Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Because I can never turn down King talk...

King hates, HATES, the Kubrick version. It's not a small dissatisfaction. He loathes it. (I haven't seen any recent articles showing that he has changed his opinion.) Sai King would probably be very antagonistic toward a company who put forth Kubrick's version (if King doesn't maintain some or all rights control). I doubt ostracizing the "Master of Horror" would be something either coast would desire to do. King may one day decide to allow his works to be used for haunts. Best to stay in his good graces. And since King is spending a large percentage of his time right down the road from UO (Venice/Sarasota area, I believe), he would be unlikely to miss the advertising for HHN.

Personally, I feel the book version of The Shining would make a far better haunted house. There is a more supernatural feel, iconic sounds (roque mallet booming), the focus on the boiler could add to the scenic elements, and since we have puppets now, the topi arises coming to life. While Kubrick's version has a mass appeal (recognizable), I just feel it lacks necessary elements for a house.

*returns to her reread of The Shining*

I agree that if King hates the Kubrick version that much HHN would probably be weary to use it, though ultimately I doubt it would be an issue from King as it would put some amount of money in his pocket. And here unfortunately is when I turn into a blasphemer, I would like to see the Kubrick version because I am not a fan of King's work. I like Shawshank and Green Mile but his stories that go for horror don't really do much for me, I respect that he is the reason one of my favorite movies exist and that he has done a lot for the horror genre but I can't really get into him.

I agree that if King hates the Kubrick version that much HHN would probably be weary to use it, though ultimately I doubt it would be an issue from King as it would put some amount of money in his pocket. And here unfortunately is when I turn into a blasphemer, I would like to see the Kubrick version because I am not a fan of King's work. I like Shawshank and Green Mile but his stories that go for horror don't really do much for me, I respect that he is the reason one of my favorite movies exist and that he has done a lot for the horror genre but I can't really get into him.

If King were only concerned about the money being placed in his pocket, we would already have had haunts from his works. He, like many authors, is very particular about how his books are presented. He holds his rights very closely now. He is no longer the author who is struggling for money. He does have a prolific field of work that could easily translate to haunted attractions. He has most likely been approached (and Murdy in Hollywood has approached him regarding The Shining. King turned it down.) by those who would like to create haunts based in his books.

It has been speculated that his death (an event I do not look forward to) would be needed for haunts to finally happen. Knowing that Tabitha (his wife) and his son (Joe Hill) are both authors, and the rights would most likely go to next of kin, I cannot see them going against his wishes. Btw, the 2013 movie Horns was based on Jos Hill's novel.

• Like 1

Murdy is off for a while... Maybe when he gets back to work

I meant: Will Mike attempt to give us codenames and hints, or will we have to wait for other (usual) ways to receive our clues, or (fingers-crossed) will our hints come on a more Legendary fashion.

After reading replies, digesting the wording of the post, and recovering from and realizing how early this tweet is...

I wonder if this is our house that got Altared last year.

I meant: Will Mike attempt to give us codenames and hints, or will we have to wait for other (usual) ways to receive our clues, or (fingers-crossed) will our hints come on a more Legendary fashion.

After reading replies, digesting the wording of the post, and recovering from and realizing how early this tweet is...

I wonder if this is our house that got Altared last year.

You mean Ritual? It's possible. It could be any unused house (Lovecraft?) or a featured house they've had planned (like an Icon(s) house).

You mean Ritual? It's possible. It could be any unused house (Lovecraft?) or a featured house they've had planned (like an Icon(s) house).

I want Ritual, I was looking forward to it. But yes, that's what I meant. I didn't consider other previously unused concepts, but those would be good too. Especially if an icon is attached! (Preferably a new one, but they've already teased Jack)

I want Ritual, I was looking forward to it. But yes, that's what I meant. I didn't consider other previously unused concepts, but those would be good too. Especially if an icon is attached! (Preferably a new one, but they've already teased Jack)

I need to go back and try and remember what I knew about Ritual, but I do remember not being disappointed in its loss. My gut says house #1 is a sequel or a "All-the-Icons" house. It's really early to have something approved, so it needs to be something management is comfortable with giving a quick OK.

• Like 1

I need to go back and try and remember what I knew about Ritual, but I do remember not being disappointed in its loss. My gut says house #1 is a sequel or a "All-the-Icons" house. It's really early to have something approved, so it needs to be something management is comfortable with giving a quick OK.

I do recall you didn't mind Ritual being shelved, I also know someone said something along the lines that Ritual was the least interesting of last years house lineup. Think it might have been rumored to be a 3D house, but I'm not sure.

well if this house is being "written" as Mike said, then it almost has to be an original concept. If they are writing the story for the house my guess is it's either a new concept for an icon house with an unused story, OR it's a sequel to a past franchise like Nightnengales. However, you are also right as it could be a house that has been scrapped in the past, like Ritual, which to clarify was only speculated to be 3D. But again, the house is being written, so if they already had a concept for Ritual, they wouldn't have to re-write it unless it totally sucked which is completely possible because they did indeed scrap it for FDTD. I don't know guys. There's a lot this could be, but if one thing is for sure, it's original.

well if this house is being "written" as Mike said, then it almost has to be an original concept. If they are writing the story for the house my guess is it's either a new concept for an icon house with an unused story, OR it's a sequel to a past franchise like Nightnengales. However, you are also right as it could be a house that has been scrapped in the past, like Ritual, which to clarify was only speculated to be 3D. But again, the house is being written, so if they already had a concept for Ritual, they wouldn't have to re-write it unless it totally sucked which is completely possible because they did indeed scrap it for FDTD. I don't know guys. There's a lot this could be, but if one thing is for sure, it's original.

Every house is written (like Charles said). The tweet also doesn't say that they JUST wrote it. Just that it's been written.

Hey has anyone watched the Jack's 3-Dementia house from Singapore on youtube? In my opinion, that's how a 3D house is done! And if we get a Jack house for HHN25, I'm hoping it's just like that one.

Its actually the same blueprints and concept as the 07 version.. Singapore bought the stuff of A&D

I mean sometimes, very rarely does Despicable Me ever get crowded to the point of blocking off the maze entrance so I don't see it being an issue. It could easily be fixed by having the full queue open and make guests walk the whole thing. It's usually never that busy in general during HHN. I don't see the issue with having it open.

So it seems that a house based on a collection of Alfred Hitchcock's work is the rumor that keeps popping up. It was mentioned in an article of Orlando Attractions yesterday I know that this doesn't confirm anything but it's exciting to have a solid rumor! I know we talked about this idea already but I'd be excited for this house. And I'm wondering what Hitchcock movie moments do you all think will/should be used?

Also on a personal note, when my fiancé and I where on the house tour this year she was talking to the guide and mentioned how she wishes that they'd do a Hitchcock collection house. So maybe that's why I personally enjoy this rumor so much.