HHN XX Speculation II

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm not sure if anyone else has suggested this idea, so if they have, bear with me. This idea came from when I realized that the Jaws house is usually used for the main icon/longest line house. Others had said that there might be an 'Animal House from Hell' there. And since the idea this year has been hinted at a reunion, this is where it might be taking place. A sort of 'high school reunion' for all of the icons. I can see something where they come back to torture all of the people who made fun of them in school.

Ok, I'm not sure if anyone else has suggested this idea, so if they have, bear with me. This idea came from when I realized that the Jaws house is usually used for the main icon/longest line house. Others had said that there might be an 'Animal House from Hell' there. And since the idea this year has been hinted at a reunion, this is where it might be taking place. A sort of 'high school reunion' for all of the icons. I can see something where they come back to torture all of the people who made fun of them in school.

There's only been 1 icon house in the Jaws queue. Not that common. And it only has the longest lines because of its location.

Regarding the action figures, if anyone recalls, there was someone on the the "other sit" (hhnvault) that posted pics and videos of making his own figures, so the idea is not bad.

That was Dakota aka follower, I don't know if he is on this site.

I just took a look at the Casting Location thread and noticed the old Frat Boys seem to be getting cast in the NY scarezone. Somebody was suggesting this would be clowns with chainsaws? If so, they will be freakin' BIG clowns!

Regarding the idea of the icons having a "high school reuinion" of sorts in the Jaws Queue house, I don't know if THAT will happen, but I have a tremendous hunch we'll be seeing some sort of icon (whether it be the reuinon house or just one of them) in that location.

All this talk of action figures is making me dizzy btw! hah. I have no doubt it my mind the idea has crossed some of the execs at UO whether or not to make them for the event, but seeing as this IS our 20th year, I wouldn't put it past them not to do it. There's a very...VERY good chance that all of us could spend our weekly salaries on Icon Action Figures this yea...ooooh or maybe plushies......hm....ignore that last comment....thats just the fangirl in me xD

There's only been 1 icon house in the Jaws queue. Not that common. And it only has the longest lines because of its location.

I would actually be more willing to say Jaws has held more than just one icon house. I would be willing to count the F13 house and Saw house as both being "icon" houses. So it has had an icon house for the last three years in a row (longer if you want to count the Storyteller being in the Dungeon of Terror at sweet 16.) Plus it was the location of the Dungeon of Terror for the first two years of the event.

Could the disaster queue building house be the Carnival of Carnage house?

Van + mechanic scene could equal the PS house and the "carnie" could just be at the start welcoming people to the carnival....?

Clutching at straws maybe?

i saw someone say action figures a few posts up. has anyone heard of these mini munny's?

here is a link

mini munny website

i was thinking about getting a couple and making a jack, the director, storyteller, the caretaker, the usher, and a bloody mary one too. what do you guys think?

HEY! Don't forget Samuel Meetz! (But he's not an icon. Well...to me he is!!)

You gotta make a Cindy too if you do it :P those look pretty damn cool. If I were an artistic person at all, I would give it a shot :P rofl but Im not...so I'll just wait until Universal gives in and makes some xD Yes, it will cost a fortune, but I would probably mess up so many times and have to keep re-buying those little guys that it would end up costing about the same :P rofl

My 2 cents on the DOW. I don't know if this has been discussed in the thread previously but I think DOW is an abbreviation for "Disciple of W???". Reasoning behind this is the casting, a specific look is required which would be consistent on how they handled certain disciples previously (ie The Caretakers disciples specifically).

Just some conjecture.

HEY! Don't forget Samuel Meetz! (But he's not an icon. Well...to me he is!!)

a meetz one would be really cool didnt even cross my mind. and in all honesty you could make a bajillion of these figurines for hhn. there are so many different icons like, body collectors, the terra queen, eddie, chucky, freddy, jason, wolfman, ect...

Let me say that I'm not terribly hungry for spoilers, I do not care to learn everything about HHN XX before I walk into the park, as I hope to, on opening weekend.

But I have no problem with information that would normally be released before the event begins. In about seven weeks we will all know the names of all 8 houses and 6 scarezones and will have been given official descriptions of them.

I have heard from many highly reliable sources who have always given accurate information in the past two very different scenarios about what HHN XX will entail.

One version which I will call "side A" maintains that this will be a reunion year very similar to Sweet 16 with houses being returns of old houses from previous years and at least one house based directly on a movie.

"Side B" however, insists that this will be literally "A New Era of Darkness" and other than the scarezone on Hollywood Blvd. will consist of all new houses and scarezones. None of which will be either based on nor even inspired by a movie.

At first I sought to reconcile these divergent accounts, taking my cue from the old fable of the Blind Men and the Elephant. In that story each blind man felt part of the elephant and thought he knew the whole, he only had a piece of the truth which was far more marvelous than he had imagined. So I had hoped, that the sources had only heard part of what was going on, and neither being wrong the truth would encompass all of what they had learned.

But after further inquiries I am afraid there can be no reconciliation, these accounts simply contradict each other.

Among both sides there are individuals whom I have come to hold in high regard, well respected people who I cannot believe would deliberately lead us astray, and some personal friends of mine.

Thus I almost feel like giving up any further speculations at all. I fear that if I do so, I may be insulting people who I admire by publicly contemplating that they are either completely wrong or worse, liars.

In order to do so I must speculate delicately, avoiding any absolute statements that would implicate any of these people in any such wrongdoing. I cannot take sides as it were, even though in my heart I feel that one side is far more likely to be correct than the other. I will not openly state which one that is. I certainly hope that in all instances that when one side is ultimately proven wrong, it will merely be an instance of they themselves having received bad information. This is further likely as one of their primary sources of information is no longer available this year. However there are some individuals who truly are in a position of knowing exactly what to expect, so if these are proven wrong it will become particularly difficult to ever fully trust them again.

But, although I will not take sides on who is right, I will say that I hope it is Side B. I would much rather see an all-new event, wouldn't you?

That being said what do we actually know this year?

Two soundstage houses we know almost nothing about. The third is presumed to be based on Greek mythology.

The Disaster Queue house has a garage door, a van, a crooked fence, and characters include a mechanic and a carny.

The Jaws Queue house includes burnt wood and the presence of a Valedictorian, a Nightmare Man, and someone in bed clothes. I have also been given the name of another person in this house in strict confidence, and will not reveal it here. I will say that it has absolutely no connection to any previous speculations about this house. The only other clue I will give is that it should be great fun talking about this house sometime in mid-September.

The Parade Building house includes the Rat Lady and a vortex.

One of the tents will have a house with a museum, a mummified corpse and a doctor.

The other tent has an enormous façade and includes an observation deck and military storage and will be populated by bed victims, pitchforks and something called "dows". Warning! inane speculation to follow: Could dow simply refer to the Dow Jones average? Is this to take place in a New York highrise where the common folk have taken up pitchforks to attack the evil stockbrokers who are responsible for the current state of the Economy? [/inane speculation]

As for the scarezones, one remains a mystery. I would guess that it would be located on the Avenue of the Stars - based only on previous years' locations, but Universal may have other ideas.

On Hollywood Blvd. we have a scarezone full of old friends, according to Side B we will only see them here to say goodbye and the zone will lead us towards something "really, really cool".

In Shrek Alley the scarezone seems to be related to the Greek house.

In Kidzone we have "willow huts".

At Mel's we have "con-artists".

And now based on subtle clues we know that there will be chainsaws not only on Hollywood Blvd. but also in NY, weilded by very large men who may turn out to be clowns.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

All I can say is if NY streets are filled with killer clowns with chainsaws it will be the best scarezone ever!! My 17 yr old daughter is terrified of the chainsaw drill team and all of her life has had a fear of clowns!! A mother's dream come true :lol:

both can be reconciled rather well actually ;)

I would like to think so, but I have been told both "at least one house based on a movie" and "no houses based on any movie. Not NOES, not Crazies, nothing" and after I asked further "what about movie inspired houses like Interstellar Terror?" was told "not even that".

So I don't see how this can mesh.

Im a firm believer of the "never say never" approach. So many people have been going on about "NO movie houses" "NOO return icons" "NOOO movie based houses." I say....why not? As far as I know, no one here knows too much more then the other. Yes, some people here have some insider info, some more than others. But none of us know the full thing.

So until I see the full website,updates and all, I think anything is possible :]

I think you've summed all of the facts up rather well, Dr. Jimmy. While I'm not sure which of your "Sides" I'm leaning towards more, it seems inevitable that we'll see the icons at some point. That much is implied by the hidden lantern pictures.

I think, personally, I'd rather see what the HHN folks could pull off with a "New Era of Darkness" theme, but that could prove to be a little too ambitious, even for them. The Reunion theme just seems like rehashing old ideas.

I'm speaking on a possibility here, but they could go with a Reunion idea, keeping the original ideas but a re-imagined concept of it, if that makes sense.

Good to have the site back, it looks great!

I try and remember what they said about after JMR left, many things changing. I thought it was roddy who said it was going to be a reunion year this year, though i might have that mixed with the wrong person.

So we've heard that since he left, many many things for this year have changed. Making it seem as if they took the original reunion idea, and one upped it to a larger event. I like the idea of seeing and saying goodbye to the past, and seeing what HHN has to offer for the future.

Bring it on HHN!

I'm speaking on a possibility here, but they could go with a Reunion idea, keeping the original ideas but a re-imagined concept of it, if that makes sense.

That's what I've been thinking all along. You can use the same characters a la the reunion concept, but also create completely different (re-imagined) houses and scarezones as well.

As the saying goes...everything old is eventually new again. ;)

Let me say that I'm not terribly hungry for spoilers, I do not care to learn everything about HHN XX before I walk into the park, as I hope to, on opening weekend.

But I have no problem with information that would normally be released before the event begins. In about seven weeks we will all know the names of all 8 houses and 6 scarezones and will have been given official descriptions of them.

I have heard from many highly reliable sources who have always given accurate information in the past two very different scenarios about what HHN XX will entail.

One version which I will call "side A" maintains that this will be a reunion year very similar to Sweet 16 with houses being returns of old houses from previous years and at least one house based directly on a movie.

"Side B" however, insists that this will be literally "A New Era of Darkness" and other than the scarezone on Hollywood Blvd. will consist of all new houses and scarezones. None of which will be either based on nor even inspired by a movie.

At first I sought to reconcile these divergent accounts, taking my cue from the old fable of the Blind Men and the Elephant. In that story each blind man felt part of the elephant and thought he knew the whole, he only had a piece of the truth which was far more marvelous than he had imagined. So I had hoped, that the sources had only heard part of what was going on, and neither being wrong the truth would encompass all of what they had learned.

But after further inquiries I am afraid there can be no reconciliation, these accounts simply contradict each other.

Among both sides there are individuals whom I have come to hold in high regard, well respected people who I cannot believe would deliberately lead us astray, and some personal friends of mine.

Thus I almost feel like giving up any further speculations at all. I fear that if I do so, I may be insulting people who I admire by publicly contemplating that they are either completely wrong or worse, liars.

In order to do so I must speculate delicately, avoiding any absolute statements that would implicate any of these people in any such wrongdoing. I cannot take sides as it were, even though in my heart I feel that one side is far more likely to be correct than the other. I will not openly state which one that is. I certainly hope that in all instances that when one side is ultimately proven wrong, it will merely be an instance of they themselves having received bad information. This is further likely as one of their primary sources of information is no longer available this year. However there are some individuals who truly are in a position of knowing exactly what to expect, so if these are proven wrong it will become particularly difficult to ever fully trust them again.

But, although I will not take sides on who is right, I will say that I hope it is Side B. I would much rather see an all-new event, wouldn't you?

That being said what do we actually know this year?

Two soundstage houses we know almost nothing about. The third is presumed to be based on Greek mythology.

The Disaster Queue house has a garage door, a van, a crooked fence, and characters include a mechanic and a carny.

The Jaws Queue house includes burnt wood and the presence of a Valedictorian, a Nightmare Man, and someone in bed clothes. I have also been given the name of another person in this house in strict confidence, and will not reveal it here. I will say that it has absolutely no connection to any previous speculations about this house. The only other clue I will give is that it should be great fun talking about this house sometime in mid-September.

The Parade Building house includes the Rat Lady and a vortex.

One of the tents will have a house with a museum, a mummified corpse and a doctor.

The other tent has an enormous façade and includes an observation deck and military storage and will be populated by bed victims, pitchforks and something called "dows". Warning! inane speculation to follow: Could dow simply refer to the Dow Jones average? Is this to take place in a New York highrise where the common folk have taken up pitchforks to attack the evil stockbrokers who are responsible for the current state of the Economy? [/inane speculation]

As for the scarezones, one remains a mystery. I would guess that it would be located on the Avenue of the Stars - based only on previous years' locations, but Universal may have other ideas.

On Hollywood Blvd. we have a scarezone full of old friends, according to Side B we will only see them here to say goodbye and the zone will lead us towards something "really, really cool".

In Shrek Alley the scarezone seems to be related to the Greek house.

In Kidzone we have "willow huts".

At Mel's we have "con-artists".

And now based on subtle clues we know that there will be chainsaws not only on Hollywood Blvd. but also in NY, weilded by very large men who may turn out to be clowns.

If I where a betting man, I would place all of my money on what "Side B" is saying. ;)

Also, while not entirely accurate, I personally feel the answer to what a Dow is, is fairly simple.