thinking when you're speculating :) speculating is made to let your imagination run wild :D

I agree, though at the same time. Some people say and come up with things that just are just silly and make no sense. Speculation is fun, when we get to see and hear many ideas, though people have to be careful not to just say things for the sake of saying it.

The good thing about now, with the role names coming out, we are getting a better idea of what to speculate on and about. The things that have been said in the past couple of days, have been much better to read than what's been said in the past months.

Guest FL Universal Jax

It is a really interesting idea, but I agree! I dont know if it will ever happen :/ Time will tell, I guess. I'm just not sure how open the public would be as to having an object icon after being spoiled on such incredible flesh-and-bone icons for the past ten years hah

Well, my understanding was that the public truly didnt ever care who the icon was or how he managed to take over HHN each October. I think many of us tend to forget that the normal visiter visits HHN for 1 of 2 reasons. Number 1, they are already on vacation doind the whole Uni/Disney thing, or Number 2, they visit for the atmosphere (drinking, hangout, friends, etc.).

I remember talking to many people in the past who wold stand in line for a house and have absolutely no clue what they were about to see. Which, is ok for some people. I know many of us here and HHN fans elsewhere know that many of the general public will only see whats on TV and thus have no true clue as to what the event is truly about.

Thus, with all that being said, why not change the course of HHN by getting away from the repetitive story line. I mean, it seems that every year, we have some icon, that gets killed, comes back to life, then turns the streets of Universal into there own evil play ground of haunts and scares.

Just think, what if the event wasnt about a character, but an idea. What if HHN was about a single idea that encompassed many parts. For example, some years back there was alot of talk about doing a Stephen King HHN. If something like this was done, they would have different houses and different SZ's based on his novels and movies. However, there wouldnt be a character, just a set of common ideas.

DISCLAIMER.... the Stephen King event was just use as an example, so please dont run with that...

Dr Jimmy your speculation keeps this thread running!! haha i absolutely love the idea of a college gone wrong type house, i was talking with my sister yesterday after i read the cast part that looked like a college theme and we just went on and on forever on the things they could do with it. I think it could be one of those houses we never forget (unlike DOT:R, just to give an example)

well put Mr.Bungle. And I agree; the speculation, give or take a few things, over the last few days has been alot better than in the previous months. We have a little bit more to work with now so there's no excuse for pulling something completely out of our butts :P

And as much of a point as Jax made, I have to agree with tweedledum: I really don't think the lantern is the icon.

Edited by Lambier

What if this scarezone on Hollywood Blvd. is Shadows of the Past but as an expanded area. That might just be what it could be.. and possibly a (don't moan at this, now) photo op area, even though most of the members here hate it so much. I mean, the assortment of character names we've been given are randomly given out. Your typical scarezone is somewhat more put together in character placement, isn't it? Well.. it could be a welcome and goodbye to the characters you've all come to know over the years. But... aren't chainsaw and stilt characters in the same area a disaster waiting to happen?

What if this scarezone on Hollywood Blvd. is Shadows of the Past but as an expanded area. That might just be what it could be.. and possibly a (don't moan at this, now) photo op area, even though most of the members here hate it so much. I mean, the assortment of character names we've been given are randomly given out. Your typical scarezone is somewhat more put together in character placement, isn't it? Well.. it could be a welcome and goodbye to the characters you've all come to know over the years. But... aren't chainsaw and stilt characters in the same area a disaster waiting to happen?

I have only been imagining the characters roaming the sz. I'm just now trying to think about how it could be themed, and I've got nothing. Bringing back all these characters in the same zone as such. They have to find a way to get it to make sense. Though I do agree there will be good opportunities for photo ops, I can't imagine the sz lacking in scares. At the same time, it makes me laugh that people will get so excited to see past characters, they just won't be scared.

Well to look at it in another way.. What was Horror Comes Home like for Sweet 16, wasn't that a photo op area filled with random past characters with limited scare opportunities also? Wouldn't this be the same thing?

Well to look at it in another way.. What was Horror Comes Home like for Sweet 16, wasn't that a photo op area filled with random past characters with limited scare opportunities also? Wouldn't this be the same thing?

you'd really hope not. overall it'll be nice to see the characters, and yes take pictures. I wouldn't think they'd create a SZ for just that reason. I could be wrong.

That is exactly what Hollywood Blvd. was set up like for Sweet 16...full of random characters from the past, more for photo ops and limited scares. Perhaps we are looking at the same concept for this year, just with a selection of more updated characters.

I could see the Hollywood zone being a photo op zone were it not for the chainsaws. As I speculated before, maybe the chainsaws cast for Hollywood are actually for a roaming CDT?

Roaming CDT = never ending laughs...because no one can run from them when they have no clue where their going to turn up at to being with! ;)

^^ With the random assortment of characters I can see it being a photo op area like Fractured Tales. I wouldn't mind taking pictures with some of the characters listed for the zone.

My thoughts exactly

With the cyclops added it is just making it more and more obvious that there will be Greek Mythology.

Like I said before (about the willow huts) I think they would be awesome in a Norse type lore sz...

Also I noticed some spec on bedclothes... This could be literally a bedclothes scareactor... But I'm leaning towards a generic character in bedclothes... same with "Willow Huts" sure they COULD be the hut... I guess... But it is more likely they are just a generic character the goes boo from the hut.

Oh and sticking with the whole myth idea I would love to see meg mucklebones and Blix

Edited by JWFearman

maybe the reason they don't put masks on Chainsaw wielding actors in the streets is a safety issue. they don't what their vision impaired while chasing people around a scare zone.

I got hit just above my left Eye by Chainsaw santa in black chrismas house a couple of years ago. it left a small scare, which is like a HHN memory forever. I'm still not scared of chainsaw actors.

75 days I can't wait

mmmmm I don't know, I don't see a problem if they had chainsaws in more than one scarezone, HHN always has them,

The only thing I kinda wish sometimes is that they gave the scareactors with chainsaws a mask or something, I don't know, kinda like Eddie, but for all of them, sometimes the red blood paint alone just doesn't do it for me, I also kinda wish they used the stuff that was used for the movie Hostel, the mask and the leather gloves, it would look really cool.

hostel.jpg

maybe the reason they don't put masks on Chainsaw wielding actors in the streets is a safety issue. they don't what their vision impaired while chasing people around a scare zone.

I got hit just above my left Eye by Chainsaw santa in black chrismas house a couple of years ago. it left a small scare, which is like a HHN memory forever. I'm still not scared of chainsaw actors.

75 days I can't wait

Oh you got hurt?!

that sucks, I get your point, I guess is better that they don't have anything covering their face.

I'm just thinking, and I might be the only one, but the Frat house idea sounds kinda awful to me, I don't know, I guess is because of the idea of frat houses in general, well, if it ends up being the frat house, I would wish is really gory and scary.

Horror Comes Home was set up as a photo op while it was light was out. When it went dark, it became a scarezone.