Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Also on a personal note, when my fiancé and I where on the house tour this year she was talking to the guide and mentioned how she wishes that they'd do a Hitchcock collection house. So maybe that's why I personally enjoy this rumor so much.

Hitchcock was included in the survey a couple weeks ago, so im sure they have considered it.

Hitchcock was included in the survey a couple weeks ago, so im sure they have considered it.

Yeah I'm sure Hitchcock is frequently suggested to them, those movies are so iconic is kind of surprising that it hasn't been done yet. I'm just happy to see her get so excited about a house haha.

Please don't have Despicable Me open during a non-family-friendly event. Resources can be better directed towards Terminator 2:3D or the horror makeup show.

Since many responded to this:

I believe what Mrevio is suggesting that instead of DM, open either T2 or HMU.

My only opinion on this would be; open whichever attraction is the biggest people eater.

Since many responded to this:

I believe what Mrevio is suggesting that instead of DM, open either T2 or HMU.

My only opinion on this would be; open whichever attraction is the biggest people eater.

The attraction that would be the biggest people eater is Diagon Alley. Which universal won't open for HHN.

The attraction that would be the biggest people eater is Diagon Alley. Which universal won't open for HHN.

Diagon would definitely pull some of people in during the event. This may be a dumb question but do attractions pull that many people in? I figured people that go to HHN would bypass most rides.

Diagon would definitely pull some of people in during the event. This may be a dumb question but do attractions pull that many people in? I figured people that go to HHN would bypass most rides.

not normally, but if the houses have absurdly long wait times, then people will often go to either the rides or shows/scare zones.

Figured I may as well post this, since I saw it linked on Orlando United

http://attractionsmagazine.com/rumor-queue-look-top-theme-park-rumors-2015/ (Scroll down a bit.)

Article says rumors are:

• Walking Dead 4 (AHHHHHH)
  • The Purge Zone
  • Alfred Hitchcock House
  • American Horror Story (Which has come up since 2013.)
  • A maze adaption of Hollywood's Dark Christmas scarezone. (Wouldn't complain about this.)
  • Interactive elements in mazes (Like LT Scanners).
  • Jack as the only icon this year. (Though that was a given to be honest?)

Basically nothing new except the Dark Christmas thing, though even then the Hollywood guys have it speculated. Or had, thanks to the Krampus film.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/rumor-queue-look-top-theme-park-rumors-2015/ (Scroll down a bit.)

Article says rumors are:

• The Purge Zone
  • Alfred Hitchcock House
  • A maze adaption of Hollywood's Dark Christmas scarezone. (Wouldn't complain about this.)

Basically nothing new except the Dark Christmas thing, though even then the Hollywood guys have it speculated. Or had, thanks to the Krampus film.

I figured that Orlando would hold back on the Dark Christmas concept and let Hollywood decide if they want to make it a maze or not before we took a crack at it. Unless Hollywood already decided not to then gave Orlando the OK.

I know they are just rumors but I'm just thinking logically about each one and they all make sense. the walking dead will bring in the horde of the casual HHN goer and the die hard fans of the series. Purge worked out great for them last year and cheap to make. Alfred Hitchcock will work depending on the story they choose to portray or if they do a room or 2 for a select number of movies, also having Alfred Hitchcock would definitely draw some attention and curiosity. Then Jack which was a given since the reveal.

(Quoted only so people would know what I was talking about, sorry Forever xD)

Edited by IheartNARWHALS

I figured that Orlando would hold back on the Dark Christmas concept and let Hollywood decide if they want to make it a maze or not before we took a crack at it. Unless Hollywood already decided not to then gave Orlando the OK.

I know they are just rumors but I'm just thinking logically about each one and they all make sense. the walking dead will bring in the horde of the casual HHN goer and the die hard fans of the series. Purge worked out great for them last year and cheap to make. Alfred Hitchcock will work depending on the story they choose to portray or if they do a room or 2 for a select number of movies, also having Alfred Hitchcock would definitely draw some attention and curiosity. Then Jack which was a given since the reveal.

Apparently it says the Hitchcock house would be a compilation house, but I presume the main focus would be on Psycho. I could see a Hitchcock compilation house starting and ending with Psycho, with everything else in between.

About Dark Christmas, who knows? It could be Orlando and Hollywood's first shared original, unless Hollywood goes the Krampus route.

Apparently it says the Hitchcock house would be a compilation house, but I presume the main focus would be on Psycho. I could see a Hitchcock compilation house starting and ending with Psycho, with everything else in between.

About Dark Christmas, who knows? It could be Orlando and Hollywood's first shared original, unless Hollywood goes the Krampus route.

I would love to see a Krampus haunted house!

Article says rumors are:

• The Purge Zone
  • Alfred Hitchcock House

There are new developments that may allow for AHS to be used. But it is still too early to really know for sure. Be assured they are wanting to push the envelope this year. There is potential for a whole lot of new along with some things people have been demanding for a long time. Only time will tell.

• Like 2

There are new developments that may allow for AHS to be used. But it is still too early to really know for sure. Be assured they are wanting to push the envelope this year. There is potential for a whole lot of new along with some things people have been demanding for a long time. Only time will tell.

Female chainsaws themed to Amazons?

• Like 1

I'm all for pushing the envelope, but if they do, Universal should really push or even enforce an age limit and house warnings. If they do go the more extreme route and keep the same formula, they will run into more complaints and complications than ever before. I would like to see a more intense HHN, but I hope they are prepared for whatever happens throughout the run next year. Last year was nuts for both Hollywood and Orlando.

The problem is... Sure you can push the envelope but that doesn't make something scary or even better. Add nudity, more gore, interactivity, gimmick technology or whatever... but if it's being done just for the sake of "pushing the envelope" it isn't scary or even interesting... it's a marketing ploy. You can upcharge people and make them sign all the waviers you want... if it's all just for making money and not the quality of the content... it wont keep people happy. LEARN HOW TO BE SCARY AGAIN.

• Like 2

There are the "casual fans" or fans who are coming because of a specific property who will ride the rides.

Such as? I ask cause I'm interested. Which gimmicks would you not want to see?

Alone style house? Skeleton key concept? Laser tag? Those are the gimmicks that come to mind.

Anyone here experience the Zombie Containment thingy at BG?

(I've never experienced any of the gimmicks I listed, and don't really know of others.)

I always end up asking myself how when I read "make the event scary again". Partially due to my concept of scary and partially due to the limitations the popularity of the event have created.

What would make the event scary again? What limits need to be pushed? What, specifically, would add to the scare factor.

I'm addressing this to everyone. Not just Charles. What do you think needs to be added/removed/created/done to make the event scary again?

My fear/scare factor relies on sound, smell, theming, elements of the unknown. This is why I usually prefer original concepts over IPs. I need the element of surprise. Not knowing what will come next.

I have also been going to the event for 15 years. I've become desensitized to many scare techniques. I also prefer supernatural and suspenseful horror over gore and violence horror. Gore doesn't frighten me. Violence, while disturbing when portrayed, is one of the elements I find it harder to suspend disbelief.

My one wish will always be line pulsing. This would, for me, make the event scary again.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Tell me a story. Immerse me in the environment.Give me some understanding of why you are doing what you are doing in the house.

Give me vaule for my time and money.

Technically speaking, I liked all the houses last year. But through implementation it loses something. They all felt disjointed and just made for the sake of attracting more people. Like running a check list.

Creepy Dolls... Check. Scary Clowns... check. Popular Ips... check.

I don't feel the passion... or the value... and I'm probably not going as a result.

I feel they have lost sight of the reason for the event. (Which all the trolls will scream it's about making money)

It can't all be about money. there has to be a reason... a passion.

It has become Corporate McHorror Nights... it simply exist because people will spend money.

People can disagree all they want with me and say they are tired of hearing about the old days. Whatever. Doesn't change my mind. Doesn't change the fact I don't buy their crap anymore. (ON a related note my entire 100+ shirt collection needs to go if anyone needs something).

Anyway back to the shadows. this accomplishes nothing and only comes off a complaining anyway.

Just came to post some artwork.... ciao

• Like 2

I want to see the actors be more aggressive than just popping out and waiving their arms around. I want them to get in our faces, put some hands in the face like they do in the streets, block our paths like the Gecko Brothers in FDTD in the main room. I want to feel a sense of danger and not just loud music and someone appearing in a spotlight 5 feet away. Also like JDW said, I would like a story. My first year was the last year they was truly a story to the event (2011) and I miss it.

I can take a guess as to why they moved away from the story for individual houses, that being that most IP's don't need a story. But I miss the storylines. Even the original concepts have moved away from stories and just did a mash-up "scary things".

That's my main issues. Anything else for me would be just nitpicking. (if this isn't nitpicking by itself xD)

• Like 3

I want to see the actors be more aggressive than just popping out and waiving their arms around. I want them to get in our faces, put some hands in the face like they do in the streets, block our paths like the Gecko Brothers in FDTD in the main room. I want to feel a sense of danger and not just loud music and someone appearing in a spotlight 5 feet away. Also like JDW said, I would like a story. My first year was the last year they was truly a story to the event (2011) and I miss it.

I can take a guess as to why they moved away from the story for individual houses, that being that most IP's don't need a story. But I miss the storylines. Even the original concepts have moved away from stories and just did a mash-up "scary things".

That's my main issues. Anything else for me would be just nitpicking. (if this isn't nitpicking by itself xD)

I feel the more aggressive scaring mentioned would fix a problem I somewhat have with the houses. Every first time I do a house (Exception being Afterlife, Roanoke, and AVP.), I get a lot of scares, then everytime forward, there's less and less. It's not because I know the spots, hell I somewhat look directly at them to purposefully catch scares, it's just I get used to the tactic.

I would like story, but I honestly can live without it.