HHN XX Speculation II

I dont know how I feel about a black and white house. I mean, its a totally probable possibility, just personallty idk if I'd like it xD Black and White sometimes gives me a headache.

Then again, I also thought I wouldnt like Dead Exposure because over all the flashing lights, and turns out I missed out on an amazing house XD So you neeever know

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know how I feel about a black and white house. I mean, its a totally probable possibility, just personallty idk if I'd like it xD Black and White sometimes gives me a headache.

Then again, I also thought I wouldnt like Dead Exposure because over all the flashing lights, and turns out I missed out on an amazing house XD So you neeever know

Dead Exposure was essentially a Black and White house with the exception of the first and last room.

I'd love the event to be based from Carey, Ohio. Only because i'm from Ohio and no other reason.

In all seriousness, all the story lines basing from Carey have the ability to tie the event together, and if they choose to go in this directions with this years event. Make it happen A&D!

I've always loved the idea of a Black & White house or scarezone. Maybe the Con-Artist scareactors don't have anything to do with crime or anything but are rather exactly what it says, Artists. Negative/Bad Artists that are bringing the B&W drawings to life to torment us.

Just a suggestion. Take it as you will.

To me, DE was essentially a black and white house, and it is one of my all time favorites, and IMHO, the scariest house ever!

I've been thinking about that con artist thing, and someone also mentioned a return of the Skoolhouse. Do you think con artists could be trick or treaters? After all, the rhyme "trick or treat" is essentially a con to get candy. Just a thought.

I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if all those names for the Hollywood scarezone, Mary Shaw, Queen of Hearts, etc, are entirely code names and completely unrelated to the roles. I know that the code names have me totally thrown for a loop, and I'm working the event. Makes it kind of even more exciting.

ahhhh, Hush, I am right there dreaming with you... :(

I would kill for a Michael Myers house, I think it would be my favorite house, I just think is so unfair that all of the other horror icons got a nice treatment, with houses in 07, But all Michael gets is being made fun of in the Bill and Ted show, they made fun of him two years in a row... :mellow:

My thoughts exactly! Michael, IMHO, is essentially THE original horror icon...can a murderer get a break and get acknowledged?! :D

To me, DE was essentially a black and white house, and it is one of my all time favorites, and IMHO, the scariest house ever!

Have to agree with you Kim, DE has definitely made it's way into my top five house list. There was just no way to go through that one without getting startled in some way, shape or form.

And I can attest as I have friends who live in Ohio, they would say it's the mouth of Hell...have you been there?! ;)

I've been thinking about that con artist thing, and someone also mentioned a return of the Skoolhouse. Do you think con artists could be trick or treaters? After all, the rhyme "trick or treat" is essentially a con to get candy. Just a thought.

I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if all those names for the Hollywood scarezone, Mary Shaw, Queen of Hearts, etc, are entirely code names and completely unrelated to the roles. I know that the code names have me totally thrown for a loop, and I'm working the event. Makes it kind of even more exciting.

Trick or treat wasn't necessarily a con...more like extortion!

Any reason to bring back the Skoolhouse would work for me.

Mae

I feel like I'm the only one who didn't like Dead Exposure. I just felt silly walking through the house with glow in the dark zombies. The only reason it wasn't a complete fail was due the the photography backstory, and the room where you had to navigate your way through the zombie crowd. I don't think black and white houses work, and a scarezone would just be a disaster in my opinion.

I believe that Carey, Ohio will be back in some form this year, as Voorhees has been saying for awhile now. I really hope they connect all the icons back to the history of the town, but that would have to include Mary Agana. I have seen people saying that she will not return this year? Is this just because she wasn't in the Shadows of the Past scarezone? I may be behind on information so correct me if I'm wrong. The family tree/genealogy concept is interesting and would be an easy way to connect backstories. Maybe a significant event in each icons story occurred in Carey, Ohio? Perhaps Carey is located on a Hellmouth which could have influenced the icons? I'm just throwing stuff out there for pure speculations sake.

The reason people have been saying Bloody Mary won't be back this year is because of Universal not reknewing thier license to use her like they did in '08. Which, if you ask me, is a crying shame because I really liked Bloody Mary hah But yeah...thats why nobody is talking about her being apart of this years festivities.

Someone said that the Greek house at least would have no connection to Ohio. Maybe not to Carey perhaps, but the following are all cities in Ohio:

Adelphi

Arcadia

Athens

Aurora (the Goddess of the Dawn)

Delphos

Euclid

Ithica

Macedonia

Minerva

Pandora (think outside the box!)

SPARTA!!!!

Syracuse

Troy

The most Horror relevant city in Ohio has to be Arcanum located in Darke County!!!

The reason people have been saying Bloody Mary won't be back this year is because of Universal not reknewing thier license to use her like they did in '08. Which, if you ask me, is a crying shame because I really liked Bloody Mary hah But yeah...thats why nobody is talking about her being apart of this years festivities.

Oh that's right, I do remember reading about that. That's too bad since she's such a big part of Carey, Ohio. If they were to use Carey, I wonder how it would be done without Bloody Mary.

I'm not betting on this, but you've got me thinking of an area 51 type of thing. I visualize the military storage being something that's storing things the military keeps secret from the public. Walking through the observation deck viewing an alien autopsy, just as another example of its use. Thanks for making my mind wander on this one.

Interstellar Terror HHN 2008 HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

well, alot of other things have happened in Carey, Ohio without her influence (ex. Leave it to Cleaver and The Spawning) but I get ya. It would be odd without her there :/ I mean...she's directly related to the Skoolhouse as well. I mean, I'm sure Universal would find a way to do it without her, but it would defintiely be better if the good Dr. were to join us for the festivities >:)

Interstellar Terror HHN 2008 HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

IT didn't really have aliens... It had an alien artifact that drove people insane.

Ceatures would be a better candidate. But it's hugely unlikely.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Carey, OH, the hometown of Patrick from Universal, you know, the guy at auditions and one of the creative minds behind HHN?

Lyn, I grew up about 20 or so miles from the Ohio border, and my brother-in-law is from Youngstown (home of Jewels), and it is kind of the mouth of hell. However, the TRUE mouth of hell is Monaca, PA, my hometown. What a shithole.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Carey, OH, the hometown of Patrick from Universal, you know, the guy at auditions and one of the creative minds behind HHN?

I don't know if Patrick is from OH or not, but he is a Seattle Mariners fan.

Lyn, I grew up about 20 or so miles from the Ohio border, and my brother-in-law is from Youngstown (home of Jewels), and it is kind of the mouth of hell. However, the TRUE mouth of hell is Monaca, PA, my hometown. What a shithole.

Jewels is exactly who I was thinking of when I posted that! She and I have had more than one conversation (mainly during their horrible winters) that she was living in "Hell"... ;)

I wonder if Monaca means "Shithole" in some ancient language? LOL (Your commentary never fails to crack me up Kim!)

And where else a better place for the roots of horror some unsuspecting crap ass town in Ohio where it's so cold during the winter, no one ever goes outside...thus, they never see the evil growing around them.

Maybe some Greek stuff is housed in a certain museum and someone (or Something) on accident (or on purpose) release the evil that lurks in Cary, Ohio.

That's an interesting theory. But, who or what would do this?

Who would do it?

The old icons maybe? For one last hurrah they unleash havoc all over and "innocent" town.

Or maybe a whole new icon! Or maybe....a whole new icon that inlists the help of the older icons...hmm...so many options

Someone said that the Greek house at least would have no connection to Ohio. Maybe not to Carey perhaps, but the following are all cities in Ohio:

Adelphi

Arcadia

Athens

Aurora (the Goddess of the Dawn)

Delphos

Euclid

Ithica

Macedonia

Minerva

Pandora (think outside the box!)

SPARTA!!!!

Syracuse

Troy

The most Horror relevant city in Ohio has to be Arcanum located in Darke County!!!

Nice job there, Dr J!

Speaking of Athens, OH, has anyone ever read up on the supernatural and occult happenings in Athens? I think THAT may be the most horror relevant city in Ohio!

Here's a link to some info! Athens, OH

Mae

I assume that the "Arts & Crafts" clue refers to this year's event being a scrapbook event of past years. With Charles' theory about an evil infested Museum, I would think of it like a silent hill type of thing, where you walk into the museum all normal and everything and then it starts to transform into the evil dimension of the museum as you continue to walk through it.

Maybe some Greek stuff is housed in a certain museum and someone (or Something) on accident (or on purpose) release the evil that lurks in Cary, Ohio.

That's an interesting theory. But, who or what would do this?

That is very true. Wasn't one of the clues this year "arts and crafts"? Museum, art, "con-artists", Greek statues. I don't know, just seems a little connected to me.

Museum, Greek mythology, release the evil, think outside the box...

this all adds up to one thing:

pandoras-box.jpg

somebody opened Pandora's box!