Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

On 7/23/2018 at 4:41 AM, Jediwhit82 said:

Lost continent does not need replacing, it, especially the Greek section is the best area in all of universal.

Theming wise

(gif of American psycho “maybe...I don’t know)

but attraction wise... 

(gif of yeah it’s gonna be a no from me dog)

gifs don’t always work on mobile.

On 7/24/2018 at 6:03 AM, Drummanmatt said:

But does leave the park very lopsided in terms of scarezones, as currently there’s nothing from San Fran all the way round to Central Park. Appreciate there’s issues with using London, etc. but does look very bare at the moment. Unless they have something else up their sleeves?

This year’s scarezones are gonna feel like that, but for various reasons I think it’ll be better during 29:

1. Universal now knows that everyone hates F&F so A&D (or whoever is in charge of zone planning)’ll be able to put a zone in front of it.

2. If FFL is closed by then the area in front wouldn’t have to worry about the show’s crowds.

3. If this year’s zone management feels lopsided they might finally try to use the London waterfront bypass path, a perfect place for a zone that could actually feature a set.

19 hours ago, WannabeIcon said:

Soooo those letters, do look very similar to 25? Just with a different hue in colors on them!

Who was 25’s icon again?

Edited by happy bunny rabbit
  • Like 1

I have a feeling they don’t want big elaborate sets around there due to the new nighttime show. That doesn’t mean they don’t have something planned for there (thinking of the undead clown chainsaw gang from last year). We haven’t had the chainsaw drill team announced yet so might fit in that area again. 

55 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I have a feeling they don’t want big elaborate sets around there due to the new nighttime show. That doesn’t mean they don’t have something planned for there (thinking of the undead clown chainsaw gang from last year). We haven’t had the chainsaw drill team announced yet so might fit in that area again. 

Oh yeah...I could see that for the area around F&F but London waterfront and FFL aren't close enough to the lagoon show for that to be a problem.

4 hours ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

Oh yeah...I could see that for the area around F&F but London waterfront and FFL aren't close enough to the lagoon show for that to be a problem.

London might be out for HHN similar to Seuss landing is/was. JK Rowling/WB May not like it. 

And guessing FFL area isn’t used this year due to crowding issues with AoV.  But next year could be different as you say

13 hours ago, Gambit said:

New map coming soon but Carnival Graveyard has already been on the map for a few weeks now.

Jeez you are right.  You posted it back on 6/22.  I think I missed that when I read "Carnival" and thought it would just be another clown house and gave it no further thought.  Or forgot it because I'm old.  Either way works.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

London might be out for HHN similar to Seuss landing is/was. JK Rowling/WB May not like it.

The main London land from King’s Cross to the old Amity bathrooms is clearly not allowed to House a zone, as it would disturb the theming of the area.

However, the waterfront path that features no Harry Potter or even London theming seems to be more of a gray area as to whether they can place a zone there, but I think it’d be fine as it isn’t really part of the London theme, it’s more of a bypass path.

My newly improved speculation map.

Stranger Things - Soundstage 22

Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces - Soundstage 24B

Dead Exposure: Patient Zero - Sprung Tent 1

Trick 'r Treat - Old Parade Building

Slaughter Sinema - Shrek 4D Theater 2

YEARS & FAVORITE HOUSES

HHN XXV - JACK PRESENTS 25 YEARS OF MONSTERS & MAYHEM (SOUNDSTAGE 21)

HHN XXVI - HALLOWEEN: HELL COMES TO HADDONFIELD (PARADE BUILDING)

HHN XXVII - SCARECROW: THE REAPING (SPRUNG TENT 1) 

7 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces - Soundstage 24B           Actually A--the side that enters by the library

(Dead Waters, WD5, BC3); B is the side that    

enters at Fallon (Fallen, GT2, FvJ)

Slaughter Sinema - Shrek 4D Theater 2                                    Sprung tent 2 (the north sprung, where Hive  

was)

YEARS & FAVORITE HOUSES

22 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I still hold to 24B, because that side always has much more elaborate sets. (GT2, TF, FVJ)

I still say Shrek Theater, because that sounds like the perfect spot for this house. 

1 hour ago, HHN Pro said:

I still hold to 24B, because that side always has much more elaborate sets. (GT2, TF, FVJ)

I still say Shrek Theater, because that sounds like the perfect spot for this house. 

Pretty sure it’s been confirmed slaughter cinema is in a sprung tent, and feature is going into Shrek. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HHN Pro said:

Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces - Soundstage 24B

Slaughter Sinema - Shrek 4D Theater 2

While I appreciate your enthusiasm for figuring out what goes where, the questions have already been answered.

Sinema is in Sprung 2. Full Stop.

• Like 6

Question: I heard from some that the Shrek theater was a last-minute house location. Why is that? Was it originally 9 houses, or is it because they were going to close Shrek but scrapped it? 

YEARS & FAVORITE HOUSES

49 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

Question: I heard from some that the Shrek theater was a last-minute house location. Why is that? Was it originally 9 houses, or is it because they were going to close Shrek but scrapped it?

Yes. According to Legacy, it was between a second show and a 10th house in Shrek. It was obviously a pretty late decision as earlier marketing this year stated 9 houses.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

Yes. According to Legacy, it was between a second show and a 10th house in Shrek. It was obviously a pretty late decision as earlier marketing this year stated 9 houses.

Ah, thanks. Actually... Could that mean whatever is going in the Shrek theater could technically be that one house that's put in pretty late in the game? (House of Horrors, Evil Dead, The Purge, Hive) 

YEARS & FAVORITE HOUSES

55 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

Ah, thanks. Actually... Could that mean whatever is going in the Shrek theater could technically be that one house that's put in pretty late in the game? (House of Horrors, Evil Dead, The Purge, Hive)

Not sure about Evil Dead or HoH but Purge and Hive were both overlays of IP houses that fell through, Scream and The Conjuring respectively.

The Shrek house doesn’t seem to be that kind of house, just one that wasn’t certain to be built until pretty late in planning this year’s event.