HHN XX Speculation II

As I keep reading the updated casts here and at rumor I keep thinking, am I crazy to think that Universal would just give fake names to everything? I mean we have had problems with leaks of info, they are obviously aware of it because thief info leaks keep going down by year. And the best way to keep the leaks down at this point in the game is to give fake names for everything till firstday and by then we will has the storyline out of the way. Is this even a possibility?

They usually do give out code names, like last year the people playing Chucky were told their role was Pinocchio.

I prefer to creep rather than post. Many people are saying that the Sprung 1 house is a BEST OF house. to me i feel it may be (DONT ATTACK ME PLEASE) a mummy house. we have a mummified corpse. a musesem hallway. a doctor. and if you look at the site on one of the pages you can see what looks like a tomb with a large slab and a body on it. seems like we may see the mummy. and heres another thing in the background of the same page you can see a shot of the frankenstein house. just my tidbits of thought.

I agree, it sounds like a Mummy house to me, too.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are teasing us with the role names. They obviously check the boards and sees this happening.(which happens everyyear) I mean most of the roles are dead on characters to last year. The one that seems really odd to me is sprung tent #1. With the scenes and character names it seems like it is going to be intresting. Cant wait to see the facade go up.

First time posting... was reading and agreeing with the lantern having what appeared to be roots... Reminded me of an old Irish Halloween Story that is the basis for the Jac-O-Lantern...

In Ireland, where Halloween began in my opinion, the first jack-o'-lanterns weren't made of pumpkins. They were made out of rutabagas, potatoes, turnips, or even beets. There is an old 18th century Irish 'legend' about a man named Stingy Jack who was too mean to get into heaven and had played too many tricks on the devil to go to hell. When he died, he had to walk the earth, carrying a lantern made out of a turnip with a burning coal inside. Stingy Jack became known as 'Jack of the Lantern', or 'Jack-o'-lantern.' From this legend came the Irish tradition of placing jack-o'-lanterns made of turnips and other vegetables in windows or by doors on Halloween.

wow, this is really interesting and cool, and the lantern would fit right in with the legend, wow,

I was also thinking, Sirens are not the same as mermaids, I think sirens had wings, I don't think this has been discussed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren

Sirens are the beautiful women (mermaids?) who sat on rocks while singing luring boats to crash into the rocks. They're definitely evil and i would LOVE to see them. However, i have a feeling sirens relates more to the sound itself. Such as a fire, jailbreak, toxic leak, evacuation, etc.

Sirens are the beautiful women (mermaids?) who sat on rocks while singing luring boats to crash into the rocks. They're definitely evil and i would LOVE to see them. However, i have a feeling sirens relates more to the sound itself. Such as a fire, jailbreak, toxic leak, evacuation, etc.

There are people cast as "Sirens". The role is more than likely related to mythology.

Well one thing that the scarezone Siren role can be, indeed, beautiful women there to seduce your attention... like how Hollywood has the Go-Go dancers. I recall seeing go-go's on the videos for one of the past years, they were wearing vampire-like facial prosthetics I think.. could these 'Sirens' be these types of SAs? Something to distract you while a more aggressive scare has the chance to pounce?

Edited by Onca

I apologize as my computer connection in London is horrible and I can't read everything (did my best tho). What is the problem with Bloody Mary and copy-write material? Could someone explain?

Also I have a friend who does makeup for HHN and she says she has been commissioned to be making prosthetics for some scareactors so I'll update if she can hiss out specifics. :)

yeah I noticed that XX on the lantern too. The little paragraph next to the lantern says that the shadows will reveal things about this years event. So I guess over time we'll see some development in that area? To be honest Im a little disappointed with this year's website so far. I've come to expect alot from them in the way of elluding to the SZ and houses (think about last year and bloody mary; what build ups!) I'm hoping they'll really pull it out in the next few weeks tho...

yeah I noticed that XX on the lantern too. The little paragraph next to the lantern says that the shadows will reveal things about this years event. So I guess over time we'll see some development in that area? To be honest Im a little disappointed with this year's website so far. I've come to expect alot from them in the way of elluding to the SZ and houses (think about last year and bloody mary; what build ups!) I'm hoping they'll really pull it out in the next few weeks tho...

This website is going to get replaced, you know. It's not what you think it is, they'll start to give clues about the event on the site eventually.

Also surprised no one mentioned that lanterns cast shadows and last year's scarezone was titled 'Shadows of the Past.'

Oh, and about the bed clothes and valedictorian in the Jaws house....

I know there were a few school peeps inside LitC last year, so this may be a successor to that maze in the town of Carey, Ohio, itself. I think it may be a trek through all the various storefronts (Leave it to Cleaver, Hell's Kitchen, Hotel Hell), a suburban house (Where Evil Hides), and even a school (Hell's High), all under siege by some form of a curse (maybe even a glimpse inside the Palace Theater).

But, this is mere speculation for speculation's sake. I'll shut up now.

I still wanna know 2 things:

1. Is this year the return of horror's past (anniversary) or was that designed to derail us, and universal went in another direction with the theme!?!?!?

2. If this year is horror's past returns, how is all this gonna tie in together, cause right now, in IMO, its confusing me, but hey these are just my thoughts!?!?!?

Also if I may add, if we are going back to the past, were not stopping at the foot of 2006, we must be going waaayyyyy back to beginning of Halloween Horror Nights (Myths and so on and so forth)!!!!

Edited by HHNFreak2006

I still wanna know 2 things:

1. Is this year the return of horror's past (anniversary) or was that designed to derail us, and universal went in another direction with the theme.

2. If this year is horror's past returns, how is all this gonna tie in together, cause right now, in IMO, its confusing me, but hey these are just my thoughts!

Luke

I hate to say it because it's not the answer you are looking for but, patience is a virtue. Have some faith and continue to speculate. We all need something to tide us over for the next 77 days.

I believe that given the clues to the JAWS queue house that it could have a frat house theme. That's weird first we have a greek myth house and now a "greek" house. :)

Who knows if you're right about the Jaws maze, but don't forget about the frat bros from last year as well. :)

I believe that given the clues to the JAWS queue house that it could have a frat house theme. That's weird first we have a greek myth house and now a "greek" house. :)

In a twisted sort of way, that idea makes sense. Especially since last year at Howl-O-Scream there was the wildly popular DED (Delta Epsilon Delta) sorority house. This may also be some twisted tie-in to Bill & Ted next door, seeing as how the majority of viewers and jokes are directed towards drunken college kids.

Since the post has gotten buried I'm going to re-post it. I've updated it as well.

SS22:

- Facade

"Spectre"

opens at 5:30pm

1/2 of SS23:

Scene 5 - Medusa/Gorgon

Scene 7 - Army of Hades

Parade Building:

will open at 5:45pm

Scene 1 - Vortex

Scene 9 - Rat Lady Corridor

Abandoned Museum/Horrors of the Past

"Bodies", Zombie, Undertaker

Sprung Tent 1:

Scene 9 - Museum Hallway

Mummified Corpse

"Doc"

Sprung Tent 2:

- Facade

Scene 3 - Observation Deck

Scene 6 - Military Storage

"Pitchfork", "Bed Victims", Patients, "Full-Dow" & "Half Dow" - masked scareactors with shaved heads

Jaws Queue:

Valedictorian, "Bed-clothes", "Nightmare Man", "Body Bag"

burnt wood, 2nd-level scareactor position?, tunnel with branches/leaves...forest?

Disaster Queue:

will open at 6:30pm

80's model van

Garage

Mehcanic, Carnie

Hollywood:

Queen of Hearts, Mary Shaw, Chucky, Chance, Pumpkinhead, Dead Cheerleader, Chainsaws, Stilts

Mel's:

"Con-artists"

Shrek Alley:

Sirens

Kidzone:

"Willow Huts"

NY:

Chainsaws, Ice Queen

Location Unknown:

Cyclops, White Rabbit, Treaks

Clowns are all but confirmed. Also, we have heard that they are looking for people that are willing to grow out mow-hawks.

Edited by BruinsFan

Sprung Tent 1 sort of reminds me of a Horror house they had quite a while back. I dont remember what it was called, but it was a museum filled with the classic Universal monsters that have all come to life. It was back during one of the first years they did horror nights; the code words just reminded me of it. "Museum hallway" "Mummified corpse(the mummy) "DOC" (frankenstein?)

I also agree with the speculation a few pages back on the Jaws queue; it DEFINITELY reminds me of what could be NOES :P just a thot...

Not really. There's a lot of good info out there. It's not all smoke and mirrors all the time. That's just Laz. :)

"Just laz"?? Anyways, i really dont think we are going to see mary shaw in the streets. That just sounds odd for any type of scarezone. And dead cheerleader? come on...Thats dead on to horrorwood. Its a code name.

"Just laz"?? Anyways, i really dont think we are going to see mary shaw in the streets. That just sounds odd for any type of scarezone. And dead cheerleader? come on...Thats dead on to horrorwood. Its a code name.

That's a lot of random code-names for 1 zone, wouldn't you agree?