Poltergeist - Soundstage 25

Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces - Soundstage 24B

Slaughter Sinema - Sprung Tent 2

Dead Exposure: Patient Zero - Sprung Tent 1

Seeds of Extinction - New Parade Building

Trick 'r Treat - OG Parade Building

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers - Shrek 4D Theater 2

51 minutes ago, faceleg said:

I would really like to know how in the hell Unfriended can be converted to a house when the entire movie takes place on a computer/Skype.

No to mention its the silliest f**king movie ever created. My god that was terrible.

Just my opinion of course. A rather strong one at that..... LOL

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

No to mention its the silliest f**king movie ever created. My god that was terrible.

Black hallways with computer screens in them, and a ghost Laura coming out at you! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Couldn’t agree more. It was awful. They literally went from “wtf are you messing around? This is a joke” to “omg I’m gonna die!” In record time haha. I had to switch it off halfway through. Couldn’t face watching the rest of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

What I'm referring to is the school bus teetering on the edge of the cliff. It was an image I saw and there is a school bus floating around backstage so I'm putting two and two together.

Yeah. Floating.

As in sinking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, faceleg said:

I would really like to know how in the hell Unfriended can be converted to a house when the entire movie takes place on a computer/Skype.

It's going to be the only house where they tell you that you have to take out your phone and stare at it the whole time. Everything else will just be black hallways.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

It was really really stupid. not scary at all. Thank God we aren't seeing that in Orlando. I'm not a huge fan of what we are getting anyway, but I'll still go through just because. Last years' Horrors of Blumhouse wasn't great either IMO. The Sinister part was the only good quality for me. 

Trip officially booked for me FYI. Heading down for the weekend of September 29th and 30th. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, faceleg said:

See I didn't hate Unfriended but I'm also super easily entertained. Heck I even like BW2:BOS

I personally liked 'Unfriended.' It had a few decent scares, and I REALLY liked it as a social commentary on cyberbullying and the dark side of social media. Though, yeah, there's pretty much no way to make it a House, unless it's just one room laid out the way HHN Pro suggests.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I personally liked 'Unfriended.' It had a few decent scares, and I REALLY liked it as a social commentary on cyberbullying and the dark side of social media. Though, yeah, there's pretty much no way to make it a House, unless it's just one room laid out the way HHN Pro suggests.

Posted this in Hollywood's forum but they can do it like this

Unfriended 1 - blender scene, hairdryer scene, bedroom with ghost laura.

Unfriended 2 - red room torture scenes, bedroom with kidnapper, train push scene (reuse of train prop from awil), girl with hole in head, hanging body scene

• Like 1

there was this podcast with hhn creators there. here's some new info Ep 199 "HHN 28 Panel with Blake Braswell, Patrick Braillard, and Charles Gray" | Walker Nation [if these news aren't new im sorry]

revenge of chucky - story is the company behind the good guy dolls "play pal toys" is celebrating 30 years of making the good guy dolls. but then chucky takes over the zone. this is the creative's basically sequel to the franchise.

killer klowns from outer space - cotton candy coccons will be there.

poltergeist - face rip scene will be there. it'll do a semi original scene when we go into the light.

slaughter sinema - podcast guy went through it and said it was the coolest looking maze he seen. has tons of hr bloodngutz vibes. trailers will be used as queue videos.

carnival graveyard - quote from creative " when you go through a house many times you're looking down or looking peripherally left and right looking for the scare.i would encourage anyone coming into this house to look up. because you're be able to in the facade see scene 7, you're be able to go to scene 3 and see what's happening in scene 9, you're be able to approach scene 6 three different moments in the house. the layout is very twist and turny, and you're be able to see things from different angles and areas.". some original music will be in the house. the chainsaw guys in the house will have there own song. each song is made by the leader of the clowns. if legal doesn't happen music might be on spotify after the event.

seeds of extinction - creatures will come out of woodwork to attack you. will be very dark inside. creative thinks this will be a very terrifying house.

stranger things - story in the house will follow the kids story in the show. podcast guy went through the house and said it was highly accurate to the show, not just that but he said it was incredible.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Iwrestledabearonce said:

Tl;dr—everything sounds cool so let’s spoil what was said for people that didn’t listen to it and want to go in as blind as they can.

well it's not like big spoilers like what gags are being used or what the ending of mazes are. just small neat things there doing

1 minute ago, themazethinker said:

well it's not like big spoilers like what gags are being used or what the ending of mazes are. just small neat things there doing

I got you. I’m just one of the people that wants to know the houses and that’s about it...yeah I spec on what could be done with a house or zone but I don’t want to know tricks of the houses like you said for cgy 

I, for one, am really excited for Slaughter Sinema.  I grew up watching UHF TV (Showing my age here.  UHF/VHF were dials on your TV back before cable TV.   One dial was like channels 1-12 and the other was like 15-69 or something.  Network TV and PBS was on VHF while the B team channels were on UHF - and seriously, if you haven't seen the movie, go get UHF by weird Al and discover Spatula City!)  Saturdays on UHF channels was always Planet of the Apes or some cheap-o movie.  "It's the 2 o'clock movie!"   They were always a movie the likes of which would be something MST3K would watch to make fun of.   I remember one of my favs was about a guy who had been driving along with his window down and his arm resting out the window when another car came by and....ooops, cut his left hand right off.  Of course, he had to go back and find it because it had his wedding ring on it and probably also because it was his hand.  So, he takes it home and puts it in the freezer, you know, like any reasonable person would do.  So, of course, said hand becomes evil, escapes the freezer and goes on a murderous rampage.  It was great.   I loved anytime it was raining or cold and we could have an excuse to be inside to watch those.  (Yes, in the late 70s and through most of the 80s most kids I knew were tossed right out of the house on Saturdays.  My mom would go as far as locking us outside at times)

Then in the 80s VCRs opened our world to the Pam Grier early 70s "women in prison" type movies.  The ones where the girls get 2 showers a month and you see both of them.   Great times.  

So, yeah, I hope Slaughter Sinema lives up to the hype!

• Like 2

I'm sorry guys.. I wanted to give happy death day a chance... I really did. What a dumb movie. Not scary at all. No suspense, no creativity. Dumb... im sorry. Not trying to be the old grouchy guy, but what a dumb movie. Complete rip off of Groundhog Day but without any good ideas.. just bad.. may be skipping this maze if it's coming. And I'm 8 drinks deep.... I really wanted to give it a shot..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Rewatched Poltergeist yesterday.  Yeah, I can see some cool stuff happening.  The clown, the monster that Coach pulls out of the closet, the monster that comes back for Carrie Ann, slimey rope and tennis ball etc.

What I had really forgotten about was mom and dad sitting in their bedroom smoking pot and their kid comes in and mom takes a last quick hit.   Hilarious.

I think this will be a lot like the Shining or Krampus house.  Good quality and a couple of decent scares.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 12:35 PM, Ueeediot said:

I, for one, am really excited for Slaughter Sinema.

So, yeah, I hope Slaughter Sinema lives up to the hype!

I completely agree, and can't wait for this! I grew up watching those same movies, plus there's a local drive-in near me that shows only retro movies, and even has VHS Fest, and Schlock-O-Rama weekend, so I feel a somewhat personal connection with this house.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 10:46 PM, TheShape1031 said:

I'm sorry guys.. I wanted to give happy death day a chance... I really did. What a dumb movie. Not scary at all. No suspense, no creativity. Dumb... im sorry. Not trying to be the old grouchy guy, but what a dumb movie. Complete rip off of Groundhog Day but without any good ideas.. just bad.. may be skipping this maze if it's coming. And I'm 8 drinks deep.... I really wanted to give it a shot..

So now that I am sobered up a little bit, let me try and clarify my rant on this movie from Saturday. I wasn't scared for one second. The dialogue was cringe worthy, just your typical *insert sex joke or pun here*... The mask the killer wore was laughable. Idk, overall I just thought it was a dumb movie.  I'm sure people enjoyed it and were entertained, but I just didn't see it that way. Okay, ranting about HDD over now.