Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

11 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

As someone who's travelled from NY every year so far that's a huuuuge headache.  There are a group of 4 of that go every year...then there are like 10 other people who go now and then.  Their decision is partially based on the lineup.

Making flight reservations now is no good.  My flight down this year is $69 since I got a good South West deal.  Others in my group are heading down a few days early, the cheapest flight I can switch to is now $267 and has two layovers if I want to go down at the same time.

That's why you need the BIG announcement first so people like me, and to a bigger extent, the people coming from the UK, will be inclined to make their travel plans early :). 

And then the smaller announcements just give 10 more chances to convince those in my group on the fence to make the decision to go.

I feel you there, except I waited until Hollywood. or California haunts decided to reveal or release their houses and now I am stuck on the east coast this year.
Hopefully, I can get back there twice next year.
 I enjoy the west coast.
  I want a classic monster house but I don't doubt that classic universal will be back here this year at least. 

7 hours ago, Henry14 said:

You should be lucky you guys aren’t getting Truth or Dare and Unfriended like Hollywood. 

Haha I think that those are a little less predictable as to how they will be pulled off, so I’m less intrigued by more Purge.

7 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Universal doesn't own every horror movie from the 80s and getting the rights to use IPs has become restricted (which is a good thing). Plus the 80s theme is just a loose marketing gimmick. And as I already said in the Blumhouse thread, they own The Purge and want to promote the new film for its upcoming bluray release. Besides, I'm sure if you dug deep into the library of 80s horror, you'd find a movie similar to The Purge. And Happy Death Day is a straight up 80s-esque slasher horror movie, so it works.

They've already done The Thing a sequel in 2007 & the prequel in 2011. And WB owns Gremlins, which is featured at their own haunt event in its own special way. 

Thanks for the reply - well it sounds like Gremlins is out then. I think another interation of the thing would not be ‘too soon’ at this point. Universal Classic Monsters would be super cool though :)

This live stream has been incredible and informative. And they just revealed the final house: Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After!

And they revealed what the "splatter" room is:

Humpty Dumpty.

Edited by marc

I am beyond excited about Scary Tales.  I am predicting it will be in my top 3 houses this year.  For the record, screw Blumhouse.  I will probably go through once to say I did it, and that's it.  My entire group feels the same.  They are definitely the new Walking Dead.   But it's fine - it doesn't take away my excitement for this event one bit.  My only disappointment is that we still have 3 weeks, 3 days more to wait.

As for announcements and traveling..  I've traveled from Chicago for this event since 2005.  It would've never crossed my mind to wait and see what content was being announced before I would book my travel.  I already know it will be the best Halloween event I attend all year, so I just have faith I will be blown away every year.  I have NEVER been disappointed.  If you really want to save money on planning travel... just plan it.  I've had my airfare for all four weekends since April.

One other thing - has anyone seen the HHN28 logo yet?  You know what I mean, right?  Like I mentioned before.. HHN25 used the theater lights in the numbers, 26 had Chance's eye makeup.. Long story, but I need that logo.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, themazethinker said:

you realize they never done the original. not the sequel, or prequel. the ORIGINAL

13 hours ago, Legacy said:

Well, no one's ever heard of "The Thing From Another World." They only know about the remake.

This deserves all the likes

Wasn't very excited for ST before, but the announced stories they'll be tackling (Three Little Pigs, Humpty Dumpty) bumps this one up a few spots on my hype list. Very excited to see how they pull those off with either animatronics, costumes, or static models.

Edited by happy bunny rabbit

18 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I am beyond excited about Scary Tales.  I am predicting it will be in my top 3 houses this year.  For the record, screw Blumhouse.  I will probably go through once to say I did it, and that's it.  My entire group feels the same.  They are definitely the new Walking Dead.   But it's fine - it doesn't take away my excitement for this event one bit.  My only disappointment is that we still have 3 weeks, 3 days more to wait.

As for announcements and traveling..  I've traveled from Chicago for this event since 2005.  It would've never crossed my mind to wait and see what content was being announced before I would book my travel.  I already know it will be the best Halloween event I attend all year, so I just have faith I will be blown away every year.  I have NEVER been disappointed.  If you really want to save money on planning travel... just plan it.  I've had my airfare for all four weekends since April.

One other thing - has anyone seen the HHN28 logo yet?  You know what I mean, right?  Like I mentioned before.. HHN25 used the theater lights in the numbers, 26 had Chance's eye makeup.. Long story, but I need that logo.

In regard to Blumhouse, hopefully it'll suck some of the idiots out of the park if only for a couple minutes

• Like 1

Just now, happy bunny rabbit said:

Jeez, just because the properties aren't great doesn't mean the house will blow. Give it a chance.

It's in that elevated propped up, crappy tent next to Fear Factor. It doesn't stand a chance.

Side note: Did I miss something or is "more houses than ever" the "theme" of this event?

"...wrapping up our killer lineup of haunted houses at this year’s event – more houses than ever!"

2 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

It's in that elevated propped up, crappy tent next to Fear Factor. It doesn't stand a chance.

I mean, HoB wasn't the worst last year imo.

3 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Side note: Did I miss something or is "more houses than ever" the "theme" of this event?

"...wrapping up our killer lineup of haunted houses at this year’s event – more houses than ever!"

I thought it was "The Past Will Haunt You."

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 1:54 PM, Ringwraith said:

No word today on any dig,

So I'll clue you in on a big,

They've tested out in a zone,

And even given it a home,

The sequel game is not quite over,

It's just begun with Dead Exposure

On 5/3/2018 at 2:10 PM, TheRobcat said:

saws and Steam has been a zone and had a home. Alice as well, right? I'm sure there are more. 

On 5/3/2018 at 2:28 PM, mystiquephreeq said:

Timings off on the second line. 

The Ifrit keeps his meter and cadence solid. 

Should I reproduce my poem regarding poetry that I used to explain the importance of our mutual friend's couplets in 2011?

And...

It had a home

Just not its own. 

On 5/3/2018 at 1:58 PM, StupidStupidDan said:

Well. At least your poetry is better than Ifrit's. 

My interpretation: A zone that was also a house a la "Dead Water" last year. But, probably not ANOTHER voodoo/bayou house.

Edit: If it's the one I've heard rumblings about, maybe "giving it a house" is a bit of a misdirection? 

Ah! And the final shoe has dropped(or been sucked under the house). I like to revisit these posts to see who was on to my clues, but this one kind of faded away into the background. Members were all over Poltergeist, Halloween etc. This was also one of the links to Reflections of Fear, that I was talking about!

Edited by Ringwraith
wrong year
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Ah! And the final shoe has dropped(or been sucked under the house). I like to revisit these posts to see who was on to my clues, but this one kind of faded away into the background. Members were all over Poltergeist, Halloween etc. This was also one of the links to 2009 that I was talking about!

Yeppers!! And it was 08 not 09

Side note: 

I'm currently attempting to fix Uni's poem. They totally screwed up the meter and cadence of the last two lines. 

My FTFY to Uni:

A wicked witch rules this land

Each legend cursed by her hand

Every tale twisted with fear

There're no happy endings here

• Like 2

The following dates are student holidays according to public school calendars, and may affect crowds on adjacent nights:

Brevard County: Monday October 15

Lake County: Monday October 15

Orange County: Monday October 15, and Friday October 26

Osceola County: Monday October 15

Polk County: Monday September 17, and Monday October 15

Seminole County: Thursday October 11, and Friday October 12

Volusia County: Monday October 15

And the UCF night has not been announced yet.

Expect a lot of guests on Sunday October 14th

2 hours ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

I mean, HoB wasn't the worst last year imo.

I thought it was "The Past Will Haunt You."

Blumhouse definitely WAS the WORST last year.  We went thru it twice and gave up.  And usually - crappy movie, by definition, translates to crappy house.  If I don't give a single shit about the property, why would I about the house?   Purge is done.. overdone... stick a fork in it.

• Like 1

Just now, hunnylvr said:

Blumhouse definitely WAS the WORST last year.

Uh...I'm a huge Evil Dead fan but...AvED was bad. Maybe not terrible, but IMO it was quite a bit worse than HoB.

5 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

And usually - crappy movie, by definition, translates to crappy house.  If I don't give a single shit about the property, why would I about the house?   Purge is done.. overdone... stick a fork in it.

I mean - I had never seen a Saw film when I went through the house last year but I adored that house. It was #3 on my list. I agree that Purge is overdone, but this is literally the first time the Purge has had a house at the event that was specifically designed for the IP. Not sure about you, but that's at least a little exciting to me. From what I've seen, TFP's costumes are pretty sick looking.

27 minutes ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

Uh...I'm a huge Evil Dead fan but...AvED was bad. Maybe not terrible, but IMO it was quite a bit worse than HoB.

I mean - I had never seen a Saw film when I went through the house last year but I adored that house. It was #3 on my list. I agree that Purge is overdone, but this is literally the first time the Purge has had a house at the event that was specifically designed for the IP. Not sure about you, but that's at least a little exciting to me. From what I've seen, TFP's costumes are pretty sick looking.

It is absolutely NOT the first time Purge has had a house.  It had a house for 25.