Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

3 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Realistically, now that Marketing shit the bed again.. think we'll get an announcement this week?  I mean, the poster with two of the unannounced houses are already out there.. so.. why wait?

Also, not to be nitpicky, but any spec on how they will print the HHN28 logo?  For example, the 25 had Jack's theater lights (like dressing room lights) in the 25.  For 26, the 26 had markings that looked like the makeup on Chance's eyes, etc..  Or will it just be a generic blood color 28?  I am always interested in this kind of minutiae.

We definitely need official announcements. I can only assume they are waiting for the signoff of announcement vids, or some other minor holdup which is delaying things. 

Im guessing the logo will be fairly standard, but with the video blip running through the middle (same as on the website). It’s simple, but effective. However, will they use 28 or 2018?

Edited by Drummanmatt
Removing potential spoiler content
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

Realistically, now that Marketing shit the bed again.. think we'll get an announcement this week?  I mean, the poster with two of the unannounced houses are already out there.. so.. why wait?

Also, not to be nitpicky, but any spec on how they will print the HHN28 logo?  For example, the 25 had Jack's theater lights (like dressing room lights) in the 25.  For 26, the 26 had markings that looked like the makeup on Chance's eyes, etc..  Or will it just be a generic blood color 28?  I am always interested in this kind of minutiae.

Marketing is for the general public, not for us freaks that hit refresh on this forum 100 times a day. :-) Joe Public has no clue about what was leaked and I know that nobody here believes it, but there's a method to marketing's madness.  They aren't going to abandoned all plans because one poster went up and a handful of speculation forums picked up on it.

That's like if someone posted a "Bruce Willis............................" tweet about the Sixth Sense that a few people saw and then the release company comes out and annouces the twist ending.

Edit:. Don't point out the lack of Twitter at the time....you get my point

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

From what’s been said, we don’t have Hollywood’s two Blumhouse properties. Thank god. 

The only problem is ours has The First Purge. 

(Also, off-topic but whatever happened to The Conjuring? Wasn't it gonna be a house this year, but once again had to get scrapped?) 

53 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Marketing is for the general public, not for us freaks that hit refresh on this forum 100 times a day. :-) Joe Public has no clue about what was leaked and I know that nobody here believes it, but there's a method to marketing's madness.  They aren't going to abandoned all plans because one poster went up and a handful of speculation forums picked up on it.

That's like if someone posted a "Bruce Willis............................" tweet about the Sixth Sense that a few people saw and then the release company comes out and annouces the twist ending.

I get that.. but we are getting really close to opening night anyway.  Why not toss a bone?  People like to plan travel, get tickets, etc.  So, let's go already. 

39 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

The only problem is ours has The First Purge. 

(Also, off-topic but whatever happened to The Conjuring? Wasn't it gonna be a house this year, but once again had to get scrapped?) 

There is no way they are getting The Conjuring.  Now that WB is promoting its own horror event, that ship has sailed

1 hour ago, Drummanmatt said:

Uh oh, just seen on Twitter Hollywood’s site leaked what’s coming by accident, including their blumhouse. 

Not sure how to do spoiler tags on here so won’t say what’s in Hollywood, but assume we’re probably getting similar properties in Orlando....

We definitely need official announcements. I can only assume they are waiting for the signoff of announcement vids, or some other minor holdup which is delaying things. 

Im guessing the logo will be fairly standard, but with the video blip running through the middle (same as on the website). It’s simple, but effective. However, will they use 28 or 2018?

They always use the number not the year in Orlando

3 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I get that.. but we are getting really close to opening night anyway.  Why not toss a bone?  People like to plan travel, get tickets, etc.  So, let's go already. 

There is no way they are getting The Conjuring.  Now that WB is promoting its own horror event, that ship has sailed

They always use the number not the year in Orlando

What I mean is did it get scrapped like last year? Where as last year, it was scrapped late in the game and transformed into Hive. This year, was it scrapped in planning stages, or while it was being built? 

53 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

From what’s been said, we don’t have Hollywood’s two Blumhouse properties. Thank god. 

Are you sure about that? Also isn’t the first purge supposed to be a Hollywood exclusive? I’m not complaining if purge is in as I’d much rather have that and HDD than the Hollywood Blumhouse properties

1 hour ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Yep. Which is why I’m really eager to hear what the general public’s reaction to Poltergeist is.

Something I've mentioned in the Hollywood section, since they just had the full site release for a few min, is that the IP contract is not just an agreement to allow usage of the IP.  It also requires Universal to act in a responsible manner when representing the IP to the public.  Unveiling it on its own is part of that.  Universal's negligence (and that's what it is) twice in one year is going to cost them goodwill in obtaining future IPs.  It's one thing to have a leak from rogue employees.  God knows we get those.  This was plain stupidity and not following procedure. 

Wouldn't surprise me if future years see both coasts just release the whole year at once (like most haunts do) to avoid this crap, or just release half early and half late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HHN Pro said:

What I mean is did it get scrapped like last year? Where as last year, it was scrapped late in the game and transformed into Hive. This year, was it scrapped in planning stages, or while it was being built? 

No, it wasn't scrapped this year. It was never really on the table.

16 minutes ago, Legacy said:

No, it wasn't scrapped this year. It was never really on the table.

Oh. Thought I saw somewhere that it was once again scrapped. Oh well!

But again, what's the slogan for this year? HHN 26 was You Won't Stand A Chance, HHN 27 was Your Soul Is Requested, HHN 28 is..? 

But again, what's the slogan for this year? HHN 26 was You Won't Stand A Chance, HHN 27 was Your Soul Is Requested, HHN 28 is..? 

HHN 28: Visceral Vintage Visions

HHN 28: Totally Tubular Terror

HHN 28: Marketing Did WHAT?!?!

HHN 28: Your Parents are Gonna LOVE This Year!

HHN 28: Do you Want to Build a Scarecrow?

HHN 28: Don't Make us Bring Back Walking Dead...

• Haha 5

Oh. Thought I saw somewhere that it was once again scrapped. Oh well!

To stay with the 80s theme....how about Suicidal Tendencies' Send Me Your Money!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, zombieman said:

HHN 28: Visceral Vintage Visions

HHN 28: Totally Tubular Terror

HHN 28: Marketing Did WHAT?!?!

HHN 28: Your Parents are Gonna LOVE This Year!

HHN 28: Do you Want to Build a Scarecrow?

HHN 28: Don't Make us Bring Back Walking Dead...

HHN 28: The Haunting of the 80's 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bggrenville813 said:

Hey guys! I'm a Hollywood local and will be going to Orlando's event for the first time this year. Any tips for a new attendee? I haven't even been to the Universal out there for like 15 years so any information is helpful haha. Super excited to see how the events differ! 

1. You're gonna wish you can stay in Orlando after you visit us.

2. Get there about 2 hours before, as if you get there when the event starts, the line is usually about 20 minutes just to get inside.

3. Eat before going in.

4. Go through all the houses in a clockwise rotation. Start at the very front (where Stranger Things is looking to be), and make your way around till you reach the front and get to the Shrek house (Halloween 4).

5. Have fun! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

1. You're gonna wish you can stay in Orlando after you visit us.

2. Get there about 2 hours before, as if you get there when the event starts, the line is usually about 20 minutes just to get inside.

3. Eat before going in.

4. Go through all the houses in a clockwise rotation. Start at the very front (where Stranger Things is looking to be), and make your way around till you reach the front and get to the Shrek house (Halloween 4).

5. Have fun! 

Thank you!

On 8/7/2018 at 9:09 PM, bggrenville813 said:

Hey guys! I'm a Hollywood local and will be going to Orlando's event for the first time this year. Any tips for a new attendee? I haven't even been to the Universal out there for like 15 years so any information is helpful haha. Super excited to see how the events differ! 

In addition to the excellent ones that HHN Pro offered, here are some of mine:
1. While I concur that you should eat before coming, if you HAVE to eat there, I recommend Richter Burger. Decent prices (All things considered), relatively short lines, and tastes pretty good. Also on the food front, if you want to eat at the Springfield/ Simpsons- themed food court, I recommend the Frying Dutchman. Their calamari dinner is good.
2. Now then, on to House- related info: First up, if you want to keep from getting too scared, stay in the center of the path at all times and DO NOT get too close to the walls on either side. Our scareactors love using "Boo- Holes" (Hidden passages in the walls) and popping out of them, so getting too close to one with a Scareactor in it is like thrusting a steak in front of a starving man.
3. Another "To avoid getting scared too bad in a House" tip: Be aware of your surroundings. HHN loves using tactics like camouflaged scareactors (Either by making them blend in with the walls, or appear to be a statue or other such decoration) and distraction scares that direct your attention to one area of a room then nail you with a scareactor or special effect from the other side.
4. Every year, there tend to be a LOT of scareactors in the Houses and/ or the scarezones wielding chainsaws. HHN's designers knows that good sound effects at the right times are a great way to get scares, and there are few everyday sound effects scarier than the roar of a chainsaw.

Edited by Nightcrawler
I got another member's name wrong.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

1. While I concur that you should eat before coming, if you HAVE to eat there, I recommend Richter Burger. Decent prices (All things considered), relatively short lines, and tastes pretty good. Also on the food front, if you want to eat at the Springfield/ Simpsons- themed food court, I recommend the Frying Dutchman. Their calamari dinner is good.

Also, during HHN they tend to serve the same several items at all of the windows in the Simpson's food court. I typically look at who is serving what prior to getting in line so I know if they all are serving the same items. Then I go to the shortest window line.