Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

4 hours ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

I wouldn't assume your own opinion on a house based on only the projected opinion of another's.

Different strokes for different folks.

Couldn’t agree more. You need a mix of stuff to cater for everyone. Last year I really didn’t want or enjoy Saw, but it always had huge queues and was popular. 

Also whilst a few people hated Ash vs Evil Dead I loved it. Best way to experience HHN is to go in with an open mind, and give things a go. You may be surprised. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Couldn’t agree more. You need a mix of stuff to cater for everyone. Last year I really didn’t want or enjoy Saw, but it always had huge queues and was popular. 

Also whilst a few people hated Ash vs Evil Dead I loved it. Best way to experience HHN is to go in with an open mind, and give things a go. You may be surprised. 

I disagree with every opinion you just said about those two houses, which hilariously proves our point, doesn't it? :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chef said:

I'm excited to see Meteor so high on your list, if it is what I think it is, it's the house I had the most reservations about when I first heard about it. I'm also disappointed to see Poison so low, again if it's the house I think it is I was looking forward to it. I suppose we'll see.

I assume you're referring to my list?

I don't attend the event anymore (haven't since 2011), so my list is based more on personal curiosity and the creativity within the houses. The more I see if each, the better sense I get of if the ideas work (for example - DE:PZ moved up because of its opening scene). So, the more creative I think a house is the higher its position.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

@mystiquephreeq Would you say pickle could be connected to roots?

Also does your theory of each original connecting to a Legion of Horror still stand?

Maybe?

Yes, it does. Let me update:

Announced Originals:

Slaughter Sinema - Morphan 

DE2 - Kerezan

Carnival Graveyard - Maschorian  

Rumored/Speculated Originals:

Meteor:  Strengoit (This one is theory. Need more info)

Poison: Cerebin

Scarezones:

Vamp '85 - Strengoit

The Harvest - Baccanoid

Twisted Traditions - Morphan (possibly Cerebin)

Killer Klowns - Cerebin

Chucky - Morphan

Announced IPs:

TrT - Morphan

Stranger Things - Cerebin

Rumored/Speculated IPs:

Poltergeist - Kerezan

Halloween - Kerezan

HoB 2.0 - Maschorian 

Edit: I'm going on more limited info than @Legacy

I haven't seen as much. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Strengoit said:

The rumor is that they are going to charge Preferred AP holders for parking on the nights of HHN.

Wow, that’s dumb. Hopefully that turns out to be false. Fortunately I always do stay and scream so it shouldn’t be an issue for me. 

On 7/29/2018 at 12:57 PM, happy bunny rabbit said:

Legacy’s doing Orlando’s PR for them, hahaha.

Shhh!  I heard Legacy is going to announce a sweepstakes soon.

15 hours ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

I wouldn't assume your own opinion on a house based on only the projected opinion of another's.

Different strokes for different folks.

I base all of my projected opinion on what criticalanalysis writes.  This will be the worst year ever.  :D

8 hours ago, Dr. Strengoit said:

The rumor is that they are going to charge Preferred AP holders for parking on the nights of HHN.

That would be a terrible decision; I hope this does not happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Dr. Strengoit said:

This is probably an honest mistake...the same one I made talking to my friends.  2 of my friends have family in Florida and have Florida Resident Season Passes for Universal, and when I was reading up on the ticket info for the event, it said something like "Free Parking for Seasonal Passes not valid during HHN event nights" or something like that.  Seasonal vs Season - I didn't pick up on the difference.

I guess Universal has fall seasonal passes available or something...and they aren't valid for HHN nights.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

This is probably an honest mistake...the same one I made talking to my friends.  2 of my friends have family in Florida and have Florida Resident Season Passes for Universal, and when I was reading up on the ticket info for the event, it said something like "Free Parking for Seasonal Passes not valid during HHN event nights" or something like that.  Seasonal vs Season - I didn't pick up on the difference.

I guess Universal has fall seasonal passes available or something...and they aren't valid for HHN nights.

Season/seasonal are the same thing. Seasonal and ANNUAL however...

On 7/30/2018 at 8:31 AM, Dr. Strengoit said:

Rumor squashed. :-) Universal confirmed yesterday that the 2-park & 3-park Preferred and Premier APs receive complimentary self-parking during HHN 28 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Iwrestledabearonce said:

Season/seasonal are the same thing. Seasonal and ANNUAL however...

Ooops, OK....I live(d) in NY and everything was called Season Passes....just like season tickets for sports.  Guess when your parks are open all year long and don't close for the winter, you call them annual :-) 

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Strengoit said:

Rumor squashed. :-) Universal confirmed yesterday that the 2-park & 3-park Preferred and Premier APs receive complimentary self-parking during HHN 28 

Thank God, that would be the most horrible thing ever if Universal charged APs parking during HHN, I mean come on....that would've been terrible. After all the money I spend on AP and FFP+ lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Cough...Poltergeist and CGY should be swapped.

Well... I was referring more to houses but, we're going to argue those sorts of semantics on it?

Fine...

All four of the soundstage queues are changing this year.

• Like 4

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic
  • Mark M. featured this topic