HHN XX Speculation II

The whole 2 story house is nonsense...How are the guest in wheelchairs going to get to the 2nd story? Here Mr. Wheelchair person you can go backstage to our specially designed ramp that completely ruins your the atmosphere. And if they dont have that, what are they going to have? Two pathways with someone guarding the ramp? Its highly unlikely to have stairs in a house

Stairs in a house has happened before. HHN15 Where Evil Hides, a Soundstage house, had an upstairs portion. They build a section that is ADA compliant for those that are in wheelchairs or can not use stairs.

I can not recall all the other details about it but there were other things in place to make this work as well.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the lantern is a prop of some sort just like Charles said, which may be of grave importance. It's possible that we may have a new icon that will usher us into the new era of darkness, while we will be giving farewell to all of our most beloved HHN icons.

Well I can say with 100% certainty that it is not a house based on the movie the Crazies cause there are no movie houses this year. I am not saying that the house is based on the comic or even inspired by the comic but I think there are things I mentioned worth thinking about in terms of speculation.

Direct movie houses no, But indirect is always an option, Loosely based off of a move does not make it a movie house. They could take parts from several movies, and combine them into one story. I am not talking a Die In type house, Just think Demon Cantina.

Before we completely discard "the crazies" idea, I must say that Many major components of the plot are very similar to the characters given to us. I looked up this movie and it seems VERY plausible.'the one thing is, I don't believe it's a Universal distributed film. If it is a uni film someone please say so. But everything so far seems so well related to the crazies... Just my two cents.

I dont think the lantern will have no signifigance at all. Even those this page we have now is clearly a teaser page of sorts, as it was pointed out before, there have been props of signifigance on teaser pages that could go entirely overlooked if we don't look hard enough.

I do think whoever the lantern belongs to (or whatever is within) will be our new icon. This year is no doubt the last we'll see of our old beloved icons..which is actually pretty sad the more and more you think about it. But the prospect of a bright new future in terror is exciting too :)

Is that why the icons are on the lantern? Snuff out the light and you kill the old icons? Seems strange that the old terror-inducing icons would be associated with light in any way, especially as light is typically good and safe (as someone pointed out earlier).

Somebody made a comment about what was INSIDE the lantern, too. Maybe the icons are simply shadow puppets of whatever it is that's inside. Does that make any sense?

Direct movie houses no, But indirect is always an option, Loosely based off of a move does not make it a movie house. They could take parts from several movies, and combine them into one story. I am not talking a Die In type house, Just think Demon Cantina.

C_D as a former scene mate I would think you would have more faith in me. :P I get what your saying though and I could see maybe the pitchfork scene appearing in the house but the overall house isn't inspired by The Crazies. Now referencing the Crazies? I couldn't say.

Edited by strangeoneout

BigCHippah, thats a good idea. What if the light signifies the old icons being "put out"? Because, if you really look at it, you can deff see at least the Storyteller's glasses and Caretaker's watch. I dont think those would be a coinscidence

C_D as a former scene mate I would think you would have more faith in me. :P I get what your saying though and I could see maybe the pitchfork scene appearing in the house but the overall house isn't inspired by The Crazies. Now referencing the Crazies? I couldn't say.

I think he was just making a point, and yes there are aspects of "The crazies" I would love to see.

The obscurity of the known role names, other than Hollywood, and Poss. the Parade bldg. leads me (and C_D in our discussions)to believe that the others are code names, or obscure enough that they do not give away the theme of the given house and or street. Patient is pretty generic, could be anything from a Mental paitent, to the girl on the table in Body Collectors having her spine ripped out.

For all we know the powers that be saw postings on the whole Greek thing and said "Let's screw with them" and gave all the roles in that area Greek or Mythological names to lead us on a path away from the truth. what brings me to that conclusion is the veil of secrecy that has covered all the normal leaks.

The Truth is out There! Queue X-Files Theme!

Edited by Pha_Q

I think he was just making a point, and yes there are aspects of "The crazies" i would love to see.

The obscurity of the known role names, other than Hollywood, and Poss. the Parade bldg. leads me to believe that the others are code names, or obscure enough that they do not give away the theme of the given house and or street. Patient is pretty generic, could be anything from a Mental paitent, to the girl on the table in Body Collectors having her spine ripped out.

For all we know the powers that be saw postings on the whole Greek thing and said "Let's screw with them" and gave all the roles in that area Greek or Mythological names to lead us on a path away from the truth. what brings me to that conclusion is the veil of secrecy that has covered all the normal leaks.

True. Last time UO was this secretive of the event,it was back in '05.

Stairs in a house has happened before. HHN15 Where Evil Hides, a Soundstage house, had an upstairs portion. They build a section that is ADA compliant for those that are in wheelchairs or can not use stairs.

I can not recall all the other details about it but there were other things in place to make this work as well.

I was the one who posted about the 2 story house and it was removed due to me being clueless about the source and I use the word source loosely (thanks yet again to MZ_ and Jacklover for filling me in). Having said that I don't even know if I like the idea of a 2 story house. Wouldn't it back up lines even more? I do know locally here in Pennsylvania there is a place called the haunted mill that is 2 stories. It works very well here but it does not get nearly as crowded as HHN. It is also based in an old mill that is naturally 2 stories. I honestly think universal could spend the money on other things instead of building a second story in a soundstage. I know last year certain places felt like they were understaffed. I hope this year I don't have that feeling.

if that were the case, i don't think it'd be such a big deal to post your roles anywhere. if it were a meaningless code name, i don't think you'd lose your job for stating it.

for that, i do think the names are directly related to the roles, its just probably something that won't make a lick of sense until after the event/more information is known for sure.

if this is our definite last year for the icons, then we should be getting like, HHN icon action figures, HHN icon halloween costumes, etc....... a total whore-out of the 6 icons LMAO might as well go out with a bang. and who knows maybe they will be back in the distant future lol. or maybe they will actually make a big budget film based on them.

Edited by horror lover

if this is our definite last year for the icons, then we should be getting like, HHN icon action figures, HHN icon halloween costumes, etc....... a total whore-out of the 6 icons LMAO might as well go out with a bang. and who knows maybe they will be back in the distant future lol. or maybe they will actually make a big budget film based on them.

Ha Ha I would actually like to see action figures and costumes of the icons. A big budget film as crazy as it sounds is a possibility in the future considering we are dealing with universal.

Ha Ha I would actually like to see action figures and costumes of the icons. A big budget film as crazy as it sounds is a possibility in the future considering we are dealing with universal.

Man I guarantee you people would go ape sh*t for HHN figures especially if their limited edition and only so many made. Could you imagine them being made by like NECA, I would kill for Jack figure I have a mini collection of horror figures already and the idea of that just kicks ass.

Man I guarantee you people would go ape sh*t for HHN figures especially if their limited edition and only so many made. Could you imagine them being made by like NECA, I would kill for Jack figure I have a mini collection of horror figures already and the idea of that just kicks ass.

You have read my mind. They would be highly collectible esp. with only 500 - 1000 produced.

for that, i do think the names are directly related to the roles, its just probably something that won't make a lick of sense until after the event/more information is known for sure.

Exactly. The role names really only seem cryptic until you see what the character looks like or what the scene or house is. That's when everything "falls into place."

They can sometimes turn into fun nicknames though...

True. Last time UO was this secretive of the event,it was back in '05.

I can appreciate the fact that they are trying to keep things secretive. It's no fun going into the event knowing every little detail, part of the sheer enjoyment of opening night is the surprise/shock factor of what your walking in to.

Well it would seem to me that the casting of a ghost in the Soundstage 23 house, already spoken of to be a Hades/Underworld house, supports that previous speculation. Whether it's a ghost in a River Styx setting, or just one roaming about the underworld is just yet to be determined though. Very interesting.

And so for Tent 2, we have 'bed victim', 'pitchfork' roles along with the scene names of 'observation deck' and 'military storage'. Accompanying them now, is a 'Patient' and 'full/half dow'. The 'patient' I get, but not the other. Could the 'dow' in those roles be an abbreviation or otherwise interpreted as D.O.W.? If that were the case, what would each letter be?

Don't forget that SS 23 is going to hold 2 houses as usual so someone cast as a "ghost" doesn't necessary mean that they are in the Greek themed location and I hope there not I'd like to see and old fashion haunted house type theme.

I speculate that C_D will scare the bejebus out of my wife, yet again... :P

This may be a bit OT, but I'm very impressed with how the speculation on this board has been handled! Lots of really cool ideas!

Back OT, do we know if the number of SA is going to be about on par as past years or up a bit?

I don't really think the icons are all that marketable to anyone outside the most diehard HHN fans (i.e. those of us who frequent HNN). Yes, the icons are used each year as a marketing tool, but that's because it's easier to market a character's likeness than the "idea" of the event. An icon may have struck a chord with the casual fan (Jack springs to mind), but outside the month of October, what is the appeal to Joe Everyday Theme Park Consumer?

It's a great idea. But with a limited edition item, it's gonna be high priced. The average public won't really be interested. I would love to have one though.