Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

With the "completion" of Twisted Traditions construction, I've realized something. 

A&D have connected a house and zone. Sinema will contain a movie called Pumpkin Guts that was filmed with the cooperation of the Carey, Ohio police per the poster. 

Given Twisted Traditions theme and the fact it takes place in Carey, one has to wonder if Pumpkin Guts is based on Twisted Traditions. 

• Like 3

Just now, mystiquephreeq said:

With the "completion" of Twisted Traditions construction, I've realized something. 

A&D have connected a house and zone. Sinema will contain a movie called Pumpkin Guts that was filmed with the cooperation of the Carey, Ohio police per the poster. 

Given Twisted Traditions theme and the fact it takes place in Carey, one has to wonder if Pumpkin Guts is based on Twisted Traditions. 

It's also tangentially connected to Trick R Treat since they both have similar themes, and most people will walk through Traditions to get to that house.

I’m reading rumors that they’re limiting the UOAP early nights to only one per passholder this year. If true, I’m kinda surprised they took this long to enact it but also annoyed because this was the first year I was gonna try to go to all four. Usually I just do the first two Fridays. 

Also they announced UOAP-exclusive Q&A sessions with some of the show directors during the last weekend in September. 

Edit- looks like it’s officially on the UOAP benefits page. RSVP info still coming soon. 

Edited by marc
  • Like 2

As this year starts to get closer I’m becoming more excited. We are less than a month away! I know this is off topic from what was previously stated but this new “social media” age we are in, I don’t like it. I don’t like the random announcements throughout the year. I honestly miss getting the whole event announced like now. Not knowing what the event will have until August builds the hype more for me. Think of it like this. If you start getting Christmas presents in September to open, it’s not gonna be as exciting. You get to Christmas and only have 1 or 2 presents to open. That’s what it feels like to me. Anyone else have any thoughts about this? 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

As this year starts to get closer I’m becoming more excited. We are less than a month away! I know this is off topic from what was previously stated but this new “social media” age we are in, I don’t like it. I don’t like the random announcements throughout the year. I honestly miss getting the whole event announced like now. Not knowing what the event will have until August builds the hype more for me. Think of it like this. If you start getting Christmas presents in September to open, it’s not gonna be as exciting. You get to Christmas and only have 1 or 2 presents to open. That’s what it feels like to me. Anyone else have any thoughts about this? 

As someone who was active in the off-season this year, the occasional announcements throughout the year keeps the speculation going, and keeps the community active.

(I’m getting excited too!)

41 minutes ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

As someone who was active in the off-season this year, the occasional announcements throughout the year keeps the speculation going, and keeps the community active.

(I’m getting excited too!)

Well back in 2008 there was plenty of speculation throughout the year. Specially with the amazing website we had. That built up the excitement. Honestly they don’t do websites anymore because of all the stupid people on Facebook that post “omg lol how much are tickets this year lol” because they are too dumb to look at the website. And apparently the old websites were too hard for them to navigate and find the information they were looking for. 

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

As someone who's travelled from NY every year so far that's a huuuuge headache.  There are a group of 4 of that go every year...then there are like 10 other people who go now and then.  Their decision is partially based on the lineup.

Making flight reservations now is no good.  My flight down this year is $69 since I got a good South West deal.  Others in my group are heading down a few days early, the cheapest flight I can switch to is now $267 and has two layovers if I want to go down at the same time.

That's why you need the BIG announcement first so people like me, and to a bigger extent, the people coming from the UK, will be inclined to make their travel plans early :). 

And then the smaller announcements just give 10 more chances to convince those in my group on the fence to make the decision to go.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

Yeah, after a quick google image search I agree.

I just hate that AP sleeve logo, it feels so pretentious. Probably will just stick with the house shirt.

Its just that Im not a kid. Im 41 years old professional (using that term loosely). My days of walking around with killer clowns and blood splatter on my shirt are kinda over. Ever though I have a ton of horror movie shirts I like the more subtle, clean designs in my old age LOL

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Its just that Im not a kid. Im 41 years old professional (using that term loosely). My days of walking around with killer clowns and blood splatter on my shirt are kinda over. Ever though I have a ton of horror movie shirts I like the more subtle, clean designs in my old age LOL

I prefer the more reserved designs as well, but I don’t want to feel like I’m rubbing my annual pass in my friends’ faces.

42 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I like my blood splatter shirts, but only because I have got one every year since 2006. But honestly I just want a nice large event logo on the front with the Houses on the back. I don’t like that small logo like last years shirt. 

2 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I'm with you on this (I'm 38, myself). Plus I have a small child so most of my weekends are spent at family-friendly events. I don't want to scare off other parents.

Also, are ALL of the t-shirt designs black? I live in Florida. It is very hot. Black shirts don't do so well in the Florida heat.

• Like 1

Hello! Just signed up to this forum so I could say... Blumhouse?! Really?? Super not exciting... all of those amazing films from the 80s and the best thing they could come up with is the Purge... again. Such a let down. Think it would be better to have one less house than subject everyone to that much disappointment.

edit - I should add I don’t even dislike those films, they are fun in their own way but not in the same league of excitement for a Halloween event as, say, Poltergiest.

They can redeem themselves (maybe) by having a classic monsters house or a wicked 80s film... liiiike.... The Thing :) or Gremlins!

Edited by Nitefly

40 minutes ago, Nitefly said:

Hello! Just signed up to this forum so I could say... Blumhouse?! Really?? Super not exciting... all of those amazing films from the 80s and the best thing they could come up with is the Purge... again. Such a let down. Think it would be better to have one less house than subject everyone to that much disappointment.

edit - I should add I don’t even dislike those films, they are fun in their own way but not in the same league of excitement for a Halloween event as, say, Poltergiest.

They can redeem themselves (maybe) by having a classic monsters house or a wicked 80s film... liiiike.... The Thing :) or Gremlins!

You should be lucky you guys aren’t getting Truth or Dare and Unfriended like Hollywood. 

• Like 2

Quite whining about the two Blumhouse films we have for Hollywood. They're taking something unconventional and getting creative with it. Watch it end up your favorite maze.

51 minutes ago, Nitefly said:

Blumhouse?! Really?? Super not exciting... all of those amazing films from the 80s and the best thing they could come up with is the Purge... again.

Universal doesn't own every horror movie from the 80s and getting the rights to use IPs has become restricted (which is a good thing). Plus the 80s theme is just a loose marketing gimmick. And as I already said in the Blumhouse thread, they own The Purge and want to promote the new film for its upcoming bluray release. Besides, I'm sure if you dug deep into the library of 80s horror, you'd find a movie similar to The Purge. And Happy Death Day is a straight up 80s-esque slasher horror movie, so it works.

They've already done The Thing a sequel in 2007 & the prequel in 2011. And WB owns Gremlins, which is featured at their own haunt event in its own special way. 

• Like 2

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic
  • Mark M. featured this topic