HHN XX Speculation II

Calm down boys.

Life is short, Drink plenty of drinks from Flashy cups and calm down..

Wait, Flashy Cups, they light up, and have been used to light guests way thru houses. Could the Lantern be in reference to the Flashy Cups?

I think that's it! The lantern is trying to tell us that the flashy, blinking cups and shot glasses will indeed return this year!

Yes!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes I was told the same thing on my tour that year, that the photo in the foyer of Sreamhouse was his child Cindy.

the photo was a prop and it was used in dead silence the next year, so does it really matter if it was Cindy or not? and as someone has already said there are many possibilities why her hair was blond in that one picture of her. oh here's a good one , her hair was blond till she died and it mysteriously turn black at the funeral home, and once she rose from the dead it stayed black.

Cindy has black hair. The photo of her blonde is a screen shot of her when she was on "Toddlers & Tiaras".

Cindy did have black hair in the coffin and in the scarezone last year. However, I do remember on the tour them saying that it was Cindy. Personally, I think it'd be cool if Caretaker was a creepy old perv who took advantage of kids but that would never happen. This world is too PC. :(

Just looking at your art makes me wonder why in Hades hasn't A&D asked you to work for them!!! Your art is simply amazing.

I have a tan and athletic daughter that does not look crazy or spooky in any way. That's what throws people off when she talks about zombies and picks up spiders and lizards to play with outside. As much as I love your work, I think the 'Bad Seed' sort of Cindy would be scarier.

Mae

How do you know that I dont? lol thank you.

Hey guys! I know a lot of people have been curious about what the lantern could mean for this year's Halloween Horror Nights XX so I decided to do a little analysis!

The image on their website is kind of hard to see so I used the picture from Universal's e-mail they sent out to do a bit of zooming in on. ;-)

I haven't come up with any concrete evidence on what this could all mean, but if you look very closely "from the flickering light eerie shapes begin to take form" literally ;-). You really have to look hard for the figures, but I've pointed out areas of the lantern that look like creatures or characters hidden in the lantern design. I personally think, the clown, the cloaked character that looks like the scream character and Wolfman can easily be seen. I'm going to update the article soon with some images to compare to so it might make it easier to see the hidden creatures.

Look at the blown up images and see what you can pick out and let me know your thoughts and speculations.

Remember that Universal created the lantern from scratch, therefore it's likely they gave us some Easter Eggs within the lanterns design. Not sure if that means we will see what's in the lantern at this year's event, but I thought it was pretty cool to share my findings.

I wrote a whole article with a huge image of the blown up lantern included, explaining what I think each item is and a breakdown of each figure on my blog. If you want to read it and see the HUGE blow up lantern image check it out here.

What do think?? Any thoughts on what this could mean??

Click here to view the image.

Interesting cryptic comment. I do not know of the reliability of The_Insider, but I do know the context of this particular Chrismas song.

This song is a war song about soldiers hoping the war will end soon so that they can return home to be with their families for the Holidays. It is a rather sad song in that in the lyrics you get a sense that the singer doesn't really expect this to come to pass. The song concludes with the follwing:

"I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams"

Another interesting thing about this fellow's mysterious teaser is this: why is Wednesday happy?

You have such indepth analysis, Dr. Jimmy, I feel almost embarassed to admit my first thought when I read that was another Psychoscareapy house, since the last one was Home for the Holidays. I know everyone says to keep looking forward, and not back, but personally I would love to see another Psychoscareapy house. Whether he/she is alluding to that or not, who knows.

It is a possibility that we are looking into this way too far, but right now, its what we have. I do see the mummy and and the clown very clearly. But for all we know its just as you said, pareidolia.

But what I am really wondering is about what I had said earlier. Could the lantern have caused that fire for the burnt wood, or the caretakers house? Is the lantern the "source" of evil for our icons, who could all have held it at one point? Does the lantern torment the souls of its weilders, and drives them to their evil state that we know them as? What do you guys think?

It is a possibility that we are looking into this way too far, but right now, its what we have. I do see the mummy and and the clown very clearly. But for all we know its just as you said, pareidolia.

But what I am really wondering is about what I had said earlier. Could the lantern have caused that fire for the burnt wood, or the caretakers house? Is the lantern the "source" of evil for our icons, who could all have held it at one point? Does the lantern torment the souls of its weilders, and drives them to their evil state that we know them as? What do you guys think?

That's true. But you're right it's all we have to go off of.

That's an interesting thought about the fire and the caretakers house. The idea would make for a great opening event clip ;-) of how each icon came to hold the lantern.

As of now, all posts NOT relating to the speculation of HHN XX, and all the RANDOM or other OFF-TOPIC posts WILL BE DELETED. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

If anyone has any issues with this, or think it's too harsh please PM a Staff member with your thoughts as we value them.

That's true. But you're right it's all we have to go off of.

That's an interesting thought about the fire and the caretakers house. The idea would make for a great opening event clip ;-) of how each icon came to hold the lantern.

I could definitely see that happen in a video relating to the event this yr. Maybe we will see each of the 6 icons in their human/mortal state and it will show them touching the lantern thus turning them into the icons we all know.

Edited by horror lover

The Storyteller needs light to properly read from her storybook.

The Caretaker needs a lantern to aid in graverobbing during the night hours.

The Director needs lights to shine on his victims and make them look their "Sunday best" for the camera.

The Usher needs a flashlight in order to weed out those being disrespectful to his theater.

Old-world carnivals used lanterns as makeshift spotlights during shows.

Jack-o-lanterns are a major focal point of the Halloween season.

It would be shocking to not see the lantern on the site become a major focal point of this year's Horror Nights.

I could definitely see that happen in a video relating to the event this yr. Maybe we will see each of the 6 icons in their human/mortal state and it will show them touching the lantern thus turning them into the icons we all know.

That would be cool, though the Director is still a normal human and doesn't really have a separate mortal state.

Something I'd like to see is the icons having a connection to original houses. Like the Director could be related to a house themed around a slasher in a college, filming it for his next picture. There could then be TV's in the house and queue showing footage from cameras so you can watch the scares.

Another house could be related to the Storyteller, with her telling another story to bring you into. Icon houses don't necessarily have to be directly related to them. The Director doesn't have to show us classic horror films and the Caretaker doesn't have to appear in his mansion.

Imagine this. A floating lantern in the darkness. it begins to glow a bright orange and it shows us how 6 very unfortunate individuals became horrific entities.

A clown performing on stage at a circus while his brother is in the audience.

A mortician performing surgery on a sick patient as his daughter looks on.

A aspiring film director is shooting footage for his next project.

An elderly woman is in a library reading a storybook to children.

A woman is sitting in a doctor's office, interviewing a patient in front of a mirror**

An usher makes the rounds at his theater searching the aisles with a flashlight.

** Only if Mary is indeed a part of this year. If she isn't, then skip this idea.

Then the light from the lantern seems to glow around the person and briefly transform them into the icon that the

person is destined to become. then the 6 individuals each discover a lantern nearby and, curiosity getting the best of them, touch the lantern and slowly undergo the transformation into the Icons. SO this year, we might not only see Ringmaster, Caretaker, Storyteller, Usher, Director, BM. maybe we see their earthly personas and see how they became who they are now.

Imagine this. A floating lantern in the darkness. it begins to glow a bright orange and it shows us how 6 very unfortunate individuals became horrific entities.

A woman is sitting in a doctor's office, interviewing a patient in front of a mirror**

An usher makes the rounds at his theater searching the aisles with a flashlight.

** Only if Mary is indeed a part of this year. If she isn't, then skip this idea.

Then the light from the lantern seems to glow around the person and briefly transform them into the icon that the

person is destined to become. then the 6 individuals each discover a lantern nearby and, curiosity getting the best of them, touch the lantern and slowly undergo the transformation into the Icons. SO this year, we might not only see Ringmaster, Caretaker, Storyteller, Usher, Director, BM. maybe we see their earthly personas and see how they became who they are now.

Ridiculously epic/cool idea. I could see each of those shots playing out; all with no individual audio, of course, there'd have to be some creepy/nostalgic track playing over the whole thing. The "transformation" moment could be amazing... I hope this year's commercial is as cool as that, rather than being a 2009 meh-fest.

Guest EmericBelasco

As FDR said in his First Inaugural Address:

Let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is Fear itself: nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror.

Thats a pretty cool idea, though please let jack NOT be in his ringmaster form. He's creepier when he's the stalking clown figure.

As for the current insider clue for the Disaster house, maybe this might have a neighborhood under attack theme. If it's involving a war maybe it's involving the Cold War (most likely a nuclear attack in the middle of suburbia leading to radioactive zombies.) So for the house I'm thinking 1# a radioactive zombie house #2 A chirstmas based house. But the insider might be playing us (not saying that he is though.)

As for the current insider clue for the Disaster house, maybe this might have a neighborhood under attack theme. in spite of Jimmy tracing the quote to FDR this house isn't involving WW2 due to the van in the pictures dating back to the 80's. If it's involving a war maybe it's involving the Cold War (most likely a nuclear attack in the middle of suburbia leading to radioactive zombies.) So for the house I'm thinking 1# a radioactive zombie house #2 A chirstmas based house. But the insider might be playing us (not saying that he is though.)

God, I hope that's not true, because that's my worst fear. I don't want to have a nervous breakdown at my favorite event on earth, okay?

Edited by Badyesgoodmaybe

Hmm...'forgot about that zone, but what I was trying to emphasize was a black and white house. Like a classic movie, not sort of "trippy" feel, but an old-time feel. For instance, on the official HHN Orlando site, the first picture you see for "legacy" is what I am aiming for.

Also, I must thank those of you who incorporated the rest of the icons into the whole "lantern making the icons" idea. I like how it's going. All the icons have used light, some more prevalent than others.

But the best part is, if universal is using the lantern, they will take away our feeling of security. 'allow me to explain. By incorporating light as the source of fear, we are no longer safe. We go to light because we fear the dark. But now we fear light. We are not safe anywhere. It seems quite paradoxical.

alright...now that my wireless internet is up and running again, I have returned to speculate with all of you hah

I flipped through the last few pages just to recap on what delicious goodies we might have stumbled upon. I like all the ideas about Cindy bobbing around (Yes.....fangirls can be Cindy fans too.) I really doubt she and Chance are the same person...but I have a feeling we'll be seeing both of them this year. In some form, in some way.

Also, idr who posted it, but someone mentioned the Nightmare character's backstory. I had no idea he had one, I'm ashamed to say, but this story seemed to match all the clues we've put together concerning the Jaws Queue House. Maybe this could signal his return Or perhaps HHN have something more sinister up its sleeve. Hm....

Also....what was all that talk converning Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays. It threw me for a loop xD

Edited by Lambier

So I was looking through the website, and noticed they were focusing on a few houses. So I wrote them out...

1. PSYCHO

2. The Boneyard

3. House Of Horrors

4. Hotel Hell

5. SS Frightanic

6. Fear House

7. RUN

8. Scary Tales

9. Psycho-scarapy

10. Castle Vampyr

11. Body Collectors

12. A Nightmare On Elm Street

13. The Thing

Do you think any of this has something to do about the houses, or scarezones?

If not sorry about wasting space. :/

So I was looking through the website, and noticed they were focusing on a few houses. So I wrote them out...

1. PSYCHO

2. The Boneyard

3. House Of Horrors

4. Hotel Hell

5. SS Frightanic

6. Fear House

7. RUN

8. Scary Tales

9. Psycho-scarapy

10. Castle Vampyr

11. Body Collectors

13. The Thing

They focus on all of those a lot, because that is most of their greatest accomplishments that they are most known for.

1. PSYCHO

2. The Boneyard

3. House Of Horrors

4. Hotel Hell

5. SS Frightanic

6. Fear House

7. RUN

8. Scary Tales

9. Psycho-scarapy

10. Castle Vampyr

11. Body Collectors

13. The Thing

hmmmmmm also screamhouse

Edited by TheEyeOfHorus

I was just thinking, what if in the diaster que we entered threw the garage? I mean it kind makes since. Why would the have a garage door if we are not going to either exit there(which i doubt. I dont know if diaster has ever been entered that why. How was Deadtropolis in 04 entered? Wasnt it similar?