Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

I know not too many are excited for this one, but Im very biased, because it's on of my guilty pleasures every Halloween. I am very curious to see what they do with Halloween 4. I'm thinking maybe it'll start off in the Psyche Ward and have an upside down ambulance somewhere where Michael escapes? Also, I wonder how much Jaime and Rachel will be incorporated in the house since most of the movie revolves around them.... I'm expecting to see a lot of Sheriff Meekers' House as well, maybe the school (get a blonde Michael just for kicks?)... Very interested in seeing what they come up with. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

I know not too many are excited for this one, but Im very biased, because it's on of my guilty pleasures every Halloween. I am very curious to see what they do with Halloween 4. I'm thinking maybe it'll start off in the Psyche Ward and have an upside down ambulance somewhere where Michael escapes? Also, I wonder how much Jaime and Rachel will be incorporated in the house since most of the movie revolves around them.... I'm expecting to see a lot of Sheriff Meekers' House as well, maybe the school (get a blonde Michael just for kicks?)... Very interested in seeing what they come up with. 

Having rewatched the film a lot happens outside. The space being used for this house, however, will make it difficult to pull that off. 

The other thing that struck me is the amount of guns used in this film, including friendly fire. I’d imagine they would try to steer away from the gun violence, and showcase everything else. This, coupled with house location makes it extremely limiting in my mind. 

Having not experienced Halloween and Halloween 2 at HHN I’m looking forward to giving it a go, but not expecting to be blown away by it. 

9 hours ago, Legacy said:

#GoSox

That's on me.

Ah, I see.
And the return of Blumhouse? When/ how did we discover that?

btw, 'Halloween 4' has some potential. I recall it being a decent enough sequel, but I don't think they should do another one after that, as the sequels' quality plummeted in a hurry after that.
Also, are the Scarezones' locations all official (Other than the obvious ones like "The Harvest" and "Twisted Tradition")? Because it looks like there'll be a LOT of unused space, I hope they have plenty of Roaming Hordes. Also, it looks a little wasteful to have "Killer Klowns" be in such a small area. I'd have put "Chucky" in the San Francisco area, "Vamp '85" where "Chucky" is (That was where "Vamp '55" was, after all), and "Killer Klowns" where "Vamp" is.

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Ah, I see.
And the return of Blumhouse? When/ how did we discover that?

btw, 'Halloween 4' has some potential. I recall it being a decent enough sequel, but I don't think they should do another one after that, as the sequels' quality plummeted in a hurry after that.
Also, are the Scarezones' locations all official (Other than the obvious ones like "The Harvest" and "Twisted Tradition")? Because it looks like there'll be a LOT of unused space, I hope they have plenty of Roaming Hordes. Also, it looks a little wasteful to have "Killer Klowns" be in such a small area. I'd have put "Chucky" in the San Francisco area, "Vamp '85" where "Chucky" is (That was where "Vamp '55" was, after all), and "Killer Klowns" where "Vamp" is.

Blumhouse was discovered by... Methods... 

And the zone locations are accurate.

10 hours ago, TheShape1031 said:

I remember exactly nothing from any Halloween movie after #3...and I still can't get that #%$^% Silver Shamrock song out of my head!  

So for me, I guess Halloween 4 is another original?

I swear to god - "It's a Small World" vs "Silver Shamrock" vs "1-877-Kars4Kids" - Just kill me already.  Where can I get one of those Star Trek ear slugs?

• Haha 4

So based on what we know-what houses do you think are going to be the “scarier” ones? I know we won’t really know until it all opens and we see the casts, etc. but I love the houses that are super scary! I love a good design-but I still look for the scares.

@Legacy I know your ranking is more based on the design front, but heard any grumblings about what houses seem to be the ones with bigger scares or which houses they think will be their scariest?

7 hours ago, zombieman said:

I remember exactly nothing from any Halloween movie after #3...and I still can't get that #%$^% Silver Shamrock song out of my head!  

I swear to god - "It's a Small World" vs "Silver Shamrock" vs "1-877-Kars4Kids" - Just kill me already.  Where can I get one of those Star Trek ear slugs?

That’s how I felt about that Eli Roth commercial last year.

6 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I personally liked the Eli Roth commercial last year. Which is strange, because normally I loathe Eli Roth's movies (Between the 'Hostel' films, 'The Green Inferno,' and even to a lesser extent the 'Thanksgiving' trailer for 'Grindhouse,' I feel he epitomizes modern horror at its worst, with more focus on grossing people out with over- the- top gore than creeping them out with good old- fashioned scares).

I don't really remember the music for it, just the visuals.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zombieman said:

You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIHUv2ooG38

21 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Having rewatched the film a lot happens outside. The space being used for this house, however, will make it difficult to pull that off. 

The other thing that struck me is the amount of guns used in this film, including friendly fire. I’d imagine they would try to steer away from the gun violence, and showcase everything else. This, coupled with house location makes it extremely limiting in my mind. 

Having not experienced Halloween and Halloween 2 at HHN I’m looking forward to giving it a go, but not expecting to be blown away by it. 

Yes a lot happens outside too, but some things, like the ending, will be hard to pull off. When he's shot and falls into the mine shaft at the end, that'll be a hard one to pull off.... especially, as you said, I think guns will be used as minimal as possible.. but I still think they can do some cool stuff with it. We'll see..... 

7 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Hahaha, the Silver Shamrock song is brutal when it's stuck in your head... H4 is probably the second best sequel after 2. It's not the greatest movie ever, but it's entertaining to an extent. A lot of the movie revolves around the little girl and Rachel her step sister, so I'm curious to see how much of them are incorporated into the maze. 

Realistically, now that Marketing shit the bed again.. think we'll get an announcement this week?  I mean, the poster with two of the unannounced houses are already out there.. so.. why wait?

Also, not to be nitpicky, but any spec on how they will print the HHN28 logo?  For example, the 25 had Jack's theater lights (like dressing room lights) in the 25.  For 26, the 26 had markings that looked like the makeup on Chance's eyes, etc..  Or will it just be a generic blood color 28?  I am always interested in this kind of minutiae.

28 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Realistically, now that Marketing shit the bed again.. think we'll get an announcement this week?  I mean, the poster with two of the unannounced houses are already out there.. so.. why wait?

Also, not to be nitpicky, but any spec on how they will print the HHN28 logo?  For example, the 25 had Jack's theater lights (like dressing room lights) in the 25.  For 26, the 26 had markings that looked like the makeup on Chance's eyes, etc..  Or will it just be a generic blood color 28?  I am always interested in this kind of minutiae.

Looks like Hollywood is getting a bit of an info dump today (and their tickets went on sale). I'm guessing it's a safe bet we'll get at least one announcement this week (Poltergeist?).

As for the logo, I foresee that they'll do some sort of retro feel to it. Not sure if they'll go full analogue '80s, and do the "28" similar to the read outs in the Delorian, but it's possible.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

so since we don't have much to speculate now. what scenes do you guys wanna see in the houses?

Sticking with my biased H4 speculation.... would really like to see the ending scene with Jaime standing at the top of the stairs and a Donald Pleasance look a like just yelling (lip syncing to a track) No, NO, NO, No, NO over and over for hours haha. 

33 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Looks like Hollywood is getting a bit of an info dump today (and their tickets went on sale). I'm guessing it's a safe bet we'll get at least one announcement this week (Poltergeist?).

As for the logo, I foresee that they'll do some sort of retro feel to it. Not sure if they'll go full analogue '80s, and do the "28" similar to the read outs in the Delorian, but it's possible.

What I'm wondering is what the slogan is this year. 26 you have You Won't Stand A Chance, and last year you had Your Soul Is Requested. What's this years gonna be?