Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

terminato they own the rights !?!?!?!?!?!

That's not my point. My point is, they can use a similar concept to another house and just spin it a different way. I am in no way suggesting I want a Westworld house, but a house inspired by Westworld could be interesting. It could even be a kick butt dark comedy house that allows them to make fun of a Disney-esque ride gone wrong (killer pirate robots anyone?).

If they truly wanted to make a horror game into a maze, the only one I can think of is Slender. I honestly don't want to see this...ever.

the utter thought of slender man becoming a maze for HHN makes me wanna gag. It would be a total waste of a maze.

Slender isn't an urban legend. He's basically an overrated internet meme. :P

• Like 3

I know this is pure wishful thinking, and many will not agree with me, but I want a maze similar to Interstellar Terror. It's scenery was awesome, and had a lot of tight spaces which made it claustrophobic and more intense. Any tight, dark, maze with energetic actors is a good maze. Imagine what they could do if they recreated Interstellar Terror. They have improved so much.

• Like 3

I know this is pure wishful thinking, and many will not agree with me, but I want a maze similar to Interstellar Terror. It's scenery was awesome, and had a lot of tight spaces which made it claustrophobic and more intense. Any tight, dark, maze with energetic actors is a good maze. Imagine what they could do if they recreated Interstellar Terror. They have improved so much.

If they want to to an Interstellar Terror, why not just Alien? The Nostromo would be the perfect setting. It's all depending on how nice Disney wants to be. Or they can just do AvP on a spaceship, but the base last year did look very similar to a spaceship.

I love Sci Fi stuff as much as the next guy, but I just don't want things being overdone.

*sighs* Just because a movie comes out, does not mean it will be a house.

A new Care Bear movie is coming out, lets make it a house!

Edited by IheartNARWHALS
  • Like 1

If they want to to an Interstellar Terror, why not just Alien? The Nostromo would be the perfect setting. It's all depending on how nice Disney wants to be. Or they can just do AvP on a spaceship, but the base last year did look very similar to a spaceship.

I love Sci Fi stuff as much as the next guy, but I just don't want things being overdone.

Yeah It's possible that a lot of the AvP base were used materials from Interstellar Terror.

• Like 1

Guys stahp. It was a joke :P

Back on Topic:

What are some REALISTIC horror franchises that you would like to see at HHN in the next couple of years?

I would want to see Insidious, Alien (just Alien, Predators can go kick rocks), Z Nation (recently started watching it and I think it would translate well), H.P. Lovecraft house, something superhero that isn't tacky like zombie heroes. I'll think of more later.

• Like 1

As it is likely that Universal staff read these forums, I would like to announce that this:

and this:

Should NOT be considered for Halloween Horror Nights. The premises of both can't sustain an entire house without becoming repetitive.

You would think that this doesn't need to be said, but then shit like Dracula Untold happens

Edited by Mrevio
  • Like 1

Slender man is Copyrighted. Granted the rights have been given out before but there isn't much to it.

Its simple without a story the houses become disjointed boo scares with a generally similar feel.

You need to tell a story as to why things are happening or your audience can't relate and it won't be as effective. Sure you get the creepy atmosphere's and imagery but with out some semblance of a story to hold it together... it just feels like random boo scares.

I know Universal knows this. In their normal rides they build the story with queue videos, interactions, etc. But for some reason they seem to be losing that a bit.

Ooh look clowns! Ooh look dolls! I think that is another big factor with IPs. They don't have to spend that extra effort on them because they are so well known.

Even so much a queue video (that explains what is going on... Giggles does not count and was pointless and repetitive to boot) or an audio queue. Something!

Some houses work on just a clever idea. But most need some kind of story.

However, I would like to see an adaption of the Mist, Wes Craven's Them. Something that deprives the senses. If you are disoriented it makes things more

intense.

A cordyceps zombie house. Yeah plays a zombie house would be the atmosphere and costumes would be what make it. Fugal forests, zombies with massive growths. Your typical zombie scenes become just much cooler with the fugal twist.

If we must have a collage house why not make a Japanese urban legend house. They have some really freaky beasties.

I would love to see a house dedicated to spiders. Some how I want to end up in a giant burrowing wolf spiders burrow running for dear life.

They are due for a ghost ship house. Doesn't have to be Frightanic in fact I would rather them just do something new. I really want amazing water effects. Stair wells gushing water. Port holes with views of water behind it. If you can make the floor actually wet like in the past that would be incredible.

I want a abandoned hotel again. Straight up ghost house, Dead end style effects. Hotel Hell was great for it's time. Could really be redone well.

The FNAF thing reminds me of DHOTD, Toy Hell, Chucky: FTTE, etc. But sure why not. I would love to see some creepy half mutilated animatronics attacking. Story is key though.

I bring it up EVERY year but... dark Willy Wonka. Scary tunnel. You know the rest. Grumblings of ideas being tossed around this year may actually make my dream location for the tunnel a possibility this year... But I won't hold my breath.

Even though HOS beat them to and did an amazing job at it... I want a voodoo house. With bayou scenes.

As I'm probably NOT going this year it may be moot anyway.

• Like 3

JackTheReaper makes a good point. I truly know that A&D cares about us and they are working hard to meet our needs and expectations. However, as it has been in past years, marketing and those above A&D have the final say in things. Sure, there are a lot of us who would love to see old content and all new originals, but there are loads of guests who want big IPs that they are familiar with.

I wouldn't mind seeing another house like Intersteller Terror. AvP had some scenes that reminded me of IT. Are you talking a sequel house or something new?

Well, we sorta saw it in Dollhouse last year. Just with a lot bigger and meaner bears!
  • Like 1

I'm with JDW on this.. In the 90s and Mid 00's they pushed the envelope and tried NEW things with storylines and house wise. Can we at least get that love back? I know marketing has a big say but A&D has to prove to they can blow our minds if they just updated some stuff they did in the old days.

In general some haunts are millions of miles away with what HHN is doing.. Just say.

• Like 1

What better to have for an anniversary year than a ghost house. But instead of a "haunted house" like we saw in 2010 and 2012, why not a ship/boat. We haven't seen that in years. You could argue that The Forsaken fits the "ghost ship" idea, and it does, but it's a completely different setting and storyline.

But The Forsaken was ruined with the costume choices. With those glowing eyes, I saw every single scare coming.

OK but in all fairness they were holding true to the movie the fog (except the eyes were green and not red)

In reality their masks were far better than the movie.

NewBlake4-476x600.png

• Like 1

But The Forsaken was ruined with the costume choices. With those glowing eyes, I saw every single scare coming.

Eeehh, not really. I always went in the house when it was still daylight out (6 pm/ 5:30), so since I was in darkness suddenly I would be partly blind and actually never saw them coming. I'm sure going in the house at night when your eyes are already adapted to the dark it can give them away.

I went though the forsaken on a solo run too (Best house run of my life), The glowing eyes never gave away their position and every scare got me perfectly.

• Like 2

Okay, let me clarify. When I think of the glowing eyes, I think of the straight bridge that was tilted and the monsters were on both sides. Their eyes glowed through the nets and ruined it. The other scenes weren't too bad. I may have overplayed the eye things, but that was the only bad part I can remember of HHN 21.