Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

As for a history based house... what could be used besides Nightengales?

Donner Party

Elizabeth Bathory

Salem Witch Trials

Typhoid Mary

Seven Plagues of Egypt (setting is historical... No arguments)

Mount Vesuvius/Fall of Pompeii (actually, a house with you trying to escape the volcano could terrifying)

Delphine LaLourie

Viking Raid (similar story to Forsaken)

• Like 3

Donner Party

Elizabeth Bathory

Salem Witch Trials

Typhoid Mary

Mount Vesuvius/Fall of Pompeii (actually, a house with you trying to escape the volcano could terrifying)

Delphine LaLourie

May as well call the Viking one Forsaken 2, because we need more new house franchises minus Walking Dead.

Only one in that list I would be meh about is the Donner Party, which sounds like it would just be a colder Roanoke.

• Like 1

I love the Pompeii and plauge ideas a lot but I think Dyatlov Pass works the best because:

No one knows who mutilated the 9 bodies or how they did it.

There is a yeti theory, and that could be cool for the house.

And the creepiest part is that some of the bodies were radioactive which the ways HHN would "explain" that would be creeper than the yeti approach.

• Like 1

Only one in that list I would be meh about is the Donner Party, which sounds like it would just be a colder Roanoke.

Truthfully, I've always wanted the Donner Party to be a Central Park scarezone with snow machines in the trees.

And regarding Dyatlov Pass, show of hands of those who have seen the movie "Devil's Pass."

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 2

Truthfully, I've always wanted the Donner Party to be a Central Park scarezone with snow machines in the trees.

And regarding Dyatlov Pass, show of hands of those who have seen the movie "Devil's Pass."

I'd accept a Donner Party zone, considering I honestly think Roanoke could have made a great Central Park zone.

Can't raise my hand for the Devil's Pass question.

Donner Party

Elizabeth Bathory

Salem Witch Trials

Typhoid Mary

Delphine LaLourie

Ive always thought a Pompeii house with burnt ghost would be cool

• Like 1

I'm really hoping they will work on the sound next year, particularly in the houses. Many of the triggered sound effects had too much variance in the levels (some gun shots were loud, some were quiet, for example). Some sounds, most notably in Roanoke, were horrendously cheesy. We need to see more dynamics in the houses and not have it constantly loud. If you've ever gone to Howl-o-Scream, their Zombie Mortuary's funeral parlor room is eeriely quiet, with just sobs. It's ominously effective. We need to have a musical composition in the ambiance, effects, etc - make it go from eerie, to louder, to LOUDER, to quiet, etc. Moreover, the scarezones were simply not memorable in terms of the music they played.

• Like 3

I'm really hoping they will work on the sound next year, particularly in the houses. Many of the triggered sound effects had too much variance in the levels (some gun shots were loud, some were quiet, for example). Some sounds, most notably in Roanoke, were horrendously cheesy. We need to see more dynamics in the houses and not have it constantly loud. If you've ever gone to Howl-o-Scream, their Zombie Mortuary's funeral parlor room is eeriely quiet, with just sobs. It's ominously effective. We need to have a musical composition in the ambiance, effects, etc - make it go from eerie, to louder, to LOUDER, to quiet, etc. Moreover, the scarezones were simply not memorable in terms of the music they played.

Completely agree with two exceptions, I liked the maskeraid music and thought the sounds in Halloween were pretty nerve wracking. But overall they do need better music and more subtly I'm some areas.

• Like 3

Things I don't see coming to HHN 25 - Hannibal , Hitchcock , the strain and AHS. Things I do see coming TWD and a Purge house .

Agreed. Since TWD is all but a lock for next year, I don't see any other TV show properties coming to the event. I doubt that they would want their show being viewed as second best. TWD casts a very big shadow. But who knows, it didn't seem to bother Robert Rodriguez.

• Like 1

Back to a topic from a page/a month ago...

The only real need to use 2 parks for the event is if there's no room for houses. If they indeed bump it up to 9 or even 10 houses, they might find the necessity. It also depends if KidZone goes under construction before November next year, but let's assume they don't for a minute. That leaves:

4 SSs

Disaster

2 Tents

Parade

Like normal. Then, where do you add the other 1 or 2? A fifth SS? MiB extended queue (once considered)?

Now logistically, it still seems like a 2 park event is still plausible. They could connect the parks by having it go from the gate in Seuss where Grinchmas enters/exits from and go behind BMG and around the side of it and down the street next to Rockit/DM. Wouldn't be anymore crowded than the exit for the 4 SSs was in 2013. It could work.

House locations wouldn't be a problem at all. 2 SSs and Disaster in USF, 1 SS, Carnage Wearhouse, Poseidon, Discovery Center in IoA, and the entrance to 2 SSs on the breezeway. So basically just have DM-Disaster open for USF and use the bypass bridge between JP and Lost Continent to block of WWoHP and you're set. Plenty doable, just way more of a pain in the ass than having it only in USF. But I'm sure they won't do it unless they have to, which they might have to. Plus they lose a spot for a queue for an SS once Twister goes next year.

Queue lines would be a bitch for SSs with that situation, though it could work. 2 in 24, 2 in 25, 1 in 22. Have the entrance by the NYC library facade for 24A, Use the Rockit plaza for 24B. Use an entrance that branches off of the breezeway to go to SS22. All 3 exit along the NY library facade like normal. Have the path between Sinbad and Poseidon go to 25A, use the second breakaway from the breezeway to go to 25B. Have these 2 exit along that path between Poseidon and Sinbad.

Scarezones in NY, San Fran, Marvel, Toon, JP, Lost Continent, Production Central. Have roaming hordes on the breezeway. Entrance/Exit to the event at the USF maingates. Block off Point of Entry.

Rides could include Hulk, Spidey, JPRA, Doom, Storm Force,

All of that is purely based on looking at Google maps at open paths. None of that could be possible or feasible for all I know. Just an idea of how a 2 park event could still happen.

• Like 1

The path between the Ampitheater and the loading station to RRR isn't big enough to let mass crowds through. The only feasible way to move through the sound stages from Suess now requires bending around to where the mass exit usually is. I'll do up a diagram at some point, but that's also ignoring all the fencing and curbs that are in place to mark off BMG parking that wasn't there before. That's really the only way to explain just how logistically complicated a two-park (really one and a half park) would be. And they would use the Studios Plus, not like it was. The Islands house venues are not good (aside from Carnage), not when they have the Sprungs and Parade.

Their plan for 22 went through Port, but blocked everything from Marvel to Hogsmeade off, meaning the only areas available were Lost Contintent, Port of Entry and Suess. I never knew how they planned to cut across behind BMG. It also only included Hollywood (which wasn't used in 2004) and New York. The stop would be at Central Park and Beetlejuice. Rides would have been Hulk, Dragons, Mummy, RRR and (I think, if it was opened), DM. Venues would have been Disaster, Soundstages, and Poisedon. Bill and Ted would have in Terminator. That's the "two-park" event they were planning as recently as 2012. There's no reason to think a two-park plan would be drastically different from that now. It didn't happen for a reason, and a one-park event is far better than the hodgepodge they were planning.

I loved 2004, but that was in spite of the two-park aspect. Not because of it. It had some major issues ("Dead end... Dead end... Nothing's happening...") and I honestly think the people who didn't experience it are romanticizing the idea. I get it. "Two-park" sells. But trust me. It would be very far from what you're expecting.

• Like 4

I agree with what you say about people believing a 2 park event would be better than it actually would be, Legacy. There's a lot of barriers in their way of making houses on the level of the tents, SSs, and Parade in the IoA venues. It'd be a LOT of walking and dead space as well. I would only want them to do both/2 halves/1 and a half parks out of necessity for more house locations. I really hope they do indeed expand to 9 or 10 houses. But it would be really hard in USF only currently.

Also, that plan is awful for 2012. That would've made that year completely unsalvageable, even with Gothic and Dead End.

• Like 1

They still have space though. Fairly easily. They've been considering putting a house in Poesidon for a couple years now. Yes, from the Studios. They have ALL that breezeway space, plus the entire back parking lot to put lines. And there's now four soundstages that have been used from the Studios, three of them can hold two houses. That's seven possible locations, plus the four we expect, plus the MIB extended queue, plus Poisedon. That's thirteen, if they DON'T get creative (ET queue, Macy*s storefront, Gardens of Allah, SS 33). They don't need to go anywhere. Islands actually has less space along the back of the park.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1

The only thing that would concern me is having 5+ house entrances right at the front of the park, and then only 4 elsewhere. It could either help the initial rush spread out better, or be congested as hell.

The only thing with having that many houses in the front is queue space. Twister and I'm assuming the backstage area where they've had the line for AvP/AWiL/Nightingales etc will be accessible beginning in a few months. That makes it super hard to have that many houses up there, plus express queues, plus exits. I'm sure there's a way, but it'll be interesting to see how they do it.

Something I would like to see. If they decide to open Diagon Alley next year or in the coming years, I wonder if they would put a scarezone in there. Maybe a few Dementors, some beat up and bloody wizards. A nice storyline would be that Voldemort killed Harry Potter and took over the Wizarding World. I guess it all depends on if J.K. Rowling will let any of this happen. Also if they run out of spaces to put houses they can use the Gringott's extended queue. It would be nice. Wishful thinking for sure :P

Edited by IheartNARWHALS

So if we get original house sequels from the past (I'm hoping we get at least 2) which 2 would be best? I'm going with Nightengales and All Night Die-In simply because they have such better storylines that are strong enough for sequels, not to mention they are easier to translate to the newer crowds that haven't seen these franchises before. (Scary Tales is a wishful thought for me though)

She wrote books that were intentionally scary with adults torturing and killing children. I think she'd be fine with it. Excited, even. People get to experience Death Eaters trying to kill them? It's the war straight out of books. It's just that no one has asked her.

So if we get original house sequels from the past (I'm hoping we get at least 2) which 2 would be best? I'm going with Nightengales and All Night Die-In simply because they have such better storylines that are strong enough for sequels, not to mention they are easier to translate to the newer crowds that haven't seen these franchises before. (Scary Tales is a wishful thought for me though)

If there's a DIE-In sequel, we'll get a Screamhouse and Circus/Carnival as well. Director is the third most popular, and they wouldn't give the Director a house and not Caretaker and Jack.

That said, Nightingales is the only true sequel I'm confident in, though I hope for Catacombs and Hellgate.

• Like 1

That's why instead of having Twister become a Jimmy Fallon show they should make it a House of Horrors. But I doubt they will do that since Hollywood is taking their's out. It would be a good way to advertise the coming year's HHN. They can hide clues inside for the hardcore fans to find and stuff like that. That will drive up attendance and they won't run into the same problems that Hollywood did. Also they can reskin it to use during HHN and they can just keep that maze up until they need to construct the new house, then repeat. Then more advertising, "look what you missed last HHN, don't miss out next year". I think its a good idea.

Edited by IheartNARWHALS
  • Like 2